It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,368

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#102746 Mar 15, 2013
Tm Clmns wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Sarah Palin used to come to Canada for basic medical checkups. How bad is that??
It doesn't sound good for Alaska. Mental checks?
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#102747 Mar 15, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you will find like in all things not every country is best at every skill in medicine......except maybe Australia.....
I hear ya.:-)

Speaking of which, where is Gottaliv, I wonder?
FYI

Arvada, CO

#102748 Mar 15, 2013
Purge Oz of Whites wrote:
Roopy roopy toot toot woooouuuuught fdreora
" YOU ARE A RACIST" Be well my friend. Regards

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#102749 Mar 15, 2013
Tm Clmns wrote:
"ARMED VETERAN"
Record average high fuel prices (which causes the price of everything else to go up with it); unemployment still hanging around 8%(under employed still above 10%); and more people on welfare, unemployment, and food stamps than in any time in the history of this country is HARDLY what I would call an "improved" economy.
Looks like 400 people have more wealth than the bottom 50% of Americans, so what do you expect.
Since you are probably not one of the 400, you are an idiot for supporting their
status quo. US propaganda works perfectly..
There is room for ANYONE at the top. But there is NOT room for EVERYONE at the top. Why are you so against people being successful??? I see you are another believer in Obama's class warfare scheme.
Marauder

Palmer, AK

#102750 Mar 15, 2013
Tm Clmns wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Sarah Palin used to come to Canada for basic medical checkups. How bad is that??
So what...it was the closest medical facility were she lived with her parents. It wasn't her choice, it was her parents.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#102751 Mar 15, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear ya.:-)
Speaking of which, where is Gottaliv, I wonder?
I don't know, but I wished she would come back....I think we just heaped too much on her because we thought she was invincible....:(
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#102752 Mar 15, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, but I wished she would come back....I think we just heaped too much on her because we thought she was invincible....:(
She had been mentioning all of the rain she was getting. I hope she wasn't in the flood area.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#102754 Mar 16, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
She had been mentioning all of the rain she was getting. I hope she wasn't in the flood area.
Me too....
MalbaCACCA is gay

Toronto, Canada

#102756 Mar 16, 2013
he loves boys
MalbaCACCA is gay

Toronto, Canada

#102757 Mar 16, 2013
Just walk away Mal-bar, you wont see my follow you back home.
MalbarCACA Controllers

UK

#102758 Mar 16, 2013
MalbaCACCA is gay wrote:
he loves boys
We know you do, and prancing around like a fairy queen in your pink leotard.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#102759 Mar 16, 2013
I'm still waiting for one(1), just one(1), logical, rationale, reasonable explanation why your typical, average, everyday citizen-at-large would require a semi-auto/automatic/military style, assault grade weapon to defend themselves &/or their property, the AR-15 under contention for example...Just one(1), you know, much like I'm still waiting for someone to show me one(1), just one(1), so-called "Weapon of Mass Destruction" to justify all of the tax payer money and the lives of our sons and daughters, mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters of our soldiers in arms, not to mention all of the civilian lives we lost here in the states with the destruction of the World Trade Center Towers, as well as all of the subsequent and still tabulating deaths resulting from the Towers' the toxic debris fallout, the government has and is put(ting) into the yet still ongoing war in the Middle East...Just one(1).

Anyone...?
Wayne LaPierre

Thailand

#102760 Mar 16, 2013
just an allusion wrote:
I'm still waiting for one(1), just one(1), logical, rationale, reasonable explanation why your typical, average, everyday citizen-at-large would require a semi-auto/automatic/military style, assault grade weapon to defend themselves &/or their property, the AR-15 under contention for example...Just one(1), you know, much like I'm still waiting for someone to show me one(1), just one(1), so-called "Weapon of Mass Destruction" to justify all of the tax payer money and the lives of our sons and daughters, mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters of our soldiers in arms, not to mention all of the civilian lives we lost here in the states with the destruction of the World Trade Center Towers, as well as all of the subsequent and still tabulating deaths resulting from the Towers' the toxic debris fallout, the government has and is put(ting) into the yet still ongoing war in the Middle East...Just one(1).
Anyone...?
Increased market share of the American economy.
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#102761 Mar 16, 2013
just an allusion wrote:
Anyone...?
First of all, they don't fire any differently than most hunting rifles which are more lethal. They are not military weapons. The military uses automatic weapons. They are simply military in appearance. I don't know where term weapon of mass destruction comes from. Most semiautomatic hand guns carry more rounds and are a larger caliber.

One example would be a rancher on the southern border with drug cartel trafficking through his property and subject to a home invasion out in the wilderness.

What if the twin tower attack was even better planned and was accompanied by a sleeper cell uprising in the streets with their automatic weapons? Could the average citizen protect his home and family? The second amendment provides the average citizen the ability to defend themselves.

And most of all, once you tinker with one of the bill of rights, the rest of them are vulnerable. Maybe someday the press speaking out against government policy would become treasonous once the bills of rights are compromised.

Why don't we try criminal control instead of disarming honest citizens?
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#102762 Mar 16, 2013
Wayne LaPierre wrote:
<quoted text>
Increased market share of the American economy.
The military industrial complex does that very well on its own without the public market.
GoGoBar is a Pedo

Thailand

#102763 Mar 16, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
The military industrial complex does that very well on its own without the public market.
3200ft/second. A NATO round.

Go away Tea!

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#102764 Mar 16, 2013
GoGoBar is a Pedo wrote:
<quoted text>
A NATO round.
Which means what exactly?

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

#102765 Mar 16, 2013
GoGoBar is a Pedo wrote:
<quoted text>
3200ft/second. A NATO round.
Go away Tea!
Duh. NATO bullets go fast. Duh.
Frank

Oakland, CA

#102766 Mar 16, 2013
just an allusion wrote:
Anyone...?
Lots of explanations in the rightwing - alternative universe ...
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#102767 Mar 16, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of explanations in the rightwing - alternative universe ...
Derrr, alternative universe. Are you parroting Move On or Think Progress?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is the worst president since WWII ? 2 min barefoot2626 1,101
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min Dogen 132,571
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 2 min mjjcpa 341
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 2 min Frankie Rizzo 5,013
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Yeah 1,154,068
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min Katrina Rox 293,403
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Jacques Ottawa 181,812
Stars and others react to 'Interview' cancellation 2 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 11
2016 hopeful Ben Carson pledges support for Israel 2 hr Whatever 2
More from around the web