It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103293 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#100776 Feb 23, 2013
Elvin wrote:
And dumbass, all yanks arent just fat. 38% are obese! That is why the corporations and manufacturers had to move offshore to Asia and Mexico.
I have been whacking off since I was 12, I'm now a 23 yo virgin. I'm five foot five inces tall, 145 pounds with 22%% body fat, can you lady, say that?
I think not!
What! that you whacking of for 11 years has made you thin, nope as I don't know if that is acually true? You should go ask your mates about that one?

Perth, Australia

#100777 Feb 23, 2013
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I can gauge intelligence quite well, struggle to find any reading your posts.
Nobody cares what you say.
LOL. I am going to cry myself to sleep on my big pillow tonight because my whole opinion of myself rests on your opinion and you don't like me. whahhhhh!

Perth, Australia

#100778 Feb 23, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but I think we are losing the battle over guns.
I was kidding when I said I was apathetic.
Nothing worth winning is easy else everyone would do it, the battle of the guns has just begun, don't be so easily discouraged.
I know you were kidding.

Perth, Australia

#100779 Feb 23, 2013
Levi wrote:
<quoted text>Some americans are fat, I agree. I have seen a few fat aussies too, as well as any other nationality. What/how does americans being fat effect you? It doesnt. Our gun laws do not effect you in the least, and you're a liar if you say it does.
B4 you goggle it, do you even know why the 2nd admendment was made in the first place? Now, go google it and get back at me.
Yeah, we yanks are really dumb arent we. We're so dumb we did in 200 years what the rest of the world has been trying to do for thousands. I wont go and list all the good accomplishments the 'dumb' yanks have made, it'll take too much time. But even a fool like you knows the truth wheter you'd admit it or not.
And what makes you think the yanks give a rats ass as to what YOU think? You overestimate yourself, you act as if YOU'RE important. You're a nobody just like the rest of us, a voice among millions, thats all.
And dumbass, all yanks arent fat.
I have been working out since I was 12, I'm now 23. I'm six foot five inces tall, 235 pounds with 7% body fat, can you lady, say that?
I think not, you hiprocrite.
I haven't decided whether you are being deliberately obtuse or you really are that stupid. Reading my post correctly would have anwered these questions, yet here you are asking the same ones? I am opting for the latter.
The Fixers

Los Angeles, CA

#100780 Feb 23, 2013
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Something you lack, groupie.
Intelligence.
Are you Levi's groupie?
The Fixers

Los Angeles, CA

#100781 Feb 23, 2013
levi wrote:
<quoted text>Whats the deal caca, trying to get orion to say something bad about my intelligence so that the 'fire' will drawn away from you?
I'll be the first to tell you or anyone else on here that I'am far from the smartest poster here. So what? I'm still smarter then you, which aint saying much.
Who is smarter you or _0rion_?
levi

United States

#100782 Feb 23, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an old compliment..."You are smarter than you look"
For Levi it is a case of looking smarter than he is.
He reminds me of that nobody Highlander.
When confronted, the mask fell away.
And you remind me of a child molester liveing in thailand, how are those lil kids doing, pervert.
Funny how you suck up to those few who ocassionally agree with you and how you down others for haveing opinions other then those of yours.
I never believed in reincarnation until I ran across you. Nobody can be as dumb as you are in one lifetime.

Perth, Australia

#100784 Feb 23, 2013
sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
In respect of obesity, here in Australia we have the same problem as most of the developed 'western' countries - much is being done to raise public awareness, as I'm sure is also the case in America.
And a good deal of that is as Sid states and America has brought the problems that have made their country obese to ours....ie Macca's, soft drink, etc. my argument is not for or against fat people it is against America dumping their shite on us when it has caused them so many problems. In Australia at least they have forced these companies to list the content so that people can see it and forced the fast food companies to introduce a healthier option....that does not exist in America....so we don't want the problems that they can't solve dumped in our laps.
MalbaCACA means gay

Valencia, Venezuela

#100785 Feb 23, 2013
The Fixers wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you Levi's groupie?
Your MelbaCACAs gay groupie
levi

United States

#100788 Feb 23, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't decided whether you are being deliberately obtuse or you really are that stupid. Reading my post correctly would have anwered these questions, yet here you are asking the same ones? I am opting for the latter.
Oh I've read your post correctly, if it looks like shit, smells like shit, and (in your post)worthless as shit, then its probably SHIT!
You're nothing but diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the brain.
Believe me, if I gave a shit you'd be the first on my list to give it to.
levi

United States

#100789 Feb 23, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. I am going to cry myself to sleep on my big pillow tonight because my whole opinion of myself rests on your opinion and you don't like me. whahhhhh!
You want some cheese with that WHINE?
levi

United States

#100790 Feb 23, 2013
The Fixers wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is smarter you or _0rion_?
I'll say orion, so?
Whos smarter you or a paper bag?
I'll say the paper bag.
levi

United States

#100791 Feb 23, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
And a good deal of that is as Sid states and America has brought the problems that have made their country obese to ours....ie Macca's, soft drink, etc. my argument is not for or against fat people it is against America dumping their shite on us when it has caused them so many problems. In Australia at least they have forced these companies to list the content so that people can see it and forced the fast food companies to introduce a healthier option....that does not exist in America....so we don't want the problems that they can't solve dumped in our laps.
I'll be damn! Now this lesbo is saying america is the reason some aussies are fat! Hey lesbo, why dont you blame the yanks for the metorite that exploded over russia, you know you want to, you just havent figured out a way, espically since the whole world knows the truth.
Hey, we're the cause of global warming too. Never mind your freinds the chinese who has the worst air on earth, and the worst polluted rivers and lakes on earth, but hey, what the hell, they aint americans so its okay.
you have got to be single, alone, and miserable. No decent man would have someone like you, thats a fact, and with good reason.
No need to comeback and tell me you wouldnt have a man, truth is, no man in his right mind would have you.
Again you show your ignorance, yes, in america on every soda bottle/can, on every food box, package, meat package, etc, ever calorie is written, every ingredient,fat content, cholestrol, everything. And yes, our fast food joints have healthier choices, or at least, most of them do.
And I still stand by my statements I made today and few weeks ago, you have never, and do not, critize any country but the usa. At first that kinda pissed me off, now I take it with pride. Heres why?
If america pisses a commie like you off, then its gotta be doing something right!
MalbarCACA Controllers

Luton, UK

#100794 Feb 23, 2013
levi wrote:
<quoted text> I'll say orion, so?
I'll say the paper bag.
Stick one over your head and we'll tell you, Stupid.
LEVI

United States

#100797 Feb 23, 2013
MalbarCACA Controllers wrote:
<quoted text>
No need. As long as I'm not down to your level I'm just fine. I would call you a idiot, but I would be insulting all us 'stupid' people.
The Free Electron

Frankfurt, Germany

#100799 Feb 23, 2013
levi wrote:
I'll say the paper bag.
MalbarCACA Controllers wrote:
<quoted text>
How 'bout you stick one up your arse, as that way when you shit yourself, you'll be 'pre-wrapped' for automatic disposal!!!

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#100800 Feb 23, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, do you think so?
Do you really think a true southerner would consider Florida part of the south?
Florida is, well, just Florida.
http://drl2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/...

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#100801 Feb 23, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are cruel.
Go north to Georgia, go left and then go south? Sounds like a really scary place. I'll pass.
You do hide your location. Why?
Yes, My mama dun have a house in the north too. I live in her basement in that house too. My mama lives here and I do live in her basement. Knotty pine on the walls. Just beautiful. I feel lucky. No, don't have a job because mama pays for everything. She doesn't want me to work. She says I am too fragile. She's sweet.
There are no harder workers than southerners? If you move in slow motion, how can you get anything done? The Yankee way is the right way. The southern way is backwards/slow.
Talking out of my what? Do you eat with that mouth? My mama would wash your mouth out with bleach for talking like that.
Do you type slow too? a b c d e f g h i j etc.
If you don't work and are just sponging off "Mom", how the hell would your lazy ass know which way is the right way, you pathetic mooch??
The Free Electron

Frankfurt, Germany

#100802 Feb 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't work and are just sponging off "Mom", how the hell would your lazy ass know which way is the right way, you pathetic mooch??
She's never had to work a day in her life.
When one has everything 'delivered' to one, then one of course comes to summarily 'expect.'
V.I. Lenin had a term for those of that mind: Useful idiot.
levi

United States

#100803 Feb 23, 2013
The Free Electron wrote:
levi wrote:
I'll say the paper bag.
<quoted text>
How 'bout you stick one up your arse, as that way when you shit yourself, you'll be 'pre-wrapped' for automatic disposal!!!
I cant, you done beat me to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min American Lady 289,327
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Gotti 31,529
News GOP health bill all but dead; McCain again deal... 4 min Pence of Tides 108
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 min cpeter1313 10,282
News Trump endorses boycott of NFL 5 min viking phaart 90
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Informist 1,603,524
News Politics Roundup: Trump's Call To Fire NFL Play... 13 min Pence of Tides 44
News Congressman to flood victims: 'God is telling y... 1 hr See The Light 27
More from around the web