It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103296 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

MalbaCACCA GuppyFAG

Slovakia

#100602 Feb 21, 2013
The Fixers wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina FFOKK YU you gay punjab bum licker, you are a sad case autististic moron imbecile. stop your facking vulgarities show respect bastardd and fack offf now
Stop your gayness now today
Not tomorrow today
Stop being a pigs anal sex.
The Fixers

San Jose, CA

#100603 Feb 21, 2013
MalbaCACCA GuppyFAG wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop your gayness now today
Not tomorrow today
Stop being a pigs anal sex.
Regina Sewraj FFOKK YU you gay punjab bum licker, you are a sad case autististic moron imbecile. stop your facking vulgarities show respect bastardd and fack offf now
MalbaCACCA GuppyFAG

Slovakia

#100605 Feb 21, 2013
The Fixers wrote:
<quoted text>
Regina FFOKK YU you gay punjab bum licker, you are a sad case autististic moron imbecile. stop your facking vulgarities show respect bastardd and fack offf now
You love gay penis and eating from a punjabi toilet

Regina FFOKK YU you gay punjab bum licker, you are a sad case autististic moron imbecile. stop your facking vulgarities show respect bastardd and fack offf now
MalbarCACA Controllers

Luton, UK

#100606 Feb 21, 2013
MalbaCACCA GuppyFAG wrote:
<quoted text>
You love gay penis and eating from a punjabi toilet
Regina FFOKK YU you gay punjab bum licker, you are a sad case autististic moron imbecile. stop your facking vulgarities show respect bastardd and fack offf now
Can't be Regina Sewraj FFOKK YU you gay punjab bum licker:

BE WARNED THAT Topix may access, preserve and disclose your account information and content if required by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:(i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce these Terms of Service; (iii) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) respond to your requests for customer service; or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Topix, its users and the public.

TOPIX WILL NOT CONDONE, PROMOTE, ENCOURAGE RACISM , BULLYING, HARASSMENT, OFFENSIVE PSOTINGS, DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS IN THIS FORUM.

SO, YOU ARE NOW DULY WARNED.

you are a sad case autististic moron imbecile. stop your facking vulgarities show respect bastardd and fack offf now
MalbaCACCA GuppyFAG

Slovakia

#100607 Feb 21, 2013
MalbarCACA Controllers wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't be Regina Sewraj FFOKK YU you gay punjab bum licker:
BE WARNED THAT Topix may access, preserve and disclose your account information and content if required by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:(i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce these Terms of Service; (iii) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) respond to your requests for customer service; or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Topix, its users and the public.
TOPIX WILL NOT CONDONE, PROMOTE, ENCOURAGE RACISM , BULLYING, HARASSMENT, OFFENSIVE PSOTINGS, DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS IN THIS FORUM.
SO, YOU ARE NOW DULY WARNED.
you are a sad case autististic moron imbecile. stop your facking vulgarities show respect bastardd and fack offf now
you need to read it more you shit eating pig who lives in a sewer in punjab
MalbaCACCA GuppyFAG

Slovakia

#100609 Feb 21, 2013
BE WARNED THAT Topix may access, preserve and disclose your account information and content if required by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:(i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce these Terms of Service; (iii) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) respond to your requests for customer service; or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Topix, its users and the public.
TOPIX WILL NOT CONDONE, PROMOTE, ENCOURAGE RACISM , BULLYING, HARASSMENT, OFFENSIVE PSOTINGS, DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS IN THIS FORUM.
SO, YOU ARE NOW DULY WARNED.
you are a sad case autististic moron imbecile. stop your facking vulgarities show respect bastardd and fack offf now
MalbarCACA Controllers

Luton, UK

#100610 Feb 21, 2013
MalbaCACCA GuppyFAG wrote:
<quoted text>
you need to read it more you shit eating pig who lives in a sewer in punjab
Amretarded Regina Sewraj FFOKK YU go see a shrink, you are mentally deranged and suffering from many life threatening psychoses.

Are you a midget as well?
rahim hassani

Australia

#100611 Feb 21, 2013
am packing my rifle and going to there mall
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#100612 Feb 21, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
There goes your ignorance again fish, our country is no more desolate than some parts of America then we have green valleys snow etc and we are surounded by water on our little island which I shouldn't call so little since the size difference between your country and mine is so minimal it is not worth the effort to mention it. We have 22 million people in our space you have 310million in yours....so now ours is lookin pretty darn good eh! I have taken the trouble to find you some very interesting facts about Aussieland vs Yankeeland to cure some of your ignorance. Bon appetite' fish.
http://www.nationmaster.com/compare/Australia...
Interesting website.

You have everyone crammed into the perimeter of your little island. The middle of your country is a wasteland. Your place sounds very provincial. Nothing happening there because it's all happening here.

You have so few people. Did everyone leave or were there enormous amounts of abortion? Combination? Now that your guys have Viagra, maybe your population will grow. You can thank the Americans for that. You're welcome!

If we can assist you in any way, don't hesitate to ask. We will take it under consideration.

Any other cool websites?
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#100613 Feb 21, 2013
rahim hassani wrote:
am packing my rifle and going to there mall
Happy Hunting.

Just think, today is your last day on earth.

Bye...

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#100616 Feb 21, 2013
A Short Course in Human Relations

The 6 most important words:
"I admit I made a mistake."

The 5 most important words:
"You did a good job."

The 4 most important words:
"What is your opinion?"

The 3 most important words:
"If you please."

The 2 most important words:
"Thank you."

The 1 most important word:
"We"

The least most important word:
"I"

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#100617 Feb 21, 2013
HollybytheSea wrote:
A Short Course in Human Relations
The 6 most important words:
"I admit I made a mistake."
The 5 most important words:
"You did a good job."
The 4 most important words:
"What is your opinion?"
The 3 most important words:
"If you please."
The 2 most important words:
"Thank you."
The 1 most important word:
"We"
The least most important word:
"I"
Six words key for a happy marriage:
"Yes, dear."
"I'm sorry."
"You're right."

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#100618 Feb 21, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Six words key for a happy marriage:
"Yes, dear."
"I'm sorry."
"You're right."
LOL I guess I did all the right things. I learned early on that there was no use in arguing.:)

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#100620 Feb 21, 2013
HollybytheSea wrote:
<quoted text>LOL I guess I did all the right things. I learned early on that there was no use in arguing.:)
It seems to have worked for me for almost 17 years.

“Topix is lowlife scum with no”

Since: Jun 12

respect for anyone...

#100621 Feb 21, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
That's easy there are no new gun buyers just the same oldies with their staid mentality buying more guns. What has changed overwhelmingly is the peoples attitude to guns since Port Arthur and their realisation that we don't need them here if that is going to be the outcome...The majority of people here live in the cities and they are gaining a yuppy coffee loving mentality where guns are the last thought on their minds. There are a few slow learners and with every influx of immigrants comes a new wave of violence, but the gun mentality doesn't exist much anymore except with the bushies and the crims here....and hopefully they are a dying breed or in the case of organised crime underworld and bikie gangs.....they are doing a good job of killing each other off....good job eh!
Fail.
The numbers of new weapons license holders (new gun buyers) has been increasing steadily for a few years now.
The rest of that dribble is not worth bothering with.

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Australia

#100623 Feb 21, 2013
VET wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't give a damn about white people there is not many of them if you are talking about caucasians they are not predigest they kill everybody.
For a dyslexic moment there you had me worried ... I have never felt predigested either.:)

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#100624 Feb 21, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting website.
You have everyone crammed into the perimeter of your little island. The middle of your country is a wasteland. Your place sounds very provincial. Nothing happening there because it's all happening here.
You have so few people. Did everyone leave or were there enormous amounts of abortion? Combination? Now that your guys have Viagra, maybe your population will grow. You can thank the Americans for that. You're welcome!
If we can assist you in any way, don't hesitate to ask. We will take it under consideration.
Any other cool websites?
I think the point here fish is did you learn anything, are you capable of learning anything, and by your response your answer is a resounding NO. You have the mindset of an old person who has become set in their ways, so fail to learn new things which in turn puts them behind the eight ball. So sad because those who stop learning stand still and by your posts you are one of those that have stood still. I wonder would you be any more receptive to learning about other countries, and seeing it has been said that most Americans don't even know geographically where Iraq or Afghanistan is and going by your attitude, I would believe it. Go get your blanky and cup of soup and veg out in front of the tv till age catches up with you and it does seem to be gaining on you quicker than the norm. I think reading a book might be asking too much. Traveling broadens the mind and it would definately make a dent in your case. I can speak on your country because I have been there and met the locals. The country and the people I met I like(non gun owners of course) and made some strong like minded friends and aquainances that I have enjoyed chin wagging with to this day, and shock horror fish some have actually come down and stayed to see our country. Stay in your goldfish bowl fish, you will be safer their as the world at large will just blow your tiny fish mind.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#100625 Feb 21, 2013
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Fail.
The numbers of new weapons license holders (new gun buyers) has been increasing steadily for a few years now.
The rest of that dribble is not worth bothering with.
Well that is a damn shame, maybe this site will educate you on the lies gun clubs and supporters feed to the gun owning idiots to improve their odds of being believed, I don't know why they resort to lies, the gun idiots are just that, no effort required.
http://guncontrol.org.au/
ando

Geelong, Australia

#100626 Feb 21, 2013
if the gun homicide rate was ALREADY FALLING before port arthur, then how many lives has the buyback ACTUALLY saved?
starting statistics from 1996 onwards is WRONG and deceptive.
guncontrol.org is hardly a reliable source in this debate.

still yet to get an answer to my original question.........guncontrol.or g claim 200 lives a year have been saved because of the buyback but the handed in guns have simply been replaced + then some. So we have more guns now but the gun homicides are still falling! ever considered there are other factors at play? or are you just going to leave your blinkers on?
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your statistics are wrong, and you are not taking into account the ammount of lives saved by having stronger gun laws since Port Arthur...http://guncontrol.org .au/
ando

Geelong, Australia

#100627 Feb 21, 2013
you can always tell someone who is defensive and does not understand the issues.....resort to name calling and putting people down - pathetic.
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that is a damn shame, maybe this site will educate you on the lies gun clubs and supporters feed to the gun owning idiots to improve their odds of being believed, I don't know why they resort to lies, the gun idiots are just that, no effort required.
http://guncontrol.org.au/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min nanoanomaly 1,549,200
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min straight talk 7,247
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 7 min Frindly 6,823
News Trump claims witch hunt, says he's most hounded... 8 min bad bob 1,202
News Trey Gowdy: Oversight Committee won't investiga... 9 min Trumpsajoke 6
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min FlabbyTabby 274,764
News Gay pride parades sound a note of resistance _ ... 18 min Percy 3
News POLL: Americans Trust James Comey Over Trump 33 min spud 613
News Melania Trump keeps DC entry low key; Barron dr... 1 hr Chilli J 90
More from around the web