It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments (Page 4,689)

Showing posts 93,761 - 93,780 of103,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Bite Me

Moneague, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Poo.
That is what ADELAIDEAN eats for lunch everyday.
Bite Me

Moneague, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Breakfast too.
spider

Ely, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix's resident "jackhammer" has arrived, duly fired off its first salvo, and now waits in eager anticipation.
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/australia/TI...
My earlier offer to continue off the record is now vindicated and still stands.:)
If you would extend me the courtesy to reply to my post in the present fashion,then I will consider of the record.
We could of course continue as we are, but use leetspeak,,however I feel sure your little freind would enjoy it
Bite Me

Moneague, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, yes. My au pair girl had her tongue stuck in my ear at the time and it was a bit distracting.:)
http://tinyurl.com/ctdmf8w
Do you go out for indian poo or just get some off the street in slum where lots of indians laze around ?

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Hampton Park, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

@ spider1954
MabarCACA Controller wrote:
<quoted text>
Was she wearing "A coral of pedantry" to match your pink TUTU?
spider wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would extend me the courtesy to reply to my post in the present fashion,then I will consider of the record.
We could of course continue as we are, but use leetspeak,,however I feel sure your little freind would enjoy it
Bite Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you go out for indian poo or just get some off the street in slum where lots of indians laze around ?
http://tinyurl.com/b4nzzvq

And there you have it, spider1954. How do you now rate prospects of having a rational discussion except off the record? I foresaw this and made a sensible offer. It still stands. Another poster here can vouch for the merit of that where I am concerned.:)
spider

Ely, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, yes. My au pair girl had her tongue stuck in my ear at the time and it was a bit distracting.:)
http://tinyurl.com/ctdmf8w
It is a common misconception that only females multi task.
My maid once knelt on my corn whilst I was changing a light bulb ;-)
spider

Ely, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
@ spider1954
<quoted text>
<quoted text><quoted text>
http://tinyurl.com/b4nzzvq
And there you have it, spider1954. How do you now rate prospects of having a rational discussion except off the record? I foresaw this and made a sensible offer. It still stands. Another poster here can vouch for the merit of that where I am concerned.:)
Life is full of little irritations,,it surprises me that you should find this particular one such a distraction.
Now,,how about the acknowlegment of my post.

Why don't you talk about that.

Please introduce me to our fellow poster, I would like to know if he or she shares my views.

Since: Jan 12

Where The Wild Things Grow

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
True.
Well to me it doesn't make sense - re Aelaidean's offer to continue the discussion off-forum - it is entirely up to you but I can certainly understand his suggestion - it allows a 'disruption-free' exchange :)
MabarCACA Controller

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
Well to me it doesn't make sense - re Aelaidean's offer to continue the discussion off-forum - it is entirely up to you but I can certainly understand his suggestion - it allows a 'disruption-free' exchange :)
"Aelaideans" who?

Are they registered users?

Since: Feb 11

Ely, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
I take your point. I do however enjoy open debate and the exchange of thoughts between a group,,,regardless the efforts of clowns, the big top allways remains standing.

Hampton Park, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
I take your point. I do however enjoy open debate and the exchange of thoughts between a group,,,regardless the efforts of clowns, the big top allways remains standing.
I'm going to have to get back to you tomorrow. Messaging delays. Hope to clear ASAP.

Ely, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to have to get back to you tomorrow. Messaging delays. Hope to clear ASAP.
Sairla The Ade

Hampton Park, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sairla The Ade
I take it this is off on a new tangent. Can you elaborate?

Ely, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it this is off on a new tangent. Can you elaborate?
If you follow through posts 100023---25---27---29 you will see.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
My experience is that the early bird gets the worm, vigilance is advised due to the possible presence of the early cat.
So, you don't have experience.
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a bigoted remark about your President....If he were a Fuhrer you and the NRA would be in concentration camps by now...no you say, you are living a free life and have access to weapons easily available on every street corner....and you get to speak out about it yet you are still alive.....funny, it just goes to show how clueless paranoid delusionalists you gun supporters are....
I don't doubt he would if he could. How about the Imperial President? Would that suit you better? Here is one example of the president's imperial ways. The NLRB is part of his branch of government.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/federal-e...

His appointments were found to be unconstitutional yet he continues despite a court ruling.

He continues to not enforce laws passed by congress by executive order.

A drone attack on an American citizen and his 15 year old son without trial in absentia.

Hampton Park, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you follow through posts 100023---25---27---29 you will see.
No secrets here. What you see is what you get.

http://www.topix.com/member/profile/theadelai...
http://www.topix.com/member/profile/sairla

In fact, I see no basis for what I gather you are insinuating.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you don't have experience.
Guppy I would steer away from this. He sounds too eager to get you hooked. Sounds like a scam to me.
MabarCACA Controller

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

HollybytheSea wrote:
<quoted text>Guppy I would steer away from this. He sounds too eager to get you hooked. Sounds like a scam to me.
Worked out who Ade is yet, Sounds like a scam to me.
GoGoBar

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Who knows, not me.
I never lost control.
Come face to face
With the man who sold his world.

Just laugh and shake his hand.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 93,761 - 93,780 of103,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••