It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments (Page 4,670)

Showing posts 93,381 - 93,400 of103,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
GoGoBar

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than being shut down, what level of penalties does a gun dealer face by not following the federal laws ?
When you say there is a very violent industry in New Orleans, what do you mean by industry ?
Today a state can impose a death sentence or life in prison on someone who commits murder with a firearm. But the “What, me worry?” gun dealer, who supplies multiple murderers with guns he claims were “stolen” from his inventory, guns he never recorded on his books, or guns he sold to straw buyers with a wink and a nod, can operate with virtual impunity, thanks to laws written by the NRA.

One of these, passed in 1986, drastically reduced penalties for dealers who violate record-keeping laws, making violations misdemeanors rather than felonies. Another established an absurdly high standard of proof to convict dealers who sell to criminals. In 2003, Congress, at the NRA’s urging, barred the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, the much-maligned agency responsible for enforcing federal gun laws, from forcing dealers to conduct inventory inspections that would detect lost and stolen guns. Car dealers like to know when inventory goes missing. Gun dealers? Not so curious.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Teaman wished to see me. That would require a very unusual telescope.
What did you enjoy about the poem ? more importantly, why did you think it would be over your head ?
Over my head - I've read it before - I did understand it, but because you recommended it, I thought it would be a little too intellectual for me.
What did I enjoy about the poem? It was easy to understand and it had a message. It was very well done - talented guy.
Wait...was he the guy who lost his son in the war? Or was that someone else?
Thanks for recommending it.

Anymore?

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

The Fixers wrote:
<quoted text>
So far we have given you a free ride, Ahomanmama nignog, any further loving, condoning, approving of ti IndoMauritian pilon IMPOSTOR (ID #4 Adelaide, Australia THE GOOSE of The ADELAIDEANs) FILTHY DISGUSTING IndoMauritian MalBarCACA IMPOSTOR The ADELAIDEAN POOFTER TRANNY #201 coward, yellow belly, piss weak wimp, Liar, makeup artiste supreme, falsifier, fraud, lowlife poltroon, gutless lily-livered pansy weakling PAKIPUKE MUG HERE AGAIN will have dire consequences.
Cross the MalbarCACA line at your own peril.
Free ride....I must have had my eyes closed!....all you have is just anoying repetitive, foul mouthed rhetoric....I personally can handle them standing on my head....but I would like to see everyone of your low IQ posts shoved up your arse side ways, so feel free you annoying shite.....you will get your come-uppence! Oh you want to know how I know you have the IQ of a gnat......this is a forum where people discuss and debate....you missed that didn't you, you retard....

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR NO LADY.
Sounds more like a lady boy wannabee doesn't he!

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Frog wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep all these gun nuts think that just having a gun is going to save there butts is very sadly mistaken !!!
Yes, I agree and while they are dilly dallying they are costing lives.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do of course realise, that the time an infant spends with it's mother can be influential in it's latter character.
Yes I do know that, I also know that is negated if the child is brought up with an abusive father who deprives the child of that affection and protection from it's mother either through direct cruelty or by forcing the mother to accompany him in his travels abandoning the child or children to carers..if the male is also a mysogynist this escalates and adds to the problems for males.
Ahomana

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

My goodness my dead clam is smelly today, I want someone to have a look up there and make sure my cat hasnt died in there, I havent seen moggy in days, but after the postman went missing nobody will come near my disgusting meat curtains
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
It works like this. The gun purchaser is interviewed after the gun is traced back to him.
He says " I have nothing to say and request a lawyer"
The police cannot prosecute without evidence unless he is caught in the act.Then they cant prove that he was acting illegally because private gun sales are not subject to background checks.
"You have the right to remain silent"
I don't know what Louisiana law is, but you are required to report a lost or stolen gun within 36 hrs. of discovery here. You might get away with that once unless the person who was caught with the gun gives you up to lessen his punishment. I'm not sure what the penalty is, but there is a mandatory jail sentence, second offense, just for not having car insurance here. I believe it's a 500 to 1000 dollar fine, I'm not sure.

There is also civil a civil liability for any damages caused by an unreported gun.
Dirty Dingus McGee

Providence, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do of course realise, that the time an infant spends with it's mother can be influential in it's latter character.
You do, of course realize, that the stupid SKUNK HOLE (Gillard) posting from 'OZ-tralia', has no concept of 'character?'
GoGoBar

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what Louisiana law is, but you are required to report a lost or stolen gun within 36 hrs. of discovery here. You might get away with that once unless the person who was caught with the gun gives you up to lessen his punishment. I'm not sure what the penalty is, but there is a mandatory jail sentence, second offense, just for not having car insurance here. I believe it's a 500 to 1000 dollar fine, I'm not sure.
There is also civil a civil liability for any damages caused by an unreported gun.
You dont seem toknow much at all Tea. You had better talk to some other uninformed part of the citizenry that Ike warned about. Because the civilian arm of the MIC has you bamboozled, hoodwinked and is influencing your Legislative branch with every trick in the book.
Why? To get the money. Just like the Tobacco Institute.
Dirty Dingus McGee

Providence, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, what's the legal result should you happen to be on vacation for 30 days and when you get back home but don't realize that your gun is missing?

Does that same law apply to stolen automobiles, prescription drugs, kitchen knives, baseball bats, full-body condoms, etc.?
MalbarCACA Controller

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Free ride....I must have had my eyes closed!....all you have is just anoying repetitive, foul mouthed rhetoric....I personally can handle them standing on my head....but I would like to see everyone of your low IQ posts shoved up your arse side ways, so feel free you annoying shite.....you will get your come-uppence! Oh you want to know how I know you have the IQ of a gnat......this is a forum where people discuss and debate....you missed that didn't you, you retard....
ROTFLMAOAY!!!
Klink

Aurora, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Aus doe not have the gun crime.

UK does not have the gun crime.

Neither does small town USA and other regions have the gun crime as Sanctuary Cities: Chicago; NYC; Oakland; Compton.

conclusion

Multiculturalism causes violence, not guns.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Dirty Dingus McGee wrote:
<quoted text>
You do, of course realize, that the stupid SKUNK HOLE (Gillard) posting from 'OZ-tralia', has no concept of 'character?'
Not nice. She's doing the best she can.

She looks good in glasses.
youtube

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

**** 2015 "SIGN" ID's WW3 & Final 7 Years

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

youtube

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

**** 2015 "SIGN" ---- ID's WW3 & Final 7 Years

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Brit Expat

Montpellier, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

A Gun a day

Keeps Mortitians

Busy

In the USA.

I have no problem with this! Just keep it in the USA.
STRAIGHT SHOOTER

Oaxaca, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Firearms are a necessary tool of survival. The 2nd Amendment guarantees that. Encroachment of this right is an illegal move and should be treated as such. Spilling the blood of tyrannts is needed now!
STRAIGHT SHOOTER

Oaxaca, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Thats funny. Our ancestors sure sent you cowards back across the Atlantic didnt they? We WON our freedom and then went to war with Germany to help you poor defenseless bastards. Now youre worried about what happens in America? Why you poor little baby. Why not go down and pick a fight with Argentina? Over soe silly little islands? Hahaha Stupid has beens! The USA has its problems but we are still the worlds ONLY superpower and our citizenry will stay armed till death do us part!
Brit Expat wrote:
A Gun a day
Keeps Mortitians
Busy
In the USA.
STRAIGHT SHOOTER

Oaxaca, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Sorta funny a limey would even comment about Americans and guns. It was his overbearing ancestors that embedded our need for firearms to defend our country. Now some silly pimple of a POS is commenting about the USA?. We shoulda kept our firearms to ourselves and that silly sob would be speaking german today! AND Ill never forget the pics of the whimpy Frenchies as the Nazis rolled in. Those panty laced bastards just stood there crying as the Germans raped thier wives and pillaged thier country. Whata bunch of losers. Hahaha! Lots of luck you fool! Rather have a busy mortician that a nice fat king any day! Hahaha
Brit Expat wrote:
A Gun a day
Keeps Mortitians
Busy
In the USA.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 93,381 - 93,400 of103,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••