It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments (Page 4,669)

Showing posts 93,361 - 93,380 of103,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's cute.
Valentine's Day is coming up. You can put the gun in a box of chocolates! The perfect gift. I mean, you should eat the candy and then place the gun where the chocolates were. Sweet.
You should get one too, so you can both go to the firing range. Quality time - spent together.
Hey Teeman - If your wife doesn't own a gun, how do you know she's not banned?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I HATE GUNS!
AND
so
do
YOU.
Since cars kill more than guns... do you hate cars too?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
Grown men are like young boys when it comes to talking about six.
They act like they just found out about it. Ha. Maybe hey did!
You know what they say. The ones who talk about it, are the ones who are not doing it. Lalalala. Tis true.
According to your logic... since you're talking about it, so you're not doing it too.

Wow... I must not be doing it also.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Frog wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep all these gun nuts think that just having a gun is going to save there butts is very sadly mistaken !!!
It's better to have something and never need it than to need it and not have it.

I have 2 guns, one rifle and a sidearm. They sit quietly in a safe location and I only see them when I dust them.
Ken

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Pessimist wrote:
<quoted text>
Australia has much lower violent crime rates (and have been slowly declining for years) than America and our murder rate has dropped since gun control, and we didn’t have to lock up the highest percentage of our population in the world to do it, unlike America.
Yes, the firearm related incidents of violence have drop, but they had to create a new violent crime catagory that Australia had never experience. The new catagory - HOME INVASION. I guess if he bad guys know that there will be no chance of being me by a firearm they can feel confident that a baseball bat or tire iron will be enough to subdue a resident and rob them or do anything else they like.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I don't hate cars. I like cars. They take you places.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
It's better to have something and never need it than to need it and not have it.
I have 2 guns, one rifle and a sidearm. They sit quietly in a safe location and I only see them when I dust them.
Do you have a conversation with them?

Pat them and tell them how good they are?
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

The Fixers wrote:
<quoted text>
So far we have given you a free ride, Ahomanmama nignog, any further loving, condoning, approving of ti IndoMauritian pilon IMPOSTOR (ID #4 Adelaide, Australia THE GOOSE of The ADELAIDEANs) FILTHY DISGUSTING IndoMauritian MalBarCACA IMPOSTOR The ADELAIDEAN POOFTER TRANNY #201 coward, yellow belly, piss weak wimp, Liar, makeup artiste supreme, falsifier, fraud, lowlife poltroon, gutless lily-livered pansy weakling PAKIPUKE MUG HERE AGAIN will have dire consequences.
Cross the MalbarCACA line at your own peril.
That's it? Thought there would be more. She sounds like a saint to me.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR NO LADY.
I'm curious. What is you definition of a 'lady.'
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

<quoted text>
According to your logic... since you're talking about it, so you're not doing it too.
Wow... I must not be doing it also.
O My Gosh, you are so funny....When was I talking about it?
Wow....We know you aren't doing it. It's obvious.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Looks like Joe Biden is running. He and Hillary. Two old geezers. She can easily beat him. Mrs. Obfuscate.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously you can't spot the irony...and justice?....Something is wrong with you gun owning twats when you can use the deaths of 26 people and the words of a President wanting to try and rectify or level the type of weaponry available to get guns off the street.....and you have then nerve to critisise my ironic humour.....you dick!
Yeah.I find it IRONIC the ONLY stories the lib media can find to report on involve CRIMINAL use of firearms. Very rarely the defensive use of one by a potential victim. The ONE story that I can recall being ran was the young mother in Georgia who shot an intruder. Thats the only one in years of media attacks on guns. Justice/fairness would be if the lame stream media would run a few more of them. I'd even settle for a twofer basis as "fair" reporting. But I don't plan on seeing THAT happen. Doesn't fit their lib agenda.

Since: Feb 11

Lynn, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have control issues...step away from that gun....looney.
And having Men survive so they can wreak havoc when the women would have sorted it by now is bloody frustrating....men are useless at diplomacy, it's like they think they don't have to co-exist with others.....get rid of all the dicks and just breed from the ones with an IQ I say...slim pickings but better than nothing.
You do of course realise, that the time an infant spends with it's mother can be influential in it's latter character.

Since: Feb 11

Lynn, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious. What is you definition of a 'lady.'
Read IF by Rudyard kipling, then add a good heap of sugar.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
What a selfserving and moronic argument since it's "life" that kills the most people. Considering that we have as many as 250 million cars on the road every single day (not counting trucks) with an average of fatal accidents of 150 per day is remarkable. The very reason this is possible, besides seat belts and air bags, is strict rules and regulations supported by strict enforcement. Clearly, the very same concept can be applied to safe and responsible private gun ownership. Not to mention that these are “accidents” not deliberate and intentional kills as is the case with guns!
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Read IF by Rudyard kipling, then add a good heap of sugar.
I am in the process of reading a rather long biography of Thomas Jefferson and will not be able to read your book by Kipling. Anyway, I am sure it would be over my head.

If you have time - could you tell me about it?
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am in the process of reading a rather long biography of Thomas Jefferson and will not be able to read your book by Kipling. Anyway, I am sure it would be over my head.
If you have time - could you tell me about it?
It's a poem, Guppy. It shouldn't take you long.:-)
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
See? Over my head.

Very good, I will read it. I should say - I will TRY to read it.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Very, very nice.

If you see Spider, could you tell him I enjoyed it?
GoGoBar

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

New Orleans is officially the murder capital of America, and with a homicide rate around 20 percent higher than the next city on the list (here’s looking at you, Detroit), the problems are snowballing out of control

Last year New Orleans police seized almost 350 illegal, unlicensed firearms in just two months. Although relatively clandestine for the moment, there are apparently licensed gun owners willing to buy and sell firearms for the sole purpose of distributing them on the streets of New Orleans to murderers and gang members with criminal records

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 93,361 - 93,380 of103,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••