It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 20 comments on the Apr 20, 2007, Truthdig story titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

The Quackbusters

Tempe, AZ

#99303 Feb 1, 2013
Levi wrote:
<quoted text> I read somewhere that Islam is not a relegion but a disease. I tend to agree.
We tend to agree that you and levi are two different cute Indian relegions.

What do you read into that?
GoGoBar

Thailand

#99304 Feb 1, 2013
Levi wrote:
<quoted text> I read somewhere that Islam is not a relegion but a disease. I tend to agree.
My experience in Islam countries is that they are boring.
They dissaprove of most consumer orientated pleasure.
Hillary commented that if the women had western style values and rights then their economies would double instantly.
But their god gave them the cheapest quality oil and their freedom fighters just want the people to get a fair share from Tyrants and kings.
Misguided fools.
Levi

United States

#99305 Feb 1, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
My experience in Islam countries is that they are boring.
They dissaprove of most consumer orientated pleasure.
Hillary commented that if the women had western style values and rights then their economies would double instantly.
But their god gave them the cheapest quality oil and their freedom fighters just want the people to get a fair share from Tyrants and kings.
Misguided fools.
I wish america would stop buying their oil. We have enough natural gas , oil, and coal here to last well over 400 years, thats a sciencetific fact; yet the enviromentalist wont allow us to drill. But that wont much longer, sooner or later we will elect politicans that will put the country ahead. Also sciencetific today says that america has developed the techknowledgy to make fossil fuels obsolete and within the next decade or so it will be in use. I hope so. If this happens then the only thing the middle east will have to sell is sand. LOL
Levi

United States

#99306 Feb 1, 2013
Also, maybe america is buying middle eastern oil bc sooner or later even the middle east wont have any, then america can start using its own natural resources. Its like we're buying theres, and saveing ours for future use. LOL Just a theory of mine. lol
GoGoBar

Thailand

#99307 Feb 1, 2013
Do you think Jimmy Lee will fall for that line.
I wonder where He and the boy are going to the toilet? He must have something because he has been known to stay down there for 8 days.

The negotiator should try to ease Dykes' anxieties over what will happen when the standoff ends, and refer to both the boy and Dykes by their first names to humanize them.

"I want to give him a reason to come out," Van Zandt said, "and my reason is,`You didn't mean that to happen. It was unintentional. It could have happened to anyone. It was an accident. People have accidents, Jimmy Lee. It's not that big a thing. You and I can work that out."'

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/01/alabama-...

Dykes was known around the neighborhood as a menacing figure who neighbors said once beat a dog to death with a lead pipe, threatened to shoot children for setting foot on his property and patrolled his yard at night with a flashlight and a firearm.

The chief confirmed that Dykes held anti-government views, as described by multiple neighbors: "He's against the government -- starting with Obama on down."

Poor old guy. His truck radio must have been tuned to some strange talk back shows to brainwash him into survivor mode.
The Quackbusters

Tempe, AZ

#99308 Feb 1, 2013
Levi wrote:
Also, maybe america is buying middle eastern oil bc sooner or later even the middle east wont have any, then america can start using its own natural resources. Its like we're buying theres, and saveing ours for future use. LOL Just a theory of mine. lol
Are you going to comment of the theory of ours, Stupid?
GoGoBar

Thailand

#99309 Feb 1, 2013
Levi wrote:
Well, the Hegemony of oil dollars makes that a little difficult.
In a ponzi scheme it is best to keep the suckers on the hook or you cant make the interest payments.
How to pay them all back is the trick.
Especially when the ponzi scheme's main sucker is it's own people.

Ask old Ron Paul about it. He has some interesting foreign policy ideas too.
Levi

United States

#99310 Feb 1, 2013
I dont see why they dont pump in some kind of odorless tasteless gas that will put them both peacefully asleep, then go and rescue the kid. But I suppose him being a survialist and all that he may even have gas mask down there, but still, if he cant see, smell, taste, the gas then how would he know its there?
GoGoBar

Thailand

#99311 Feb 1, 2013
Levi wrote:
I dont see why they dont pump in some kind of odorless tasteless gas that will put them both peacefully asleep, then go and rescue the kid. But I suppose him being a survialist and all that he may even have gas mask down there, but still, if he cant see, smell, taste, the gas then how would he know its there?
You wouldnt be much of a gunnut if you didnt have a gas mask.
Hell, The Joker had a gas mask and Tear gas in the Batman Massacre.
There were no eye witnesses to identify him because they all were on the floor crying tears.
Cunning these gunnuts are becoming.
The Quackbusters

Tempe, AZ

#99312 Feb 1, 2013
Levi wrote:
"survialist" - Stupid

We can see, smell, taste the HINDUSTINK gases you're giving off.

How do we know its there?
Blair

Cherkassy, Ukraine

#99313 Feb 1, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldnt be much of a gunnut if you didnt have a gas mask.
Hell, The Joker had a gas mask and Tear gas in the Batman Massacre.
There were no eye witnesses to identify him because they all were on the floor crying tears.
Cunning these gunnuts are becoming.
When are you going to do the world a favour and die ?
You are just an oxygen thief.
Why should you stay alive to only talk on this stupid thread all day ?
If your so anti gun why dont you go and really try to do something about it ?
Its such a waste that you, a complete waste of human life lives, while good people die of diseases.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#99314 Feb 1, 2013
Levi wrote:
He remembers the Jews and why the Nazis sent them into the showers naked...just in case there were survivalists with gas masks tucked under their tunics. They are quite easy to make. They say a few had made filters and stuffed them up their large noses, but they were dispatched with machine guns afterwoods.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#99315 Feb 1, 2013
Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
When are you going to do the world a favour and die ?
You are just an oxygen thief.
Why should you stay alive to only talk on this stupid thread all day ?
If your so anti gun why dont you go and really try to do something about it ?
Its such a waste that you, a complete waste of human life lives, while good people die of diseases.
HaHaHaHa. Poor little Pair. Come out of your bunker. That kid needs a shower.
Levi

United States

#99316 Feb 1, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
He remembers the Jews and why the Nazis sent them into the showers naked...just in case there were survivalists with gas masks tucked under their tunics. They are quite easy to make. They say a few had made filters and stuffed them up their large noses, but they were dispatched with machine guns afterwoods.
Gas mask are easy to make, all you need is a little charcoal and cotton.
ron

Bangkok, Thailand

#99317 Feb 1, 2013
ok
GoGoBar

Thailand

#99318 Feb 1, 2013
Levi wrote:
<quoted text>Gas mask are easy to make, all you need is a little charcoal and cotton.
Jimmy Lee has a canary. A creature smaller than him that he can monitor, the kid. He may have a rope around his neck attached to the trigger. He could have seen that on a gunculture moving picture.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#99319 Feb 1, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimmy Lee has a canary. A creature smaller than him that he can monitor, the kid. He may have a rope around his neck attached to the trigger. He could have seen that on a gunculture moving picture.

Maybe he downloaded the video game ,Kindegarten Killers or
School Shooter: North American Tour 2012.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#99320 Feb 1, 2013
Levi wrote:
All religion is a disease.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#99321 Feb 1, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he downloaded the video game ,Kindegarten Killers or
School Shooter: North American Tour 2012.
Nah, if he was a nerd he would he would be younger.
He is an old school Armed Veteran(ex navy) with classic Freudian problems related to his domestic living arrangements namely a Trayler home at the end of a red dirt road. Talk radio is his technology. He is probably old enough to remeber the scaremongering Missile sirens he learned at school and on black and white television. Bunkers are a logical thing for him.
His gun menacing was recorded in Florida some time ago.
He cannot compute his upbringing with the modern world. As a child he was taught that Japs were the enemy, Chinese were the enemy, that America was great, not because it was the last industrialised country standing after WW11, but because it was a superior manufacturer.

He belongs in his childhood bunker.
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

#99322 Feb 1, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
All religion is a disease.
Yea, that love thy neighbor as thyself thing really gets under your skin, doesn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Confessions of a black atheist 6 min Samoan Irish 409
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 min John-K 309,688
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 12 min Blitzking 160,997
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min Earthling-1 52,866
News Obama turns up heat on climate change debate in... 24 min Earthling-1 77
Can a liberal be a Christian? 31 min OccupyThis 60
News Majority Oppose 'Religious Freedom' Laws That C... 1 hr ItaSta 208
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr VorenusI 324,657
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr John Galt 1,220,549
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr IND 179,323
More from around the web