It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103321 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#99320 Feb 1, 2013
Levi wrote:
<quoted text> I read somewhere that Islam is not a relegion but a disease. I tend to agree.
All religion is a disease.
GoGoBar

Chiang Mai, Thailand

#99321 Feb 1, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he downloaded the video game ,Kindegarten Killers or
School Shooter: North American Tour 2012.
Nah, if he was a nerd he would he would be younger.
He is an old school Armed Veteran(ex navy) with classic Freudian problems related to his domestic living arrangements namely a Trayler home at the end of a red dirt road. Talk radio is his technology. He is probably old enough to remeber the scaremongering Missile sirens he learned at school and on black and white television. Bunkers are a logical thing for him.
His gun menacing was recorded in Florida some time ago.
He cannot compute his upbringing with the modern world. As a child he was taught that Japs were the enemy, Chinese were the enemy, that America was great, not because it was the last industrialised country standing after WW11, but because it was a superior manufacturer.

He belongs in his childhood bunker.
Teaman

Abingdon, VA

#99322 Feb 1, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
All religion is a disease.
Yea, that love thy neighbor as thyself thing really gets under your skin, doesn't it?
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#99324 Feb 1, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, that love thy neighbor as thyself thing really gets under your skin, doesn't it?
Do you love your neighbor?

Tell the truth.
LEVI

United States

#99325 Feb 1, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, if he was a nerd he would he would be younger.
He is an old school Armed Veteran(ex navy) with classic Freudian problems related to his domestic living arrangements namely a Trayler home at the end of a red dirt road. Talk radio is his technology. He is probably old enough to remeber the scaremongering Missile sirens he learned at school and on black and white television. Bunkers are a logical thing for him.
His gun menacing was recorded in Florida some time ago.
He cannot compute his upbringing with the modern world. As a child he was taught that Japs were the enemy, Chinese were the enemy, that America was great, not because it was the last industrialised country standing after WW11, but because it was a superior manufacturer.
He belongs in his childhood bunker.
Actually, what the press is calling a bunker is really a storm shelter. They are very common here in the south. I dont know if thailand has tornados or not, but believe me, when one shows up you want to be in a shelter, tornados are actually more powerful then cyclones, they are just on a smaller scale, I myself have a storm shelter.
To say he lives in a trailor on a dirt road, which he may or may not, I dont know, is the reason for his insanity is totally untrue and sterotypeing. You are assumeing that bc he may be poor makes him crazy. Thats not a very intelligent way to think, wouldnt you agree?
The sIndian Busters

Tempe, AZ

#99326 Feb 1, 2013
LEVI wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, what the press is calling a bunker is really a storm shelter. They are very common here in the south. I dont know if thailand has tornados or not, but believe me, when one shows up you want to be in a shelter, tornados are actually more powerful then cyclones, they are just on a smaller scale, I myself have a storm shelter.
To say he lives in a trailor on a dirt road, which he may or may not, I dont know, is the reason for his insanity is totally untrue and sterotypeing. You are assumeing that bc he may be poor makes him crazy. Thats not a very intelligent way to think, wouldnt you agree?
No why would anyone want to agree with a lying, conniving chickyrentgirlboy?

Do you have a storm shelter, where?

"trailor" - Stupid is English your native tongue?
GoGoBar

Chiang Mai, Thailand

#99327 Feb 1, 2013
LEVI wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, what the press is calling a bunker is really a storm shelter. They are very common here in the south. I dont know if thailand has tornados or not, but believe me, when one shows up you want to be in a shelter, tornados are actually more powerful then cyclones, they are just on a smaller scale, I myself have a storm shelter.
Well I can only go on the neighbours saying that he is known to have stayed down in the bunker for 8 days at a time. Practising?

Perhaps he isnt crazy. Just a law abiding citizen who menaces his neighbours with a firearm and murders bus drivers during an abduction on the same day that the law was coming for him and his guns.

Can you get TV reception underground in a cyclone?

If it Quacks like a quack, walks like a quack it is probably a quacke.
GoGoBar

Chiang Mai, Thailand

#99328 Feb 1, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell the truth.
Jimmy Lee loves his neighbours and their children.
LEVI

United States

#99329 Feb 1, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I can only go on the neighbours saying that he is known to have stayed down in the bunker for 8 days at a time. Practising?
Perhaps he isnt crazy. Just a law abiding citizen who menaces his neighbours with a firearm and murders bus drivers during an abduction on the same day that the law was coming for him and his guns.
Can you get TV reception underground in a cyclone?
If it Quacks like a quack, walks like a quack it is probably a quacke.
TV reception? Depends, if on satalite no, the rain interfers with the signal. If on cable, maybe, all depends on if the lines are still working or blown down.
If he were a law abideing citizen he wouldnt be doing this now would he?

I have more guns then a small army, Im a law abideing citizen, Im not out rapeing, stealing, or killing.
Blair

Romania

#99331 Feb 1, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no other statistics Blair. Zero pro gun. I've looked.
It all boils down to this.
14,000 murders
8700 gunnut murders
201 Justifiable Homicide by gun.
Now if it were 3000 Justifiable by gun I could agree that there is some justification.
Who do you think you are ?
Your a complete loser, nobody should or would listen to you. You are not an elected official, or in any position of power, nor do you even live in the USA.
Someone like you is not a fit and proper person to give any opinion when you have no life outside of this thread.
You really should register as a donor and then end it all. You will be helping someone who needs your organs, and ending your own miserable life. If you kill yourself, everyone wins.
Nobody needs another anti-gun campaigner on the internet, retards like you are a dime a dozen.
GoGoBar

Chiang Mai, Thailand

#99333 Feb 1, 2013
Quack, quack, quack. Amazing.

“Topix is lowlife scum with no”

Since: Jun 12

respect for anyone...

#99334 Feb 2, 2013
Straight Shooter

Villahermosa, Mexico

#99336 Feb 2, 2013
Guns Rule!
Teaman

Abingdon, VA

#99337 Feb 2, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell the truth.
Absolutely. And I'm not even religious.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#99338 Feb 2, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimmy Lee loves his neighbours and their children.
But, does T-man love his neighbors in Mt. Holly?
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#99339 Feb 2, 2013
Those guns! They just keep doing their job. They be killing right and left. They kill black and white - young and old. They don't discriminate. They just keep on shooting. Those guns!
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#99340 Feb 2, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. And I'm not even religious.
T-man, do you really live in Mt. Holly?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#99341 Feb 2, 2013
Justshoothebasterd wrote:
<quoted text>Really good, so less then 1% of all firearm death are a result of cc permit holders.
That's becuase there are very few cc permit holders. You increase the number and you'll increase the firearm death rates. It's the same as putting more cars on the road causes more accidents.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

#99342 Feb 2, 2013
Guppy wrote:
Those guns! They just keep doing their job. They be killing right and left. They kill black and white - young and old. They don't discriminate. They just keep on shooting. Those guns!
Guns are why your 1st amendment right is preserved and all you do is tell everyone how much you hate guns.

Yea... remember that the next time you go running your mouth.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#99343 Feb 2, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns are why your 1st amendment right is preserved and all you do is tell everyone how much you hate guns.
Yea... remember that the next time you go running your mouth.
I HATE GUNS!

AND

so

do

YOU.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min USAsince1680 1,395,739
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 1 min Born USA 3,502
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 2 min Denny CranesPlace 6,647
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 3 min George 6,033
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min Sharrp Shooter 388,248
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min ThomasA 311,345
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 5 min who cares 13,113
News Hillary Clinton wavers on Second Amendment righ... 10 min spocko 1,198
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min HILLARY 2016 228,683
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques in Orleans 216,879
More from around the web