It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments (Page 4,626)

Showing posts 92,501 - 92,520 of103,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

tfreddy42 wrote:
<quoted text>
dummy the guns are not the problem it is the person behind the guns that is the problem so your comment is mute again
Well what is the gun doing in front, that position is always reserved for who's in charge..ie the force.
GoGoBar

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Aggrevated Assault with Firearm

146,000 per year.

How much does that cost the taxpayer?
Dr Freud

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing more dangerous than mixing old people and guns!
Nothing wrong with guns I shoot them all the time, everything is wrong with every half-baked nitwit totting a gun and not a clue how to use it. Those that actually know how to accurately and effectively use guns are very few and far between!
What's YOUR definition of 'old people?'
I ask that in the consideration of the relative ages of the most recent shooters involved in mass shootings.
Dr Freud

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Laughable, what would a f-ing idiot like do with a gun -- you couldn't even shoot yourself in the foot!!
When was the last time you 'tested' your theory, and where in the news is one able to verify that account?
You'll be getting back on that, right? So far you have not.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Dr Freud wrote:
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Sairla...where has one criminal shot anyone in a gun free zone pleeeeaaassseeeee???......do you people read???.....criminals aren't interested in gun free zones...
<quoted text>
Are you daft?
Why didn't you address that blatant lie spouted by Australia's biggest misandrist?
If criminals aren't interested in 'gun-free zones,' then PLEASE explain all those shootings in schools, and in the Aurora movie theater which itself was POSTED: No guns allowed.
They weren't criminals....now show me where any of them had a police record prior to that incident because I didn't think you could be classes a criminal till you had a police record....have the rules changed just for the pro gun lobby?

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>that is true there is some half baked nitwits totting guns that have no idea to accurately and effectively use guns and having concealed weapons permit does not make one an expert with a gun either but those half baked nitwits think so.
Many of those "half wits" are veterans of WWII,Korea and Viet Nam. Lately there are added Vets to our ranks. Would you deny those people the means of self protedction wehen it is COMMON knowledge that our police do well to protect themselves? I find it funny/ironic as he11 that the anti-gun folks who are SOOOOO insistant about denying people firearms would send OTHER people with guns to enforce THEIR will on gun owners. Seems like a nobalz bunch to me....... Typical.
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing wrong with guns I shoot them all the time, everything is wrong with every half-baked nitwit totting a gun and not a clue how to use it. Those that actually know how to accurately and effectively use guns are very few and far between!
Don't mess with the older folks with a gun. Especially wheelchair bound people.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/25/ro...

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Addendum: In Aurora, Colorado, there were several other movie theaters very much closer to where Holmes was living, but NONE of them had posted 'No GUNs' signs. In other words, concealed carry is allowed in them.
The ONLY theater in the area with that sign, was the one that was used for the shooting.
And your evidence that this is what he did is where exactly except in your own pro gun looney mind, what about the day before the incident there might have been a place closer to where he was that had thousand of people and a gun free zone but he didn't shoot them that day because he opted for a burger and icecream instead or the day before when he had driven to Massachusetts but he forgot his guns or when the space ship landed and they were unarmed he killed about ten aliens but they got in their spacecraft and flew off believing earth was unhospitable so they left no evidence...any more theories space cadet.....No?

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

jase wrote:
Guns don't walk guns don't talk and guns don't kill without humans guns wouldn't even exist so blame the human not the gun.
Already a ban coming for not all humans just the male of the species....what d'ya think?
Researcher

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent comment. Experts agree with you.

From a police academy trainer, 3rd generation cop, now working for a law-enforcement triaining company that has trained tens of thousands of police officers nationwide:

"Cops aren't trained well enough, so what do you think they're going to do with teachers? It's not enough to just carry a gun."

TIME, Jan. 28, 2013, pp. 40-41
Researcher

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
The estimated number of people wounded seriously enough by gunshots to require a hospital stay, rather than treatment and release, rose 47% to 30,759 in 2011 from 20,844 in 2001, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Electronic Injury Surveillance System-All Injury Program.

The CDC estimates showed the number of people injured in serious stabbings rose to 23,550 from 22,047 over the same period
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...
Good information - thank you.

Since: Jan 12

Where The Wild Things Grow

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that boy could have killed that many people or would have bothered, if he hadn't had access to guns?...Therefore wouldn't the most logical course of action be to remove that threat so the teachers and kids can live in a gun free enviroment without detectors guards or guns, wouldn't you want them to have what all Aussie kids take for granted, and they (yankee kids and teachers) should have a right to expect to have a greater quality and longer lifespan?
Of course it would be better if those like him did not have access to guns - but I am talking about the reality of the present situation - guns are widespread in the US - the American people are not going to relinquish their second amendment rights - those who are determined to obtain guns will obtain them in that climate - so - provide armed guards at the schools.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

GoGoBar wrote:
Aggrevated Assault with Firearm
146,000 per year.
How much does that cost the taxpayer?
Must be about a break even deal with the 2,000,000+ crimes STOPPED with a firearm by private gun owners. I can live with that. Of course I'm sure you could live with the criminals having all the advantages. No surprises here.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Passed by a gun store today. There were no lines to get in.

Redneck territory.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Full moon tonight.

Guess the gun fanatics will be itching to shoot someone.
Researcher

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it would be better if those like him did not have access to guns - but I am talking about the reality of the present situation - guns are widespread in the US - the American people are not going to relinquish their second amendment rights - those who are determined to obtain guns will obtain them in that climate - so - provide armed guards at the schools.
From a police academy trainer, 3rd generation cop, now working for a law-enforcement triaining company that has trained tens of thousands of police officers nationwide:

"Cops aren't trained well enough, so what do you think they're going to do with teachers? It's not enough to just carry a gun."

TIME, Jan. 28, 2013, pp. 40-41
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Sometimes it's good to read a comment more than once.

Trying very hard to find something interesting.

It's not working.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Don't worry about Feinstein. She's fine.
Guppy

Rotonda West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Passed by a school today. The sign out front said something about new security measures go into effect today.

Damn Guns. They spoil everything.
Frank

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't mess with the older folks with a gun. Especially wheelchair bound people.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/25/ro...
Dr. Strangelove?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 92,501 - 92,520 of103,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••