It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103299 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

“shirley you cant be serious ”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#98672 Jan 26, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
So why did you leave this part out of Section 1..?..;
"...without first obtaining a permit in writing."
So it seems you could still get a permit to carry.
You lose.
source ?
The Dominator

Luton, UK

#98673 Jan 26, 2013
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>
Quick! Hands up! Who wants to be the lowest common dominator?
Be quiet sewer rat.

“shirley you cant be serious ”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#98674 Jan 26, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
So why did you leave this part out of Section 1..?..;
So it seems you could still get a permit to carry.
You lose.
and you say

like they were given out like confetti -

ha ha ha
Tray

Shannon, MS

#98675 Jan 26, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You just keep telling yourself that but the truth of the matter remains that if the guns didn't exist there wouldn't be so many people lying dead with bullet holes in them, would there?.....now you can say it is the person behind the gun but it is impossible for those dead people riddled with bullet holes, if the shooters didn't have a gun...am I right....yes of course I bloody am.....as always....silly sausage.
Well history shows people killed each other just fine without guns and at higher rates than after the gun was invented. The gun provided an equal chance for victims that previous weapons didn't. Guns provided police with a better ability to capture criminals. Prior to guns not many people wanted a law enforcement job it was too dangerous. However before guns tyrants were not in short supply. Kings or emperors ruled most countries and were basically uninfringed in their powers to oppress the citizens. WOW I love seeing how much a loser you continue to prove yourself to be.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#98676 Jan 26, 2013
tinydropthestickgooddog wrote:
<quoted text>
source ?
Highlight the first part of your quote...

Stick it in a search engine..yahoo...google..(I did google)

Make sure it's in quotes..."quotes"...

Then hit search...

Take a look...I picked the one that seemed most likely to have the correct information...NOT a blog...

Those search engines really are pretty neat once you learn how to use them...maybe you'll learn that some day.

If you're still confused, let me know.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#98677 Jan 26, 2013
<quoted text>
source ?
So why did you leave it out...?
Tray

Shannon, MS

#98678 Jan 26, 2013
<quoted text>
and you say
ha ha ha
And the criminals followed that ordinance just like today? Haa Haa Haa. You continue to be a total failure. Seems like liberals just keep trying to make a losing law work no matter how well proven it does not work and in most cases makes the problem worse. I've seen bricks with a higher IQ than most liberals.
Tray

Shannon, MS

#98679 Jan 26, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
So why did you leave it out...?
Drum roll please.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#98680 Jan 26, 2013
<quoted text>
and you say
ha ha ha
Like you would know anyway...you left it out to begin with.
Poor poopies

Beijing, China

#98681 Jan 26, 2013
sometimes I stick a revolver between my buttcheeks and pull the trigger with my wang and I can hit a deer at 200 yards
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#98682 Jan 26, 2013
Uneventful
GoGoBar

Thailand

#98683 Jan 26, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> From a life long hunter. I and most hunters were raised around guns, lived most of our lives around guns, have owned more guns than the local police department feel we are well qualified to continue to own and keep guns and many are teachers. We are good shots because deer hunting requires the ability to kill with one shot not spraying bullets. Let a cop hit a 30 mph target running through the woods and make a heart lung shot on one try at 100 or better yards and do this regularly. Hit a rabbit size animal running 25 mph zig zagging in tall grass at 40 yards 5 times before lunch. Do all these things all their life. But you are right, cops are not trained good enough so I believe I will keep trusting myself and gun for my own protection.
Your brain just isnt up to the facts.
What really is happening is BOZOS with no experience are being supplied with Rapid Fire Weapons, Telescopic sights, Laser Targetting and large magazines of excellent reliability.
Some ordere tear gas and specialty bullets on the internet.

They employ the same tactics as the great white hunter.
Target unsuspecting victims, but shoot more bullets than a hunter would in a month, killing as many as they can. Skill is irrelevant.

Your ability to defend your family is slightly hampered because hunters have to go to work or hunting.
Come the "Wet arse time" your families only chance is mobile phones, police helicopters and advanced medical trauma treatment.

Wake up idiot. It is happening.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#98684 Jan 26, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> And the criminals followed that ordinance just like today? Haa Haa Haa. You continue to be a total failure. Seems like liberals just keep trying to make a losing law work no matter how well proven it does not work and in most cases makes the problem worse. I've seen bricks with a higher IQ than most liberals.
Braindead Mafrauder.
Every firearm leaves the factory legally.
Whay bhappens after that is why you children are beuing slaughtered.
You are just a consumer.
Like a ciggarrette smoker in ther old days.
In Denial.
Freedom and Liberty

Puebla, Mexico

#98685 Jan 26, 2013
My forefathers came to America and made it what it is. We dont need any smartass comments from some gook in a third world shithole about our Constitutional Rights. The USA may not be perfect but it beats the hell out of the hundreds of alternatives. We will not turn over our firearms to any half breed libtard and his stooges. When they pry my cold dead hand rules apply!
Researcher

Waco, TX

#98686 Jan 26, 2013
Freedom and Liberty wrote:
My forefathers came to America and made it what it is. We dont need any smartass comments from some gook in a third world shithole about our Constitutional Rights. The USA may not be perfect but it beats the hell out of the hundreds of alternatives. We will not turn over our firearms to any half breed libtard and his stooges. When they pry my cold dead hand rules apply!
There you have it, ladies and gentlemen.

The NRA has succeeded in convincing scuzzy,ignorant pencildicks that they will turn ito macho-men if only they will buy enough guns.

Of course, people who successfully persuade others to buy products that don't do what they are advertised are called CON ARTISTS.

By the way, there are, right now, 3 handguns and a rifle in my house. I'm from Texas. Everybody I know owns guns, and I think that is fine.

But no civilian, anywhere, needs to own assault rifles or magazines that hold more than 10 shells.

And I'm a life-long conservative.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#98688 Jan 26, 2013
Researcher wrote:
<quoted text>
There you have it, ladies and gentlemen.
The NRA has succeeded in convincing scuzzy,ignorant pencildicks that they will turn ito macho-men if only they will buy enough guns.
Of course, people who successfully persuade others to buy products that don't do what they are advertised are called CON ARTISTS.
By the way, there are, right now, 3 handguns and a rifle in my house. I'm from Texas. Everybody I know owns guns, and I think that is fine.
But no civilian, anywhere, needs to own assault rifles or magazines that hold more than 10 shells.
And I'm a life-long conservative.
"Of course, people who successfully persuade others to buy products that don't do what they are advertised are called CON ARTISTS."

What products would those be...?

"By the way, there are, right now, 3 handguns and a rifle in my house. I'm from Texas. Everybody I know owns guns, and I think that is fine."

Where your guns designed to do one thing.."kill"..or did you get some special ones...?

"But no civilian, anywhere, needs to own assault rifles or magazines that hold more than 10 shells."

Your opinion, not based on fact.

"And I'm a life-long conservative."

Who's showing his ignorance by buying into Obama's tactics from "The Art of War" to "divide and conquer". I guess you don't see that an attack against one type of gun owner is an attack against ALL gun owners. If YOU think "your guns are safe" according to Obama...you're mistaken.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#98689 Jan 26, 2013
I loved Charleton Heston;s last performance.
When asked about Guns by an interviewer he scurried away like a rat complaining that his agent hadnt cut a deal.

Like an actor out on loan or a dog without a bone.

Rider's on the storm, yeaahhh.
tfreddy42

Dalton, GA

#98690 Jan 26, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>You just keep telling yourself that but the truth of the matter remains that if the guns didn't exist there wouldn't be so many people lying dead with bullet holes in them, would there?.....now you can say it is the person behind the gun but it is impossible for those dead people riddled with bullet holes, if the shooters didn't have a gun...am I right....yes of course I bloody am.....as always....silly sausage.
dump ass they will always find a way to kill someone no matter what if guns did not exist then there are other ways to kill someone so your comments about the guns being the problem is mute so shut the hell up about guns being the problem

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

#98691 Jan 26, 2013
Another wrote:
<quoted text>
racist post. Goes with the gun territory
Strangely correct.

Almost every gun control law in this country was aimed at keeping blacks disarmed.
Guppy

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#98692 Jan 26, 2013
Charlton Heston was a deranged man.

Kind of like the men on here, I am sorry to say.

Sigh.

Pains me to say it, but that's the truth.

Sigh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min Dr Guru 237,711
News Protecting Trump Tower cost NY City $24 million... 30 min Paul 40
News Trump supporters cheer his combative stance wit... 32 min jonjedi 421
News Hundreds Of Scientists Urge Trump To Pull Out O... 35 min PoliciaFederal 9
News Global backlash grows against Trump's immigrati... 37 min Quirky 2,405
News DNC race tight as Democrats seek gains against ... 44 min jonjedi 49
News Santa Cruz accuses ICE agents of 'betrayal' 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 3
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr taletha 412,877
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Cheech the Conser... 1,497,479
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 4 hr chazmo 36,394
News Investigations into Russia to continue after Fl... 4 hr Deport Sassy 285
More from around the web