It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,359

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#98619 Jan 25, 2013
Sometimes it's good to read a comment more than once.

Trying very hard to find something interesting.

It's not working.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#98620 Jan 25, 2013
Don't worry about Feinstein. She's fine.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#98621 Jan 25, 2013
Passed by a school today. The sign out front said something about new security measures go into effect today.

Damn Guns. They spoil everything.
Frank

Oakland, CA

#98622 Jan 25, 2013
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't mess with the older folks with a gun. Especially wheelchair bound people.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/25/ro...
Dr. Strangelove?

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#98623 Jan 25, 2013
tfreddy42 wrote:
<quoted text>
dummy the guns are not the problem it is the person behind the guns that is the problem so your comment is mute again
Neither of them are the problem. The problem is the man who invented the first the gun or the person who discovered iron or the person who discovered gun powder or the teaching of science is the problem or men are the problem...get my point?...Guns ARE the problem, and they are the problem because without them we wouldn't have any person shot.... Now in order to stop the shootings you have to get rid of guns or men, which one of those seems more likely, eh Einstein?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#98624 Jan 25, 2013
Everyone seems to get very excited when they read about stabbings etc.

They are happy that a gun wasn't used.

Makes them feel better. Something to brag about.

Sigh.

Perth, Australia

#98625 Jan 25, 2013
look wrote:
<quoted text>You'd need a gun if the other man had one and was willing to use it, I don't give a damn how bad you think you are...If I was the one with a gun and a man threatened me in any way, if he was to big for me to whip his ass then I'd shoot him in self defense. An un-armed man is an idiot if he tried out a man with a gun, eonough said. So try and take somebody on with their weapon of choice, and you'll end up in the FUCKIN' ER, or 6ft. under, either way your a FUCKIN' IDIOT...Haven't you heard, "don't bring a knife to a gun fight", what would you do if a man had a 45. or a shotgun??? What COULD you do with your bare hands if the man had a gun??? Your talking SHIT you can't back-up, your a moron, and you'll end up dead if you really are that STUPID, I don't give a damn how bad you THINK you are, it's easy to talk shit over the PC, but just try out somebody with a gun...
So cowards have guns....cowards and sadists...Who knew?

Since: Jan 12

Where The Wild Things Grow

#98626 Jan 25, 2013
Researcher wrote:
<quoted text>
From a police academy trainer, 3rd generation cop, now working for a law-enforcement triaining company that has trained tens of thousands of police officers nationwide:
"Cops aren't trained well enough, so what do you think they're going to do with teachers? It's not enough to just carry a gun."
TIME, Jan. 28, 2013, pp. 40-41
I don't mean teachers - teachers are not trained for that, I refer to professionally trained guards - those with the training, skills and confidence required in an emergency situation.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#98627 Jan 25, 2013
Old people and guns.

That cracked me up.

Can you imagine?

Not really........
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#98628 Jan 25, 2013
What's going on with Hillary? Now it's double vision. What next?

She's too old to work and needs to retire to the Hamptons with Bill.

Two old geezers.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#98629 Jan 25, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither of them are the problem. The problem is the man who invented the first the gun or the person who discovered iron or the person who discovered gun powder or the teaching of science is the problem or men are the problem...get my point?...Guns ARE the problem, and they are the problem because without them we wouldn't have any person shot.... Now in order to stop the shootings you have to get rid of guns or men, which one of those seems more likely, eh Einstein?
Your point is that we should return to the Stone Age and then we can use rocks and stones to kill our food and each other. Do I read you right?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#98630 Jan 25, 2013
Thank god for CSX.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#98631 Jan 25, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You can go away now. You've proven you're not that bright...... Hint: YOU'RE not that smart. Move along,this is beyond you...... Maybe you should go discuss Gay marriage..... Your boyfriend is waiting. Just say I do.....
no welfare for the fat

Villahermosa, Mexico

#98632 Jan 25, 2013
Dont come here and argue with these idiots.
If you would only stop coming here people like Ahomona would have nobody to argue with and she would go away and eat more pies until she exploded.

All you are doing is providing a fat welfare addicted subhuman with somebody to talk to.

She has nobody that would listen to her in real life, no husband, nobodly likes her so she comes here for some interaction, so stop coming here and you can lance the big boil on topix's butt that is ahomona.

Perth, Australia

#98633 Jan 25, 2013
HollybytheSea wrote:
<quoted text>Your point is that we should return to the Stone Age and then we can use rocks and stones to kill our food and each other. Do I read you right?
Yeah, when was the last time most of you went out foraging in the for food anywhere but the local supermart?
And Killing is wrong..so I wouldn't advocate you do that with or without a gun.

Perth, Australia

#98634 Jan 25, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>You can go away now. You've proven you're not that bright...... Hint: YOU'RE not that smart. Move along,this is beyond you...... Maybe you should go discuss Gay marriage..... Your boyfriend is waiting. Just say I do.....
It is hard to answer back when a person uses the same logic as you have done isn't it?
Dr Freud

UK

#98635 Jan 25, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
It is hard to answer back when a person uses the same logic as you have done isn't it?
Echo chamber much?
Dr Freud

UK

#98636 Jan 25, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, when was the last time most of you went out foraging in the for food anywhere but the local supermart?
And Killing is wrong..so I wouldn't advocate you do that with or without a gun.
But MURDERING a plant is entirely acceptable, right?
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#98637 Jan 25, 2013
My comment disappeared.

Yawn..........
Frank

Oakland, CA

#98638 Jan 25, 2013
Guppy wrote:
Old people and guns.
That cracked me up.
Can you imagine?
Not really........
How about naked old people with guns :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama staying out of the GOP crossfire in shutd... 4 min barefoot2626 22
Net neutrality: FCC approval considered victory... 7 min Your Ex 25
Jeb Bush Takes 2016 Show Into Unfriendly Territ... 7 min sandy1 3
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min republiCONS 171,671
D.C. mayor greenlights legal pot despite prison... 10 min barefoot2626 19
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 15 min freebird 312,352
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min VOTE OUT REST DEM... 1,189,902
Giuliani explains why Obama doesn't love America 23 min spocko 442
President Obama: 'I Loved Spock' 42 min angel 13
2 loose llamas lassoed after running amok near ... 2 hr david 6
Obama calls out GOP on immigration policy 3 hr Mothra 116
More from around the web