It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments
92,401 - 92,420 of 103,225 Comments Last updated Jun 22, 2014
Vizhnu

India

#98521 Jan 25, 2013
Would it be acceptable to poo on the street in the old west ?
I love to just drop my breeches and let fly, especially if I have been eating vidaloo curry.
I could spray paint some of the old west style buildings a lovely rustic brown.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#98522 Jan 25, 2013
levi wrote:
<quoted text> I dont see anything funny, isnt india a free country? What country are you in, be honest, we're both adults here. I know what you're proxy says, but that can be misleading. China maybe?
India Murder rate 3.4
USA Murder Rate....4.8/100K

My location is where it says it is. Is everything a conspiracy with you?
Vizhnu

India

#98523 Jan 25, 2013
Thats because we shit on the street.
People in the USA get constipated because they are always trying to find a toilet.
Constipate people are 4times as likely to commit homicide.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#98524 Jan 25, 2013
Vizhnu wrote:
Would it be acceptable to poo on the street in the old west ?
I love to just drop my breeches and let fly, especially if I have been eating vidaloo curry.
I could spray paint some of the old west style buildings a lovely rustic brown.
The old west is long gone.
However today you would not have a problem in the Santa Clara Valley.
It has a unique infrastructure.
Others have paved the way for you, so to speak.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#98525 Jan 25, 2013
Vizhnu wrote:
Thats because we shit on the street.
People in the USA get constipated because they are always trying to find a toilet.
Constipate people are 4times as likely to commit homicide.
Well I guess you're not full of shite are you...?

Since: Jan 12

Where The Wild Things Grow

#98526 Jan 25, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Sairla...where has one criminal shot anyone in a gun free zone pleeeeaaassseeeee???......do you people read???.....criminals aren't interested in gun free zones...crims want you out of the way if their intent is robbery.....All or most of the shooting incidents in a gun free zone HAVE been committed by a law abiding citizen WITH A GUN, not a criminal with a police record.....
Ok, understood - they do however have criminal intent and become criminals when they act on that intent - frankly, unless or until something could be done to prevent this, I would be in favour of armed guards at schools. Those poor children and their teachers didn't stand a chance.
levi

United States

#98527 Jan 25, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
India Murder rate 3.4
USA Murder Rate....4.8/100K
My location is where it says it is. Is everything a conspiracy with you?
thailand gun violence + homicides per 100,000 population =41.4695, usa =9.5, makeing thailands violence and homicide rate per 100,000 population is 4 times that of the usa. Seems to me that you need to be on that soapbox of yours to your own nation.

Since: Jan 12

Where The Wild Things Grow

#98528 Jan 25, 2013
levi wrote:
Good post, and I will do just that. Going to forward this to my state rep right now. Thanks. Also, I think some docs are all to precription happy. Maybe the docs who precribed these meds should be checked into. I was shocked to see the meds were so overly precribed. I mean giveing a kid meds six times the strength of an adult is wrong.
Yes, it is shocking - this over-prescription of mind altering drugs is totally wrong.
Vizhnu

India

#98529 Jan 25, 2013
Everyone is full of shit, its just some people have more rules about where the shit is allowed to be expelled.

In India we have more liberal laws on poo thats why we will control the earth.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#98530 Jan 25, 2013
levi wrote:
<quoted text>thailand gun violence + homicides per 100,000 population =41.4695, usa =9.5, makeing thailands violence and homicide rate per 100,000 population is 4 times that of the usa. Seems to me that you need to be on that soapbox of yours to your own nation.
Quite right. The guns here are the reason for the high murder rate.
There are more drugs here than the USA.
It is a disgrace.

Thai Murder rate 4.8/100k
USA Murder rate 4.8/100K
Vizhnu

India

#98531 Jan 25, 2013
India poo rate 99.5/100k
USA poo rate 23.1/100k
If it wasnt for the south the poo rate would be a lot lower in the usa.
levi

United States

#98532 Jan 25, 2013
Vizhnu wrote:
Everyone is full of shit, its just some people have more rules about where the shit is allowed to be expelled.
In India we have more liberal laws on poo thats why we will control the earth.
That is also why it is a proven fact that india is the filithest and most disease ridden country on the face of the earth, ever thought there might be a connection there?
levi

United States

#98533 Jan 25, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite right. The guns here are the reason for the high murder rate.
There are more drugs here than the USA.
It is a disgrace.
Thai Murder rate 4.8/100k
USA Murder rate 4.8/100K
So why are you downing america on here when your own nation, of a much lesser population, ties the usa on murder rates. Isnt that kind of hyprocritical?

“shirley you cant be serious ”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#98534 Jan 25, 2013
Vizhnu wrote:
India poo rate 99.5/100k
USA poo rate 23.1/100k
If it wasnt for the south the poo rate would be a lot lower in the usa.
seriously scatalogically amusing ...
Vizhnu

India

#98535 Jan 25, 2013
We have a much larger population and birthrate than the USA.
And we are in better health, you are the nation of fat. If you would stop being ruled by your bowels you could live longer and be less fat.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#98536 Jan 25, 2013
levi wrote:
<quoted text> So why are you downing america on here when your own nation, of a much lesser population, ties the usa on murder rates. Isnt that kind of hyprocritical?
It would be if your premise was personally and statistically correct.

With a long standing chronic constipation, doing away with shit free zones can only lead to more shit everywhere.
"It is not the toilet that stinks, it's the shit...."
levi

United States

#98537 Jan 25, 2013
Vizhnu wrote:
We have a much larger population and birthrate than the USA.
And we are in better health, you are the nation of fat. If you would stop being ruled by your bowels you could live longer and be less fat.
Can we help it if our stomachs are full, can we help it if our land is fit for farming, can we help it if our nation of 300 million is fed by only 3% of its population, while your nation has to eat shit? Do try and insult me, or my nation, bc yours is too dumb to feed its own people. BTW, Im not fat, Im six foot five, two hundred and twenty pounds, with a body mass index of 4%, so dont believe everything you see on your tv, not all americans are fat. I would hate to think one judges a country by what they see on tv, but I guess thats all you got to go by.
Vizhnu

India

#98538 Jan 25, 2013
Free range poo is the answer to alot of problems.
It will create a happier society like India.
We have less crime.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#98539 Jan 25, 2013
levi wrote:
<quoted text> Can we help it if our stomachs are full, can we help it if our land is fit for farming, can we help it if our nation of 300 million is fed by only 3% of its population, while your nation has to eat shit? Do try and insult me, or my nation, bc yours is too dumb to feed its own people. BTW, Im not fat, Im six foot five, two hundred and twenty pounds, with a body mass index of 4%, so dont believe everything you see on your tv, not all americans are fat. I would hate to think one judges a country by what they see on tv, but I guess thats all you got to go by.
You could go to Bollywood. You are an Indian arent you?
levi

United States

#98540 Jan 25, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be if your premise was personally and statistically correct.
With a long standing chronic constipation, doing away with shit free zones can only lead to more shit everywhere.
"It is not the toilet that stinks, it's the shit...."
So as the bible says,' how can you attempt to pull a splinter from your brothers eye, when you yourself have a log in thy own eye?' Im done here, its almost 5 a.m., time for bed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Subduction Zone 115,128
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min -Dont Panic- 255,913
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Straw Grasping Te... 151,114
Thousands of Abu Ghraib photos set for release 14 min Asian Guy 17
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 15 min So clueless 10,261
Support for U.S. overseas involvement jumps, po... 20 min Asian Guy 2
Historian: First Black President Not So Impressive 22 min Phoenix Ascended 3
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 28 min Now at 1,566
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 49 min Del 1,321
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••