It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments (Page 4,478)

Showing posts 89,541 - 89,560 of103,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
jaes

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

My kids have arms and are taught defence and there are weapons everywhere. Stick and stones will break your bones.
GoGoBar

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Australia is full of turd wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Australia seems to have devoloped this holier than thou attitude. You only have to watch the news to see all the shootings that happen here with illegal guns every night, but the forget about that when they point their self righteous fingers at the USA
Yes, Australia needs to reign in those guns.
After all, 30 deaths by firearms in a year is too many. 13% of the 260 murders in 2010.
What a bloodbath!
Soon you wont have to watch the news. Just stick your head out the window and you will hear the gunshots.
Dr Freud

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Australia needs to reign in those guns.
After all, 30 deaths by firearms in a year is too many. 13% of the 260 murders in 2010.
What a bloodbath!
Soon you wont have to watch the news. Just stick your head out the window and you will hear the gunshots.
And THIS shoots YOUR argument DOWN IN FLAMES!!!!
NAPOLITANO: The right to shoot tyrants, not deer
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/...

“We don't have to take it”

Since: Jun 08

WhereTFamI?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
This is my last night here. I am going to live in Croatia for a while.
Don't try to contact me as I will not respond. I need space and time.
Thank you for being genuine, and thank you for all the kind things you said to me. I feel so honored. Bye for now. Guppy
RE: "This is my last night here."

No it isn't.

People with Proxy addresses, who announce they are "leaving", always pop up again with a different name and another Proxy address.
Dr Freud

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

jaes wrote:
My kids have arms and are taught defence and there are weapons everywhere. Stick and stones will break your bones.
"Stick and stones will break your bones."

Stick and stones MAY break your bones.
How to End the “Gun Debate” Forever

"UK vs. Japan: 2 Unarmed Societies, 2 Vastly Different Homicide Rates.

Despite both nations being disarmed and having almost no “gun-related homicides,” according to UN statistics*, Japan and the UK still have an astronomical gap in homicide rates. Why? A visit to either country reveals an entirely different culture, education system, infrastructure, and socioeconomic paradigm. This is why despite Japan having a much larger population, even total homicides are lower than the comparatively more violent but less populated United Kingdom – with homicide rates in the UK nearly 3 times higher than those in Japan."
http://12160.info/forum/topics/how-to-end-the...
GoGoBar

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
And THIS shoots YOUR argument DOWN IN FLAMES!!!!
NAPOLITANO: The right to shoot tyrants, not deer
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/...
LOL. A letter to the editor. Blah,blah,blah.

So the constipation has given you the life you want and you are happy with your Govt.?

The mass shootings are a natural evolution and acceptable?

Bah.
GoGoBar

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

If you want a legal Smith & Wessen 592 9mm it will cost you $2700.

Triple that for an illegal one, IF you can get one and you can see why gun control makes it more difficult to obtain firearms for Criminals.

Then see how much a Bushmaster or a Glock will cost. Makes it difficult for White young men with mental problems to trivially commit a glamorous suicide with a video shooting game high score in real life.
Unless someone just leaves the weapons lying around.

Since: Jan 12

Where The Wild Things Grow

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

whatisthisidonteven wrote:
I've read so many things on Ninemsn and SMH on these school shootings and nearly every comment points the finger at 'America's stupidity'. Australia should be empathetic and support Americas decisions in these tough times. Us Aussies don't know everything, stop all this ridiculous anti-american sentiment. gun control works for our country. GREAT. But that does not necessarily work for America. It's a different culture.
Australia isn't the expert on every other country. Let us stick to the issues that are affecting our country. How about the gun violence in South-West/Western Sydney, A shooting happens in these areas almost every day.
Australia isn't this perfect utopia everyone is trying to make it out to be, we have racial violence, political extremism and ailing infrastructure. Can we fix those issues before we start on criticising those of other countries?
That's it, we need to leave Americans to decide what is right for them - there are issues involved that we cannot really appreciate because they are not part of our own culture and criticising helps no one. In Australia we have our own problems, while we have violence against innocents here, we need look no further.
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

GoGoBar wrote:
If you want a legal Smith & Wessen 592 9mm it will cost you $2700.
Triple that for an illegal one, IF you can get one and you can see why gun control makes it more difficult to obtain firearms for Criminals.
Then see how much a Bushmaster or a Glock will cost. Makes it difficult for White young men with mental problems to trivially commit a glamorous suicide with a video shooting game high score in real life.
Unless someone just leaves the weapons lying around.
So, your answer is only the rich can own arms? Should we call them royals?
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it, we need to leave Americans to decide what is right for them - there are issues involved that we cannot really appreciate because they are not part of our own culture and criticising helps no one. In Australia we have our own problems, while we have violence against innocents here, we need look no further.
You always had a gift for words.
GoGoBar

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
And we DONT want any of our crazy people CONSTANTLY seeing these MASS MURDERS while they are BOMBARDED with AMAERICAN GUN CULTURE in the media and video game world.
Teaman

Mount Holly, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, you're not gunna like this but I was thinking, firstly, if Aussies can get guns in the 'black market', how many more could the Yanks get from Mexico or Canada?
A: The majority of guns entering Mexico are US made...the rest enter via the US... the best way to stop that i s to stop the corruption by legal gun sellers and corrupt officials and airport workers etc.......http://blog.foreignp olicy.com/posts/2011/06/14/whe re_do_the_guns_in_mexico_come_ from_mainly_the_us
Secondly, I don't know this, could the US Govt change the 2nd Amendment? Is it possible.
A: Any laws can be ammended...the problem with the constitution is that everyone including judges and those that need to change the laws are scared of touching the second ammendment because they have all been brain washed for generations like those who are religious fanatics or Islamists...but they don't need to change it really there are other ways of preventing most of the weapons getting into the hands of law abiders and crims alike....they just need to go about it the right way....ie put stops on gun sellere selling said weapons and making sure all weapons are registered and following up and fining or jailing or removing those that aren't of all those that fail to comply....
Ahomana, the second amendment isn't a law. It is a contract/ a promise. They are things the federal government promised not to do to us. It is the glue that hold the states together.

It is the states that amend the constitution, either through representatives in congress or by convention.

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Vermont, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Empathica wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that your attempt at a white glove to my chin?
[etc]
Nice little grab for 'high moral ground' there. Let me guess ... a tree house? I bet getting out of the wrong side of the bed ruins your day! LOL!!

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole anti-gun argument is built upon nothing more than heap loads of hype, and several helpings of emotion.
When it comes to facts, they are totally disarmed.
I think we (those wanting complete gun bans) own the greatest argument there is...The boddies that are piling up because of you and your love of guns.....the real issue, and not the one idiots like you use....you have no argument against that....they are still dead and it was a man with gun that killed them.....now what to do?.......
1) Should we enforce a ban on guns?

2) Get rid of men?

Two of the things most common factors in the majority of shooting deaths.
I would opt for the latter in your case so maybe we should be given the choice massacre by massacre.....you have NO feckin' rational arguments that justifies the keeping of guns in a sick a society you are drowning in a cesspool of your own shit, it encourages the looneys among you, and there are so damn many....

That is the only argument that is relevant...the rest is absolute crap used by gun owners, gun manufactures and the NRA as a smokescreen so you don't see the boddies of the little children or the mother or father uncle or brother as real or human or dead....none of you want a human face on these people because THEN you would have to acknowledge your complete negligence at being responsible for all their deaths...it's not the guns, but it is!
Spocko

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think that you represent everyone else's opinion, just because you think you do?
No I don't!

“" BITE ME "”

Olney township

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice little grab for 'high moral ground' there. Let me guess ... a tree house? I bet getting out of the wrong side of the bed ruins your day! LOL!!
Only on cold Tuesdays.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

It's not the guns, but it IS!

1)MEN.
2)GUNS.
3)BULLET RIDDEN BODIES.........

Two of which, when removed, saves the other.
MAKE YOUR CHOICE, or in my case choices!

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahomana, the second amendment isn't a law. It is a contract/ a promise. They are things the federal government promised not to do to us. It is the glue that hold the states together.
It is the states that amend the constitution, either through representatives in congress or by convention.
Thank you Teaman....then the States would want to move to effect change or be responsible for anothe massacre......

http://www.countytimes.com/articles/2013/01/1...
Dr Freud

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. A letter to the editor. Blah,blah,blah.
So the constipation has given you the life you want and you are happy with your Govt.?
The mass shootings are a natural evolution and acceptable?
Bah.
‘Gun Appreciation Day’ chairman: Slavery wouldn’t have happened if slaves were armed

"The chairman of Gun Appreciation Day may be taking “Django Unchained” a little too seriously.

Larry Ward on Friday told CNN that he created the first annual Gun Appreciation Day just days before President Barack Obama’s inauguration and the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday to “honor the legacy of Dr. King” and that slavery may never have happened in the United States if African-Americans had owned guns.

In a press release earlier this week, Ward called on gun owners to turn out “en masse at gun stores, ranges, and shows from coast to coast” on January 19. And he explained to The Blaze that the event should “strike the fear of God in the gun-grabbing politicians.”

Video:
http://12160.info/group/gunsandtactics/page/g...
ManWIthNoBum

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Australia has much bigger fatter problems than sticking its beak into American affairs.
Fat social welfare parasites like Ahomana. Why should anyone with a job have to pay tax to keep lazy fat pigs in housing ? What possible benefit does keeping housos (the Australian version of trailer trash) in luxury.
They claim to not have time to work but can sit on the internet day after day arguing about something they know nothing about in a country they don't live in.
I hope Tony Abbott cuts single parents welfare and sends fat turds like you back to work.
You are paid too much if you have money for internet access and a computer. These things are not neccessary for someone like you.
America and its foodstamp idea sounds great although I doubt the US would have enough food stamps to keep a bucket of lard like you happy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 89,541 - 89,560 of103,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••