It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,368

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#95207 Jan 10, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
The last mass shooter in the UK had no assault style weapon nor high capacity magazines. Derrick Bird used a double barrel shotgun and a bolt action .22 rifle. He killed twelve and wounded eleven before committing suicide.
So my call to ban all guns is definately the right one.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#95208 Jan 10, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay and exactly how would the proposed gun ban have stopped him?
Liscencing requirement from Local Police who had to accompany campus security to deliver a restraining order to stop him attending classes until he had had psyciatric assesment. His police record of marijuana use.

The ban on oversize magazines that had lapsed.

A cross link background check database to campus security. You may have noticed this recomendation in the article this thread is based on after Virginia Tech.

In Colorado The Joker had also had a security report fromt he campus psycolgist to Campus Security.

All without imposing a ban on Glock military designed pistols or AR15,s etc...
GoGoBar

Thailand

#95209 Jan 10, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay and exactly how would the proposed gun ban have stopped him?
If you mean Lanza, there is not that much data to go on.
Glaringly would be the safe storage of firearms by the owner to the exclusion of unlicenced persons.

Oh, they have those laws.

Just seems that Legal Gun Owners dont follow laws either.
GoGoBar

Thailand

#95211 Jan 10, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
True. It is the guns.
Deport Fat Women

Perth, Australia

#95212 Jan 10, 2013
Why do you people spend time here arguing with two fat ugly single mothers on welfare about anything ?
Why do you care what their opinions are ?
Their not even from the US, their Australian. Nobody cares what the fat turds have to say here so why should you care in the USA ? although I'm sure nobody would care if you take ahomona to the USA.. take her whole fat welfare dependant family. You would be doing the country a service.

Perth, Australia

#95213 Jan 10, 2013
jaes wrote:
911 planes killed thousands and they didn't even have a gun.
Yeah...well how many of them do you get daily?

I believe death by gun shot would have surpassed the deaths in that tragedy eh! Oh, and gun deaths are an on going tragedy.

Perth, Australia

#95214 Jan 10, 2013
Deport Fat Women wrote:
Why do you people spend time here arguing with two fat ugly single mothers on welfare about anything ?
Why do you care what their opinions are ?
Their not even from the US, their Australian. Nobody cares what the fat turds have to say here so why should you care in the USA ? although I'm sure nobody would care if you take ahomona to the USA.. take her whole fat welfare dependant family. You would be doing the country a service.
Says the troll...

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

Since: Jun 12

And the shadows they burn dark

#95215 Jan 11, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
In your delusional world it might be.
In the real world, which it seems you know little about, all you'll do is see to it that only criminals have guns.

Perth, Australia

#95216 Jan 11, 2013
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
In your delusional world it might be.
In the real world, which it seems you know little about, all you'll do is see to it that only criminals have guns.
Crap off, there are way more guns in the hands of law abiders....and they are going nuts. Not you, you are already a space cadet.
Me Good Me Tony Abbott

Perth, Australia

#95217 Jan 11, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Crap off, there are way more guns in the hands of law abiders....and they are going nuts. Not you, you are already a space cadet.
You can't do anything about it you fat mongoloid breeder of more fat parasites.
USA won't listen to obese welfare cheats from Australia.
Your opinion means nothing to anyone.
Why don't you go on today tonight with the other fat ugly white trash single mothers.

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

Since: Jun 12

And the shadows they burn dark

#95218 Jan 11, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool, someone who steals a gun or guns then goes & shoots people is not a law abider.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#95219 Jan 11, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a gun owner. I live in a country where freedom is important. I live in a country where innovative and free thinking is encouraged. I live where the people have excelled every country in the history of mankind. One envious person on the other side of the world would be a fool to even think they could change that.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#95220 Jan 11, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
We are space cadets because we have been to the moon and you can't. We are the most powerful superpower the world has ever known, and your not. That makes you a third world country compared to us.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#95221 Jan 11, 2013
Chinelean wrote:
<quoted text>I hear darwin is full of abo's, careful he doesnt get his wallet stolen up there
Lol. He's temporarily posted there, on standby, for what? I haven't a clue, he can't tell me. He couldn't even come home for Christmas. Either the shite will hit the fan in Afghanistan or the Yanks will have an 'uprising' and their Govt will need backup from us 'stupid' Aussies, my 2 guesses anyway... But I could be wrong and often am. Yeah, he says there are lots of Natives there. I've never been.
;)

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#95222 Jan 11, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>No all posts go through this and then get back on track...it does depend on the ammount of trolls..trolling though...
Oh ok, I must be traumatised by f ing trolls...

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#95223 Jan 11, 2013
ManWithNoBum wrote:
<quoted text>Hey brudda got a smoke mate
Spare money for a cask bro
Lol. I remember that, living in Perth.....here too sometimes.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#95224 Jan 11, 2013
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>Why should anyone else reply to your inquiries, when you have the nasty habit of playing stupid games with everyone else's question put to you?
HYPOCRITE MUCH?
Hey Doc! How's your gun? I see you're still alive, stopped taking those nasty pills have you?
;p

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#95225 Jan 11, 2013
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>But have you noticed how SHE is more than willing to employ FORCE against you, to TAKE your guns?
C'mon Doc, this is a forum... No one here is going to come and take your guns, or will they?

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#95226 Jan 11, 2013
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>Everything the U.S. military has.
Good luck with that.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#95227 Jan 11, 2013
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>So you may once again dance in the blood of the innocent, slathering their blood all over your body in an obscene orgy of demonic delight.
Oh, lol. Chill Doc....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama: Racism, bias in US will take time to tackle 1 min barefoot2626 627
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min SobieskiSavedEurope 134,105
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min Millet Master 294,525
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Yeah 1,156,048
Protesters: "Not the time" to change Cuba relat... 11 min barefoot2626 66
Top Dem: Republicans 'rigging the rules' for ne... 15 min Shinichiro Takizawa 18
Judge Skeptical of Sheriff Arpaio's Obama Immig... 16 min barefoot2626 65
Democrats optimistic on 2016 presidential chances 1 hr Hooogle It 4
Who hacked Sony becomes Internet's new mystery 1 hr Hooogle It 12
More from around the web