It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103293 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#95266 Jan 11, 2013
Me Good Me Tony Abbott wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't do anything about it you fat mongoloid breeder of more fat parasites.
USA won't listen to obese welfare cheats from Australia.
Your opinion means nothing to anyone.
Why don't you go on today tonight with the other fat ugly white trash single mothers.
Troll alert!
GoGoBar

Thailand

#95267 Jan 11, 2013
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Where the hell do you get this crap from?
Pull it out of your arse?
Perhaps you should stop abusing substances before you post on internet forums.
You should get that whiff of gunpowder mass shooting out of your sniffers.

Whoa, thought it was a nightmare, low, it's all so true
They told me, don't go walkin' slow, the devil's on the loose
Better run through the jungle
Better run through the kids school
Better run through the cinema, don't look back to see

Thought I heard a rumblin', callin' to my name
Two hundred million guns are loaded, Satan cries, "Take aim"
Better run through the temple
Better run through the mall
Better run through the campus, don't look back to see

In the Constitution, thunder magic spoke
"Let the people know my wisdom, fill the land with smoke"
Better run through the classroom
Better run through the streets
Better run through the jungle, don't look back to see
Dr Freud

UK

#95268 Jan 11, 2013
DrKilljoy wrote:
<quoted text>And in which school do they teach all your conspiracy theories. It seems that a person so against Meds is perhaps the person needing them the most.
Quack !!!
Two things:
[1] Do you always sign your posts?
[2] Prior to the advent of SSRI's/psychotropics, those who experienced psychological problems were counseled, and no drugs were used. The success rate was quite high.
Merely talking someone through their problems served to allow them manage their personal lives without intervention.
The remainder, those truly suffering from chemical imbalances, the genesis of which was not well understood, were placed under direct care.
It might interest you to know that almost all serious mental disturbances have a direct connection to either malnutrition, or the absorption of one or another substance which has influenced the chemistry of the brain. And many times it happens to be both at the same time.
Administering SSRI/psychotropics does absolutely NOTHING to fix that problem, and in fact seriously exacerbates preexisting conditions.
POINT: Why do YOU think it is, that many people on those drugs are both suicidal, as well as inclined towards harming others?
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#95269 Jan 11, 2013
I saw the Giffords woman on tv yesterday. I didn't know her ability to walk has been impaired. What a shame. Bloody guns!
Dr Freud

UK

#95270 Jan 11, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
IF you haven't tried it, don't knock it.
I said, IF.
"IF you haven't tried it, don't knock it."

Does that also go for murder, rape, robbery, etc.?

Perth, Australia

#95271 Jan 11, 2013
_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool, someone who steals a gun or guns then goes & shoots people is not a law abider.
Don't have anything new.....not enough times this has been counteracted...get some new material.
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#95272 Jan 11, 2013
Harvard concluded there is ample evidence suggesting that more guns equate to more murders.

No Duh...
Dr Freud

UK

#95273 Jan 11, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll alert!
Are you advising the rest of the people here of your proclivities?

Perth, Australia

#95274 Jan 11, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> I am a gun owner. I live in a country where freedom is important. I live in a country where innovative and free thinking is encouraged. I live where the people have excelled every country in the history of mankind. One envious person on the other side of the world would be a fool to even think they could change that.
Yeah yada yada....yeah yeah....hand on heart and piss in your pocket, you gung ho looney....

Perth, Australia

#95275 Jan 11, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> We are space cadets because we have been to the moon and you can't. We are the most powerful superpower the world has ever known, and your not. That makes you a third world country compared to us.
Hows the economy in your part of the world, you couldn't get a match box off the ground now....... the global crisis that you caused by your stupidity and greed added you to the third world, we are doing great ta!....ROTFLMFAO....

Perth, Australia

#95276 Jan 11, 2013
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's the one who continually posts stories about shooting conducted by mentally unstable people on SSRI drugs?
Yeah: YOU!
You verily have an orgasm every time you catch wind of such events, hyperventilating, and falling over yourself as you rush to the keyboard and slam out your hype drenched dreck.
The fact of the matter is just this: YOU are a VERY superficial individual, because YOU refuse to assess matters in a critical fashion.
FACT: Before there were SSRI/psychotropic drugs, the incidents of multiple shootings anywhere were as rare as hen's teeth.
FACT: Before the advent of the SSRI/psychotropic drugs, there were still lots of guns, and NO mass shootings. Gee, imagine that!
FACT: YOU are guilty of avoiding the TRUTH of the matter.
If tomorrow, all SSRI/psychotropics were to be taken off the market, and nobody used them, the mass shootings would cease.
BUT, if you suddenly got rid of all guns, but left the SSRI/psychotropics fully available, then the VERY SAME ACTS as committed currently WOULD STILL happen. The actors would simply resort to other methods.
In summary then, YOU are GUILTY of neglecting to consider ALL the dimensions of the matter, having instead resorted to bigotry.
Here we go again...docs loosing it!
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#95277 Jan 11, 2013
I would imagine that being addicted to guns is worse than addictions to smoking and drinking. I would rather smoke and drink then be in LOVE with guns.
Maybe that's it! The guys who are infatuated with guns can't find a REAL woman and the gun is a poor substitute. Omg. Just cracked the case.
They should buy one of those blow up dolls! It's better than northing. It's funny, women don't need a male blow up doll. Hell, we basically don't need the real thing either. Well maybe for the checkbook, but that's it.
I wonder how many guys on here ALREADY have a blow up doll? I'm sure no one is going to confess to that. hahaha. Weirdo's.
I'm going to Google blow up dolls and see what all the excitement is about.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#95278 Jan 11, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
Hence the interstate gunnrunning from states with lax gun control.
No. The gun control laws are already in place, and passing more gun control laws will do nothing to stop it. It will only give the APPEARANCE of doing something about it. ENFORCEMENT is the problem.

Perth, Australia

#95279 Jan 11, 2013
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Then that's every gun, including revolvers, and derringers.
Oh Der!

Perth, Australia

#95280 Jan 11, 2013
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because YOU say so.
Your opinions are not factually grounded, nor are they historically valid.
But then? That's never stopped you before.
How long have you KNOWN you are an idiot!

“Topix is lowlife scum with no”

Since: Jun 12

respect for anyone...

#95281 Jan 11, 2013
GoGoBar wrote:
<quoted text>
You should get that whiff of gunpowder mass shooting out of your sniffers.
Whoa, thought it was a nightmare, low, it's all so true
They told me, don't go walkin' slow, the devil's on the loose
Better run through the jungle
Better run through the kids school
Better run through the cinema, don't look back to see
Thought I heard a rumblin', callin' to my name
Two hundred million guns are loaded, Satan cries, "Take aim"
Better run through the temple
Better run through the mall
Better run through the campus, don't look back to see
In the Constitution, thunder magic spoke
"Let the people know my wisdom, fill the land with smoke"
Better run through the classroom
Better run through the streets
Better run through the jungle, don't look back to see
You are an idiot.
I am around gunpowder a lot, ever had the urge to mass murder anyone after smelling it though.

Perth, Australia

#95282 Jan 11, 2013
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you advising the rest of the people here of your proclivities?
I think most of us know which ones of you and your mates are trolls....with my help...and I will keep letting them know you are a plant, and not just the organic variety.....

“Topix is lowlife scum with no”

Since: Jun 12

respect for anyone...

#95283 Jan 11, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't have anything new.....not enough times this has been counteracted...get some new material.
I have lots of new stuff.
It hasn't been counteracted at all.
You post up complete crap about it, convinced your opinions are fact and that makes you right when you're wrong time and time again.
If you're too stupid to see that it's not my problem.
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#95284 Jan 11, 2013
OK! Got the info for yous guys.
bedroomjoys.com
Teddy Babes Carly life size NON-inflatable doll.
Regular 700.00
Sale 699.99 (What?)
If I were yous, I would jump on this as soon as possible as I am sure they will sell out quickly and I don't want yous to be forlorn/lonely etc.
What a find!
Rolling eyes.
No need to thank me. It will be our little secret. ha.
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#95285 Jan 11, 2013
I forgot to say ~~~~ HAVE FUN!

I would love to be a fly on the wall.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 min old_moose 10,096
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,602,060
News Jimmy Kimmel transforms debate, and shows comed... 3 min Denizen_Kate 87
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min loose cannon 242,620
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 min cpeter1313 317,551
News Dem to join mental health group advocating Trum... 17 min Red Crosse 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min Red Crosse 63,980
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 22 min IND 289,209
News GOP health bill all but dead; McCain again deal... 37 min Sandra 49
More from around the web