It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103299 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

levi

United States

#93451 Jan 3, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
A: That is what you gun owning dicks are trying to do, trying to blackmail Obama, your president into backing off trying to make America a little safer for the kids....
Obama is in his last term, time to make a difference without the threat of a looming election.....you have your work cut out for you if that is your intention....I hope he kicks all your gun owning arses.
Well, he wont, he cant. Second amendment, second amendment, dont you just hate that? LMAO Looks like our forefathers knew exactly what they were doing. And I just thought they were a bunch of ole guys in silly white wigs.
My kill rate at the range for a rifle is 89%, for a pistol its 76%. Im going back today, going to write your name and draw a face repersenting you, see if it improves my percentage rate. Bet it does, what you think?
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#93452 Jan 3, 2013
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT is probably truer that most might consider!
Ahomana falls under the category of:

“There is only one thing worse in life than being stupid,.. and that is being just smart enough to realize you’re stupid.”

I would have to believe that this is the reason for Ahomana's anger issues.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#93453 Jan 3, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwww did I hurt your widdle feelings?

A: Not possible....you were stupid to try...
Once again you proudly demonstrate your ignorance.
The rating downgrade was largely due in fact to the democrats inability to pass a budget. And to top it off you use a totally biased website to substantiate your position. HAHAHHAHA

A: If the Democrats didn't get the budget passed wouldn't it be the fault of those that blocked it....ie the Republicans....as by failing to pass it caused the downgrade you bloody mental retard....

Again gun owners and advocates are not proclaiming in the streets that everyone needs a gun. However those who favor gun control use every tragic incident as more gasoline to the fire, for their scare tactics.

A: Oh so you don't think gun owners who are supporting the NRA flooding the streets with 280.000 guns per 310.000 people is not forcing your gun loving looneyism on the community?....bright as a button aren't you!

I can only imagine the dismal school you must have went to as you appear to be just above functionally illiterate with no apparent critical thinking skills. Only the mindless rhetoric which has been feed you.

A: Well I actually got through all my school years as there was no one shooting guns around willy nilly and killing my friends...so I had the time to learn and learn well...
Too bad you can't say the same, and you dummies are only going to get dumber if the gun control measures aren't implemented...parents will have to home school and seeing you have proved most of you would fail an idiot IQ test I don't hold out much chance for your kids.

Perth, Australia

#93454 Jan 3, 2013
levi wrote:
<quoted text>?
Well, he wont, he cant. Second amendment, second amendment, dont you just hate that? LMAO Looks like our forefathers knew exactly what they were doing. And I just thought they were a bunch of ole guys in silly white wigs.

A: that's why I call you stupid...you know the second ammendment protects you to a point of at least keeping some of your weapons...yet you are complaining about it, you are stupid that is what it ammounts to...dumb as dog shit.

My kill rate at the range for a rifle is 89%, for a pistol its 76%. Im going back today, going to write your name and draw a face repersenting you, see if it improves my percentage rate. Bet it does, what you think
A: Grown men playing at being killers....so they shoot at tinmen.....how intelligent of you....

Perth, Australia

#93455 Jan 3, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
“There is only one thing worse in life than being stupid,.. and that is being just smart enough to realize you’re stupid.”
Or I could sink to the bottom of the barrel and then I would be "American stupid"
levi

United States

#93456 Jan 3, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
The rating downgrade was largely due in fact to the democrats inability to pass a budget. And to top it off you use a totally biased website to substantiate your position. HAHAHHAHA
A: If the Democrats didn't get the budget passed wouldn't it be the fault of those that blocked it....ie the Republicans....as by failing to pass it caused the downgrade you bloody mental retard....
Again gun owners and advocates are not proclaiming in the streets that everyone needs a gun. However those who favor gun control use every tragic incident as more gasoline to the fire, for their scare tactics.
A: Oh so you don't think gun owners who are supporting the NRA flooding the streets with 280.000 guns per 310.000 people is not forcing your gun loving looneyism on the community?....bright as a button aren't you!
I can only imagine the dismal school you must have went to as you appear to be just above functionally illiterate with no apparent critical thinking skills. Only the mindless rhetoric which has been feed you.
A: Well I actually got through all my school years as there was no one shooting guns around willy nilly and killing my friends...so I had the time to learn and learn well...
Too bad you can't say the same, and you dummies are only going to get dumber if the gun control measures aren't implemented...parents will have to home school and seeing you have proved most of you would fail an idiot IQ test I don't hold out much chance for your kids.
Wow! What great techknowledgy you must have also, to have given every gun owner an IQ test!
Seriously lady, and I use that term lightly, you know whats so sad about you? You act as if your ignorance is a virture.

Perth, Australia

#93457 Jan 3, 2013
levi wrote:
<quoted text> Well, not so fast. I have heard people on here call you a perfect idot. I have told them that you're not perfect, but you got the idiot part down good.
But you said I was perfect make up your melon.....a tad indicisive I would think...it isn't too safe to rely on your opinion perhaps.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#93458 Jan 3, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to stick with Australian politics because you clearly demonstrate that you are woefully misinformed and or uninformed in regards to our politics.

The democrats controlled both the house and the senate for almost the first two years of Obama’s presidency, and failed to pass a budget during that time, not to mention since. Since your ignorance shows in you attempt at ad hominids, I will break it down for you. If the democrats control both the house and senate the republicans cannot block legislation which the democrats attempt to pass. Much like they did when they rammed Obamacare through. Moron!

The gun owners are not flooding the streets with guns. Your statement only proves my point in regards to the gun control advocates using the scare tactics. You are a fool

Yes you have wowed us with your intellectual prowess … your feeble education well spent…HAHAHAHA
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#93459 Jan 3, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Or I could sink to the bottom of the barrel and then I would be "American stupid"
You have already surpassed your goal. You are king of the idiots
Dr Freud

Netherlands

#93460 Jan 3, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Her anger is predicated upon just ONE thing: DENIAL of the truth.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#93461 Jan 3, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
A: that's why I call you stupid...you know the second ammendment protects you to a point of at least keeping some of your weapons...yet you are complaining about it, you are stupid that is what it ammounts to...dumb as dog shit.
My kill rate at the range for a rifle is 89%, for a pistol its 76%. Im going back today, going to write your name and draw a face repersenting you, see if it improves my percentage rate. Bet it does, what you think
A: Grown men playing at being killers....so they shoot at tinmen.....how intelligent of you....
Little girls pretending intelligence from their mommy’s basement computer … attempting to bolster their waning self esteem, by professing that which they obviously never possessed, to those who in person would not give them the time of day or a handout which they most likely are in need of.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#93462 Jan 3, 2013
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Her anger is predicated upon just ONE thing: DENIAL of the truth.
I feel bad for those from Australia in this forum who are intelligent and engaged, as Ahomana, gives a poor representation in regards to the critical thinking skills and over all intellect of the Aussies.

Fortunately many of us have traveled the world and know differently. Ahomana is the equivalent of America's GED educated mouth breathers and I believe that the comparison may be an insult to the mouth breathers.

Perth, Australia

#93463 Jan 3, 2013
levi wrote:
<quoted text> Wow! What great techknowledgy you must have also, to have given every gun owner an IQ test!
Seriously lady, and I use that term lightly, you know whats so sad about you? You act as if your ignorance is a virture.
No, that's the beauty of it Levi.... a buyer walks into a store to purchase a gun and the moment the sale goes through in their name, and you hear the ka-ching of the cash register, the idiot IQ meter is automatically triggered and has recorded "the idiot," and that of any immediate or future offspring.

“Topix is lowlife scum with no”

Since: Jun 12

respect for anyone...

#93464 Jan 3, 2013
Sexual Harasment Panda wrote:
I can understand the term gun nuts. But it should be used to the pro and anti gun people. Their both obsessives. If talking about guns day in day out on a thread for five years dosent qualify for some sort of mental abnormality I dont know what does.
What does is whining about it.

Perth, Australia

#93465 Jan 3, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
You have already surpassed your goal. You are king of the idiots
Not possible there are still too many yanks out there vying for the title.

Perth, Australia

#93466 Jan 3, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Little girls pretending intelligence from their mommy’s basement computer … attempting to bolster their waning self esteem, by professing that which they obviously never possessed, to those who in person would not give them the time of day or a handout which they most likely are in need of.
Oh look I love this part when men resort to being daddy....trying to make themselves appear superior and authoritive.....you men are so predictable....you should get used to losing, it is going to be happening more and more in your futures....so sad too bad for you....
levi

United States

#93467 Jan 3, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look I love this part when men resort to being daddy....trying to make themselves appear superior and authoritive.....you men are so predictable....you should get used to losing, it is going to be happening more and more in your futures....so sad too bad for you....
Damn! Now you hate men too!? What parent didnt love you?
levi

United States

#93468 Jan 3, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
But you said I was perfect make up your melon.....a tad indicisive I would think...it isn't too safe to rely on your opinion perhaps.
Maybe you're just so stupid that you dont understand sarcasim?

Perth, Australia

#93469 Jan 3, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to stick with Australian politics because you clearly demonstrate that you are woefully misinformed and or uninformed in regards to our politics.
The democrats controlled both the house and the senate for almost the first two years of Obama’s presidency, and failed to pass a budget during that time, not to mention since. Since your ignorance shows in you attempt at ad hominids, I will break it down for you. If the democrats control both the house and senate the republicans cannot block legislation which the democrats attempt to pass. Much like they did when they rammed Obamacare through. Moron!

Read and weep you uneducated twit, the information you can get to show you dummies up for the idiots you are is amazing......enjoy......http:/ /crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/r epublicans-unprecedented-obstr uctionism-by-numbers

The gun owners are not flooding the streets with guns. Your statement only proves my point in regards to the gun control advocates using the scare tactics. You are a fool
A: no need to thank me for your education....you sadly needed it...as you dumb yanks don't know anything...

Yes you have wowed us with your intellectual prowess … your feeble education well spent…HAHAHAHA

A: I am extremely aware of that, and I don't need someone of lower intelligence pointing it out...I am surprised you could....
levi

United States

#93470 Jan 3, 2013
Some of our weapons? Are you jokeing, are you that naive? Any govt, even yours, if they begin chipping away at your rights they wont stop till you have no rights! What fairtale world have you created for yourself?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min NotSoDivineMsM 1,508,519
Gay Skype !! 4 min Timharding4 80
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min District 1 239,392
News Paul Ryan accepts it's over: Obamacare is 'law ... 7 min One Womyn Riot 8
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Pete 261,871
News Young Americans: Most see Trump as illegitimate... 7 min Trump your President 669
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min THE LONE WORKER 220,613
More from around the web