It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments (Page 4,345)

Showing posts 86,881 - 86,900 of103,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dr Freud

Capelle, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Gottaliv wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, how about we play the "what if" game again.
What if the mother hadn't given birth to a mentally challenged son?
What if the mother hadn't kept an arsenal of weapons in easy reach?
What if the mother had received the proper help she'd been asking for?
What if she hadn't proposed institutionalising her son?
What if the mother hadn't had any semi-automatic guns?
What if the son had only used a single shot gun?
BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY...
What if the son hadn't been taking prescription drugs?
It's too late for America to have any "gun free zones" anywhere.
You neglected to mention vaccines, virtually all of which contain elements which seriously impact both the immune system, as well as cause mental deficiencies.
Consider too, that almost all American (U.S.) municipal water systems are poisoned with sodium fluoride, and chlorine, both of which severely impact the physiology of very young children, resulting in many deleterious effects.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

tinydropthestickgooddog wrote:
<quoted text>
your a phoney obscurian ??
How dare you !!! I am NOT phony. I AM obscure. Pisses you off huh.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

<quoted text>
yawn- you hide your lack of ideas behind a phoney cryptic obtuseness - who is the real enemy then sir - if you please ha ha ha
It's classified sir.
I am aware they did not tell you. There's a reason.
Dr Freud

Capelle, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahomana - they are just so beautiful - I wish they could all escape the hunters.
If humans didn't hunt them, then the wolves would. Additionally, if humans didn't occasionally hunt them, then they would end up starving to death.
Do you presume to say that starvation is a better way to die than an almost immediate death caused by a hunter's bullet?
How about the entirely miserable, totally terrible death those animals suffer at the maws of wolves, or bear?
YOU aren't thinking things though.

“shirley you cant be serious ”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare you !!! I am NOT phony. I AM obscure. Pisses you off huh.
no not really - though it is amusing to see you squirming to hide your lack of intellect behind a rock of obscurity - you cant stand toe to toe so you hide - it makes me go ha ha ha ha

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

<quoted text>
ha ha what a phoney stick up the ass speechifying nitwit - in a powdered wig and codpiece no doubt lol
Well, you be the stick man around here tiny doggie. I suppose you could be the resident expert on phoney sticks as well. You are certainly qualified to render an expert opinion on having one up your caboose.
Thanks for your input. I was scared of the stick theory,at first, but you have eased my mind on that, now that we know where you put it.

No wig sir. My braids are my own. No codpiece either sir. I chafe easily down under. Besides the cod piece would never do, it need be at least a whale bone sir.

“We don't have to take it”

Since: Jun 08

WhereTFamI?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, I've been abused here by a few women over the years for holding a door open for them.
Seems every now and then one gets offended if you show some manners.
I've also heard of men being abused on public transport in the cities for offering to give up their seats for a woman.
I guess they're trying to prove their independence or something.
Yep, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't eh.

Don't give up on the "manners" thing, it's becoming a relic of the past now and will be a very sad day if it ever dies out completely. The days of the 'fragile' one sitting in the car while the 'strong' one walks around to open the door for her are almost gone, but giving up your seat or opening a door and standing back to allow the woman to walk through first is still alive and well amongst the slightly older and much older males.

My sons were taught the (now) old fashioned 'etiquette, respect, and good manners' thing, and they never had any 'women problems'. In fact they had too many choices that NO man un-conditionally deserves - and now their wives are sometimes prone to be in attack mode to fend off all the other interested women... because they know that others want what they have.:)

It's really hard to know what to do some times isn't it?

I watch how my granddaughter's boyfriend treats her and I just shake my head. Germaine Greer should have been shot 30 years ago!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

<quoted text>
no not really - though it is amusing to see you squirming to hide your lack of intellect behind a rock of obscurity - you cant stand toe to toe so you hide - it makes me go ha ha ha ha
Whatever you say, from the sidelines, Mr. Ebert.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
It's classified sir.
masturbating fantasist - you will go blind colonel clink ha ha ha

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you be the stick man around here tiny doggie. I suppose you could be the resident expert on phoney sticks as well. You are certainly qualified to render an expert opinion on having one up your caboose.
Thanks for your input. I was scared of the stick theory,at first, but you have eased my mind on that, now that we know where you put it.
No wig sir. My braids are my own. No codpiece either sir. I chafe easily down under. Besides the cod piece would never do, it need be at least a whale bone sir.
why you could keep your gat in a codpiece - and your brain in your bussle - wind bag ha ha ha

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
It's classified sir.
let me guess - any of the following
Obama
the Illuminati
aliens
the new world order
the commies
the gays
-????????
lol

Since: Jan 12

Where The Wild Things Grow

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I shoot them in the boiler or in the head if close enough. It reduces the suffering as much as possible. Homo Sapien - the ONLY predator on Earth that even attempts to reduce suffering in the kill to eat axiom of this life on Earth.
Yes, I still eat tofu from time to time. I was a STRICT plant eater for a spell during my journey back to the Red Road.
I think we should seek to reduce the suffering of animals, there is much cruelty involved in the commercial farming of animals. I don't eat animal products but that is a personal choice - however I do believe we should improve the standard of care for animals raised for consumption. No matter what situation we are in, as a hunter or a farmer, we can make ethical choices.
GoGoBar

Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

<quoted text>
let me guess - any of the following
Obama
the Illuminati
aliens
the new world order
the commies
the gays
-????????
lol
It seems that the powers that be are not shaking in their boots.
They even make a handsome corporate profit from the hoi poloi domestically as well as militarily.
Just a shame about the mass shootings and gun violence.
Hell, the Prison Industrial Complex even cleans up on the side.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

<quoted text>
such magnificent and beautiful animals - hey lets get a gun and shoot them ha ha ha
Aquarius
Those be YOUR words sir.

you do shoot them of course - hypocrite .

Since: Jan 12

Where The Wild Things Grow

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Gottaliv wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't eh.
Don't give up on the "manners" thing, it's becoming a relic of the past now and will be a very sad day if it ever dies out completely. The days of the 'fragile' one sitting in the car while the 'strong' one walks around to open the door for her are almost gone, but giving up your seat or opening a door and standing back to allow the woman to walk through first is still alive and well amongst the slightly older and much older males.
My sons were taught the (now) old fashioned 'etiquette, respect, and good manners' thing, and they never had any 'women problems'. In fact they had too many choices that NO man un-conditionally deserves - and now their wives are sometimes prone to be in attack mode to fend off all the other interested women... because they know that others want what they have.:)
It's really hard to know what to do some times isn't it?
I watch how my granddaughter's boyfriend treats her and I just shake my head. Germaine Greer should have been shot 30 years ago!
So true.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

so many gunsuckers- like aquariass - hate the US government so much it is a wonder their pride allows them to live under its laws and protections - especially when they claim they have the ability to protect themselves - why dont they go live someplace where the government is non existent and their freedoms will not be infringed - I can think. of a few places where they could get to use their guns pretty regular without the interference of any government agencies .

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
If humans didn't hunt them, then the wolves would. Additionally, if humans didn't occasionally hunt them, then they would end up starving to death.
Do you presume to say that starvation is a better way to die than an almost immediate death caused by a hunter's bullet?
How about the entirely miserable, totally terrible death those animals suffer at the maws of wolves, or bear?
YOU aren't thinking things though.
If one thinks that the bull elk screams when in heat, they should hear a cow scream when in the jaws of the grizzly.
I happened to witness just such an incident out in the Willow Flats just west of the observation deck at Jackson Lake Lodge. The grizzly and the cow elk were in plain sight of the touristers from all over the world.
One lady was quite upset over the normal instinctual act taking place before her eyes. She threw a fit and made a general nusance of herself with the rangers. She finally charged one ranger and demanded that the ranger "DO SOMETHING, and help that poor elk" that was screaming and bellowing to make your skin crawl from the sound of her pain as the grizzly ripped her intestines out and began feasting on them while she was still very much alive and screaming.
The Park Ranger told her straight out that if SHE was interested in helping the elk that SHE could be his guest to go out there and stop the grizzly from eating the elk. It was a jaw dropping thing to witness. The lady I mean.

Then on another occasion not but two miles from that incident, ole 399 had herself a boyfriend. "399" is a locally well known female grizzly that lives in the area and dens nearby. She bothers no one, and lives and shares her territory with man quite readily. She usually has twins or triplet cubs at her side every two to three years. She had just weaned her latest set of triplets, so was in the market for love. She found it. Right off Pilgrim Creek Road in Teton Park, in full view of the onlooking touristers.
As the two grizzlies "got it on" one lady went apeshit and threw a fit and berated a park ranger and demanded he "DO SOMETHING" because "THAT is unacceptable for youngsters to see, and you have got to stop this, it's dispicable and inappropriate in public."
The ranger politely said, "No maam. It is normal. It is nature maam."

For what it's worth. One of her female cubs, "610" of several years ago, is now also a locally well known grizzly sow, with cubs of her own in the area. She shares her mother's temperment. Her two brothers, unfortunately, were put down as they began to demand territory and had several encounters with humans when they were but three or so years old.

WhereTFamI?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Empathica wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly
It's FEAR
They FEAR their neighbors
They FEAR their co-workers
They FEAR the people who don't "look" like them
They FEAR the people who don't "think" like them
They even FEAR their own government
They won't admit to these FEARS because..... Well, they FEAR that too.
Rational fear is a defence mechanism, necessary and needed for survival.

Fear of an inanimate object is irrational.

Denial, irrational fear and paranoid projection are considered to be psychotic in nature.

Adam Lanza had no fear of pain - he was prone to deliberately hurting himself and burning himself with lighters.

He "feared" his mother institutionalising him - so he kills her and 26 other people.

Self-harmers rarely harm others, unless they have another underlying psychotic condition.

And Adam Lanza was taking FANAPT - what a wonderful combination that turned out to be.

A toxic drug with these known side-effects ---

Hostility
Aggression
Mania
Confusional state
Impulse-control disorder

--- altering a mind already altered from the norm.

I fear PEOPLE like him on medication, and what they are un-knowingly capable of doing.

WhereTFamI?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
You neglected to mention vaccines, virtually all of which contain elements which seriously impact both the immune system, as well as cause mental deficiencies.
Consider too, that almost all American (U.S.) municipal water systems are poisoned with sodium fluoride, and chlorine, both of which severely impact the physiology of very young children, resulting in many deleterious effects.
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
"Neglected" in that comment but mentioned in others.

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/australia/TI...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we should seek to reduce the suffering of animals, there is much cruelty involved in the commercial farming of animals. I don't eat animal products but that is a personal choice - however I do believe we should improve the standard of care for animals raised for consumption. No matter what situation we are in, as a hunter or a farmer, we can make ethical choices.
Yes, and I agree with you wholeheartedly on the point of factory farms. That is one reason that I returned to hunting my own food.
The cruelty is one reason.
It is the drugs, chemicals, growth hormones, and any and all other matter of injections and abnormal ways of increasing size and product which sends me to the mountains for my dinner. It is also an untrackable chain of custody that I can not track to my table that is another problem with factory farm, produced meat products.
I support your decision to eat as you choose.
It is good to see you do likewise.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 86,881 - 86,900 of103,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••