It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103311 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

Raibeart Bruis

United States

#90707 Dec 27, 2012
Geobbels wrote:
<quoted text>
You are jewish and a traitor. Israel is just another experiment that went horribly wrong. US also has now failed after winning the 20th century, the 21st is trading places with Russia and China. But israel is the US and the US is israel. That is why you are circumcised, but you already knew that.
A traitor to who? To you filthy English dogs? The jews never wronged me or my people. You scum on the other hand forced your bastard language on my people and eventually drove them from their homes. I own you nothing, no allegiance, I'm not one of you. Dae ye ken whit ah mean?
WTF

Colonial Heights, VA

#90708 Dec 27, 2012
Geobbels wrote:
<quoted text>
You are jewish and a traitor. Israel is just another experiment that went horribly wrong. US also has now failed after winning the 20th century, the 21st is trading places with Russia and China. But israel is the US and the US is israel. That is why you are circumcised, but you already knew that.
Okay now. No more Fosters for you Mr. Dundee.

“" BITE ME "”

Since: Dec 10

Olney township

#90709 Dec 27, 2012
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Jane you ignorant slut.
I support a teachers right to choose a gun to protect her students while they are stuck in a killing field created by insane people like you.
What is your opinion?
I assume you are Pro Choice, aren't you?
"Jane you ignorant slut"

Really?

Still?

--TIME

For some new material there Ziggs.
Teaman

Abingdon, VA

#90710 Dec 27, 2012
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay now. No more Fosters for you Mr. Dundee.
I don't think any Aussies drink Fosters. That might be a NY beer.

“shirley you cant be serious ”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#90711 Dec 27, 2012
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns were made, for little old ladies, to kill pedophiles like you when you are sucking off little boys.
I think that is a great use.
what a vacuous irrelevant and mindnumbingly moronic comment from a ranting raving loony lol
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#90712 Dec 27, 2012
tfreddy42 wrote:
<quoted text>
are u crazy guppy why would we give up your guns
Freddy's back.

Why would we give up YOUR gus? What does that mean?

Location hidden

#90713 Dec 27, 2012
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Jane you ignorant slut.
The bullet was designed to kill.
The pistol was designed to hammer sense into the braindead hemisphere you have above your shirt.
I bet a dumbshit like you did not know that the frist pistol had a hammer built into the grip.
Must suck to be you. I feel sorry for the people near you.
Lord knows you don't have friends.
Assuming a knuckle dragger like you can get a shirt over the fur.
hmmm your moronic rant contains no sign of any intelligence whatsoever lol - if you have a point it is under your hat you blathering troglodyte ha ha ha
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#90714 Dec 27, 2012
guns
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#90715 Dec 27, 2012
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Awe...poor baby...and all you have is the words that you can throw out on an internet forum. Too bad...still got guns...still got ammo...still got high capcity mags. Wife even called me at work yesterday...asking how many 30 rd mags she should get...lol...she was checking out and wanted to make sure she was geting enough...lol.
You must be very proud of your wife.

Location hidden

#90716 Dec 27, 2012
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...?...and what did you have to say to the one that "wishes your kids are next"...how much did you have to say then...?
Oh wait...you said nothing, that's right...because YOU are just like that. The more frustrated, "frustrated control freaks" get, the more violent they get.
what am I the forum policeman you pillock- i aint gonna hold your hand you whining punk .
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#90717 Dec 27, 2012
TOP JAZZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Marauder! How is it you were able to use your gun, "many, many, many times" for what it was intended and not kill anyone. Do tell. As the gun was not created for target practice - although it's fun if that's your bag. It was not made for hunting - although it became very useful that purpose and was adopted as the primary tool of choice for such activities, right along-side the fishing pole.
E. I. du Pont de Nemours invented gun powder and it was soon after used to launch iron balls and pellets at ones enemy in the course of battle. The company grew quickly, and by the mid 19th century had become the largest supplier of gunpowder to the United States military, supplying half the powder used by the Union Army during the American Civil War.
So there's far too much under the rug, including 20 6 & 7 year-olds to step back and claim that guns were designed for anything else.
Surely it would be less than intelligent to think we could eliminate all guns in the country - knocking on the doors of every house in America. The voice at large isn't saying that - especially in light of the environment that people like you have created in this country, where it really HAS become a matter of protection.
What gets me is when 20 infants get shot multiple times in execution style and people start demanding for ways to prevent that from happening again by reviewing current-day gun laws, you "yea hoo's" storm out of the woodwork as if someone is going to storm your house and take your guns!
Fact is, there's no scandal here, except for the ruthless and self -serving NRA. They're using you dude.....
Uumm...maybe because it performed as intended and expelled a bullet at a high rate of speed at an intended target. "I" didn't kill any one because "I" didn't intend to...that's the difference.

"E. I. du Pont de Nemours invented gun powder and it was soon after used to launch iron balls and pellets at ones enemy in the course of battle. The company grew quickly, and by the mid 19th century had become the largest supplier of gunpowder to the United States military, supplying half the powder used by the Union Army during the American Civil War."

WRONG! I see you are about as ignorant on gunpowder as you are guns. Gunpowder was discovered in the quest for the secrets of "eternal life" in 156-87 BC.

It was discovered by the Chinese; "Emperor Wu Di (156-87 B.C.) of the Han dynasty financed research done by the alchemists on the secrets of eternal life. The alchemists experimented with the sulphur and saltpeter heating the substances in order to transform them."

"During the 8th century Tang dynasty, sulphur and saltpeter were first combined with charcoal to create an explosive called huoyao or gunpowder. A substance that did not encourage eternal life, however, gunpowder was used to treat skin diseases and as a fumigant to kill insects before its advantage as a weapon was made clear."

So there's far too much BS, that gets thrown around by "frustrated control freaks" that don't have a clue. They claim that guns are the problem and never look at any other factors. They are blinded by their own fear and hate that they can't see the facts.

Fact is, there's no scandal here, except for the ignorance of the "frustrated control freaks" that don't get the facts before they speak...just like YOU just did here.

"...ruthless and self -serving NRA. They're using you dude....."

NO...they are not...I'm not even a member...so much for your unfounded accusations.
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#90718 Dec 27, 2012
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
SEE!!!...there it is again... YOU POS "frustrated control freak". All gun owners want is to be left alone to enjoy their sports. YOU, wanting to control the legal and Constitutionally protected rights of others, wish violence upon others..."..would love to see them shoot each other."
ALL you lying POS "frustrated control freaks" say YOU are so full of love for your fellow man and turn around and talk BS other the other side of your mouth.
Why can't I just be a control freak? Why do I have to be frustrated too?

All gun owners want is to be left alone? Why do they run around killing people?

Talking out of both sides of your mouth is an art form. I'm sure you do it all the time, Ma.

Location hidden

#90719 Dec 27, 2012
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Awe...poor baby...and all you have is the words that you can throw out on an internet forum. Too bad...still got guns...still got ammo...still got high capcity mags. Wife even called me at work yesterday...asking how many 30 rd mags she should get...lol...she was checking out and wanted to make sure she was geting enough...lol.
hmm spend your money how you want you jackass - get her to get you an rpg launcher too - sure it will come in handy - you and her can have a shoot out with the kids -- knock yourselves out you twat - ha ha ha
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#90720 Dec 27, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I push in my whole stack and wager that there was NOT a single solitary criminal in those lines.
Not a one.
Try again.
You don't know that. You are guessing.

“" BITE ME "”

Since: Dec 10

Olney township

#90721 Dec 27, 2012
tinydropthestickgooddog wrote:
<quoted text>
hmm spend your money how you want you jackass - get her to get you an rpg launcher too - sure it will come in handy - you and her can have a shoot out with the kids -- knock yourselves out you twat - ha ha ha
--AND

If all else failed, they could use it to shovel reindeer poop.

--PERHAPS

Even visit with friends in "Jack's Hole"
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#90722 Dec 27, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be very proud of your wife.
I am...extremely.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#90723 Dec 27, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
While you're at it Einstein, riddle me this:
How has it come to pass, given the fact that the laws of mathematics are pretty much solid, that there were 114% MORE people that voted for Barack Obama in the state of Colorado, than there are registered voters in the state of Colorado?
How can that be?
Of course it can but only in your whacked out wingnuz universe :-/
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#90724 Dec 27, 2012
tinydropthestickgooddog wrote:
<quoted text>
what am I the forum policeman you pillock- i aint gonna hold your hand you whining punk .
Oh, but of course YOU agreed with that comment so you don't say anything. YOU don't like it when we get back in your face so don't go whining about how mean and nasty "we" are when you bring it upon yourself..."frustrated control freak".
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#90725 Dec 27, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't I just be a control freak? Why do I have to be frustrated too?
All gun owners want is to be left alone? Why do they run around killing people?
Talking out of both sides of your mouth is an art form. I'm sure you do it all the time, Ma.
Because, you're not. Because you are.

Well the last one making big news was a convicted felon and should have been dead in 1981 after he killed his grand mother with a hammer. The one before that stolen the guns he used from his mother and killed her.
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#90726 Dec 27, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Pahuska Sapa - AKA - Long Hair - AKA - Yellow Hair - AKA - General George Armstrong Custer, was an idiot, plain and simple.
He got his entire regiment slaughtered because he was so hell bent on making a name for himself that he ignored common sense, abandoned being "well regulated", charged into an abyss chock full of valiant warriors that killed them all, save a couple, and did in fact make a name for himself.
He was going for "famous", but was forced into infamy.
We remember his name though.
<smile>
You could be right. The indian scouts he used had their own agenda and maybe lied to him about the enormous indian village.
The men/boys in his command were all slaughtered. You have to remember that he was betrayed by the other men that were supposed to support him. He might have had a chance if they hadn't chickened out.
There is no doubt about it. He was smart and he was fearless. After he saw the enormous village, he could have turned around and left, but he didn't because he was fearless. He knew he was going to die. Impressive to say the least.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 4 min payme 1,562
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min District 1 222,605
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min replaytime 205,063
News Who is the real 'racist,' Clinton or Trump? Thi... 28 min littleoleladyfrom... 52
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 29 min John Galt 1,419,330
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 48 min Jay 239,561
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr Brian_G 15,987
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Yeah 393,301
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 3 hr Surgit Tempestas 7,854
News News 14 Mins Ago Trump rebukes racism claims as... 4 hr littleoleladyfrom... 78
More from around the web