It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,342

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Read more
The SuperHeroes

Anonymous Proxy

#84456 Dec 11, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Said the insufferable, crass bitch from 'down under.'
So, is that 'down under' a dingo, or a 'roo today, animal diddler?
Does your day get ruined when there are no stories for you crow about? Probably.
Imagine that: YOU are down and out, dejected even, when there are no death to be reported upon.
But then YOU ARE thoroughly ELATED to broadcast the deaths of innocents, and YOU BROADCAST that fact.
Yet you have the unmitigated temerity to cast aspersions at others.
YOU are ONE SICK BASTARD/BITCH!
Exclusive: Dr Fraud is.......

Cerberus - Cerberus is a giant three-headed dog.

In Greek and Roman mythology, Cerberus, or Kerberos, was a three-headed dog-like beast with a serpent's tail and was responsible for guarding the gates of Hades and keeping spirits from leaving.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2012040...
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

#84458 Dec 11, 2012
The SuperHeroes wrote:
<quoted text>
Exclusive: Dr Fraud is.......
Cerberus - Cerberus is a giant three-headed dog.
In Greek and Roman mythology, Cerberus, or Kerberos, was a three-headed dog-like beast with a serpent's tail and was responsible for guarding the gates of Hades and keeping spirits from leaving.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2012040...
Sock puppets ^galore^.
The SuperHeroes

Anonymous Proxy

#84459 Dec 11, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Sock puppets ^galore^.
Stockholm, next Dr Cerberus, or Copenhagen?

Must say your Good Aussie Mad Dog SWITCHERS are even more mobile than you, on their CAI' BANG CARLSBERG !!! OOOHOHOHOHOHOOOOOO ...world tour.
Guppy

Bristol, PA

#84461 Dec 12, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Please explain how many white men were in this country at the outbreak of hostility with the indians. 10 solders to 100 indians you did read the WHOLE post didn't you? REPEATERS and REVOLVERS don't need reloading after every shot. Then came the cannon and Gatling gun. The bow of the time was not even close to the european long bow which was not close to the crossbow which was not close to the gun. 30 yards was a good shot with the bow the natives had. The gun was deadly past 100 yards and many times the settler carried a long arm and a side arm or more giving him MORE than one shot before reloading. The average battle the indian would have to travel 70 yards under gun fire before getting close enough to return fire, try that sometime and get back to me.
Don't know how many white men were here at the time. You look it up and get back to me. What difference does it make? Most men WERE NOT in the military ~ they lived in big cities.

Yes, they needed to reload AFTER each shot. Yes, at some point they got better weapons. That is a fact. Deal with it.

Yes, they carried a rifle and a side arm. Doesn't help with reloading.

Lots of info, but what does it all mean?f
Guppy

Bristol, PA

#84462 Dec 12, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> But the arms were few and far between and ammo scarce. They faced men who were born and raised around guns and had handle them from an early age. The ammo situation meant the indian could not waste rounds practicing and when he ran out it was very difficult to obtain more (no Walmart around). The indian was also not known for maintaining a gun, exposure to the elements and few if any tools or knowledge of the workings of the gun. Many guns they acquired were rendered useless before they ever saw battle. The "BETTER" gun was a repeater which was chambered with a less powerful and shorter range round than the military single shot like the 45-70
Tracyvon ~ What is your point? You could say the same for the military. They didn't have a Walmart either.
Dupont ~ Merchants of Death.

The indians were not known for maintaining a gun. Where do you get this stuff?
Guppy

Bristol, PA

#84463 Dec 12, 2012
Guppy wrote:
After Jack Ruby killed Oswald, he explained that he killed Oswald to spare Jackie Kennedy the pain of going through a trial.
Does that sound logical to you?
Did the police ASK Oswald if he wanted an attorney? No.

If they had, he would have said Yes.

Did he have one?

No.

Didn't want to get an attorney involved because then the truth would have come out.

Oswald had bruises on his face. Why?

He had a black eye? Why?

Who shot Tippet? sp?

So many unanswered questions.

Arlen Specter ~ the one bullet theory.

The bullet was found at the hospital. On a stretcher? HTH did it get there if it went through Kennedy and Connelly?

Did the government help Marina Oswald after her husband died?

Why can't this be solved once and for all?

Why was Jack Ruby there when they were moving Oswald? That was a coincidence.

Why did Jack Ruby die of lung cancer? He didn't smoke. Second hand smoke? Unlikely.

Why didn't someone shoot Jack Ruby after her shot Oswald? Interesting.

Why did Oswald die after being shot just once? Interesting. Did they let him die?

Why were they moving Oswald? Why wasn't he protected by an army of police? One person was with him? Why not more?

It was nice of Jack Ruby to spare Jackie. Very thoughtful of him. He was a tough guy, but I guess he had a soft heart when it came to women.

Why was Jackie spared? She was wearing a pretty pink suit.

Did Jackie send that suit to the cleaners or did she preserve it as a reminder of what was done to her husband the president.

Did Bobby Kennedy think he was next?

Did he let his guard down?

Why didn't Ethel Kennedy marry again? Did she have too much money and didn't want to share it with a poor guy?

Why did Ethel/Bobby have soooo many kidlets? Was she in competition with her mother-in-law? Maybe.

How did Ethel raise ALL those kids? Must have been bedlam at their house.

Why don't Kennedy's cry? No tear ducts?

Why do WE cry when we think of the Kennedy's? Blowing nose...

If Bobby Kennedy marries this new chick, will he drive her crazy too? Probably.

Why was Joe Kennedy allowed to annul his marriage after two kids and ten years? The catholics are nuts. Do the Kennedy's give a lot of money to the church?

Why?

Can someone tell me?

Why don't the Kennedy's carry guns?

Why did Teddy Kennedy clean up his act?

Why do the Kennedy's ALWAYS get away with stuff?

I need these questions answered.

@#@
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#84464 Dec 12, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the police ASK Oswald if he wanted an attorney? No.
If they had, he would have said Yes.
Did he have one?
No.
Didn't want to get an attorney involved because then the truth would have come out.
Oswald had bruises on his face. Why?
He had a black eye? Why?
Who shot Tippet? sp?
So many unanswered questions.
Arlen Specter ~ the one bullet theory.
The bullet was found at the hospital. On a stretcher? HTH did it get there if it went through Kennedy and Connelly?
Did the government help Marina Oswald after her husband died?
Why can't this be solved once and for all?
Why was Jack Ruby there when they were moving Oswald? That was a coincidence.
Why did Jack Ruby die of lung cancer? He didn't smoke. Second hand smoke? Unlikely.
Why didn't someone shoot Jack Ruby after her shot Oswald? Interesting.
Why did Oswald die after being shot just once? Interesting. Did they let him die?
Why were they moving Oswald? Why wasn't he protected by an army of police? One person was with him? Why not more?
It was nice of Jack Ruby to spare Jackie. Very thoughtful of him. He was a tough guy, but I guess he had a soft heart when it came to women.
Why was Jackie spared? She was wearing a pretty pink suit.
Did Jackie send that suit to the cleaners or did she preserve it as a reminder of what was done to her husband the president.
Did Bobby Kennedy think he was next?
Did he let his guard down?
Why didn't Ethel Kennedy marry again? Did she have too much money and didn't want to share it with a poor guy?
Why did Ethel/Bobby have soooo many kidlets? Was she in competition with her mother-in-law? Maybe.
How did Ethel raise ALL those kids? Must have been bedlam at their house.
Why don't Kennedy's cry? No tear ducts?
Why do WE cry when we think of the Kennedy's? Blowing nose...
If Bobby Kennedy marries this new chick, will he drive her crazy too? Probably.
Why was Joe Kennedy allowed to annul his marriage after two kids and ten years? The catholics are nuts. Do the Kennedy's give a lot of money to the church?
Why?
Can someone tell me?
Why don't the Kennedy's carry guns?
Why did Teddy Kennedy clean up his act?
Why do the Kennedy's ALWAYS get away with stuff?
I need these questions answered.
@#@
The Catholic church didn't annul the marriage because of money given to them by the Kennedy's. The church does that for Catholics period, Kennedy or not. And they will do it more than once for the same person too. I know a guy that has been married three times, the first two were annulled by the church, even though the first marriage produced three children together, and both of the first two marriages they were paying spousal support to the x wives even after the annulments. Yes, it's nutty stuff.

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

#84465 Dec 12, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic church didn't annul the marriage because of money given to them by the Kennedy's. The church does that for Catholics period, Kennedy or not. And they will do it more than once for the same person too. I know a guy that has been married three times, the first two were annulled by the church, even though the first marriage produced three children together, and both of the first two marriages they were paying spousal support to the x wives even after the annulments. Yes, it's nutty stuff.
Yes, a little money makes the sin go away.:-)
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#84466 Dec 12, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know how many white men were here at the time. You look it up and get back to me. What difference does it make? Most men WERE NOT in the military ~ they lived in big cities.
Yes, they needed to reload AFTER each shot. Yes, at some point they got better weapons. That is a fact. Deal with it.
Yes, they carried a rifle and a side arm. Doesn't help with reloading.
Lots of info, but what does it all mean?f
What big cities? When the white man came they formed small settlements. The rate of reloading must have worked because the white man almost annihilated the indians.

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

#84467 Dec 12, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the police ASK Oswald if he wanted an attorney? No.
If they had, he would have said Yes.
Did he have one?
No.
Didn't want to get an attorney involved because then the truth would have come out.
Oswald had bruises on his face. Why?
He had a black eye? Why?
Who shot Tippet? sp?
So many unanswered questions.
Arlen Specter ~ the one bullet theory.
The bullet was found at the hospital. On a stretcher? HTH did it get there if it went through Kennedy and Connelly?
Did the government help Marina Oswald after her husband died?
Why can't this be solved once and for all?
Why was Jack Ruby there when they were moving Oswald? That was a coincidence.
Why did Jack Ruby die of lung cancer? He didn't smoke. Second hand smoke? Unlikely.
Why didn't someone shoot Jack Ruby after her shot Oswald? Interesting.
Why did Oswald die after being shot just once? Interesting. Did they let him die?
Why were they moving Oswald? Why wasn't he protected by an army of police? One person was with him? Why not more?
It was nice of Jack Ruby to spare Jackie. Very thoughtful of him. He was a tough guy, but I guess he had a soft heart when it came to women.
Why was Jackie spared? She was wearing a pretty pink suit.
Did Jackie send that suit to the cleaners or did she preserve it as a reminder of what was done to her husband the president.
Did Bobby Kennedy think he was next?
Did he let his guard down?
Why didn't Ethel Kennedy marry again? Did she have too much money and didn't want to share it with a poor guy?
Why did Ethel/Bobby have soooo many kidlets? Was she in competition with her mother-in-law? Maybe.
How did Ethel raise ALL those kids? Must have been bedlam at their house.
Why don't Kennedy's cry? No tear ducts?
Why do WE cry when we think of the Kennedy's? Blowing nose...
If Bobby Kennedy marries this new chick, will he drive her crazy too? Probably.
Why was Joe Kennedy allowed to annul his marriage after two kids and ten years? The catholics are nuts. Do the Kennedy's give a lot of money to the church?
Why?
Can someone tell me?
Why don't the Kennedy's carry guns?
Why did Teddy Kennedy clean up his act?
Why do the Kennedy's ALWAYS get away with stuff?
I need these questions answered.
@#@
Where does one begin with this one?

No cop in his right mind is going to ask you if you want a lawyer, especially in the pre Miranda Warning days.

Oswald got a black eye because a cop punched him. It isn't a smart thing to assault a cop when being arrested. He was being arrested for the Tippet shooting. Oswald shot Tippet. They didn't know Oswald shot the president when arresting him for Tippet.

The bullet was found on the gurney that carried Connolly. It wasn't all that pristine either.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#84468 Dec 12, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Tracyvon ~ What is your point? You could say the same for the military. They didn't have a Walmart either.
Dupont ~ Merchants of Death.
The indians were not known for maintaining a gun. Where do you get this stuff?
The white man had supply routes and factories. The not only produced guns but the powder and bullets those guns needed, the indians didn't. Primitive guns were made of less than good grade steel. Rusting and parts breaking was common plus a good cleaning after use was required to prevent corrosion due to the chemical make up of black powder and percussion caps.Dupont also makes plastics used in the medical field and chemicals used in drugs that saves lives. WOW you really don't know anything do you?

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

#84469 Dec 12, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
It is very important to remember that there are two types of cholesterol: LDL, and HDL. The LDL is produced by hydrogenated vegetable oils, margarines, and other oils which should not be used in anything, especially high heat cooking.
With the exception of olive oil, all the other 'modern,' i.e.,'manufactured'/highly processed, cooking oils should be avoided like the plague!
Heating olive oil changes its structure, causing it to lose nutritional content, and may be implicated in adverse health effects in long-term consumption.
The two oils which ARE highly recommended for high heat cooking (such a frying), are red palm oil, and coconut oil. Red palm oil is supreme, tastes great, and is the highest in vitamins A & E. Both these oils are highly nutritious, imparting excellent health benefits.
The importance of HDL cholesterol in the body simply cannot be overstated, because it is absolutely necessary for many bodily processes, and for brain health. A goodly portion of the brain is made of HDL cholesterol, and any attempt to lower ALL cholesterol is asking for trouble big time.
The LDL cholesterol is the one which is responsible for hardening of the arteries (arterial plaque), and the leading cause of both heart attacks and strokes.
The bottom line: If it's not red palm oil, or coconut oil, avoid it like the plague. Use olive oil for low temperature cooking only, of for salad dressings.
And pick the right parents. That is the most important health care choice you can make!!!!!!! ;)

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

#84470 Dec 12, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> You still forgot to explain how a nation that out numbered their enemy at over a thousand to one lost.
Smallpox. Some estimates have 100 million 1st people here when Columbus brought some old world diseases over. They at one time had a huge city stae on the missippi, bigger than most Eurpean cities at that time. They did not have the resources to cultivation, transportation, or Gov to compete with the old world.
Guns Germs and Steel is a fantastic book on early civilization.

By the time the pilrims were trying to eat turkey here, some estimates have 90% of the Indians being dead by then.
Plus, the only real organization here was the Iriquois Nation, and they were just loosely aligned.
If disease had not wiped them out, things would probably be a little different.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

#84471 Dec 12, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again. The indians were armed.
First Mr Colt went bankrupt and then he became rich.
White man had disease? Surely you jest.
Indians had lice. The other indians would pick the lice off and eat them. Yum.
Oh for Gods sake.
Now you are just nit picking!!!

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

#84472 Dec 12, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
The Prosecuters are alledging that Zimmerman got out of his car and followed Marting after profiling him.
http://news.yahoo.com/prosecutors-zimmerman-i...
I listened to the 911 tape (not the editted version put out by the liberal news).

The dispatcher asked if the "perp" was black, Z did not "volunteer" that info.
When the 911 guy asks Z if he is following T, you can tell the phone is "swishing back and forth" from the wind sound it made, as if Z is walking fast, he is also breathing heavier.
When Z says "OK" to the 911 request "you should not do that (follow him) Z says Ok. The noises on the phone are consisatnt to what you would hear from someone moving a lot more slowly (we do not KNOW if Z is heading back to the truck, but he is moving slower, which makes me think he is heading for a staionary object, like the truck, and not a movign object, like T).
Z's statements change from sounding like he is pursuing someoen to he has lost sight of someone.
As someone who has hunted people while they were hunting me, everything Z said reminds me of pursuit or withdrawing.

That is why I "believe" Z did what he was told to do, after he was told.

As for Trayvon being a thug, I "believe" he was one, but only at the moment he had Z on the ground and kept hitting him (per eyewitness account). That is how thugs fight.

Excpet for that, we have no evidence he was doing anything but going to the store to get some munchies after he "burned one" on the way to the store.
That would also explain why he walked to the store, IN THE RAIN, rather than drive. He did not want dads car to smell like a doobie.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

#84473 Dec 12, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no! Ziggy is back and he's picking on me.
Where have you been? I've been trying to call you, but it always goes to voicemail.
***
That is correct. I got that phone for my convienence.

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

#84474 Dec 12, 2012
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
I listened to the 911 tape (not the editted version put out by the liberal news).
The dispatcher asked if the "perp" was black, Z did not "volunteer" that info.
When the 911 guy asks Z if he is following T, you can tell the phone is "swishing back and forth" from the wind sound it made, as if Z is walking fast, he is also breathing heavier.
When Z says "OK" to the 911 request "you should not do that (follow him) Z says Ok. The noises on the phone are consisatnt to what you would hear from someone moving a lot more slowly (we do not KNOW if Z is heading back to the truck, but he is moving slower, which makes me think he is heading for a staionary object, like the truck, and not a movign object, like T).
Z's statements change from sounding like he is pursuing someoen to he has lost sight of someone.
As someone who has hunted people while they were hunting me, everything Z said reminds me of pursuit or withdrawing.
That is why I "believe" Z did what he was told to do, after he was told.
As for Trayvon being a thug, I "believe" he was one, but only at the moment he had Z on the ground and kept hitting him (per eyewitness account). That is how thugs fight.
Excpet for that, we have no evidence he was doing anything but going to the store to get some munchies after he "burned one" on the way to the store.
That would also explain why he walked to the store, IN THE RAIN, rather than drive. He did not want dads car to smell like a doobie.
Liberals down under are the conservative types. Labor and the Greens would be closer to our liberals. Just so as not to confuse Aho.:-)
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

#84475 Dec 12, 2012
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, a little money makes the sin go away.:-)
Apparently it does. Early on in Church history, they accepted what's known as 'indulgences' from the wealthy, or anyone who could pay sufficiently, in order to have his sins blessed, i.e., buy one's way into Heaven.
If you're interested, here's an interesting article on the matter:
http://catholicbridge.com/catholic/indulgence...
Other than that, back in ye olden days of yore, there was also such a thing as 'sin eaters.'
See this too:
http://www.logoi.com/notes/sin-eaters.html

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

#84476 Dec 12, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
That was last week. On two different occasions you posted the same thing twice with a little bit of tweaking. Thought you were into the sauce in a big way. Were you?
What killed Abe Lincoln?
What killed JFK?
Cerebral Hemorrhage.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

#84478 Dec 12, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Massive blood loss, and a sudden reduction in the amount of grey matter in their cranium.
Ding ding ding.

Correct answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama discusses drug war with 'The Wire' creator 2 min barefoot2626 14
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min red and right 319,858
News Does Obama need a new strategy to fight ISIS? 3 min Silent Echo 113
News Latest on Ferguson: Civil rights leaders condem... 3 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 1,591
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min USAsince1680 1,205,831
News Russia providing arms to Ukrainian separatists:... 14 min NAZTY Ukraine 374
News Bill Clinton's 'flaws' the subject of off-Broad... 15 min Far Away 2
News Child of Lesbian Moms Says Same-Sex Marriage Is... 32 min St Rick Saintpornum 496
News Ted Cruz Announces White House Bid 32 min mjjcpa 221
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 39 min DanFromSmithville 154,532
More from around the web