It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103292 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

#84490 Dec 12, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Zig's been working out in the prison weight room and he is flexing his muscles.
Hate to break it to you, but the Indians were stealing guns and rifles for a long time. After they killed the Americans, they stole, gun, rifles, uniforms, horses and equipment. That went on for a long time.
They would dress up in the American uniforms and totally confuse the Americans. They were crafty.
Broom sticks?
Boom Sticks, you thundering moron.

Have you never heard of google????? Is your internet blocked by the warden???

http://movieclips.com/kNZ2D-army-of-darkness-...
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84491 Dec 12, 2012
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Cerebral Hemorrhage.
What caused the cerebral hemorrhage?

Are you a nurse practisanal? Can't spell.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

#84492 Dec 12, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You and I think very differently.
I think like people have for thousands of years, you think like people that have been trained by liberal public schools, IE to rely on some great gov authority to protect you.
The village is what is important. A family makes uo that village. Strangers are a danger, until proven otherwise.
One of the villagers saw a "suspicious character". Checking out suspuiscious characters is something villagers have been doing for thousands of years, and is a very important evolutionary tool.
A: And you only have the so called word of someone that has experience neighborhood break ins by living in that closed community....a lone black kid in a hoody would no doubt be seen as a threat...but reporting suspicious behaviour and applying that behaviour to this kid was unsubstantiated and bias....Covering each others arse is another thing village people do when the shit hits the fan as well to the point of murder and bigotry...
Everything Z did is something I would like to think anyone in my neighborhood would do.
A: No it isn't because you don't know what he did....you are making the mistake every person with bias does especially when you don't actually know the facts, you weren't there....so you also in your own way, have the same village mentality when a like minded person does what you would have done it is easier to justify his actions and not see them as they are and in this case it points to murder.....
Unfortunately, most of my neighbors are liberals who would not even call the law if they heard screaming in their back yard.
A: you don't have to be a liberal to investigate noises in your back yard, but you might to take matters into your own hand to the point of murder.
Since Trayvon was a "visitor", he had no right to expect to wonder freely thru the village without being confronted. Even the "gangs" understand that concept.
A: I agree.....but there is no evidence to support that he was ever asked what he was doing there or if he had been ordered off either.
Since Z was a villager, he had an obligation to check out the stranger.
A: An obligation to check out yes, not to take matters into his own hands.....
Since that is not part of your thinking process, Z will always be the villian to you, and T will be the hero.
Which is a counter evolutionary way of thinking At least according to me and history.
A: Not true, I understand self defence and I also understand murder, and I look at as much of the evidence as it stands, and I try to put myself in "both" their shoes to work out what happened, and Zimmermans story doesn't add up....there are holes that appear like untruths....if they fill them in then I might think differently but I have read the transcrips in full and heard the accounts and Z is either leaving things out or he is hiding something....No you jump, the gun history isn't finished with Z yet, you will have to re-write history if he is found guilty...and at this time I believe they will....
Tens of thousands, not hundreds (unless you include the "Atlanteans".
Churchill once said,
If you are not a liberal as a young man, you have no heart.
If you are not a conservative as an old man, you have no brain.
I have both. Guess which one you are missing.
I know we need people like to be optimists in a world with a very thin veneer of civilization.
I also know we need people like me.
" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "
Orwell.
I am no longer ready, but I can visit violence on those who would do me or my family harm.
I can only hope you are also capable of that. Also understand that I would not choose to look for trouble. Z looked for trouble, but he did not look for a thug to try and kill him.
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84493 Dec 12, 2012
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Boom Sticks, you thundering moron.
Have you never heard of google????? Is your internet blocked by the warden???
http://movieclips.com/kNZ2D-army-of-darkness-...
Interesting movie clip. I thought you were talking about a witch on her broomstick.
Oh.

Who might be the warden?

Yes, I have used google. It's been a while though. I never know what to type in the box. Why, do you?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#84494 Dec 12, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason the THUG bashed his head into the ground is because Zim probably started the fight.
And what evidence do you have that even remotely proves that???
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84495 Dec 12, 2012
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh for Gods sake.
Now you are just nit picking!!!
Ha!

Wonder what they taste like? Have you tried them?

Since: Jan 11

Abingdon, VA

#84496 Dec 12, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Her case stands on the word, "probably". Reasonable doubt. End of story.
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84497 Dec 12, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> What big cities? When the white man came they formed small settlements. The rate of reloading must have worked because the white man almost annihilated the indians.
Tracyvon,
Big cities on the east coast such as Washington DC and New York City. The indians were always surprised at the amount of people living there.

A lot of the white men who formed small settlements were Germans. They were in for a big shock. They had to live in fear. Some left.

Abingdon, VA

#84498 Dec 12, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently it does. Early on in Church history, they accepted what's known as 'indulgences' from the wealthy, or anyone who could pay sufficiently, in order to have his sins blessed, i.e., buy one's way into Heaven.
If you're interested, here's an interesting article on the matter:
http://catholicbridge.com/catholic/indulgence...
Other than that, back in ye olden days of yore, there was also such a thing as 'sin eaters.'
See this too:
http://www.logoi.com/notes/sin-eaters.html
I may have eaten a lot of sin, Miller and me.:-)
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84499 Dec 12, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Intuition. It always works for me.

The whole story will never be known, because Zim will make something up. He's in a heap of trouble.

Thank you for your comment.
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84500 Dec 12, 2012
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Her case stands on the word, "probably". Reasonable doubt. End of story.
Teaman does the same thing as the Zigmeister. Hmmm.

Abingdon, VA

#84501 Dec 12, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Teaman does the same thing as the Zigmeister. Hmmm.
You wouldn't want to be locked up for the rest of your for something that probably happened, do you?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#84502 Dec 12, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Intuition. It always works for me.
The whole story will never be known, because Zim will make something up. He's in a heap of trouble.
Thank you for your comment.
Just as I thought.......you have nothing. Go into a court of law with your "intuition" and see how far you get.
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84503 Dec 12, 2012
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't want to be locked up for the rest of your for something that probably happened, do you?
Huh?
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84504 Dec 12, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I thought.......you have nothing. Go into a court of law with your "intuition" and see how far you get.
Only smart people have intuition. Enough said.
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84505 Dec 12, 2012
Put on your seat belts.

In 1983 fire ravaged the Little Bighorn Battlefield. This provided a team of archaeologists and volunteers with the chance to sweep the denuded site with metal detectors and analyze what they found.
In addition to buttons, picket pins, bones, bits of clothing, and other assorted objects the archaeologists found dozens of shell casings.

The casings were analyzed by weapons experts who determined that in addition to the Springfield carbines and Colt revolvers fired by the soldiers, THERE WERE FORTY-THREE ADDITIONAL TYPES OF WEAPONS USED BY THE INDIANS. Some of these were old-style muzzle loaders and single-shot rifles, but a STARTLINGLY LARGE NUMBER OF WARRIORS, PERHAPS AS MANY AS THREE HUNDRED, POSSESSED MODERN REPEATING RIFLES MANUFACTURED BY HENRY AND WINCHESTER CAPABLE OF FIRING SEVENTEEN ROUNDS WITHOUT RELOADING.

Custer's battalion, with its SINGLE-SHOT CARBINES, was OVERWHELMINGLY OUTGUNNED.

GEE, ain't that sumthin.

I hate to say it, but.........ya'll are wrong.

Lalalalalalalalalala.
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84506 Dec 12, 2012
I'm getting embarrassed for y'all.

Bedlam of a buffalo hunt.

While we were charging on one side - our companions attacked the bewildered and panic-stricken herd on the other. The uproar and confusion lasted but a moment. The dust cleared away, and the buffalo could be seen scattering as from a common centre, flying over the plain singly, or in long files and small compact bodies, while behind them followed the INDIANS RIDING AT FURIOUS SPEED, AND YELLING AS THEY LAUNCHED ARROW AFTER ARROW INTO THEIR SIDES.

No cliff?

Well, I'll be darned, arrows can KILL buffalo. Wonders never cease.

Someone should pick up a book and ACTUALLY try reading about the indians, instead of using Google.
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84507 Dec 12, 2012
Everyone THINKS the white man was sooo horrible.

With the signing of the Treaty of 1868, the U.S. government granted the Lakota most of the modern state of South Dakota, along with hunting rights to more then TWENTY-TWO MILLION ACRES of prime buffalo territory.

The following year, Red Cloud and Spotted Tail, the leaders of two of the largest bands of the Lakota, the Oglala and the Brule, respectively, DECIDED that is was in their people's BEST INTEREST to move to government-created reservations in northern Nebraska.

Phew! The truth finally comes out.

Let them eat cake.
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84508 Dec 12, 2012
Everyone who lied - is in hiding.
Tray

Pontotoc, MS

#84509 Dec 12, 2012
Guppy wrote:
Put on your seat belts.
In 1983 fire ravaged the Little Bighorn Battlefield. This provided a team of archaeologists and volunteers with the chance to sweep the denuded site with metal detectors and analyze what they found.
In addition to buttons, picket pins, bones, bits of clothing, and other assorted objects the archaeologists found dozens of shell casings.
The casings were analyzed by weapons experts who determined that in addition to the Springfield carbines and Colt revolvers fired by the soldiers, THERE WERE FORTY-THREE ADDITIONAL TYPES OF WEAPONS USED BY THE INDIANS. Some of these were old-style muzzle loaders and single-shot rifles, but a STARTLINGLY LARGE NUMBER OF WARRIORS, PERHAPS AS MANY AS THREE HUNDRED, POSSESSED MODERN REPEATING RIFLES MANUFACTURED BY HENRY AND WINCHESTER CAPABLE OF FIRING SEVENTEEN ROUNDS WITHOUT RELOADING.
Custer's battalion, with its SINGLE-SHOT CARBINES, was OVERWHELMINGLY OUTGUNNED.
GEE, ain't that sumthin.
I hate to say it, but.........ya'll are wrong.
Lalalalalalalalalala.
One battle between the white man and indian out of how many where the indian was slaughtered?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
_Drake aka Bankroll Chigga // The Most High 6 min Anonymous 5
miguel & dvsn` tour! 7 min Anonymous 4
News Why we need the Michigan Poor Peoplea s Campaign 26 min lol 1
News The End of Civil Rights 28 min lol 25
News Obama's lack of response may have emboldened Ru... 32 min Corwainer Trout 2
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 37 min Cassandra_ 6,770
News California to defend immigration laws against T... 39 min Bama Yankee 21
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 43 min Hypocrite watch 87,855
News Melania Trump says US should govern - with hear... 47 min fish and poi 332
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr RoxLo 1,781,554
News Trump digs in on immigration despite outrage 2 hr FullBillFartmoon 91
News Trump again blames Dems for forced separation o... 4 hr HillaryVagrantfarts 222