It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103324 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#84303 Dec 10, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where your ignorance come in...I am not taking just her opinion on Americans, I was doing that before she came on the scene...might help if YOU don't make the same assumptions you are accusing me of. And I am making sweeping general statements to make my point....and to get a desired reaction ...How smart do you feel now?
"to get a desired reaction".....does that reaction require lube? SO sad you have to "get a reaction" from a computer....I've heard of people like that, just few that would admit it! Now do you take the vacuum to your room and tell mom not to interrupt you while you're cleaning your room as well?
Later doofus!
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84305 Dec 10, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing wrong with Rudd...just the backstabbers he chose to support...
Can't always play the blame game.

Yes, there is a Lot wrong with Rudd.
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84306 Dec 10, 2012
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please Sir, please, can I answer that ?, I had my hand up first.
YES SPIDER, GO AHEAD.
Is it because boys are evolved girls ?, and therefore smarter.
SIT DOWN, YOU STUPID BOY.
hahahahaha. very funny. didn't know you had a sense of humor.
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84307 Dec 10, 2012
DuPont ~~~ Merchants of Death.
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84308 Dec 10, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> You still forgot to explain how a nation that out numbered their enemy at over a thousand to one lost.
I never said that. Didn't know that statistic. Someone else did.

Chop/chop
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84309 Dec 10, 2012
I remember Tinka. She was unforgettable.
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84310 Dec 10, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Wow. You are in a debate and you don't even know the subject? Not very bright are you?
What are we debating? Whether the buffalo were unarmed. I'm pretty sure they were.
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84311 Dec 10, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
"to get a desired reaction".....does that reaction require lube? SO sad you have to "get a reaction" from a computer....I've heard of people like that, just few that would admit it! Now do you take the vacuum to your room and tell mom not to interrupt you while you're cleaning your room as well?
Later doofus!
Don't understand the vacuum comment. Care to explain?

Ms. X ~ is definitely not your typical MOTHER.
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84312 Dec 10, 2012
Tinka wrote:
Recklessly they put the meat through stress is what I think meat used to taste better ...
Maybe it's my taster maybe I am stressed because I know how they get done with the Cattle...? Maybe that's it...meat used to taste better before hu some knews there...
Tinker,
They didn't kill and eat cattle. It was buffalo.
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#84313 Dec 10, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't understand the vacuum comment. Care to explain?
Ms. X ~ is definitely not your typical MOTHER.
It was the result of making a "sweeping general statement" in hopes of getting the "desired results" from the poster. Don't worry, it must have went over your head.

Just what is a "typical MOTHER?
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84314 Dec 10, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the result of making a "sweeping general statement" in hopes of getting the "desired results" from the poster. Don't worry, it must have went over your head.
Just what is a "typical MOTHER?
X ~ I don't always understand the crude stuff. You certainly do.

Typical mother? Not you.

Not worried, but thank you for thinking of me.
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84315 Dec 10, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was that Indian's were not just some neanderthal idiots running around with sticks and rocks like was being suggested. No they were not armed to handle the modern weapons of the white man, nor the diseases of the white man.
"gun factory"......I wonder if that might have been funny if not so stupid.....hmmmm......NOPE, it was just stupid.
Once again. The indians were armed.

First Mr Colt went bankrupt and then he became rich.

White man had disease? Surely you jest.

Indians had lice. The other indians would pick the lice off and eat them. Yum.
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#84316 Dec 10, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
X ~ I don't always understand the crude stuff. You certainly do.
Typical mother? Not you.
Not worried, but thank you for thinking of me.
I would not want to be considered a "typical" mother. I really hope my kids would consider me a good mother, maybe even a great mom, either way the last thing I would want is to be "typical". You really should strive to be better than typical yourself. No one should just settle for what amounts to average, espeically when it is involving the kind of parent you are.
Tray

Pontotoc, MS

#84317 Dec 10, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was that Indian's were not just some neanderthal idiots running around with sticks and rocks like was being suggested. No they were not armed to handle the modern weapons of the white man, nor the diseases of the white man.
"gun factory"......I wonder if that might have been funny if not so stupid.....hmmmm......NOPE, it was just stupid.
That was in response to indians having guns. When the white man came the indian had a stick with a rock on the end.
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84318 Dec 10, 2012
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Statin can have bad side effects,,not all cholesterol is bad, infact we need it. I think the Doc is saying there may be a better way, perhaps with less reliance on man made drugs.
Thanks for the reply.

I eat very little fat. Although, you wouldn't know it to look at me.

I have tried diet, Niaspan, and there was something? else. Can't remember.

I am doomed to have clogged arteries...

12:36 pm Cloudy, mild, soggy and it was pretty foggy.

Good for your skin though.
Tray

Pontotoc, MS

#84319 Dec 10, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
What are we debating? Whether the buffalo were unarmed. I'm pretty sure they were.
The debate is when people or a nation dis arms they become prey for any and all who would want to enslave or slaughter them. Let's pretend for a second the American Indian had been armed with F18 Hornets, do you think history would be the same? I personally believe I'll hold on to my guns just in case.
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84320 Dec 10, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not want to be considered a "typical" mother. I really hope my kids would consider me a good mother, maybe even a great mom, either way the last thing I would want is to be "typical". You really should strive to be better than typical yourself. No one should just settle for what amounts to average, espeically when it is involving the kind of parent you are.
No such thing as a great mother. We ALL have our faults. Some more than others.

You seem to have a dirty mind. I wonder what your kids would think if they read what you write on here? They would surely blush and they would probably say ~ EWW Mom ~ EWW Mom!

I do my best. That's all I can do.
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84321 Dec 10, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> That was in response to indians having guns. When the white man came the indian had a stick with a rock on the end.
The rock was in the shape of an arrow. Could kill ya.
Yeah

Huntsville, AL

#84322 Dec 10, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> The debate is when people or a nation dis arms they become prey for any and all who would want to enslave or slaughter them. Let's pretend for a second the American Indian had been armed with F18 Hornets, do you think history would be the same? I personally believe I'll hold on to my guns just in case.
let's pretend LOL.

How about being rational?
Guppy

Gadsden, AL

#84323 Dec 10, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> The debate is when people or a nation dis arms they become prey for any and all who would want to enslave or slaughter them. Let's pretend for a second the American Indian had been armed with F18 Hornets, do you think history would be the same? I personally believe I'll hold on to my guns just in case.
Tracyvon,

Are you a girl or a boy?

F18 Hornets? I think history would NOT be the same. But on the other hand.

Yes, hold onto your guns. You never know when some bad man will break into your house or car jack you. Make sure it's either in you pocket or in your hand at all times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Republican Party is dead 3 min WasteWater 815
News Mississippi Governor Signs Law Allowing Busines... 3 min WasteWater 516
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Nuculur option 1,384,400
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min Taletha 16 384,721
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 6 min cubeshaker 1,196
News Striking Verizon workers to return Wednesday; d... 6 min Synque 7
News N.M. Veterans Memorial 6 min Concho 4
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Cornelius Scudmister 225,307
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 17 min barefoot2626 1,116
More from around the web