It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments (Page 3,940)

Showing posts 78,781 - 78,800 of103,233
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Guppy

Morrisville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you whining that 8500 criminals kill each other every year in the US??
Are you jealous that not enough criminals are killing each other. DC, Chicago and Ca certainly have their fair share.
Judge and Jury?

How do you know there were 8500 criminals who killed each other?

Wineing? I would never do that.
Guppy

Morrisville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

WMCOL wrote:
The homicide comparisons between England/Wales and the USA clearly show that if there is a problem it is a violence problem, not a gun problem.
There's a huge disparity in gun homicides between the two places but almost no difference in overall homicide rates. But will say again, if the person is not killed with a gun they are much less dead, so thinks the anti-gun faction.
Have you been drinking? You posted basically the same thing twice.

Christmas Cheer?
Guppy

Morrisville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you whining that 8500 criminals kill each other every year in the US??
Are you jealous that not enough criminals are killing each other. DC, Chicago and Ca certainly have their fair share.
Dearest Zig,

I know it's the Christmas Season, but could you refrain from posting the same things over and over. You seem to just tweak it a bit.

Bottoms Up!

ps ~ yes, i am jealous. does that make you feel better.....aw, such a sweet boy.
Guppy

Morrisville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you whine abotu 8500 criminals getting killed by other criminals????
Are you related to all of them????
Yes, I am related to MOST of them. At least I hope I am.

What happened to your previous avatar? The picture of you in a white dress. I liked that one better.

That dress featured you!
Guppy

Morrisville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
NICE!!!
Reminds me of assho, bunny, and illogical.
They are the pigs in Animal Farm, who say "every animal is equal", but some animals are more equal.
Honey ~ Why do you call me a Pig? Do I snort like one?
Guppy

Morrisville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it you aren't going to post what else Australians have done today.....you know, that nurse/suicide incident. Where's the link Aussie? You know, just in case someone hadn't heard.
OMG! Did they cure cancer?
Guppy

Morrisville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Do yourself a favor then. The next time you need help...do NOT call 9-1-1. Why?? Because bad men WITH GUNS will show up and want to help you. And since guns are the root of all evil (according to you), we wouldn't want you to have a heart-attack or stroke because a gun is near. Really...it's for your own good.
Oh?

Isn't that why we pay taxes?

Maybe I should call the good fairy and she will sprinkle fairy dust on us.
Guppy

Morrisville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Oh, must be the weekend and everyone is off.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! Bigoted much???
No, Not bigoted, just an honest and accurate observer of the human condition.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And ^that^ is nothing but pure PROJECTION, you racist POS.
where have I ever claimed not to be a racist...tell me after 911 that you didn't use racism against bin laden...or his race in genera,l and label all muslims in the same basket...well did you punk?

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
What you say has merit, and indeed Zimmerman may be a wannabe cop.
My question to you is, when do you give up the right to defend yourself from someone trying to kill you?
There are specifics in the law here in NC. I am interested in your opinion.
This actually isn't about giving up the right to defend yourself, this is about a guy who ignored advice of police not to follow a posible threat, so he could play at being a hero to his community with dire consequences that could have been avoided.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
The photo of the bloody head was available a couple of weeks after the incident. You just won't see it on the liberal news. I found it on a UK source. The liberal news had already plastered the low res photos that did not show wounds to prove their point.
The liberal news hates it when it gets caught in a lie.
I didn't spot those pics till just recently, thanks for the info, but the pics change nothing for me as I never believed and altercation didn't occur....I just have my idea of how it went down judging on the facts as they come....Zimmerman said that Martin grabbed for his gun in the altercation that took place....that appears to be a lie because they have proved there is no DNA on the gun from Martin which supports Zimmermans accounts...which keeps my theory of him being the one that instigated it all, against expert advice, and it got out of hand.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm.
We speculate that the thug banging Z's head on the sidewalk will kill Z, and you call that pure speculation.
You specualte that Z somehow confronted the thug until he was provoked enough to attack Z, and you have no evidence, and you call our theory "pure speculation".
We base our guess on known facts, you base you guess on things you made up.
Hmmm.
I go with the facts.
You are assuming this kid to be a thug in this instance when most of the evidence is that it was Zimmerman with his record and behaviour that was thuggish....he got out of his car and an altercation took place...stands to reason the kid was miffed...look at it from both sides....if that was you that some guy in this case Zimmerman was following, what would you have done.... if you felt confident about being there and were being followed...you would have stopped turned and asked what the guy wanted and when asked what you were doing there and you explained and the guy didn't accept your explanation, you would have told him to piss off, because you had a legit right to be there. It is all speculation on the information given and everyone has an opinion, it is human nature to want to take a side of the person that fits your idea of the norm rather than seek justice.
That is why we have a jury of our peers...
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't spot those pics till just recently, thanks for the info, but the pics change nothing for me as I never believed and altercation didn't occur....I just have my idea of how it went down judging on the facts as they come....Zimmerman said that Martin grabbed for his gun in the altercation that took place....that appears to be a lie because they have proved there is no DNA on the gun from Martin which supports Zimmermans accounts...which keeps my theory of him being the one that instigated it all, against expert advice, and it got out of hand.
Reach for the stars!!! Grabbing FOR something is not the same as grabbed it. You can reach for something and yet not reach it. You won't leave DNA just for the attempt.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuses/Excuses
Can't take the blame, can you?
Own up to it.
Y'all screwed up royally.
Now you are blaming the USA.
Stop sucking up.
It's humiliating.
It took you YEARS to find out you were duped? Ah.....don't believe it.
Johnny, why did you hit that poor little boy? Mum! They told me to! Johnny! Think for yourself! Don't be pushed around! But, Mum! I was too stupid to know better! You just wanted to impress your friends! Admit it! You're right mum! I wanted to be one of the boys! Grow up Johnny and take the blame! OK mum.....Shaking head.
Actually I am blaming the US because it was to blame for it's lies and deciet....but if you note I am (unlike yanks) also blaming my government here at the time(Howard) for ignoring the advice of it's own intelligence who was giving advice contrary to the CIA which turned out to be accurate...but America or it's government or it's people would not listen to Australia in such matters, they had righteous on their side they were going after those to get at Bin Laden (manipulation at it's best) get it right fish!....You are being to overly simplistic....if your friend was bashed by another boy and your freind was angry and hurt and wanted to go and attack that person he said had committed the injury but he needed your support, you would give him your support because he is your friend and you trust that he has the right information because he was the one involved and he was the one injured, why would he lie and say it was someone else? How would your friendship stand up after the lie was discovered?

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm naive!? I live here. You live on the other side of the earth reading left wing garbage. Some of the better neighborhoods here in my area are predominantly black. Retired government, cops, military, small business owners.
What does that mean that they are not racist that they are not trying to live up to white expectations? Are they living according to our rules or theirs.

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's about time they discovered something.
It was probably an American Pharmaceutical company. They discover everything. Gifted scientists/researchers.
Do they have anything else in the pipeline? ONE DRUG? Well, I guess it's better than nothing. Sigh.
And don't forget penicilin, spray on skin the coclear ear implant all of which has saved billions and allowed hundreds of thousands the hear and got burns victims the best chance of a fast recovery for their injuries that you can thank us for...and no it was not an America pharmaceutical company...but a good try to take the credit like most of Americans, you fit the mold well......there are many, many more inventions attributed to Australians....we try to concentrate on healing not killing....

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Spew much?
I have heard from someone who moved to your wonderful country that you guys are super racist. The person who said that was appalled.
Let's call a spade ~ a spade.
Aborigine? That was outrageous. You actually stole these kids away from their families and abused them over and over again. Abso disgusting.
Oh, but you're not racist.
Keep the lies coming ~ If it makes you feel better about what YOU Did.
See I never said I wasn't a racist....you yanks never read what is written without bias....shame on you....
And are you telling me you yanks aren't super racist?
We also have the stolen "white generation" too...or are you so ignorant to know about that...what ever we do to one of us we have been guilty of doing to all....it's called being equal and we face it...mind there has never been an apology to the stolen white generation, but I am sure it will come in time as it has for the stolen aboriginal generation....

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
A. Ho,
You are lying when you say your Boys never killed an innocent person. If you were in Vietnam ~ you killed tons of innocent people. Beyond sad what you did to the Vietnamese. They had almost nothing, but you destroyed it.
Sympathy for Americans? You had a few Austrailians in the buildings. You only cared about them. You could care less about Americans. Sympathy? My foot.
A: of course innocents get killed accidently in wars no doubt even by our own troups...but NO we have not murdered en masse the way Americans did in the vietnam war...or in Japan the murders and rapes by American soldiers is legendary...

Military guys? The top military guys are brilliant. I don't need to defend them. It's obvious to everyone, but you.
A: I wonder if you would say that if they ran in and murdered 16 members of your family in an incident that could have been avoided if the military had done it's job properly...and military guy being brilliant....

There you go again about babies. One track mind. Yes, if one steak isn't enough, we will have two and three for dinner and wash it down with a cold beer or two or.........Protein ~ Yum!
Leave the babies out of it. That's sick.
Most of you don't like us. Prejudiced? Glad you admitted to it.
Just because we are the heaviest ~ doesn't mean we are fat. It's all relative. So what? It's our brains and our ability to work very hard ~ that's what counts.

A: I am not saying it is the weight that defines a person, not at all, I am just stating what is know about statistics and you are the fattest nation of people...thats a fact....
Oh, and our hearts. Americans are very generous with their money. When someone needs help ~ they are always there with their wallets open. Generous lot.

A: per head of population Australian is the most generous country on earth...

You are so defensive. Makes me wonder.
Hope you like living in no mans land.
Crocodile Dundee. Your claim to fame!
Put one on the barbie, mate

Don't forget Steve Irwin as well as Paul Hogan Hugh Jackman, Tony Collette as well as well as many excellent directors and the like, all Australians we are extremely proud of...and shrimp was for the American market....we call them prawns down here in Aus.....and I will do....

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Jane you ignorant slut, we bash racist bastards like you who just love to restrict rights they don't understand or fear.
If things were up to you, your aborigines would have been exterminated years ago.
As would your Indians and Negro's if you had of had no use for them....what's your point?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 78,781 - 78,800 of103,233
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••