It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 Full story: Truthdig 103,368

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Full Story

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#83911 Dec 6, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear A.H.,
Those initials are fitting.

A: LOL...there is only one initial....and that is "A".....you moron.
You guys fight in ALL the same wars we do. So, you're not so peaceful yourself.

We went to war on Iraq because of the ally thingy....not because we are not peaceful...we were trusting that America woudn't lie to us to get us involved in a war for their own agenda....that was a mistake that has cost the lives of our diggers....a mistake we won't ever allow our government to ever forget(and Howards name is now mud)...because of your lies and our governments ignorance for the first time in our history we became aggressors....

How can you be the worlds super power AND be thick as two bits of wood? What does that make you Austrailians? That's funny.Arrogance~we earned it.

A: Just because you have the money to put towards arms does not make you smart on the contrary...it makes you stupid because you are using those weapons to bully countries.....You have little or no diplomatic skills and if you lose your position to either China or one of the other developed countries you will just have a country of idiots left. Idiocy you own it.

It makes Australia a country that can recognise stupids....in Howards case a little late, but on the hole we are a country of quiet achievment and financially savvy...sucks to be you.

Greed~we do seem to have most of the money, don't we?
You can call us something more intelligent than ~ dumb as dog shite ~ can't you? Is that the Auzzie way? If you can't beat them, call them stupid names. Does that make you feel better? Aw...

A: Not at all. to call you something with more eloquence would be to raise your status of idiocy, that would just give you a false sense of security and hope.

Get out! There is a world outside of the USA? Didn't know that. Most Americans don't like to travel outside of this country because we seem to have it all here. Don't we?
You can run along

A: You might not like to travel outside of your country Physically but you could allow your brain some excercise(computer) and you never have to leave your chair, which would still give rise to you also being called the fattest nation on earth....

Perth, Australia

#83912 Dec 6, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear A.H.
Why are you sticking up for Madam X? Doesn't she have fingers?
Bex? What is that?
Frazzled? Funny, I don't feel frazzled.
Frail? Semi-frail.
Coglione's? What might they be?
Everyone needs to be their own advocate. Don't hide behind other people.
Maybe X is A.H.? They both have an attitude. Hmm? I wonder.
If Madam X starts taking Vioxx ~ maybe she won't be around much longer. One can dream, can't they?
Oh I thought I WAS Madame X...are you telling me I didn't earn that title, that's just bullshit!

coglione's is balls or testicles in Italian...said corrr-lee-own-ees don't forget to roll your r.

Since: Jan 11

Mount Holly, NJ

#83914 Dec 6, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't be obtuse Teaman it doesn't suit you.....Zimmerman was identifying himself as a white man by the privilage money had assured him, else he would live like most white hispanics ...not in a gated, middle class, predominantly white community, his community (white hispanic) would envy him but class him as a sell out.
Right! White privilege. Now, who was Travon and his father visiting? A privileged person named Brandy Green maybe?

You have an odd sense of what America is. No dark rich Hispanics here? No privileged black people?
Guppy

Bristol, PA

#83915 Dec 6, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear A.H.,
Those initials are fitting.
A: LOL...there is only one initial....and that is "A".....you moron.
You guys fight in ALL the same wars we do. So, you're not so peaceful yourself.
We went to war on Iraq because of the ally thingy....not because we are not peaceful...we were trusting that America woudn't lie to us to get us involved in a war for their own agenda....that was a mistake that has cost the lives of our diggers....a mistake we won't ever allow our government to ever forget(and Howards name is now mud)...because of your lies and our governments ignorance for the first time in our history we became aggressors....
How can you be the worlds super power AND be thick as two bits of wood? What does that make you Austrailians? That's funny.Arrogance~we earned it.
A: Just because you have the money to put towards arms does not make you smart on the contrary...it makes you stupid because you are using those weapons to bully countries.....You have little or no diplomatic skills and if you lose your position to either China or one of the other developed countries you will just have a country of idiots left. Idiocy you own it.
It makes Australia a country that can recognise stupids....in Howards case a little late, but on the hole we are a country of quiet achievment and financially savvy...sucks to be you.
Greed~we do seem to have most of the money, don't we?
You can call us something more intelligent than ~ dumb as dog shite ~ can't you? Is that the Auzzie way? If you can't beat them, call them stupid names. Does that make you feel better? Aw...
A: Not at all. to call you something with more eloquence would be to raise your status of idiocy, that would just give you a false sense of security and hope.
Get out! There is a world outside of the USA? Didn't know that. Most Americans don't like to travel outside of this country because we seem to have it all here. Don't we?
You can run along
A: You might not like to travel outside of your country Physically but you could allow your brain some excercise(computer) and you never have to leave your chair, which would still give rise to you also being called the fattest nation on earth....
Dear A.H.

Your initials are A.H. Fitting.

You guys went to Iraq because you are brown nosers. When the United States say's Jump. You say how high. You could have checked out what was going on in Iraq instead of being lead about by a leash. No one likes an arse kisser. I think it is called due diligence.

Blaming John Howard? How about Rudd and Gillard? The war continued under them. They are just as guilty as Howard.

Weren't you aggressors in Vietnam? Or were you there for the rice?

If China becomes the world's super power ~ so be it. I don't think that will happen.

Diplomatic skills? How about you? You can't be great at everything. Ha!

Eloquence? Didn't know you had any. You certainly don't act eloquent on here. Do you?

A country of idiots? We both know that's not true. You can't be a super power AND be an idiot, idiot.

The fattest nation in the world. It's good to be #1! Maybe someday you can be #1 in Something.

Financially savvy? You are really into this, aren't you? You are very competitive. You must be insecure. That's ok. Austrailian's have every right to be insecure.

Next time we get ourselves into another war ~ you can say Thanks, but No Thanks. It's not that difficult. Unless, you like to be lead around by your collar. That's another story.

There is No competition. We are #1 and you are not.

Enough.

Perth, Australia

#83916 Dec 6, 2012
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Right! White privilege. Now, who was Travon and his father visiting? A privileged person named Brandy Green maybe?
You have an odd sense of what America is. No dark rich Hispanics here? No privileged black people?
And you are naive.

Perth, Australia

#83917 Dec 6, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear A.H.
Your initials are A.H. Fitting.
You guys went to Iraq because you are brown nosers. When the United States say's Jump. You say how high. You could have checked out what was going on in Iraq instead of being lead about by a leash. No one likes an arse kisser. I think it is called due diligence.
Blaming John Howard? How about Rudd and Gillard? The war continued under them. They are just as guilty as Howard.
Weren't you aggressors in Vietnam? Or were you there for the rice?
If China becomes the world's super power ~ so be it. I don't think that will happen.
Diplomatic skills? How about you? You can't be great at everything. Ha!
Eloquence? Didn't know you had any. You certainly don't act eloquent on here. Do you?
A country of idiots? We both know that's not true. You can't be a super power AND be an idiot, idiot.
The fattest nation in the world. It's good to be #1! Maybe someday you can be #1 in Something.
Financially savvy? You are really into this, aren't you? You are very competitive. You must be insecure. That's ok. Austrailian's have every right to be insecure.
Next time we get ourselves into another war ~ you can say Thanks, but No Thanks. It's not that difficult. Unless, you like to be lead around by your collar. That's another story.
There is No competition. We are #1 and you are not.
Enough.
If you believe you can get two initials out of Ahomana....you are an uneducated dumb arse

We went to war alongside America, because it was hurting after the hit it took in 911, but they abused our trust and the right to call anyone an ally after they used both Britain and Australia in their ploy to start a war on another country with lies of WMDs, we knew them to have big yaps but to go as far as to lie to an ally...that is a new low even for America.
Don't you worry the next time you think to start a war with anyone Australia will make sure that it gets the truth or you can stand on your own...
Your can be a super power and idiots...you prove it everyday..
You are the fattest nation in the world because you are greedy fat pigs...everything you eat is up sized, next you will be serving babies on stakes to satify your greed.

Not true the aggressor tag came with Iraq....we went in, in a support role long after America, who hasn't been able to win a war since world war 2 and now you are mostly fighting third world countries, which proves the idiocy of your military.....they have the might but not the brains to finish what they start, without the nouse of the Brits and Australians.

Insecurity is always having to prove you are the biggest, fattest, loudest and the best...that is America's insecurity for you in spades, there is not another country in the world that owns that.

Australia is a country I am proud of, as are several other western nations that havent relied on vigilantism to effect their laws, that seek peace with their neighbours and who never reduce to lies to make trouble with a country to attain what they have....we are a country where it's diggers don't murder innocents in countries we are waring with...so when they march they do so with honour.

Next time you get yourself into another war you had better have learned your lessons from the war in Iraq....that allies are called that because of trust based on, you guessed it, honesty!

Since: Feb 11

Ely, UK

#83918 Dec 6, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
9,000 people were murdered by Guns in one year! That is the bottom line. You can moan and groan, but it doesn't change the facts.
Ban guns
Look at the UK and Japan/no guns = no deaths. Very few deaths. Why are the American's so fearful and the rest of the world is not.
9000 PEOPLE WERE MURDERED BY GUNS IN ONE YEAR.

Really ????? Now if you had said, 9000 people were murdered by people with guns in one year,,,

Interesting comment of yours here,,, why did you say, WHY ARE THE AMERICAN'S SO FEARFUL AND THE REST OF THE WORLD IS NOT, instead of, Why are WE Americans so fearful and the rest of the world is not.?
Are you not an American ?

Are you posing as an American and trying to stick it to them ?

Or will you tell me it was a Freudian slip ?
Dr Freud

Netherlands

#83919 Dec 6, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You men should try a little estrogen yourselves, it would remove the build of testosterone that sees your need to aquire and use guns.
YOU are a COMPLETE and TOTAL ARSE!
The hormone estrogen, is an stress hormone. When people, both men and woman, are under stress, their bodies produce estrogen, and people under LOTS of stress produce LOTS of estrogen, when eventually leads to body breakdown.
Women undergoing PMS, tend to produce LOTS of estrogen, and as a consequence become psychologically 'unhinged,' evincing all of the traits of someone under stress.
There are several strategies to deal with that physiological hormonal imbalance.
But YOUR statement is, beyond any reasonable doubt, the MOST IRRESPONSIBLE utterance ANYONE could possibly make!
Suggesting that anyone take 'estrogen' has got to be, in my estimation, a MOST CRIMINAL, and without a doubt, a most serious breach of medic ethics.
YOU should be ARRESTED, and charged with medical MALPRACTICE!

Ely, UK

#83920 Dec 6, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what it means full well and it is not a meaning people who love apply to looking after ones family....it implies burden the correctness of the word is accountability and blame also incumberancy, obligation, fault, guilt,onus, subjection, culperbility, contract, duty, constraint, charge, care, boundness, authority, answerability, albatross, bound and rap ....most of the meanings are to do with holding the bag so to speak.
IT IMPLIES,,,Hmmm,,,,interesting, ,,, well using your logic then you would have to agree with me that putting nuts in, or on a fruit cake, makse it a fruit and nut cake, welldone, welldone indeed, I knew you could do it.

I love my family, don't allways like them, anymore than they allways like me,,but I definatley love them,,I would die to protect them, as most of us would,,I am the reason they exist at all, my responsobility for bringing them into the world, my BAG to hold or carry, untill I the day I die.

Ely, UK

#83921 Dec 6, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you go to Miami?
Do you ?
Guppy

Bristol, PA

#83922 Dec 6, 2012
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
9000 PEOPLE WERE MURDERED BY GUNS IN ONE YEAR.
Really ????? Now if you had said, 9000 people were murdered by people with guns in one year,,,
Interesting comment of yours here,,, why did you say, WHY ARE THE AMERICAN'S SO FEARFUL AND THE REST OF THE WORLD IS NOT, instead of, Why are WE Americans so fearful and the rest of the world is not.?
Are you not an American ?
Are you posing as an American and trying to stick it to them ?
Or will you tell me it was a Freudian slip ?
I didn't say WE because I am not one of the Americans that is fearful. I was talking about THEM. You know, the ones who are so fearful that they need to have guns in their homes.
I am 100% American.
I am also realistic.
I don't think everything the Americans do is just fine by me.

Ely, UK

#83923 Dec 6, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Well let's see, he was driving around in his car when he spotted trayvon, he rang police and got out of the car while still talking to the police on the phone.....then there was a altecation and Trayvon was shot...which sugests that he had the gun on his person when he got out of the car...if he did not then he has not grounds for the stand your ground law because it means that he got away from the "life in danger situation" by being able to get back to his car, and instead of driving away he grabbed his gun turned around and went after trayvon again and shot him which puts the crime as one of premeditation...It's elementary Watson.
Are you trying to suggest that a CCP permit means you hold the gun whilst your hand is in your pocket,, to brandish the weapon would mean it was not concealed.
Guppy

Bristol, PA

#83924 Dec 6, 2012
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ?
I have been to the Miami airport once. I think we were going to Ocean Reef, Florida

It's OK if you answer that question. I won't turn you in to the authorities. Ha.

Perth, Australia

#83925 Dec 6, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
The hormone estrogen, is an stress hormone. When people, both men and woman, are under stress, their bodies produce estrogen, and people under LOTS of stress produce LOTS of estrogen, when eventually leads to body breakdown.
Women undergoing PMS, tend to produce LOTS of estrogen, and as a consequence become psychologically 'unhinged,' evincing all of the traits of someone under stress.
There are several strategies to deal with that physiological hormonal imbalance.
But YOUR statement is, beyond any reasonable doubt, the MOST IRRESPONSIBLE utterance ANYONE could possibly make!
Suggesting that anyone take 'estrogen' has got to be, in my estimation, a MOST CRIMINAL, and without a doubt, a most serious breach of medic ethics.
WTF are you going on about, if testoterone levels are high, giving men estrogen lowers them...make them emotional and helps them grow boobies...that is why I said you men should get more of them, But you just rant away on some crazy man lunacy...you are a dumb arse Troll. IDIOT.
Guppy

Bristol, PA

#83926 Dec 6, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Chill out..

How about Vioxx? Do you approve of that?

Unhinged? Are you biased against women?

Ely, UK

#83927 Dec 6, 2012
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say WE because I am not one of the Americans that is fearful. I was talking about THEM. You know, the ones who are so fearful that they need to have guns in their homes.
I am 100% American.
I am also realistic.
I don't think everything the Americans do is just fine by me.
Okay, but you will find some places its prudent to be armed for safety.
03.03 am

Perth, Australia

#83928 Dec 6, 2012
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
IT IMPLIES,,,Hmmm,,,,interesting, ,,, well using your logic then you would have to agree with me that putting nuts in, or on a fruit cake, makse it a fruit and nut cake, welldone, welldone indeed, I knew you could do it.
I love my family, don't allways like them, anymore than they allways like me,,but I definatley love them,,I would die to protect them, as most of us would,,I am the reason they exist at all, my responsobility for bringing them into the world, my BAG to hold or carry, untill I the day I die.
LOL. You still upset about that fruit cake with nuts in it....you always seem to bring it up?....Don't try to colour the issue with your bullshit and again coming in to support someone else.....what is it with you, are you a troll....cause it seem you never speak for yourself....exception the fruit cake with nuts....you know the argument you got your arse kicked on....rotflmao.

Perth, Australia

#83929 Dec 6, 2012
Patriot wrote:
Anti-Second Amendment Democrat Arrested With Gun at Chicago’s O’Hare
12/06/12
http://www.infowars.com/anti-second-amendment...
ROTFLMFAO. The American anti gun protesters are so stupid they can't even get what anti gun means.....and just when I think you yanks can't get any thicker....Whoohoo....

Ely, UK

#83930 Dec 6, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You still upset about that fruit cake with nuts in it....you always seem to bring it up?....Don't try to colour the issue with your bullshit and again coming in to support someone else.....what is it with you, are you a troll....cause it seem you never speak for yourself....exception the fruit cake with nuts....you know the argument you got your arse kicked on....rotflmao.
Your logic regarding the other matter made it an ideal time to bring it up again, Im certainly not upset,,should I be ? you were mistaken and that is why you would prefer it if I dropped the matter, your cook book is misleading if the matter were to be considered in law, CHECK it out.
If I happen to agree with someone, then I will support them,,have you not noticed?, YOU have a lack of support, to date. Kicked my arse ?, WHEN was that then pet.
Guppy

Bristol, PA

#83932 Dec 6, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe you can get two initials out of Ahomana....you are an uneducated dumb arse
We went to war alongside America, because it was hurting after the hit it took in 911, but they abused our trust and the right to call anyone an ally after they used both Britain and Australia in their ploy to start a war on another country with lies of WMDs, we knew them to have big yaps but to go as far as to lie to an ally...that is a new low even for America.
Don't you worry the next time you think to start a war with anyone Australia will make sure that it gets the truth or you can stand on your own...
Your can be a super power and idiots...you prove it everyday..
You are the fattest nation in the world because you are greedy fat pigs...everything you eat is up sized, next you will be serving babies on stakes to satify your greed.
Not true the aggressor tag came with Iraq....we went in, in a support role long after America, who hasn't been able to win a war since world war 2 and now you are mostly fighting third world countries, which proves the idiocy of your military.....they have the might but not the brains to finish what they start, without the nouse of the Brits and Australians.
Insecurity is always having to prove you are the biggest, fattest, loudest and the best...that is America's insecurity for you in spades, there is not another country in the world that owns that.
Australia is a country I am proud of, as are several other western nations that havent relied on vigilantism to effect their laws, that seek peace with their neighbours and who never reduce to lies to make trouble with a country to attain what they have....we are a country where it's diggers don't murder innocents in countries we are waring with...so when they march they do so with honour.
Next time you get yourself into another war you had better have learned your lessons from the war in Iraq....that allies are called that because of trust based on, you guessed it, honesty!
A. Ho ~ you need to calm yourself down. You'll blow a gasket!

It's still called Due Diligence. Don't you all feel likes fools because you believed a bunch of lies? Now that was pathetic.

I am TOTALLY AGAINST WAR. I think it is sinful.

We can stand on our own? Shrug.

Fat pigs? Do you really think ALL Americans are Fat Pigs? You exaggerate to prove a silly point.

Babies on stakes? Now that is sick. You should be ashamed of yourself. You have a strange mind.

Biggest, fattest and loudest? Why do y'all suck up to us if you don't like us. I can guarantee you ~ most Americans don't even give you a second thought.

You should be proud of your country. I am.

WW2? Did anyone really win? Does anyone ever win? It just ends.

Are you saying ~ you feel your politicians are honest? Smile. If you say Yes ~ I would then have to call you delusional. Get a grip. I have news for you.

How would you know what the diggers are doing in other countries? You know for a fact ~ they have NEVER killed an innocent person. If you say Yes, again ~ you are beyond delusional. I will know that you are a liar.

I truly think the top military guys are quite bright. Not too bright with certain women, but...

FYI ~ Not All Americans Want To Go To War. Horrible waste of lives and money. You must agree with that.

Awaiting your reply. If you dare.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges? 3 min breeding criminals 3,084
NYT Discovers Ukraine's Neo-Nazis at War 3 min NAZTY Ukraine 43
Hannity Pre-Blames Obama For Any Violence In Fe... 5 min breeding criminals 123
Judge resigns so he won't have to marry gay cou... 6 min Lawrence Wolf 739
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min positronium 283,961
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 8 min RayOne 120
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Incognito4Ever 1,144,203
White House veto threat shelves possible tax plan 58 min Cheech the Conser... 8
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 1 hr Swedenforever 35
Obama's Amnesty Action Fuels Flood of Immigrati... 1 hr Hooogle It 8
Obama heckled 2 hr spud 21
Immigrants Social Security eligible in Obama plan 2 hr Hooogle It 17

US News People Search