It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103299 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

Greasy Grass Ridge

Gadsden, AL

#83103 Nov 26, 2012
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
That liberty thing is a hard sell these days.
Is Mt. Holly in South Jersey?

If so, do you listen to WDAS - FM from Philadelphia? Great black station.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#83104 Nov 26, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 'points' are pointless, and your intellect (or what passes for that) is terminally flaccid.
You just can't handle the truth.

Perth, Australia

#83105 Nov 26, 2012
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Someday I hope to own two houses.
That will happen when we sell the 3rd one.
Bwa hahaha.
However, you do have a point.
As long as the Gov is giving away the money the workers make to leeches like you, we are doomed to become like Greece.
A nation of whiners to busy pissing in the streets to work.
Sounds like Australia.
Hey, are you little pissants still afraid to walk in the dark.
We aren't here.
We carry guns!
Bwa hahahahaha
So you would much rather see your government involved in wars they will never will at what cost of life and to those of you that are not getting decent healthcare....I watched a documentary last night on where all the money in America is going and it showed how you no longer have a middle class that 10% of Americans have 90% of the wealth, how the poor are now so poor they have to stand in line for food bags....it was worth watching for those that believe in America all things are still possible that everyone can be rich if they work hard and are careful with their money...the truth is frightening how the lobbyist pay to implement bills that see the middle class losing their wealth to the rich who are making billions(litterally) and get to pay 15% tax while a fireman (you know the guys that run into the towers) pays double that all because around 200 filthy rich control your all your resources and have senators in their pockets....that is disgusting...that while you concentrate on the little pleasures and the dream that one day you too could be one of them is a lie they perpetrate to keep you distracted not seeing that your piece of the pie is being eroded by the dream that once helped you believe that you all had the chance to make it....I find that sad and frustrating that the corruption by those that work for you is dominating how you live or don't in most cases......

Perth, Australia

#83106 Nov 26, 2012
In case Americans are interested in what is happening in their part of the world....

http://whypoverty.net/inc/download/PARK%20AVE...
Greasy Grass Ridge

Gadsden, AL

#83107 Nov 26, 2012
uneventful...

Since: Jan 11

Abingdon, VA

#83108 Nov 26, 2012
Greasy Grass Ridge wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Mt. Holly in South Jersey?
If so, do you listen to WDAS - FM from Philadelphia? Great black station.
Yes it is and no I don't. Do you?

Downtown Philly is about a 25 minute ride.
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

#83109 Nov 26, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You just can't handle the truth.
Again: YOU PROJECT!
The truth of the matter is that YOU can't handle the truth, and that's been revealed endlessly.
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

#83110 Nov 26, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
In case Americans are interested in what is happening in their part of the world....
http://whypoverty.net/inc/download/PARK%20AVE...
SInce you wouldn't deign to consider any of our URLs, then why should we deign to consider yours?

Perth, Australia

#83111 Nov 26, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth of the matter is that YOU can't handle the truth, and that's been revealed endlessly.
I am not projecting I am stating it how it is ...you want to disagree with it, fine live with your head in the sand but the truth is out there and it is no conspiracy theory!

Perth, Australia

#83112 Nov 26, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
SInce you wouldn't deign to consider any of our URLs, then why should we deign to consider yours?
Pick your lip up off the ground you sound like a petulant child....you look at what I post because I have no agenda here...your politics won't loose me my house or my dreams....but guns affect everyone.

Perth, Australia

#83113 Nov 26, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
I can handle the truth what bugs you is that it is not your truth it is the real truth....from both sides that have caused me to come to my conclusion I wasn't brought up with a gun in my hand so that I became a one eyed bigot and I was from a family that needed to use guns earlier on, for a purpose....I had no brainwashing so unlike you so I am able to make an informed decission without any prior bias..
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

#83114 Nov 26, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not projecting I am stating it how it is ...you want to disagree with it, fine live with your head in the sand but the truth is out there and it is no conspiracy theory!
YOU are the one with her head in the sand!
Why do you think you keep getting 'effed in the butt?
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

#83115 Nov 26, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Pick your lip up off the ground you sound like a petulant child....you look at what I post because I have no agenda here...your politics won't loose me my house or my dreams....but guns affect everyone.
" ...I have no agenda here ..."

PUKE!!!
If YOU had no 'agenda' here, then WHY do YOU keep posting all of your BULL S H I T?
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

#83116 Nov 26, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I can handle the truth what bugs you is that it is not your truth it is the real truth....from both sides that have caused me to come to my conclusion I wasn't brought up with a gun in my hand so that I became a one eyed bigot and I was from a family that needed to use guns earlier on, for a purpose....I had no brainwashing so unlike you so I am able to make an informed decission without any prior bias..
"I can handle the truth ..."

BULL! If you could 'handle the truth, then you wouldn't continue posting your complete BS here. The TRUTH is just this: MAN has the ABSOLUTE RIGHT to keep and bear arms for his SELF-DEFENSE against whatever threat, be it private thug, or a government thug.
YOU demand that EVERYONE COMPLETELY surrender to government, as though they were OWNED SLAVES.
YOU DEMAND that the rest of us become as the Jews of 1930's Germany, and march without protest, into the prison camps to be exterminated.
Why don't you just admit that you're nothing less than a paid shill who posts here on TOPIX?
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#83117 Nov 26, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU don't want one FINE!

I am a CITIZEN of the United States of America.

As such I posses RIGHTS given by "god" to ALL people,ESPECIALLY CITIZENS of the U.S.A.(we codified it!)

YOU have NO RIGHT to tell ME I cant have a gun.

or 5,10,1000...

Any opinion you have on the matter is MOOT!(and your "god" given RIGHT)

Anything you post on here to the contrary is also YOUR RIGHT!(to make a fool of yourself)

NEXT!
Dan C

Sacramento, CA

#83118 Nov 26, 2012
Here's what seperates the gun nuts from those responsible with their firearms....idiots like the clown in this story;

http://news.msn.com/us/minn-man-says-he-fired...
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

#83119 Nov 26, 2012
Dan C wrote:
Here's what seperates the gun nuts from those responsible with their firearms....idiots like the clown in this story;
http://news.msn.com/us/minn-man-says-he-fired...
So, you now EXPOSE yourself as being ANTI-GUN!
Thanks for finally 'coming out of the closet!'
Aneeta

Vadodara, India

#83120 Nov 26, 2012
Keno Amarta to besh bora.
Tumi dekbe Selina.
Tumi jodi chao tabe shobtai deya debo.
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

#83121 Nov 26, 2012
Aneeta wrote:
Keno Amarta to besh bora.
Tumi dekbe Selina.
Tumi jodi chao tabe shobtai deya debo.
Ba-ba! Ra-ra! Cu-cu! Da-da!
Tray

Belden, MS

#83122 Nov 26, 2012
Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you now EXPOSE yourself as being ANTI-GUN!
Thanks for finally 'coming out of the closet!'
He's not anti-gun. He is a racist. He only gets worked up if it's not a black person doing the killing. He doesn't like the "brothas" being at risk in dark allys beating unarmed victims.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump, Clinton aides clash at post-election gat... 3 min Christsharian Col... 58
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 4 min Trump your President 104
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min sonicfilter 1,457,598
News 5 lessons activists can learn from Florida's su... 6 min Democrat Hero 3
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min Reality Speaks 403,305
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 7 min Reality Speaks 1,866
News Presidential endorsements: now therea s a touch... 7 min Evil Roy Slade 3
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Skylar 252,833
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 24 min Trump your President 2,822
More from around the web