It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103321 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

Responsible

Gadsden, AL

#82876 Nov 23, 2012
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not true,.
Stupid people are too stupid to be proud, DUH!!
Dro,

You can't be stupid & proud?

Do you know from personal experience?

IMR
Responsible

Gadsden, AL

#82877 Nov 23, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>Hypothetical scenarios are good for MAKING a point, but NOT for PROVING a point.
Well, well, well. I think you might be right, for once.

Farwell,
IMR
Responsible

Gadsden, AL

#82878 Nov 23, 2012
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a strange little world you live in,
where people like you try to violate rights, and think themselves kind, and people like me that tell people like you to stick those violations up your ass are called mean. We used to have people like you here that tried to violate black folks rights, and we still have a few that want to violate womans rights. But fo rth emost part, we tell them to stick it up their ass too. So, you still have plenty of company, no matter what little world you live in.
So strange.
You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch...
Responsible

Gadsden, AL

#82879 Nov 23, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>YOU don't want a gun?
ok, BE a victim,I will feel sorry for you but it will be your own fault.
As for ME?
NO! I will NOT be a victim, I have BEEN "mugged", "robbed" if you will, on a public street!
NEVER AGAIN.
In addition, I am a Veteran, and Constitutional supporter, who KNOWS that PRIVATE ownership of firearms is the ultimate STOP to governmental overreach!
I am assuming you are a guy. If someone comes up to you on a public street and hits you in the back of the head with a pipe - you can't do anything about it, except drop to the ground.

So much for carrying a gun...

Ban pipes and guns. And while you're at it, ban fur.

Recherche
Responsible

Gadsden, AL

#82880 Nov 23, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> I own a gun, something yankees can't do.
I guess you could say........Yankee's are smarter than southerners.

I'm sorry we beat the hell out of ya during the Civil War. Sad/frown.
Responsible

Gadsden, AL

#82881 Nov 23, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>I never said you HAD to carry a gun, that is YOUR RIGHT!
You live YOUR life!
DON'T tell me how to live mine.
I hate to say it but maybee if you got robbed (not injured) you might realize that the "inherent goodness" we all look for in people is missing, in the majority.
Knightstalker wants me to get robbed/not injured! Thanks alot!

That's a horrible thing to say to someone. I feel so dejected..........

I think I should say Farewell and have a good life. The hand writing is on the wall.

Sadness,
I am the responsible one...
Responsible

Gadsden, AL

#82882 Nov 23, 2012
One last thing.

Watch - The Car - 1977

James Brolin.

It's so bad - that's it good.

So long hate mongers.

~~~~~
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#82883 Nov 23, 2012
Responsible wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear M,
Yes, I am that stupid and proud of it.
The Indians agreed to live on reservations because they were starving and freezing. They weren't "overpowered' by the gov't. At the same time the gov't was fighting the Indians - they were also fighting the Civil War and they were stretched quite thin.
For some strange reason - SOME people feel sorry for the Indians. I don't. They only wanted to do two things. Fight and hunt. That was it. They were totally chauvinistic. Kind of like you guys.
Of course I take responsibility for my personal safety AND security. I've lived this long - I must be doing something right. Smile.
It's been a pleasure.
Best,
I M
"Yes, I am that stupid and proud of it."

Ok...I do admire one who is able to recognize their limitations...too bad you aren't willing to do something about it.

"The Indians agreed to live on reservations because they were starving and freezing. They weren't "overpowered' by the gov't."

So why were they "starving and freezing"...? Why couldn't they do what they had been doing for thousands of years before then...? I guess that's where some of your stupidity comes in.

"Of course I take responsibility for my personal safety AND security."

How..?..you have 911 on speed dial and wait..?
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#82884 Nov 23, 2012
Responsible wrote:
One last thing.
Watch - The Car - 1977
James Brolin.
It's so bad - that's it good.
So long hate mongers.
~~~~~
You say this;

"For some strange reason - SOME people feel sorry for the Indians. I don't. They only wanted to do two things. Fight and hunt. That was it. They were totally chauvinistic. Kind of like you guys."

Then call us "hate mongers"...ROTFLMAO.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#82885 Nov 23, 2012
Responsible wrote:
<quoted text>
You! are so wrong about the Indians. They showed up at a reservation one day with (stolen) blankets wrapped around them. Under the (stolen) blankets were (stolen) guns - and proceeded to shoot the guys in uniform. So much for being overpowered. The Indians had better firepower than the govt.///the buffalo hunters had the best weapons and that is one of the reasons they "GAVE Up."
The buffalo hunters could shoot the Indians up to a mile away. Indians didn't like that too much. The couldn't run rough shod over those guys. Shaking Head and grimacing.
They also had a few leaders with foresight - that told them they should give it up.
Would you like me to tell you what they did to innocent families - that were just trying to make a life for themselves in America? Huh? Pretty gruesome. If they didn't butcher you, they would abduct you. Especially children. So much for peaceful Indians.
What were you saying?
IM Responsible
"Would you like me to tell you what they did to innocent families - that were just trying to make a life for themselves in America?"

No thanks...you're too stupid, remember..? Besides, I already know.

"What were you saying?"

About what..?

"IM Responsible"

No you're not...you're a Darwin Award winner waiting to happen.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#82886 Nov 23, 2012
Responsible wrote:
<quoted text>
I am assuming you are a guy. If someone comes up to you on a public street and hits you in the back of the head with a pipe - you can't do anything about it, except drop to the ground.
So much for carrying a gun...
Ban pipes and guns. And while you're at it, ban fur.
Recherche
That is weak, man!

You WOULD hit somebody from behind, would'nt you?

Again with the crafted scenarios, it won't wash.

You know what you sound like?

"Meteors frighten me, there ought to be a law!"

Daddy cannot make all the scary things go away, sorry.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#82887 Nov 23, 2012
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
You say this;
"For some strange reason - SOME people feel sorry for the Indians. I don't. They only wanted to do two things. Fight and hunt. That was it. They were totally chauvinistic. Kind of like you guys."
Then call us "hate mongers"...ROTFLMAO.
Life was real good here before the boats brought all you people!

The Women had more influence than you give them credit for.

We had the entire continent groomed, to provide the most wildlife the land could sustain.

Our agriculture fed over 30 million people in the southeast quarter of the "U.S."

Of course it took us thousand of years to do this.

Thought we were talkin bout guns?
Tray

Belden, MS

#82888 Nov 23, 2012
Responsible wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you could say........Yankee's are smarter than southerners.
I'm sorry we beat the hell out of ya during the Civil War. Sad/frown.
You did notice twice as many yankees died during the civil war as southerners? And only a smart yankee would call that a win. Haa Haa Haa.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#82889 Nov 23, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> You did notice twice as many yankees died during the civil war as southerners? And only a smart yankee would call that a win. Haa Haa Haa.
THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!!!

( and git spanked back down, just like before!)

I love the south, but I could'nt resist!

sorry
Dan C

Sacramento, CA

#82890 Nov 23, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> You did notice twice as many yankees died during the civil war as southerners? And only a smart yankee would call that a win. Haa Haa Haa.
Get a job loser.

Seriously.
Dr Freud

Sandefjord, Norway

#82891 Nov 23, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a job loser.
Seriously.
As if you have one?
Tray

Belden, MS

#82892 Nov 23, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a job loser.
Seriously.
I have a job for you. Pucker up. Seriously.
Tray

Belden, MS

#82893 Nov 23, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!!!!!
( and git spanked back down, just like before!)
I love the south, but I could'nt resist!
sorry
The north better do a better job than before, they lost twice as many men as the south and a bullet to the head of their leader that started the war then called it a win. Well there is not much to worry about seeing as the north gave up their guns it should be a turkey shoot this time.

Since: Jan 11

Abingdon, VA

#82894 Nov 23, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> The north better do a better job than before, they lost twice as many men as the south and a bullet to the head of their leader that started the war then called it a win. Well there is not much to worry about seeing as the north gave up their guns it should be a turkey shoot this time.
You don't need bullets. You can do it economically. Even Airbus is opening a plant in S. Carolina. The only problem is, we still have an out of control federal government we wouldn't have if you had won the first time.:-)
Tray

Belden, MS

#82895 Nov 23, 2012
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need bullets. You can do it economically. Even Airbus is opening a plant in S. Carolina. The only problem is, we still have an out of control federal government we wouldn't have if you had won the first time.:-)
Hey we took out the man in charge the first time with a bullet to the brain, it's not our fault the north keeps putting idiots back in the white house.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min bohart 199,209
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min Sharrp Shooter 387,913
News Boston Globe's front page: AR-15, 'Make It Stop' 4 min WeTheSheeple 411
News Clinton, in Columbus speech today, to slam Trum... 5 min Duke for Mayor 100
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 9 min OK Barry 899
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 11 min Jack 1,288
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min leosnana 1,394,829
News Donald Trump: Brexit is sign of independence de... 24 min abc 168
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 47 min Chilli J 3,270
More from around the web