It's the Guns, Stupid

It's the Guns, Stupid

There are 103293 comments on the Truthdig story from Apr 20, 2007, titled It's the Guns, Stupid. In it, Truthdig reports that:

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Truthdig.

Since: Dec 10

Adelaide, Australia

#77094 Sep 20, 2012
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, Zig called you a lying sack of shit, and arranged for someone else to get you to admit it.
Thanks
You really are not very good at this. You should go back to the whorehouse and pick up the broom stick.
Lord knows nothing else will ever get near that rancid twat of yours.
And yes, I love talking in the 3rd person to little pissants like you.
LOL. You are a fool, you had no idea where that joke came from all you did was call someone a liar it was arachnid that did what you should have done, but didn't or couldn't... It has taught you a lesson maybe, next time look before you make such a fool of yourself and open that big yap of yours.
I had such fun with you over that, I might just try it again!
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#77095 Sep 20, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Your feelings are just hurt because it took a lowly thing like an arachnid to find it and earn a point, stop being such a sookie la, la.
'Noong'.'Sookie'.

WTF????

LOL!!!

Since: Feb 11

March, UK

#77096 Sep 20, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Kudo's, and a point to you.
Who would have thought that a yank had enough brains to go seach the net eh! So not all of you are as dumb as you look!
I wonder if Zigmund has caught on yet?
Im not a yank,, does this you wont flirt with me anymore ?

Adelaide, Australia

#77097 Sep 20, 2012
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly,, anyone smart enough to tell her shes an idiot, wouldnt want to be seen with her,let alone freinds.
Don't be a sookie puss arachnid, you got a point for effort!

Adelaide, Australia

#77098 Sep 20, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Tools can cause death in the wrong hands.
But you seemed to be more concerned with the tools than the hands that use them.
If guns were so dangerous that they were used in a poor manner or by those wishing violence to any high degree you would have had murder rates and deaths not to mention injuries skyrocket a long time ago.
As it is only a minority of those who own hammers, guns, shovels, ice picks, cars and other tools use them to commit heinous crimes and intentional harm on others so what is your point?
Are you as stupid as to say we can eliminate tools....things that have already been invented and distributed worldwide?
You are another of these nutters that say guns don't kill people, people kill people, but I am pretty sure the guns help!
And you are obviously another poster that thinks by entering the conversation or argument or crap, that you do so by insulting the person you post to and expect a amiable conversation...You yanks just get dumber and dumber don't you!

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

#77099 Sep 20, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I am too tough to whine and too confident in my abilities to make you look more stupid than you do by yourself...So there!
yea yea that's what the shriveled old tough prune said, but you repeat yourself.

Adelaide, Australia

#77100 Sep 20, 2012
spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not a yank,, does this you wont flirt with me anymore ?
Not a yank? Prove it!

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

#77101 Sep 20, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are the one that I proved was too stupid to find a simple thing like a joke about America, and it came from your arch nemesis Canada, Go figure.
If you had of googled it you wouldn't have needed to throw such a paddy, you big dumb jock.
um, I found this link in 5 seconds.
http://marecromwell.wordpress.com/2009/02/27/...

Hence my accusation you are a pathetic liar.

You still haven't found any links to post except the one that proved my point.

And I see that "paddy" landed right on that shriveled up puss you make moises from.

Mom said Hi and askes if you are still the biggest whore.
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#77102 Sep 20, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You are another of these nutters that say guns don't kill people, people kill people, but I am pretty sure the guns help!
And you are obviously another poster that thinks by entering the conversation or argument or crap, that you do so by insulting the person you post to and expect a amiable conversation...You yanks just get dumber and dumber don't you!
It's not crazy to know a gun doesn't wake up in the middle of the night and sprout legs only to go hunting someone to kill.

So who's the nutter?

You're entire presence in here navigates about being insulting idiot...so why do you cry about getting some feedback like a little bitch?

LOL!!!

--Do they sell Kleenex in Australia?

LOL!!!!

As far as knives, hammers, drain cleaners, guns automobiles and other items we have in our presence in the modern day well yeah...they can be used to kill people. When the person using them decides to use them in that fashion.

If that upsets you you're going to have an anuerysm friend because there's no wayt in hell you'll be ab le to eliminate tools which have already been invented, mass produced and distributed world wide.

Instead...focus on the people that use these tools for harm genius.

Adelaide, Australia

#77103 Sep 20, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Tools can cause death in the wrong hands.
But you seemed to be more concerned with the tools than the hands that use them.
If guns were so dangerous that they were used in a poor manner or by those wishing violence to any high degree you would have had murder rates and deaths not to mention injuries skyrocket a long time ago.
As it is only a minority of those who own hammers, guns, shovels, ice picks, cars and other tools use them to commit heinous crimes and intentional harm on others so what is your point?
Are you as stupid as to say we can eliminate tools....things that have already been invented and distributed worldwide?
PSL Dan, tools can cause death but that is not their intended purpose for their invention, like a scapel or a back hoe, these things were designed to aid man in his work, not designed for any other purpose.

Guns on the other hand had a specific purpose in mind when they were invented also, and that was and is to kill, their whole purpose is death whether stored in a cupboard by a responsible gun owner or used by a farmer they have one sole purpose, and that is to cause death.
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#77104 Sep 20, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a yank? Prove it!
Yank, Aussie, Japanese, Chinaman or the crew that hangs around the north side of Iceland.

Who gives a shit idiot?

Gaaaawd damn son.....LOL!!!

Adelaide, Australia

#77105 Sep 20, 2012
ZigmunnDroid wrote:
<quoted text>
um, I found this link in 5 seconds.
Hence my accusation you are a pathetic liar.
You still haven't found any links to post except the one that proved my point.
And I see that "paddy" landed right on that shriveled up puss you make moises from.
Mom said Hi and askes if you are still the biggest whore.
LOL, are you still posting from the assylum? Tell your mum I said high and I hope that cream I got her for her little problem has cleared up so she can get back to servicing all the men in your district (except your poor dad,) I heard he is suffering from schitzophrenia and that it is past on to his male children..lucky you are not his isn't it!
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#77106 Sep 20, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a yank? Prove it!
I'm starting to think that's not actually a lightening bolt in your avatar but the neurotransmitter signal between the 2 brain cells you may have...LOL!!!

Do knives upset you too?? I mean....a lot of killers use those to off their victims.

What about piano wire. A favorite of the Mafia. Should we ban piano wire?

Baseball bats? There's been more than a few who've used Louisville Lsuggers to take out their wives over the fact the little minx didn't heat up the dinner that night. Should we eliminate them???

LOL!!!

You're angry over an inanimate object....talk about stupid...LOL!!!

Adelaide, Australia

#77107 Sep 20, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yank, Aussie, Japanese, Chinaman or the crew that hangs around the north side of Iceland.
Who gives a shit idiot?
Gaaaawd damn son.....LOL!!!
now Danny boy you are getting on my wrong side, do you really want to do that? You are just being a typical yank arshole and don't deny you are a yank because in your words "Gaaaawd damn son," you sound just like most of the other dumb hicks on this site.
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#77108 Sep 20, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
PSL Dan, tools can cause death but that is not their intended purpose for their invention, like a scapel or a back hoe, these things were designed to aid man in his work, not designed for any other purpose.
Guns on the other hand had a specific purpose in mind when they were invented also, and that was and is to kill, their whole purpose is death whether stored in a cupboard by a responsible gun owner or used by a farmer they have one sole purpose, and that is to cause death.
The problem is Ace guns are already out there. They've been invented. They've been mass produced. And people like you thinkk it a good idea law abiding citizens be stripped of them whilst criminals have them.

I'll pass. I'd rather die pulling a trigger at the assailant breaking in my home than do die with my last words being "Please mister don't"...LOL!!!

Add to that guns are used for hunting and target practice. They're a recreational tool as well Chief.

We're not talking about having bazookas in the closet or armored tanks in the garage buddy...we're talking about small arms.

So you're wrong.

I'd like to see an apology from you no less than 200 words but less than 500 in the morning in a neatly written format.

LOL!!!!

Adelaide, Australia

#77109 Sep 20, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm starting to think that's not actually a lightening bolt in your avatar but the neurotransmitter signal between the 2 brain cells you may have...LOL!!!
Do knives upset you too?? I mean....a lot of killers use those to off their victims.
What about piano wire. A favorite of the Mafia. Should we ban piano wire?
Baseball bats? There's been more than a few who've used Louisville Lsuggers to take out their wives over the fact the little minx didn't heat up the dinner that night. Should we eliminate them???
LOL!!!
You're angry over an inanimate object....talk about stupid...LOL!!!
Danny Boy, thank you for that charming little insight into your fragile mental state, there is nothing you have said that hasn't been said before and unless you can show some intelligence or a willingness to rationalise then you are just another dumb waste of space, so either get with the programme or start at the end of the line sniffing the arsholes of the ones that have come before you.
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#77110 Sep 20, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, are you still posting from the assylum? Tell your mum I said high and I hope that cream I got her for her little problem has cleared up so she can get back to servicing all the men in your district (except your poor dad,) I heard he is suffering from schitzophrenia and that it is past on to his male children..lucky you are not his isn't it!
And you're the clown down under who's whining like a toddler being stripped of some candy at the checkout line at the supermarket of those whom are being insulting to you....LOL!!!

They sell dictionaries in Australia?

Buy one.

Find the wording 'hypocrite'.

Look in the bathroom mirror.

Pick up the dictionary yet again. Look up the wording of 'Hypocrite' and ponder.

LOL!!!

Idiot.

Adelaide, Australia

#77111 Sep 20, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is Ace guns are already out there. They've been invented. They've been mass produced. And people like you thinkk it a good idea law abiding citizens be stripped of them whilst criminals have them.
I'll pass. I'd rather die pulling a trigger at the assailant breaking in my home than do die with my last words being "Please mister don't"...LOL!!!
Add to that guns are used for hunting and target practice. They're a recreational tool as well Chief.
We're not talking about having bazookas in the closet or armored tanks in the garage buddy...we're talking about small arms.
So you're wrong.
I'd like to see an apology from you no less than 200 words but less than 500 in the morning in a neatly written format.
LOL!!!!
Are you naturally as dumb as dog shit there Danny Boy, I said guns were invented to kill, you can use them for target practice or shoving up your bum, but guns were still invented to kill!...Are you having trouble getting that Danny boy?

I personally don't give a rats arse how you die but I hope it is at the end of a gun barrel, you deserve it, because you have the mentality of a gnat.
A thick yank, what's the chances!

Since: Feb 11

Ely, UK

#77112 Sep 20, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a yank? Prove it!
I support the Yids, and used to watch them training when I was a boy.

Adelaide, Australia

#77113 Sep 20, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're the clown down under who's whining like a toddler being stripped of some candy at the checkout line at the supermarket of those whom are being insulting to you....LOL!!!
They sell dictionaries in Australia?
Buy one.
Find the wording 'hypocrite'.
Look in the bathroom mirror.
Pick up the dictionary yet again. Look up the wording of 'Hypocrite' and ponder.
LOL!!!
Idiot.
Oh, Contraire! you are just another fool that has entered an unwinable argument.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min AMERICAN SUNSHINE 289,271
News Student pushes for classmate's deportation, get... 37 min Gettysburg Sausag... 24
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 58 min Prisoner of my Mo... 10,305
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Stragglers 1,603,028
News McCain Will Not Support GOP Health Care Bill 1 hr District10 23
News Climate change computer models totally "wrong" ... 1 hr Fuggleton 1
News Trump endorses boycott of NFL 1 hr Nope 49
News GOP health bill all but dead; McCain again deal... 2 hr freddie 77
More from around the web