It's the Guns, Stupid

Apr 20, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Truthdig

“And that's the end of the issue”

Why do we have the same futile argument every time there is a mass killing? Advocates of gun control try to open a discussion about whether more reasonable weapons statutes might reduce the number of violent ... via Truthdig

Comments (Page 3,608)

Showing posts 72,141 - 72,160 of103,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
for real

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No probs.
Yes, I think it's possible, whether it actually is the main reason or not I don't know.
The 2nd article mentioned it & I've heard it mentioned elsewhere also.
The authorities always seem to get nervous about the firearms issue.
Limiting people to 2 or 3 guns doesn't sit real well with me.
AFAIK we're allowed a maximum of 21 in QLD not sure about other states or even if that's still current in QLD either.
There's always someone or some group waffling on about how firearms should be removed from society totally, thankfully they haven't succeeded in their mission, though it's not from lack of trying.
Yeah well you do have 3 arms why not 3 guns...
And we all know that if I didn't have a minimum of 3 guns the King of England could just walk in your house and start pushing you around.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a vegetarian ?
yes I only eat arachnids.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the info Tray.
Although I have never fired a modern pistol as such, I did have access to an UZI many moons back, it didnt suffer from cook off at any time I remember, infact I dont recall any problems at all, other than a desire to lift to the heavens if unfamiliar with it.
The full auto uzi and most sub machine guns fire from an open bolt meaning the bolt stays open between shots due to the heat build up. They only chamber a round as the trigger is pulled and its firing. This open bolt design helps cooling and prevents cook off. Rifle size guns have a lot more metal to help absorb the heat and usually have some type of cooling system to help. During WW2 the Germans started putting water jackets on their machine guns due to the extreme heat. A small gun like the Jennings can get very hot very fast with repeated firing and a chambered round sitting could absorb that heat possibly leading to a cook off. The Jennings sear is also cheap metal, I've seen them fail with as few as 500 rounds but usually last about 1500 before needing replacement. Never buy a used gun with out checking the wear on internal parts such as the sear. ALL guns have a life expectancy they are after all just a machine.

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

Since: Jun 12

And the shadows they burn dark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

for real wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah well you do have 3 arms why not 3 guns...
And we all know that if I didn't have a minimum of 3 guns the King of England could just walk in your house and start pushing you around.
Gee you must be old, AFAIK there hasn't been a "King of England" for a few centuries.
Or maybe you're just a bit slow...

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
The price of liberty is eternal vigilance ...
AMEN!!

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
And why in particular would you understand me to think such ?
Winston Churchill made that statement in 1920, not I.
Do you agree with all that a polotician might say.
Nathuram Godse obviously Ghandi was a right Fakir.
I find that if someone touches on the same sentiments as a majority of others then that person has not only insight but they often have the ability to put into words what others simply think as just their thoughts alone and it unites them, as was the case with Ghandi, on American civilisation.
for real

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee you must be old, AFAIK there hasn't been a "King of England" for a few centuries.
Or maybe the joke just went over your head...yeah, I'M slow.
for real

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

_0rion_ wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI the last King of England died in 1952 ... hardly centuries ago. Unless centuries has a different meaning in the US than the rest of the world??

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Since: Oct 07

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the info, good job the companys out of buisness, hope they didnt make grenades as well.
Oh my. Perhaps they should go back in business and make rpg and hand grenades.

And sell them to the rabid muslims.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Dr Freud wrote:
<quoted text>
The price of liberty is eternal vigilance ...
And....Freedom is NOT free, and Peace is NOT pretty.

Since: Feb 11

King's Lynn, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
yes I only eat arachnids.
Your flirting with me,,,little minx.

Since: Feb 11

King's Lynn, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Tray wrote:
<quoted text> The full auto uzi and most sub machine guns fire from an open bolt meaning the bolt stays open between shots due to the heat build up. They only chamber a round as the trigger is pulled and its firing. This open bolt design helps cooling and prevents cook off. Rifle size guns have a lot more metal to help absorb the heat and usually have some type of cooling system to help. During WW2 the Germans started putting water jackets on their machine guns due to the extreme heat. A small gun like the Jennings can get very hot very fast with repeated firing and a chambered round sitting could absorb that heat possibly leading to a cook off. The Jennings sear is also cheap metal, I've seen them fail with as few as 500 rounds but usually last about 1500 before needing replacement. Never buy a used gun with out checking the wear on internal parts such as the sear. ALL guns have a life expectancy they are after all just a machine.
I never purchase anything without checking it over, and certainly not were it could cost me my life.
With a little TLC a quality tool can last a lifetime.
Junk is manufactured because some folks are willing to buy it.

“Tilt my hat at the sun”

Since: Jun 12

And the shadows they burn dark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

for real wrote:
<quoted text>FYI the last King of England died in 1952 ... hardly centuries ago. Unless centuries has a different meaning in the US than the rest of the world??
My understaning is since The United Kingdom was formed there's been no "King of England" & the title King or Queen of England hasn't been used since the early 1700's.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you miss all the moral lessons taught at school or don't they teach these in America, the one no prizes for second place should be applied for this post of yours....and if you had any schooling at all you would know why...most likely lucked out there to didn't you!
Add a couple of commas and you might make a little sense.

You know, those squiggly things they teach about, in grade school.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You start sentences with Jane you slut! why don't you just say Hi, folks I am a dumb ineducated moron and a sexist in the 21st century, me and mine were left behind in the intelligence stakes my mother was a whore and my father a retard...that is what it so obviously stating when your conversation is limited...lucky for me there are prehistoric men like you in our country and some of us learnt their language so we could get them to come out of the jungle to be put in cages and isolated from the rest of civilised society. They must allow you to run free over there and now you are infecting everyone, now I understand part of the reason most need a gun
That would be Jane you ignorant slut,

A favored insult from the liberal show, Saturday Night Live.

oog, oog, grunt, rumble mumble.

Hey,, I am channeling one of the aborigines you disarmed and them slaughtered.

I am sure you did not see an insult until after your pathetic attempts to insult here.

I do not hurl the 1st stone, but I hurl them much better than little old you.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
OH DER! Billy Bob you lost that one way back when, remember!...Guess the head injuries are hurting your foot today!
Ahh, delusions of significance.

Why in the world do you think your ignorance is an opinion?

Better bring your mates along, if they are like you all of you together might be able to speak without drooling.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so stupid, that you don't even have the smarts to get sick of looking stupid.
I must say I am happy you have have eliminated yourself from any possible intelligent argument.

Makes it easier to just dish out insults,

you smegma ridden douce bag.

Feel free to try and find another reference. I would love to have another fact supporting my notions.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

spider1954 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ziggy told me the the line, Jane you ignorant slut was from some US comedy show I believe. Dont know if you ever heard the saying about sticks and stones and breaking bones, words will never hurt you.
Your post shows that your upset, as a self confessed intelectual, I would have thought you could of made the effort to rise above.
Naw, little petty tyrants are so easy to drag down.

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh but you will tolerate over use of stupidity on this site by Zigmund and Aquarius, what does that say about you?
Jane you ignorant slut,

I show you the error of your ways and you call me stupid.

Hah, you would not know stupid if you crapped it out and ate it.

Wait, you have.

I have seen your posts.

What a fragile llittle ego you have to have a hissy fit because you were shown the error of your ways.

With your own reference.

Pitiful, just pitiful

“Now thats a tin hat!”

Blue Ridge Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Light Bearer wrote:
There are more gun dealers than MaclDonalds in the US.
Hilarious.
Otherwise there would be more fat people than prisoners in the biggest Super Police State the world has ever known.
Jane you ignorant slut,

there are more fat people that inmates.

More stupid from the thai boy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 72,141 - 72,160 of103,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the US News Forum right now

Search the US News Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
US condemns 'heinous murder' of Palestinian teen 5 min Rick Moss 316
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min nanoanomaly 1,071,177
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Limbertwig 144,599
The crux of the problem is Iran 13 min voice of peace 2
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 32 min Quirky 239,451
Obama blamed for immigration influx 39 min Chicopee 66
Pennsylvania clerk loses bid against gay marriage 45 min Jumper The wise 2
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 50,251
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••