Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in ele...

Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in elementary school shooting in Conn.

There are 1567 comments on the The Washington Post story from Dec 14, 2012, titled Gunman dead, 1 teacher wounded in elementary school shooting in Conn.. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

A shooting at a Connecticut elementary school Friday left the gunman dead and at least one teacher wounded and sent frightened pupils into the parking lot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1417 Jan 2, 2013
SACRAMENTO, CA - Two people were shot dead and three were wounded in Old Sacramento Monday night.

Sacramento police spokeswoman Officer Michelle Gigante said the violence began in the Sports Corner Cafe bar and spilled out into the street on the 1000 block of 2nd Street.

There was a fight and a man brandished a gun, firing several rounds at those in the confrontation, Gigante said. An employee tried to break up the fight.

A 30-year-old woman, a 35-year-old man and an employee in their 20s were shot, Gigante said. The man and employee died. The woman was shot in her lower body. She was expected to survive.

Location hidden

#1419 Jan 2, 2013
JACKSONVILLE, NC- Jacksonville police have identified a woman who they say was shot to death Sunday night outside of a bingo hall.

Location hidden

#1421 Jan 2, 2013
Here's a family shooting for ya:

By Cassondra Strande and Chris Hrapsky The Arizona Republic-12 News Breaking News Team Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:18 AM

A 22-year-old man was apparently killed accidentally by his sister who was playing with a gun in Phoenix early Monday morning.

The man was shot in the head in an apartment complex near 35th Avenue and McDowell Road in Phoenix, said Sgt. Steve Martos, a police spokesman.

Both the man and the sister were drinking with a small group of people in the apartment. Someone in the group pulled out a handgun to take photos with it, Martos said.

The manís 19-year-old sister was apparently playing with the gun when it accidentally discharged, Martos said.

Location hidden

#1422 Jan 2, 2013
I got about twenty more for yesterday...

want to see them?
barry

Fort Payne, AL

#1423 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
I've got lots of links.
Here's what I saw today:
Clayton, N.C.ó Two men were charged Tuesday night in an early morning shooting at a New Year's party in Clayton that left one man dead and two others wounded.
Monteese Sharick Ray, 35, of Ranch Road in Clayton, was charged with first-degree murder, and Marcellus Caryle Sinclair, 29, also of Ranch Road, was charged with two counts of attempted murder. Ray was being held without bond in the Johnston County jail, and Sinclair was held under a $9 million bond.
A fight broke out in the American Legion Post 71, which was rented for a party, and spilled outside around 2 a.m. Shots were fired and three people were hit, Johnston County authorities said.
Friends took one of the shooting victims, Daniel Anthony Laboy Jr., 19, of Clayton, to Johnston Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
The wounded men were identified as Jimmy Rashawn Raiford, 23, of Smithfield, and Marcus Dominque Faison, 20, of Four Oaks. They were treated for non-life-threatening injuries, authorities said.
Deputies haven't determined a motive for the shooting, which remains under investigation, authorities said.
the correct answer was no,
you didn't post and probably didn't have a link for a twelve year old walking through the woods and accidently shooting his friend when he tripped. made that up didn't you?

but you did however find a story about a possible crime involving criminals that doesn't give us all the details. so what does that prove? the bad guys had guns illegally?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#1424 Jan 2, 2013

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1425 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
I got about twenty more for yesterday...
want to see them?
It's about time to mosey along knucklehead, these folks have figured you out too.
barry

Fort Payne, AL

#1426 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
I've got lots of links.
Here's what I saw today:
Clayton, N.C.ó Two men were charged Tuesday night in an early morning shooting at a New Year's party in Clayton that left one man dead and two others wounded.
Monteese Sharick Ray, 35, of Ranch Road in Clayton, was charged with first-degree murder, and Marcellus Caryle Sinclair, 29, also of Ranch Road, was charged with two counts of attempted murder. Ray was being held without bond in the Johnston County jail, and Sinclair was held under a $9 million bond.
A fight broke out in the American Legion Post 71, which was rented for a party, and spilled outside around 2 a.m. Shots were fired and three people were hit, Johnston County authorities said.
Friends took one of the shooting victims, Daniel Anthony Laboy Jr., 19, of Clayton, to Johnston Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
The wounded men were identified as Jimmy Rashawn Raiford, 23, of Smithfield, and Marcus Dominque Faison, 20, of Four Oaks. They were treated for non-life-threatening injuries, authorities said.
Deputies haven't determined a motive for the shooting, which remains under investigation, authorities said.
oh and the latest news is that the victim himself was being charged with "the shooting in August of another teenager. Raheem Foye, 17, was shot in the face at the Blazing Saddle Club. Laboy was charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill. At the time, Laboy was a senior at Clayton High School."

sounds like you picked a good one, criminals killing criminals with guns that were probally obtained illegally.
barry

Fort Payne, AL

#1427 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
JACKSONVILLE, NC- Jacksonville police have identified a woman who they say was shot to death Sunday night outside of a bingo hall.
she was ex marine, killed during a robbery. if she was carrying might she still have been alive?
so what law could possibly have prevented the criminal from carrying a gun? an assault rifle ban?
barry

Fort Payne, AL

#1428 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
Here's a family shooting for ya:
By Cassondra Strande and Chris Hrapsky The Arizona Republic-12 News Breaking News Team Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:18 AM
A 22-year-old man was apparently killed accidentally by his sister who was playing with a gun in Phoenix early Monday morning.
The man was shot in the head in an apartment complex near 35th Avenue and McDowell Road in Phoenix, said Sgt. Steve Martos, a police spokesman.
Both the man and the sister were drinking with a small group of people in the apartment. Someone in the group pulled out a handgun to take photos with it, Martos said.
The manís 19-year-old sister was apparently playing with the gun when it accidentally discharged, Martos said.
alcohol brings out the best and the brightest.
barry

Fort Payne, AL

#1429 Jan 2, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
SACRAMENTO, CA - Two people were shot dead and three were wounded in Old Sacramento Monday night.
Sacramento police spokeswoman Officer Michelle Gigante said the violence began in the Sports Corner Cafe bar and spilled out into the street on the 1000 block of 2nd Street.
There was a fight and a man brandished a gun, firing several rounds at those in the confrontation, Gigante said. An employee tried to break up the fight.
A 30-year-old woman, a 35-year-old man and an employee in their 20s were shot, Gigante said. The man and employee died. The woman was shot in her lower body. She was expected to survive.
you conveniently left this out of this story;

"An armed security guard who was near a side door heard gunshots, confronted the shooter inside the bar and exchanged shots with him, Gigante said. Both were shot.
The gunman, still armed with the gun, ran..."

seems as though someone with a gun may have prevented more people from dying.

you have not addressed the question as to what law could have possibly prevented these shootings?

you consistently want to take guns from law abiding citizens and give the advantage to the criminal. you're such a great guy.

Location hidden

#1430 Jan 2, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>the correct answer was no,
You don't have any correct answers, honey.

Location hidden

#1431 Jan 2, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>you conveniently left this out of this story;
I copy three paragraphs or so, dear.

You are welcome to look up the entire story.

Location hidden

#1432 Jan 2, 2013
barry wrote:
<
sounds like you picked a good one, criminals killing criminals with guns that were probally obtained illegally.
"Probally" - you have no idea, Shug, the guns did not come from the gun fairy and to be sure: it is really easy to get a gun, the NRA doesn't think background checks are needed for private gun sales and gun owners don't want to go through the extra effort of having the transaction checked at a gun shop.

I didn't pick them, dear, they are in the clue of people killed today.

Location hidden

#1433 Jan 2, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>she was ex marine, killed during a robbery. if she was carrying might she still have been alive?
Might have?

You do see she is now in a morgue?

She might have had a piece and tried to pull it and died.

I have to tell you: If I am holding a gun on you and you reach for your pocket: I am going to empty the clip.

Location hidden

#1434 Jan 2, 2013
barry wrote:
you didn't post and probably didn't have a link for a twelve year old walking through the woods and accidently shooting his friend when he tripped. made that up didn't you?
There are 25 shootings- on average- per day and I told you this happened the day after Christmas.

Look for "boy kills friend with rifle"- you may get a few hundred hits. Narrow it down to 2012 and you get a few dozen.

PS: It's 'accidentally'.

You shouldn't make fun of the spelling of others. I make them all the time but you make them in every post.

Location hidden

#1435 Jan 2, 2013
barry wrote:
<quoted text>alcohol brings out the best and the brightest.
Mixed with guns: people die.

Other places: stabbed with forks, maybe.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#1437 Jan 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Louisiana is as red as all the other states listed- red's at the top of the gun fatality list.
New Orleans: still part of Louisiana... so I heard.
You really are thick, aren't you....

“Life is Good”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#1438 Jan 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is hard to stop you and your fellow gun gnutters, that is for sure.
You put the assault weapons in their hands.
PS: there is nothing you can do to stop the assault weapons ban.
my my my changing definitions again......the liberal way to try and win a debate. List five instances when an assault rifle was put in their hands.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#1439 Jan 3, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>my my my changing definitions again......the liberal way to try and win a debate. List five instances when an assault rifle was put in their hands.
There is no need for people to have assault rifles, period, Jimbo. It isn't a liberal or conservative issue. The issue is protecting our children and schools.

See if you can get your head out of your ass long enough to grasp that fact instead of seeing everything through political eyes. You make me sick with your ignorance. Old age is wasted on you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min DBWriter 1,261,811
News Meet the Candidate: Carly Fiorina 3 min barefoot2626 868
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 3 min Jaimie 416
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Taletha 336,158
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 4 min Wondering 1,129
News Republican-led House panel seeks interview with... 4 min Cat74 20
News 2016 Republicans use Trump, TV to make debate cut 4 min barefoot2626 37
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Rogue Scholar 05 194,323
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Winchester 189,720
News Hillary Clinton on emails: 'The facts are prett... 1 hr Synque 68
More from around the web