China scales back military ties with ...

China scales back military ties with United States over F-16s

There are 18 comments on the Rome News story from Sep 26, 2011, titled China scales back military ties with United States over F-16s. In it, Rome News reports that:

China plans to cancel or postpone some U.S.-China military exchanges after Washington last week announced it would upgrade Taiwan's fleet of F-16 fighter jets, a senior U.S. official said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rome News.

moses tuches kestenbaum

United States

#3 Sep 26, 2011
China go kakken

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#4 Sep 26, 2011
does it make sense to outsource all your jobs, and build all your factories in a country that you might go to war with?
Curtis Lowe

United States

#5 Sep 26, 2011
That General Tso makes a hell of a chicken dish.

Since: Sep 11

Fremont, CA

#7 Sep 27, 2011
Supply High Quality nikon coolpix s2500 battery,replacement for nikon coolpix s2500 digital camera battery, best price for nikon coolpix s2500 digital camera battery
http://www.start-battery.com/nikon/coolpix+s2...

Since: Aug 10

Decatur, GA

#8 Sep 27, 2011
Asian Guy wrote:
does it make sense to outsource all your jobs, and build all your factories in a country that you might go to war with?
Apparently it does to American companies. They can get cheap labor and no regulations. They don't give crap about America. If China were to bombed us out of existence tomorrow, Microsoft, AT&T and GE would just move their company headquarters to Beijing.

Inconvenient Truth

“DEMOCRATS ARE JACKASSES”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#10 Sep 27, 2011
tidy catz wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently it does to American companies. They can get cheap labor and no regulations. They don't give crap about America. If China were to bombed us out of existence tomorrow, Microsoft, AT&T and GE would just move their company headquarters to Beijing.
You really need to start getting out of the box. Companies are not in the business of losing money and going bankrupt. You need to start asking why American companies are going to other countries and why there are no foreign companies coming here. We have the high-test tax rate for companies in the world. That is why we as a nation are going broke and losing big companies and right now we are losing the small ones because of regulations and taxes. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid for once and listen to some programs that are telling us this. That's why are freaking unemployment rate is so damn high and it's not big business it is big government that is doing it,

Since: Aug 10

Decatur, GA

#11 Sep 27, 2011
Inconvenient Truth wrote:
<quoted text>You really need to start getting out of the box. Companies are not in the business of losing money and going bankrupt. You need to start asking why American companies are going to other countries and why there are no foreign companies coming here. We have the high-test tax rate for companies in the world. That is why we as a nation are going broke and losing big companies and right now we are losing the small ones because of regulations and taxes. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid for once and listen to some programs that are telling us this. That's why are freaking unemployment rate is so damn high and it's not big business it is big government that is doing it,
Oh, blah, blah, blah. That's all you idiots want to do is get rid of that corporate tax rate. Who in HELL do you think is going to make up for that lost revenue? We can't pay our bills as it is. Take away all the corporate tax that is paid and ask yourself WHO will make up for that loss. Yep, the little 'ol individual tax payer.

Ending corporate tax is NOT going to create jobs because these businesses have learned to find cheap labor. They've learned to find labor they don't have to pay a decent wage to or provide health insurance for, or give a vacation to.

Regulations and taxes, my ass. If it were as simple as bailing out of America because of regulations and taxes these companies would have taken American employees overseas with them. But noooooo. If you think for one second they'll give up paying a little Indonesian woman fifty cents an hour to sew up T-shirts as opposed to an American woman for $10.00 an hour plus benefits, you're nuts. They want cheap labor AND no taxes and you're falling for their bullcrap.

There is absolutely NO guarantee that these companies will hire ANYONE no matter what you do for them. Take away their taxes and let them run amok. Exactly how many Americans have they guaranteed employment for if that happens?
Rico

Guatemala

#12 Sep 27, 2011
China tightens the 'Thumb Screws', will the U.S. cry 'Uncle'?
Who to vote for

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Sep 27, 2011
China should cut us a break. All of that Walmart money hemmoraged from this country should allow them to counter this move.

Since: Dec 07

Chandler, TX

#14 Sep 27, 2011
tidy catz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, blah, blah, blah. That's all you idiots want to do is get rid of that corporate tax rate. Who in HELL do you think is going to make up for that lost revenue? We can't pay our bills as it is. Take away all the corporate tax that is paid and ask yourself WHO will make up for that loss. Yep, the little 'ol individual tax payer.
Ending corporate tax is NOT going to create jobs because these businesses have learned to find cheap labor. They've learned to find labor they don't have to pay a decent wage to or provide health insurance for, or give a vacation to.
Regulations and taxes, my ass. If it were as simple as bailing out of America because of regulations and taxes these companies would have taken American employees overseas with them. But noooooo. If you think for one second they'll give up paying a little Indonesian woman fifty cents an hour to sew up T-shirts as opposed to an American woman for $10.00 an hour plus benefits, you're nuts. They want cheap labor AND no taxes and you're falling for their bullcrap.
There is absolutely NO guarantee that these companies will hire ANYONE no matter what you do for them. Take away their taxes and let them run amok. Exactly how many Americans have they guaranteed employment for if that happens?
So your suggesting we send in the army to all the corporations and say "alright, hire people!" Yeah, that'll work.

How about we say, "you're going to pay 75% taxes whether you like it or not, and your not moving anywhere!" That'll work!!

The left is clueless on an answer. Just whine and complain.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#16 Sep 27, 2011
tidy catz wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently it does to American companies. They can get cheap labor and no regulations. They don't give crap about America. If China were to bombed us out of existence tomorrow, Microsoft, AT&T and GE would just move their company headquarters to Beijing.
actually, I think china would just nationalize them. that is how they work.

Inconvenient Truth

“DEMOCRATS ARE JACKASSES”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#17 Sep 27, 2011
Who to vote for wrote:
China should cut us a break. All of that Walmart money hemmoraged from this country should allow them to counter this move.
Why should they? The US goverment didn't azz face.

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

#18 Sep 27, 2011
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, I think china would just nationalize them. that is how they work.
Nah, then they wouldn't have anyone to copy!

“It's 420 here.”

Since: Jun 07

cold comfort farm

#19 Sep 27, 2011
So, no Playstations before Christmas?
moses kestenbaum ODA

United States

#20 Sep 27, 2011
Good riddance, communist china should go piss

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#21 Sep 27, 2011
This country is too busy taking care of everybody else to take care of its own. Trade agreements, greedy unions and corrupt politicians have have almost taken us down a road where there will be no return. China is just doing what should have been done here years ago, become competitive in a GLOBAL market. When it became a global economy, commercial economic adjustments in this country by our gov't were not made in order to compete in the global marketplace. Now, because our do nothing gov't didn't gradually lower Corporate Tax Rates, Initiate National Right to Work, etc., our multi-national corporations are moving to friendlier and cheaper areas of operation. You can call it corporate greed if you want to, thats the nature of the corporate beast, a corporation has to do what is profitable to the company and act in the best interest(s) of the stockholders. How fast would you sell your stock if the company you held was becoming unprofitable just because you wanted that company to stay here? It's really a NO-BRAINER, employEES have got to have an employER, multi-national companies have got to be able to be profitable to be located here. Mom & Pop operations MUST put up with the crap DC puts out, multi-nationals don't.
Jamse D Morrison

Monessen, PA

#22 Sep 28, 2011
China owns BHO.
moses tuches kestenbaum

United States

#23 Oct 2, 2011
The ODA says China go to hell

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min VetnorsGate 1,709,641
News Illegal immigrant pleads guilty and vows to sel... 16 min C Kersey 4
News Billy Graham: Pastor to presidents for more tha... 17 min OneWomynRiot 8
News 2 dead, 17 wounded in shooting at Kentucky high... 21 min javawhey 916
News The Latest: Angry students, parents confront Se... 26 min ShootCommiesOnSight 54
News Dem Sen Nelson: 'Let's Get These Assault Weapon... 36 min javawhey 288
News NORC Poll: Most have grim outlook on America's ... 37 min DR X 12
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 45 min Maria 60,404
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr unborn lives matter 330,856
News 'Get on the Right Side': Shooting Survivors Dec... 2 hr youll shoot your ... 398
News FBI in public fight with Trump over releasing R... 3 hr Lawrence Wolf 1,771
More from around the web