Kansas bill would allow spanking that...

Kansas bill would allow spanking that leaves marks

There are 58 comments on the KRDO-TV Colorado Springs story from Feb 18, 2014, titled Kansas bill would allow spanking that leaves marks. In it, KRDO-TV Colorado Springs reports that:

A Kansas lawmaker is proposing a bill that would allow teachers, caregivers and parents to spank children hard enough to leave marks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KRDO-TV Colorado Springs.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
INFIDEL

Socorro, NM

#1 Feb 18, 2014
My dad used to start every school year with a parent-teacher conference that basically amounted to this...
My son is a good boy and I intend for you to help keep him that way. Sometimes he gets a little rambunctious and needs a some discipline.
When that happens, know that you have my permission to whip his butt. But if you send him home to me with bruises or marks on him they had better be on his butt. If I see bruises or welts there I will probably end up putting some more there myself. But if you send him home with bruises or marks anyplace else just know that I will be coming to find you and put some bruises and marks on you. My dad didn't spank me very often but I remember every single time. He believed that if you have to spank a boy then do it right and you won't have to do it very often.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2 Feb 18, 2014
That's called physical abuse, even when parents do it.

If ANYONE EVER lays a hand on my child in such a manner, they will answer to ME.

I don't care what the law says; you'll be in need of hospitalization or an undertaker when I'm done with you.
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Feb 18, 2014
If a parent is driven to laying into his delinquent, drugged son glaring at his father and telling him to stick his demands where the sun doesn't shine, it is next to impossible to guarantee all the lashes will land on his butt. Some may land on his thighs. It is the hippie drugged pussy generation leading our children down hell's path and giving them so much BS avoid responsibility and whatever feels good crap, that they don't know what inhibitions are and why they are protections of human beings. So, without taking a belt to your druggie rebellious son, you make him into a queer. Sociopaths turn your son onto drugs; only a belt will give him a clear idea of social parameters, so he won't become a queer serial killer. As for teachers and others of authority dealing with the druggie subcultures egged on by pervert parents not doing their jobs, paddles on bare asses should do the job. If not, a good fist fight should settle the kid down to learning.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#4 Feb 18, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
If a parent is driven to laying into his delinquent, drugged son glaring at his father and telling him to stick his demands where the sun doesn't shine, it is next to impossible to guarantee all the lashes will land on his butt. Some may land on his thighs. It is the hippie drugged pussy generation leading our children down hell's path and giving them so much BS avoid responsibility and whatever feels good crap, that they don't know what inhibitions are and why they are protections of human beings. So, without taking a belt to your druggie rebellious son, you make him into a queer. Sociopaths turn your son onto drugs; only a belt will give him a clear idea of social parameters, so he won't become a queer serial killer. As for teachers and others of authority dealing with the druggie subcultures egged on by pervert parents not doing their jobs, paddles on bare asses should do the job. If not, a good fist fight should settle the kid down to learning.
If parents raised their children right, there would be no need for ANYONE to lay a hand on them, including the parents.

Only lazy or stupid parents us physical force to discipline their children.

Obviously you're one of the stupid & lazy.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#5 Feb 18, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
That's called physical abuse, even when parents do it.
If ANYONE EVER lays a hand on my child in such a manner, they will answer to ME.
I don't care what the law says; you'll be in need of hospitalization or an undertaker when I'm done with you.
you have children????
those poor kids!

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#6 Feb 18, 2014
INFIDEL wrote:
My dad used to start every school year with a parent-teacher conference that basically amounted to this...
My son is a good boy and I intend for you to help keep him that way. Sometimes he gets a little rambunctious and needs a some discipline.
When that happens, know that you have my permission to whip his butt. But if you send him home to me with bruises or marks on him they had better be on his butt. If I see bruises or welts there I will probably end up putting some more there myself. But if you send him home with bruises or marks anyplace else just know that I will be coming to find you and put some bruises and marks on you. My dad didn't spank me very often but I remember every single time. He believed that if you have to spank a boy then do it right and you won't have to do it very often.
there IS a reason why so many children of today, AND their parents are as helpless and hopeless as they are...
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Feb 18, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
If parents raised their children right, there would be no need for ANYONE to lay a hand on them, including the parents.
Only lazy or stupid parents us physical force to discipline their children.
Obviously you're one of the stupid & lazy.
Here's news for ya... the world ain't perfect; you queers and deluded queer supporters drug our children and turn them into monsters. Such is evident every day. Keep you sociopaths from deluding and molesting children... then intelligence can rule a parent/child relationship. You idiots cry "abuse" so there is more opportunity to destroy families. You Marxist weakling scum aren't fooling anyone; you spoil everyone you indoctrinate. You teach rebellion. You confuse children. Then, you try to prohibit anyone from controlling the problems you create with your legal and illegal drugs.
Who

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 Feb 18, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
That's called physical abuse, even when parents do it.
If ANYONE EVER lays a hand on my child in such a manner, they will answer to ME.
I don't care what the law says; you'll be in need of hospitalization or an undertaker when I'm done with you.
So I assume your kid is as big a douchebag as you then?
Who

Grand Rapids, MI

#12 Feb 18, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
If parents raised their children right, there would be no need for ANYONE to lay a hand on them, including the parents.
Only lazy or stupid parents us physical force to discipline their children.
Obviously you're one of the stupid & lazy.
So that's why so many children of liberals are mouthy, arrogant, snotty, spoiled rotten, little dickheads? Because of the "good parenting" the liberal parents who act the same way?

I don't see the downside of this bill.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#13 Feb 18, 2014
With Democrats like Finney, who needs Republicans?
If she ever came near my kids, I'd advise them to beat the crap out of her.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#14 Feb 18, 2014
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
there IS a reason why so many children of today, AND their parents are as helpless and hopeless as they are...
What about all the government intervention bullshit from your ilk?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#15 Feb 18, 2014
INFIDEL wrote:
My dad used to start every school year with a parent-teacher conference that basically amounted to this...
My son is a good boy and I intend for you to help keep him that way. Sometimes he gets a little rambunctious and needs a some discipline.
When that happens, know that you have my permission to whip his butt. But if you send him home to me with bruises or marks on him they had better be on his butt. If I see bruises or welts there I will probably end up putting some more there myself. But if you send him home with bruises or marks anyplace else just know that I will be coming to find you and put some bruises and marks on you. My dad didn't spank me very often but I remember every single time. He believed that if you have to spank a boy then do it right and you won't have to do it very often.
And you see what became of you.

My dad once punched me in the stomach. I bopped him back on the dome. Then we both took the gloves off forever.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#16 Feb 18, 2014
The prisons and juvenile detention centers are full of kids that were raised with no discipline.

If you don't discipline children as they are growing up, the courts will do it when they are adults.

40 years of not hurting their little feelings has given America the largest prison population on the planet.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#17 Feb 18, 2014
Bama Yankee wrote:
The prisons and juvenile detention centers are full of kids that were raised with no discipline.
If you don't discipline children as they are growing up, the courts will do it when they are adults.
40 years of not hurting their little feelings has given America the largest prison population on the planet.
if as a parent you have to resort to physical violence, then you have already failed at disciplining your kids...
Who

Grand Rapids, MI

#18 Feb 19, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if as a parent you have to resort to physical violence, then you have already failed at disciplining your kids...
Yup, and all the bratty, rude, snotty, mouthy, lazy, disrespectful, punks running around with piercings, bad haircuts and tattoos are a testiment to the liberal parenting techniques.

Little Johnny Sonofabitch is just "expressing" himself...

You're an idiot.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#19 Feb 19, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's news for ya... the world ain't perfect; you queers and deluded queer supporters drug our children and turn them into monsters. Such is evident every day. Keep you sociopaths from deluding and molesting children... then intelligence can rule a parent/child relationship. You idiots cry "abuse" so there is more opportunity to destroy families. You Marxist weakling scum aren't fooling anyone; you spoil everyone you indoctrinate. You teach rebellion. You confuse children. Then, you try to prohibit anyone from controlling the problems you create with your legal and illegal drugs.
The only drug my daughter has ever taken is aspirin.

If you can't keep your kids off drugs, then you're not doing your job as a parent.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#20 Feb 19, 2014
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
So that's why so many children of liberals are mouthy, arrogant, snotty, spoiled rotten, little dickheads? Because of the "good parenting" the liberal parents who act the same way?
I don't see the downside of this bill.
You don't see the downside to physically beating a child?

Gee, why doesn't that surprise anyone...

Using physical force to discipline a child teaches them to use physical force on others to resolve problems.

Every wife-beater & child abuser alive today was physically abused as a child themselves.

Every violent felon in prison today was physically abused as a child.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#21 Feb 19, 2014
Bama Yankee wrote:
The prisons and juvenile detention centers are full of kids that were raised with no discipline.
If you don't discipline children as they are growing up, the courts will do it when they are adults.
40 years of not hurting their little feelings has given America the largest prison population on the planet.
Beating a child is NOT discipline.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#22 Feb 19, 2014
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, and all the bratty, rude, snotty, mouthy, lazy, disrespectful, punks running around with piercings, bad haircuts and tattoos are a testiment to the liberal parenting techniques.
Little Johnny Sonofabitch is just "expressing" himself...
You're an idiot.
Oh I'm sure if you just pistol whip them they'll become little angels...
kokok

Albuquerque, NM

#23 Feb 19, 2014
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, and all the bratty, rude, snotty, mouthy, lazy, disrespectful, punks running around with piercings, bad haircuts and tattoos.
.
Most people stop seeing them as a 'child' at that point in life. Attempts in school discipline for this age group, gang infested, druggies woul predictably result in educators that could actually physically discipline one of these near 'adult' children would probably be victims of retaliation that could escalate all the way to a columbine type incident. I am sure the discipline schools want is more the pre-teen elementary school student that may not come back to school the next day with Daddys glock for revenge. Different times my friend, different times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump exchange with black journalist sparks out... 3 min Chilli J 9
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Realtime 1,496,542
News Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 3 min Waikiki ripoff 36,050
News Being conservative is not being racist 6 min Pessimistic1 487
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min Calisthenics 412,498
News Washington court rules against florist in gay w... 7 min Rainbow Kid 44
Rampant crime in Eugene, Oregon 8 min organized crime 1
News Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn r... 12 min Retribution 309
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 14 min Mustang 20,846
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Zippohead 237,202
More from around the web