Fast and Furious scandal: Obama exert...

Fast and Furious scandal: Obama exerts executive privilege; House...

There are 1695 comments on the The Washington Post story from Jun 20, 2012, titled Fast and Furious scandal: Obama exerts executive privilege; House.... In it, The Washington Post reports that:

President Obama asserted executive privilege over documents related to the "Fast and Furious" operation Wednesday as a House panel moved to hold Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Since: Jan 10

Las Vegas, NV

#446 Jun 21, 2012
obama said he knew nothing of F&F. Now all of a sudden executive privileged??? What does he know and when did he know it?

Also in the news today: House Speaker Boehner tells GOP not to gloat if obamacare is shot down by SCTOUS. I bet Boenher got advanced word on the decision. obama lost.
Obama amBUSHed by Crooks

Decatur, GA

#447 Jun 21, 2012
See the Light wrote:
<quoted text>Keep repeating what those Dems said, your guy istelling LIES. If not he would'nt need Executive Privilege, now would he. Yes you have made progress allright, bringing America down. Why, I don't know. Why don't all you treasonous, hateful and atheist people leave?
Executive privilege claims:
. Bush/Cheney 6x
. Obama 1X

Obama is Bush Junior.....
Obama amBUSHed by Crooks

Decatur, GA

#448 Jun 21, 2012
obama PETULANT LITTLE BOY wrote:
obama hussein MUST be impeached, then caged
Caged like the other American Negroes...

Supremacist GOP crooks stole Mafia skills from those Italian mob organizations

. American Mobsters are being replaced by the GOP Leadership....
NObama

Bel Air, MD

#449 Jun 21, 2012
Obama amBUSHed by Crooks wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you are son wrong,;I don't know whether you are naive or just a bad liar. GOP propaganda machine operates on scaring Whites and incite anger toward Negroes, Mexicans, Muslims and gays....
Watch Fox News, or listen to Rush Limbaugh and you'll understand what I'm talking about
. T-bag'rz took it to the street before Obama was able to put any policy in place. How did racist T-bag'rz then measure Obama's competance?
. Limbaugh told Whites to lookout for "Forced Reparation" policies from Obama: isn't that racism?
. Fox News told his viwers Obama hates White people, isn't that racism
. T-bag'rz protesting: "I want my Country Back" from them Negroes; isn't that racism
. Going after Rev. Wright for making statements similar to White preachers; isn't that racism
. Forcing Negro president to have a beer summit with a racist cop; isn't that racism
The list goes on.
Talk for yourself; the whole sabotage exercise in Congress is based on boycotting a Negro just to prove white supremacy rules!
hahaha~ I can't stop chuckling from your posting! I can't tell if you are just a teenager having "fun" with the public by some of your ridiculous statements. To answer each and every one of your questions above: "NO" that is NOT racism. Look up the definition of racism and see what you come up with. You have very strong, and obviously deeply-rooted beliefs in your hatred of "whitey" and it really shows. So sad... you would be so much happier if you would just do what is right, follow the laws, and vote for the best Pres. candidate, not the Democrat (who is really just holding you back from being your best). You are one of the strongly-brainwashed liberals who will just not open your eyes to the truth. Must be a regular viewer of Chris "chill up my leg" Matthews and Rachel "I'm a dumba$$ manhater" Maddow.
NObama

Bel Air, MD

#450 Jun 21, 2012
See the Light wrote:
Marine Patty, can't lie your way out of this one. There would bo NO need to use Ececutive Privilege, if there was not something to cover up.
Exactly... if you have nothing to hide, then prove it! Obama has been the LEAST transparent and MOST corrupt President in my lifetime. Honestly, most Democrats have lesser values than Repubs. I don't know why, but they tend to blame others for their mistakes, and don't feel that the lies apply to them. Not all, but most! If Obama had been the Pres that I voted for, I damn well would NOT give him another term! Why would I? I can admit I made a mistake by voting for him, and not make the same mistake twice. Dems take it personally that their "man" didn't live up to his standards, instead of just admitting their mistakes and moving on. Hell, even Bill Clinton admitted that Obama is an a$$. He wanted Hilary to run against him in the primaries. Hilary spoke the truth in the primary debates, too, about Obama. Maybe some of you bleeding-heart, brainwashed Libs should go back and watch those debates. She called out Obama for what he REALLY is!
Rambeaux

United States

#451 Jun 21, 2012
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
He single handedly found and killed Bin Laden? Really? All by him lonesome self? Someone did break this amazing news to the Seals, right? I would really hate for them to keep thinking they did it when obviously Obama single handedly did it all! Wow.. that truly makes him the Messiah!!
He parachuted in the compound in Abbotobad and faced Bin Laden with a loaded .44 Magnum and said,"Make my day!". lol
NObama

Bel Air, MD

#452 Jun 21, 2012
<quoted text>
Caged like the other American Negroes...
Supremacist GOP crooks stole Mafia skills from those Italian mob organizations
. American Mobsters are being replaced by the GOP Leadership....
hahahahaha~ you are hysterical!
smith1

United States

#453 Jun 21, 2012
lowball fungus wrote:
Obama has balls. When his sh*t starts to stink, he covers it up. I'm sure he's in the White House right now with a shredder and an email removal program. Not like that idiot Nixon who didn't have the smarts to destroy the tapes.
When you're the first black President the old rules no longer apply. You do whatever it takes to get re-elected. A few hundred dead Mexicans? No big deal compared with not having a black President in 2013, it's a small price to pay. Besides, he paid them back by giving amnesty to 800,000 others. Hell, Obama has let 10,000 Syrians dies to get re-elected. He won't lose any sleep over a few hundred Mexicans.
Obama has balls. Get used to it. Our duty is to support him against all those right-wingers and their old-fashioned view that we're a nation of laws. We're not. We're a nation that's for re-electing our first black President. Nothing else matters.
He makes Nixon and carter look likes Sanits.
smith1

United States

#454 Jun 21, 2012
NObama wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly... if you have nothing to hide, then prove it! Obama has been the LEAST transparent and MOST corrupt President in my lifetime. Honestly, most Democrats have lesser values than Repubs. I don't know why, but they tend to blame others for their mistakes, and don't feel that the lies apply to them. Not all, but most! If Obama had been the Pres that I voted for, I damn well would NOT give him another term! Why would I? I can admit I made a mistake by voting for him, and not make the same mistake twice. Dems take it personally that their "man" didn't live up to his standards, instead of just admitting their mistakes and moving on. Hell, even Bill Clinton admitted that Obama is an a$$. He wanted Hilary to run against him in the primaries. Hilary spoke the truth in the primary debates, too, about Obama. Maybe some of you bleeding-heart, brainwashed Libs should go back and watch those debates. She called out Obama for what he REALLY is!
Hilly and billy don't know what the truth is. why do you think oold
bammy b oy picked her.
smith1

United States

#455 Jun 21, 2012
<quoted text>
Executive privilege claims:
. Bush/Cheney 6x
. Obama 1X
Obama is Bush Junior.....
bammy boy has screwed your head up. he makes all the presidents look like saints. He was and is a liar, a crook, a leftist, and communist or whatever who is doing a very, very good job of taking the US down to a third world country. Since he is the military commander, he should be tried for treason and shot by a firing squad. Rules of war. we are at war we are in two to three more countries now.
smith1

United States

#456 Jun 21, 2012
NObama wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha~ I can't stop chuckling from your posting! I can't tell if you are just a teenager having "fun" with the public by some of your ridiculous statements. To answer each and every one of your questions above: "NO" that is NOT racism. Look up the definition of racism and see what you come up with. You have very strong, and obviously deeply-rooted beliefs in your hatred of "whitey" and it really shows. So sad... you would be so much happier if you would just do what is right, follow the laws, and vote for the best Pres. candidate, not the Democrat (who is really just holding you back from being your best). You are one of the strongly-brainwashed liberals who will just not open your eyes to the truth. Must be a regular viewer of Chris "chill up my leg" Matthews and Rachel "I'm a dumba$$ manhater" Maddow.
Racism was leveling off a little till bammy took over. racism will never die. Most politicans,, black, white, yellow, brown will tell you they are racist. most are lying, of course they can not helpt it, they are politicans. racism has picked 1000 percent since bammy has been in office.
lowball fungus

Greeley, CO

#457 Jun 21, 2012
smith1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He makes Nixon and carter look likes Sanits.
I don't know what a Sanit is, but yes, he makes them look like small-time amateurs. You see, race is the only thing that matters. If we don't have our first black President still in office for a second term, we are all racist. I know that for a fact. Furthermore, anyone who does not support Obama is a racist. There's not the least doubt about that either. What's more, no black person would ever be able to recover from this blow to their pride. They'd take it as a personal rebuke - each and every one of them. They think in a block, you see, so pretty muuch what one thinks, they all think. It's called racial identification.

They are also very sensitive and have no ego or self-respect of their own. By that, I mean that they live totally through Obama. If he fails, they all fail. What kind of heartless nation would we be to let an entire race fail? Especially when we can so easily protect them just by continuing to pretend our President has been a huge a success?

I learned all this stuff in my community college's race relations course. It has made me a better man. At least a lot better than all the racist crackers who demand performance of someone who they know quite well is incapabe of it. I mean, that's just cruel, isn't it?

I don't know about you, but I'm not willing to take the chance that we'd be a racist nation that makes blacks feel bad about themselves. I don't care what he's done or what he and Holder are hiding. Unless they're killing puppies with their bare teeth, I'm for Obama & Holder. I mean, somebody else killed that dog Obama ate right? Cause otherwise... never mind... I don't want to think about it.
GOP LESS EVIL

Smithfield, NC

#458 Jun 21, 2012
By: Rachel Pulaski

On December 14, 2010, Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was shot dead by a group of suspected drug cartel along the Mexican border in Peck Canyon, northwest of Nogales, Arizona. The guns used to kill Brian Terry were traced back to Operation Fast and Furious. In September 2011 the Attorney General of Mexico confirmed 200 murders happened in Mexico as a direct result of Operation Fast and Furious.

Now another murder connected to Operation Fast and Furious has surfaced. According to a congressional report released, Mario González Rodríguez, brother of the state attorney general of Chihuahua at the time, was also murdered by guns traced back to Operation Fast and Furious. The U.S. withheld this information from Mexican authorities for eight months.

The video shows Mario González Rodríguez handcuffed and surrounded by masked men holding guns.

The El Paso Times reported:

“On October 21, 2010, drug cartel members kidnapped Mario González Rodríguez from his office,” according to the 2011 congressional report.“At the time of the kidnapping, his sister Patricia González Rodríguez was the attorney general of the state of Chihuahua.”

Mexican officials said Patricia González Rodríguez was already on her way out because the new governor had been installed and a new state prosecutor was going to be appointed.

“A few days after the kidnapping,” the congressional report said,” a video surfaced on the Internet in which Mario González Rodríguez sat handcuffed, surrounded by five heavily armed men wearing masks, dressed in camouflage and bullet-proof vest.”

“Apparently, under duress,” the report said,“(González Rodríguez) alleged that his sister had ordered killings at the behest of the Juárez cartel … the video quickly went viral.”

Chihuahua state Attorney General Patricia González Rodríguez denied the allegations of drug corruption and traveled to Mexico City to seek the federal government’s help in investigating her brother’s murder. She is no longer in Chihuahua, and reportedly left Mexico for safety reasons.

A video of Mario González Rodríguez’s “interrogation” by armed men was carried on YouTube. The body of the well-known Chihuahua City lawyer was found Nov. 5, 2010, in a shallow grave.

Then, Mexican federal authorities, following a shootout with drug cartel suspects, seized 16 weapons and arrested eight men in connection with Mario González Rodríguez’s murder.

Mexican officials submitted information about the weapons to the ATF’s e-trace system, and the ATF traced two AK-47s to Operation Fast and Furious.

The congressional report said that an ATF email indicated that ATF officials in Phoenix who knew the two assault rifles came from the controversial operation withheld the information from Mexican officials until June 2011.

These deaths are a direct result of the DOJ’s attempt to suppress second amendment rights by using Fast and Furious documents to push more gun regulations on the great citizens of this country. We should certainly give Attorney General Eric Holder the credit he says he deserves for Operation Fast and Furious.http://www.thegatewayp undit.com/2012/05/guns-used-to -kill-brother-of-former-chihua hua-state-attorney-linked-to-o peration-fast-and-furious/
GOP LESS EVIL

Smithfield, NC

#459 Jun 21, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
I was so happy that President Obama poked his finger in the eye of that right-wing jerk Darrell Issa’s political witch hunt against the Black AG by invoking Executive Privilege… that bigoted tea-bagging bastard. Fast and Furious was a operation started during the Bush Administration… the right has bitten off more than they can chew on this one; they have no end game and this will backfire big time if they go forward with this frivolous ‘Contempt of congress’ vote.
Brian Terry, a 40-year-old former Marine and a native of Detroit, was a member of an elite Border Patrol unit and came across the bandits while on patrol overnight Dec. 14, 2010. Terry was killed and all but one of the bandits got away.

His killing drew additional attention when two guns found at the scene were connected to a botched federal operation known as Fast and Furious in which illegally obtained weapons were allowed across the border into Mexico.="Marine Corp Pat"] SOUNDS LIKE YOU DO NOT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT Brian Terry, a 40-year-old former Marine AND YOU CALL YOURSELF A MARINE,AM I MISSING SOMETHING??

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#460 Jun 21, 2012
obama PETULANT LITTLE BOY wrote:
obama hussein MUST be impeached, then caged
Today is the 224th anniversary of the ratification of the US Constitution.
I understand that he forgot it.
DangerousRiteWin gCrusader

Atlanta, GA

#461 Jun 21, 2012
smith1 wrote:
<quoted text>
bammy boy has screwed your head up. he makes all the presidents look like saints. He was and is a liar, a crook, a leftist, and communist or whatever who is doing a very, very good job of taking the US down to a third world country. Since he is the military commander, he should be tried for treason and shot by a firing squad. Rules of war. we are at war we are in two to three more countries now.
All hateful and libelous lies toward another Negro.

I dare you to support any of your claims with evidence.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#462 Jun 21, 2012
Basically, between bush and the illegal invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq and Obama and this illegal mess, it basically means that the feds are no longer holding themselves accountable to the public trust, making those who hold the office above the law. These jokers are going to screw around and get us invaded by a coalition of nations, possibly the EU and China, if they see that our country has become corrupted with power drunks at the wheel.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#463 Jun 21, 2012
allcladrad wrote:
Not sure how all of this got to the point where the president had to step in.
Congress was investigating what appeared to be a serious problem in a program run by the Justice dept.
That department didn't appear to fully cooperate and only supplied 7600 of the 100000 documents requested.
That department formed an opinion that what was given covered what was needed, congress disagreed.
Rather than provide the additional documentation, Justice risks a contempt of congress citation, regardless of the presidents action.
What is so important in those documents that they can't be given to a congressional committee?
On it's face Fast and Furious looks bad, refusing to cooperate with congress doesn't make it look any better.
Lending presidential power to the mix makes look even worse.
Someone needs to take a leadership role and get out in front of this. Hold whoever is responsible for the mistakes, lies and cover ups and let the law enforcement personnel get back to work.
Where do you people get your information? Faux News? 100,000 documents?

"Issa drafted the contempt resolution after Holder declined to turn over all of the 1,300 documents that the committee subpoenaed. Issa said the information was needed to consider legislative remedies to restructure the ATF. Critics contend that the GOP-led investigation is politically motivated."

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-pn

Issa was overstepping his authority. He has no right to documents that are part of an ongoing Attorney General investigation or ATF court cases. There is a limit on what communications he can request. He pushed the envelope and the Executive Branch pushed back. Now it is Issa who will have to jump through hoops..not the White House. He needed to be knocked down a few pegs.

No one is hiding anything. All Mr. Issa has to do is "demonstrate that the Presidential material he is requesting is "essential to the justice of the case."

Chief Justice Burger, writing for the majority in US v. Nixon noted: "Whatever the nature of the privilege of confidentiality of Presidential communications in the exercise of Art. II powers, the privilege can be said to derive from the SUPREMACY OF EACH BRANCH WITHIN ITS OWN ASSIGNED AREA OF CONSTITUTIONAL DUTIES. Certain powers and privileges flow from the nature of enumerated powers; the protection of the confidentiality of Presidential communications has similar constitutional underpinnings."

"If a President concludes that compliance with a subpoena would be injurious to the public interest, he may properly, as was done here, invoke a claim of privilege on the return of the subpoena. Upon receiving a claim of privilege from the Chief Executive, it becomes the further duty of the District Court to treat the subpoenaed material as presumptively privileged and to require the Special Prosecutor to demonstrate that the Presidential material was "essential to the justice of the [pending criminal] case." United States v. Burr, 25 F.Cas. at 192.

"The President's broad interest in confidentiality of communications will not be vitiated by disclosure of a LIMITED NUMBER OF CONVERSATIONS preliminarily shown to have some bearing on the pending criminal cases."

http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/histori ...

VN Vet

Richmond, VA

#464 Jun 21, 2012
DangerousRiteWingCrusader wrote:
<quoted text>
All hateful and libelous lies toward another Negro.
I dare you to support any of your claims with evidence.
This ain't got nothin to do with race you dumb azz racist.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#465 Jun 21, 2012
StellarKnight wrote:
If Obama hung a puppy by a tree on the white house lawn could he invoke executive priviledge to avoid criminal prosecution?
No, he could not.
If Obama raped a staffer in the Lincoln Bedroom could he invoke executive priviledge to avoid both criminal investigation and prosecution?
No, he could not.
Can the White House ignore a Congessional supeona by asserting executive priviledge and not turn over documents they once said did not exist?
No, they cannot.
Executive priviledge does not extend to blocking investigations. Records and conversations with heads of state or meetings. yes.
Ask Nixon.
Obama is a goner

Bush is a war criminal
Obama's legacy will be to go to pasture without getting his head blown off LOL

his secret service detail is going to be busy

selected prearranged speaches lol

a prisoner of world opinion and worse

detested by the vast majority of americans.

comon troll

judge that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min VetnorsGate 1,761,007
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min waaasssuuup 80,241
News Trump increases pressure on Justice Department 6 min fish snd poi 2
News Supreme Court delivers blow to workers' rights 6 min Lawrence Wolf 84
News Trump's plan will seek to 'harden' schools agai... 6 min Get Out 1,498
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 min June VanDerMark 340,740
News President Donald Trump has demanded answers abo... 9 min News Flash 197
News Barack and Michelle Obama sign Netflix deal to ... 20 min Go Trump 130