Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1404904 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1179060 Aug 2, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Ford also admired Josef Stalin and helped him build Tractor Plants and Farm Machinery Plants. A Capitalist actually helping out a mass murdering Communist. Weird.
Ford was self-serving, of course, and in the process pursued the American Dream. But he had some really screwed up ideas, too. I recall reading about how he twisted the arms of all his employees by telling them how to live, what to eat, how to dress, what to read, to such an extent that people actually thought he was off his rocker.
He also started up a Dearborn Newspaper that was Anti-Semitic and racially biased against blacks. After a number of years of heavy criticism, he was forced to close the paper.
He was a weird guy. A simple mechanic who became powerful and had some bizzare ideas. Definitely didn't like Jews. I think from personal business experience. I don't know that it was inbred to him.

In 1920's, the USA was instrumental in providing aid to a severe Russian famine, largely due to soviet mismanagement.

But we helped, and I think that's when Ford and others invested in the newly formed USSR, Ford built great tractors at the time, needed to help solve the famine!!

America was loved by soviet peasants who got grain in American grain bags, and turned the bags into clothing.

There's a PBS special on it.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1179061 Aug 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would you trust to evaluate if our Army is defense ready but a group of people who are aware of military readiness?
The law made the group bi-partisan, appointed by Sec of Defense--Hagel, and report to Congress directly. Cannot do much more to create a nonpartisan committee.
non partisan but all part of the military-industrial-congressio nal complex.

how bout some analysts from outside that group?

again, when has the military ever said they needed less, or even had enough money? the answer to this report should be for the militaryt o et more efficient. every member of the military i know talks about the incredible amount of waste and redundancy they have. time to trimt eh fat.

Location hidden

#1179062 Aug 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would you trust to evaluate if our Army is defense ready but a group of people who are aware of military readiness?
The law made the group bi-partisan, appointed by Sec of Defense--Hagel, and report to Congress directly. Cannot do much more to create a nonpartisan committee.
Bi partisan means twice as partisan.

They're all wolves looking at a sheep.

The taxpayer being the sheep.

I agree we need a strong defense. We candisagree on what that means.

I don't know why we're paying for Israel's defense.

We just handed over our armaments stored in Isreal. Do you really think they will pay a dime for it??

They're looking for an International effort to fund the rebuilding of Gaza, when it was them who blew it all up!!

Talk about Chutzpah!!

Why is that??
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1179063 Aug 2, 2014
Patrick wrote:
The Wall Street Journal editorial page
excoriated Republicans on Saturday for positioning themselves as the party of maximum deportations.
House Republicans late Friday night had succeeded in passing two immigration bills -- one measure that would strip protections from the young undocumented immigrants known as Dreamers and a funding bill meant to address the influx of 57,500 unaccompanied minors who have crossed the U.S.-Mexico border illegally. Republican leaders pulled a previous funding bill on Thursday, the last scheduled day before the House's August recess, due to objections from conservatives that it didn't go far enough.
The Journal's sharply worded op-ed scolded the GOP "Deportation Caucus" for putting on a "screaming match on the floor in full view of the national media" and lamented the party's message to minorities ahead of the midterm elections.
lol! It's amazing what reich wingers can do when they work all by themselves with no cooperation from anyone!

That must be their idea of 'working across the aisle!!!'

I love this comedy channel!

Location hidden

#1179064 Aug 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>don't you mean shinny?( but then you spell it zenophobic, so ...)
let's see, you are now taking the word of a proven lying scum like mdbuilder and a guy who cannot even spell his own moniker right...
you seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel looking to redeem yourself, pipsqueak...
But they're fellow conservatives. Just like you!!

You chose the scum filled pond to wallow in.

Pretty funny when you can't even get along with your own amigos, eh muchacho??

Location hidden

#1179065 Aug 2, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans are doing an outreach to minorities that they hate.
You mean like the Tea Party??

Location hidden

#1179066 Aug 2, 2014
I sense Carol lurking, just hoping I'll leave and she can start the night shift.

Soon.

Location hidden

#1179067 Aug 2, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
nutsack never gets taken to the Woodshed. Instead, he gets taken to the Outhouse 'cause he's full of shi t.
There is a possible way out of the broken correlation between Productivity and Employment that Wooddick alludes to and one way is with new industries. Video Games are a billion dollar industry that wasn't even there not so long ago. Carbon nano-tech is exploding in all fields. ALL.
Build it and they will come.
But the possibility of increasing industries popping up like mushrooms on a dung pile could be wishful thinking. How many "new" industries can we expect in a reasonable amount of time to stem the flow of unemployment? Open question.
Labor-Intensive Manufacturing or Creation is a dying idea. Computers can write software and perhaps will soon replace Air Traffic Controllers and Autoworkers.
The world needs the human mind more than it needs the human body. This has never occurred before in history.
Of course, if we're talking about niches like prostitution....
Woody says you're the bottom of the barrel.

I think he gives you far too much credit.

Location hidden

#1179068 Aug 2, 2014
The night shift is approaching rapidly.

I'm getting so sleepy..........

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1179069 Aug 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and when we cannot defend our self what difference will roads make?
Look senseless. The end of hostilities ALWAYS brings a new directive from the government — your services are no longer needed.

This is merely the latest in a long history of drawdowns, going back to the American Revolution,
which "restructures, repositions and reduces U.S. military forces after each major conflict." Live with it.
YYYY GUY

United States

#1179070 Aug 2, 2014
Ms. Pelosi, meet the ¨divine¨ Jonathan DelCarmen

Jonathan DelCarmen sounds like the kind of person Nancy Pelosi wants America to welcome and support. After all, he came to this country illegally as a child, at the tender age of 12. According to the Minority Leader of the House of Representatives, he might well be the next Moses or Jesus.

A 19-year-old charged with murder in connection with last week's fatal assault on a USC graduate student told immigration officials that he entered the country illegally about seven years ago, a federal official said.

The official, who was not authorized to speak publicly on the matter, said Jonathan DelCarmen made the comments during an interview at a Los Angeles County jail where he is being held in connection with the death of Xinran Ji, 24.
YYYY GUY

United States

#1179072 Aug 2, 2014
Ji or DelCarmen?

Coming here to sponge off taxpayers versus coming here to improve a brilliant mind, why we should make no distinctions. And coming here from a society where they don’t know how to use toilets versus coming here as a college graduate, why they’re all the same, Nancy and her friends would have us believe.

Canada, which is much admired by people who love to hate America, is highly selective about who it lets in as immigrants. I am all in favor of welcoming ediucated, productive epole like the late Mr. Ji.

Call me a racist if you will, but I don’t want any more violent, uneducated, and parasitical people coming here. Period. People like Mr. Ji are more than welcome.

Location hidden

#1179073 Aug 2, 2014
It's time for Carol and her nightly fairy tales.

It's been real.
YYYY GUY

United States

#1179074 Aug 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Look senseless. The end of hostilities ALWAYS brings a new directive from the government — your services are no longer needed.
This is merely the latest in a long history of drawdowns, going back to the American Revolution,
which "restructures, repositions and reduces U.S. military forces after each major conflict." Live with it.
Typical liberal -- favoring a meek, weak, toothless U.S..

Less money for the national defense = more for the parasites like Pajama Boy, Julia, and those illegally crossing our borders.

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1179076 Aug 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>non partisan but all part of the military-industrial-congressio nal complex.
how bout some analysts from outside that group?
again, when has the military ever said they needed less, or even had enough money? the answer to this report should be for the militaryt o et more efficient. every member of the military i know talks about the incredible amount of waste and redundancy they have. time to trimt eh fat.
How would anybody outside of the military or knowledgeable about defense know about necessary levels?

Nobody is saying there isn't waste, but inadequate levels is irresponsible.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1179077 Aug 2, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Bi partisan means twice as partisan.
They're all wolves looking at a sheep.
The taxpayer being the sheep.
I agree we need a strong defense. We candisagree on what that means.
I don't know why we're paying for Israel's defense.
We just handed over our armaments stored in Isreal. Do you really think they will pay a dime for it??
They're looking for an International effort to fund the rebuilding of Gaza, when it was them who blew it all up!!
Talk about Chutzpah!!
Why is that??
The sheep benefit from adequate defense. A country reluctant to defend itself has little value.

Now you are trying to mixed the defense budget with the State Dept. Two different issues
Hey Stupid

Chicago, IL

#1179079 Aug 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your president is a shit head.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1179080 Aug 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you mumbling about? We are discussing the Panels review that states Obama's planned budget is inadequate. Nothing to do with downsizing after a war but cuts that go too far.

Senseless, this is the issue

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1179081 Aug 2, 2014
How many times are Progressives in KY going to have to apologize for mocking the heritage of Mitch's wife. Today it was an alleged "Equality Activist" that stepped in it
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1179082 Aug 2, 2014
Cruz’s Outdated and Cynical Foreign Policy

Cruz is unfortunately all too typical of contemporary Republican hawks in that he wants to reproduce policies and ideas that haven’t been relevant for more than twenty years and rely on arguments that have little or no bearing on the contemporary world.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-KKK leader David Duke signs up to run for US... 1 min Captain Yesterday 101
News Trump bounces into the lead 1 min WasteWater 192
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 1 min spocko 301
News The View that Putin's Advisor Has on Obama's Uk... (Nov '14) 1 min Tn clm 6,113
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Dr Guru 219,552
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 2 min kuda 190
News Poll: Trump supporters unfazed by reversal on s... 3 min Captain Yesterday 258
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Crow__ 233,275
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min Born USA 391,375
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 8 min Captain Yesterday 280
More from around the web