Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1567014 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094927 Mar 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
People don't get to choose whether or not they fund our infrastructure or support our military. If you don't want to contribute, please leave. Simple as that.
government employees should be taxed each year on the value of the government contribution to their pension, instead of having a special loophole...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1094928 Mar 10, 2014
Emeem wrote:
It's hilarious watching Woodtick try to rein in the embarrassing ignorance of his fellow conservatives. Its like watching a guy trying to herd cats.
it's hilarious to watch you try to prove yourself against me...you're about as subtle as a brick wall. and make almost as good arguments as one...

so where is it you think i have been trying to rein in anyone, and whom is it you think i have been trying to rein?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094929 Mar 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair Tax people claim they need 30% for federal
PA has a 6% sales tax & It does not pay for the entire state government.
Dave lies as usual, because the PA sales tax excludes food and clothing, the bulk of most retail purchases......

California taxes both, and at a higher rate.....
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1094930 Mar 10, 2014
While Uruguay’s president grabbed international headlines for legalizing the government-controlled production and sale of weed to registered users, Mujica also presided over the legalization of abortion and gay marriage over the last two years.

In an interview with Brazilian news agency O Globo published Sunday, Mujica explained his administration’s logic.

“We applied a very simple principle: recognize the facts,” Mujica said, according to O Globo.“Gay marriage, please -- it’s older than the world. We had Julius Caesar, Alexander the Great, please. To say it’s modern, come on, it’s older than we are. It’s an objective reality that it exists. For us, not legalizing it would be to torture people needlessly.”

Uruguay became the third country in the Western hemisphere, after Canada and Argentina, to legalize gay marriage last year. The reform, backed by Mujica’s leftwing Broad Front, created one set of rules for all couples, replacing the words “husband and wife” with terms “contracting parties” for legal purposes, according to the Associated Press.

All couples may adopt children under the Uruguayan law.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/10/jose...

St. Croix valley

#1094931 Mar 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave lies as usual, because the PA sales tax excludes food and clothing, the bulk of most retail purchases......
California taxes both, and at a higher rate.....
is there anything you don't tax in CA? and you still have a crappy state.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1094932 Mar 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it's hilarious to watch you try to prove yourself against me...you're about as subtle as a brick wall. and make almost as good arguments as one...
so where is it you think i have been trying to rein in anyone, and whom is it you think i have been trying to rein?
Why would anyone want to measure themselves using you as a standard?
Too subtle?
How about this, you're a no-life egotistical moron that gets off by bullying your pathetically gullible conservative "friends".

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1094933 Mar 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Let it to Flacktard to keep up the lie of Obama's civilian force to be militaristic.
Is this a lie, fartsack?

Wealth rebounds — but mostly for the wealthy
By Rick Newman
12 hours ago
The Exchange

America is rich again — if you add up all the money. But a familiar, unhappy tale is playing out as the nation recovers the household wealth lost from 2007 to 2012.

The total amount of household net worth hit a new record of $80.7 trillion at the end of 2013, according to the Federal Reserve. That’s certainly better than the grueling declines that occurred during the twin housing and stock-market busts. But a deeper look at the numbers shows that the kind of wealth held primarily by the affluent — financial assets — has soared beyond prior levels, while the most common middle-class asset — home equity — is still far below prior highs

Still, the flow of money the Fed has been trying to pump into the economy has dried up before trickling down to many middle-class families. Of course, it’s better to have the wealthy back on their feet, in Prada footwear, than to have nobody back on their feet at all. But the middle class still has much further to go before it reclaims its prior level of prosperity. America isn’t quite as rich as the headline number suggests.

The rich get richer, the rest get squat, thanks Barry you douchebagging, hypocritical failure.

Where's the jobs, Dopey?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1094934 Mar 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
how about making government employees contribute the full cost of their pensions????...
and reducing the pensions if there is a shortfall instead of screwing the taxpayers....
close that loophole....
I have no problem with government employees contributing the full cost of their pensions as long as their pay is increased to make up the difference. Remember, the very reason people give up good higher paying jobs to work for the government is because of the benefits.

“you know i know”

denver

#1094935 Mar 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Flacktard too stupid to know that Presidential budgets are guidelines and not typically brought up to a vote.
Maybe Flacktard would like to present the examples where Presidentials budgets were submitted & passed without changes.
Then why does your stupid, ignorant , retarded ass keep blaming Bush for the budgets passed while he was president?

Imbecile.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1094936 Mar 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the fact is that the government convinced the suckers into converting to Roth IRAs to generate some up-front tax revenue...and now they are reneging on their promises.....
anybody eligible should withdraw their money now, before it is taxed......
Dumb, dumb... No one is taxing Roth IRAs.

St. Croix valley

#1094937 Mar 10, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anyone want to measure themselves using you as a standard?
Too subtle?
How about this, you're a no-life egotistical moron that gets off by bullying your pathetically gullible conservative "friends".
gee. it seems you try to do that to me and try to prove yourself doing it.

i deal with sane rational people very nicely...when idiots keep posting lie after provable lie, i lose patience with them and call them for what they are... fools like that do not deserve the common courtesy they deny others with their continuous lies.

and now to the matter at hand...you didn't answer any of your own posts topics....who am i reining in? who here is it you think are my conservative friends?

have you noticed how you always seem to run from the crux of the issues you dive mindlessly into?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1094938 Mar 10, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Smoking isn't normal human behavior lily__it's suicide with "all the options."
There is a terrific TV ad running in our state presently__"would you choose your your children over smoking?" Most states don't have the TV ads Florida does because most states didn't share in Florida's legal windfall which must* be spent on anti tobacco advertising..
*must is a nebulous word eh?
There is no reason on earth to smoke cigarettes__none!!!
I didn't say normal; I said I am against legislating human behavior. It should be up to a person if he or she chooses to smoke or not; drink or not, etc. People have been smoking and drinking and taking drugs forever; laws don't make it stop. I say; to each his own.
Legalize drugs, stop arresting drug addicts; I don't care if there are laws that prohibit smoking at work or school, but, what people do on their own time is their own damn business.

St. Croix valley

#1094939 Mar 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with government employees contributing the full cost of their pensions as long as their pay is increased to make up the difference. Remember, the very reason people give up good higher paying jobs to work for the government is because of the benefits.
when all the compensations are added up, gov't work has hihger pay than comparative private sector work...and their production is remarkably lower in almost every case...

that is just wrong. i fully believe in the concept of paying for the best. and it would be nice if we had that in our public employees, yet the opposite seems true. the facts show we pay them more and they do far less. that needs to change.

St. Croix valley

#1094940 Mar 10, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this a lie, fartsack?
Wealth rebounds — but mostly for the wealthy
By Rick Newman
12 hours ago
The Exchange
America is rich again — if you add up all the money. But a familiar, unhappy tale is playing out as the nation recovers the household wealth lost from 2007 to 2012.
The total amount of household net worth hit a new record of $80.7 trillion at the end of 2013, according to the Federal Reserve. That’s certainly better than the grueling declines that occurred during the twin housing and stock-market busts. But a deeper look at the numbers shows that the kind of wealth held primarily by the affluent — financial assets — has soared beyond prior levels, while the most common middle-class asset — home equity — is still far below prior highs
Still, the flow of money the Fed has been trying to pump into the economy has dried up before trickling down to many middle-class families. Of course, it’s better to have the wealthy back on their feet, in Prada footwear, than to have nobody back on their feet at all. But the middle class still has much further to go before it reclaims its prior level of prosperity. America isn’t quite as rich as the headline number suggests.
The rich get richer, the rest get squat, thanks Barry you douchebagging, hypocritical failure.
Where's the jobs, Dopey?
you are taking an obviously hyper-inflated housing market value as your basis. that is ridiculous.

yes, household wealth is down for most from it's previous highs as those highs were mostly unsustainable, hyper-inflated home values...

when you know what you are talking about it, the world makes much more sense.

“you know i know”

denver

#1094942 Mar 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you are taking an obviously hyper-inflated housing market value as your basis. that is ridiculous.
yes, household wealth is down for most from it's previous highs as those highs were mostly unsustainable, hyper-inflated home values...
when you know what you are talking about it, the world makes much more sense.
So, as well as woodddikk, you're Fartsack? LMAO

St. Croix valley

#1094943 Mar 10, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
So, as well as woodddikk, you're Fartsack? LMAO
i am just woodtick. i just deal with facts. you just post crap you don't understand...why?
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1094944 Mar 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>gee. it seems you try to do that to me and try to prove yourself doing it.
i deal with sane rational people very nicely...when idiots keep posting lie after provable lie, i lose patience with them and call them for what they are... fools like that do not deserve the common courtesy they deny others with their continuous lies.
and now to the matter at hand...you didn't answer any of your own posts topics....who am i reining in? who here is it you think are my conservative friends?
have you noticed how you always seem to run from the crux of the issues you dive mindlessly into?
Hyime, hyime, hyime...

Just love to fight with other people, don't you. Were you mistreated as a child?

Yep. Thought so...

“you know i know”

denver

#1094945 Mar 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of horsecrap, are you that stupid? Really? For 99.9% of them it's the best job they could ever hope to get.

Do frikkin mailmen give up "good higher" paying jobs to be mailmen?

Do low level drones at the IRS give up "good higher" paying jobs?

No they don't.

“you know i know”

denver

#1094946 Mar 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i am just woodtick. i just deal with facts. you just post crap you don't understand...why?
Why do you have 2 names, Fartsack?

“you know i know”

denver

#1094947 Mar 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it's hilarious to watch you try to prove yourself against me...you're about as subtle as a brick wall. and make almost as good arguments as one...
Woodddikk/fartsack, the only poster on Topix with enemies from both sides.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump bars transgender individuals from US arme... 12 min C Kersey 78
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 17 min Dr Z 315,319
News Republican senators blink on a big chance to re... 22 min CodeTalker 12
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 24 min CodeTalker 17,673
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 24 min Dogen 222,034
News Trump bans transgender people from military 36 min C Kersey 34
News McCain says 'I'll be back soon' as he battles b... 46 min C Kersey 4
News By a 2-to-1 margin, Americans prefer Obamacare ... 2 hr IMpeach Now 571
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr IND 280,146
News President Trump's new message man Anthony Scara... 4 hr old_moose 153
More from around the web