Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1417165 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1085712 Feb 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
People like Lois aka Carol aka......

unlike you and Ghost, Carol did not change her name to deceive.....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1085713 Feb 24, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You "just happened" to find a Midwest Communications radio station in Sheboygan that is wall to wall Rush-Hannity and the like? And then dragged that effn nonsense over here as proof of what?
The CBO's report...

http://cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/a...

Word-for-word:

"For some people, the availability of exchange subsidies under the ACA will reduce incentives to work both through a substitution effect and through an income effect."

"Under the ACA, employers with 50 or more full-time equivalent employees will face a penalty if they do not offer insurance (or if the insurance they offer does not meet certain criteria)...In CBO’s judgment, the costs of the penalty eventually will be borne primarily by workers in the form of reductions in wages or other compensation—just as the costs of a payroll tax levied on employers will generally be passed along to employees."

"Because the supply of labor is responsive to changes in compensation, the employer penalty will ultimately induce some workers to supply less labor."

Happy now? Read that last sentence again first.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1085714 Feb 24, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
Speaking of Useful Idiots -¨ObamaCare is not a health care plan, it is a blueprint to allow the government to control the day-to-day lives of all Americans, and under the guise of budgetary expediency, the bureaucrats in Washington can and eventually will declare any behavior they choose unacceptable.¨
This is EXACTLY what the communist government in the Soviet Union did.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1085715 Feb 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, that is not what the article stated.
The number of people listed as receiving some sort of government means tested benefit do not represent half the population.
Second, that number is derived by The Census Bureau counted as recipients of means-tested government programs “anyone residing in a household in which one or more people received benefits from the program.”
So, it counted children, and senior citizens if they resided in a household where at least one person received at least one means tested benefit.
Some people living in that household could be working full time & still qualify for a benefit like food stamps or maybe heat assistance.
The problem with you right whiners is that you are all so uninformed that you run in circles having a fit about something that you do not have the education to understand.
You right whiners keep wanting to elect the same people that fomented the economic disaster under Bush that sent all these people to the unemployment lines & into qualifying for government assistance.
We need to get more people working & working better paying jobs. Perhaps you should talk to your Republican Congressmen & tell them to grow the f*ck up & do something to help fix the mess they made & help this country.
The bottom line is, there are more people receiving benefits than paying for them.
The village idiot can tell you that will fail. Just ask everyone living in Venezuela watching Chavez's support burn the cities because Chavez bankrupted them and there's no more money to give everything to everyone.
HillaryWhaDifMak e

Satellite Beach, FL

#1085716 Feb 24, 2014
Patricangelily wrote:
<quoted text> MSNBC trolls like the three of you definitely all alike parroting the Obama Snake Oil Lies
Suck it up, Obamabots! LOL

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1085717 Feb 24, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you have a problem understanding what "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" means in the written English language, right?
What other text in the Constitution is too complicated for you to understand and you need an interpreter to explain it to you?
and that amendment was regulated when it was ratified...just like all our rights...

why are you such a shitty citizen?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1085718 Feb 24, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>majority of americans point out two other countries on a map, let alone know anything about international relations..
you poll is like asking a batch of puppies to pick out fine art...
Since it was proven the TEA Party members were more educated than all other political factions, just what are you saying about yourself?
(That fact probably wasn't in your indoctrination session, was it?)

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1085719 Feb 24, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sure i can, and already have. there is no difference in the relationship between my private insurer and those buying private insurance through the exchanges...
perhaps you might be suprised to know that the US has had the world's largest socialized medicine program for decades now...and your doom and gloom fantasy never came true..
try to deal with reality for a while, not just parroting what you hear...
With the exception that, if you buy insurance through the exchange, you still don't know whether you have insurance or not.

St. Croix valley

#1085720 Feb 24, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
That rates as one of the most ridiculous, pompous and sanctimonious replies I've ever read.
Like I said earlier, stick to what you're good at - insults and pretending to be smarter (and more successful) than you really are. And let's add double talk to your repertoire. I'm sure you have two or three posters here fooled. I'm not one of them.
yet i noticed you couldn't counter it with any facts...why is that?

why can you never do that, again?

run along now...scamper quickly and quietly away...

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1085721 Feb 24, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I say to the television when one of those ghosts -are-real shows is on...
Show me the subsidy. You still haven't been able to find any proof any subsidy to American oil companies exist.
You have admitted they exist.

You have admitted they get special tax considerations.

St. Croix valley

#1085722 Feb 24, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You are delusional.
no,gve you verifiable facts you couldn't counter so you went off on a totally tangental rant...as usual

why do you always run away like a coward when i prove you wrong?

oh yeah, you are a coward!!!
dem

United States

#1085723 Feb 24, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>This is EXACTLY what the communist government in the Soviet Union did.
Howdy little jagoff!
The 'wife' and her 'brother' get back from Russia yet?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1085724 Feb 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
People like Lois aka Carol aka......
Really you are attacking Carol? she sounds exactly like you did 5 years ago. The only difference is you were speculating how rotten O'bama was going to be-Carol has proof that O'bama is rotten---just like you used to tell us USM.
12-11-08.
QUOTE who="USAsince1680" <quoted text>
>> Like you, I struggled with my inability to accept the fact that Obama
>> is going to be the President of the United States. I have felt guilty
>> -- as if it was somehow un-American not to support him.
>> However, I have come to realize that Obama is a figurehead - nothing
>> more. We don't have to like him anymore than a boss or local mayor.
>> Liking or disliking him has nothing to do with allegiance to the
>> United States. Or, maybe it does.
>> People who are questioning Obama are doing so out of love for this
>> country. All we can do is stay politically active and do our best to
>> guide our legislatures in the right direction - Obama will have no
>> choice but to follow.
>> I do not hate Obama. I do not know him. For the good of our country, I
>> hope he is able to turn our economy around and payoff the National
>> Debt.
>> In the meantime, Obama is the one who has to earn our trust. We are
>> not obligated to follow him blindly. Remember, he did not support
>> "Resident Bush/Shrub" and he did not come to our country's defense
>> when Rev. Wright said "God damn America" - we owe him nothing.

Quote unquote by usasince1680

AT one time you used to have a brain:)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1085725 Feb 24, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not for everything. most nurses can diagnose and treat an ear infection just fine. or a sinus infection.
try to stick to facts, fool. your continual posting of bullshit is just making you look like an ass..
partly true in most cases, but non-professionals lack the knowledge to recognize the small percentage of cases where the problem is more serious than the apparent ear or sinus infection .....

education and training are not the same thing.....

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1085726 Feb 24, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Susan Rice Calls Out Conservative Media: It's "Patently False" That Administration Misled On Benghazi
RICE: What I said to you that morning and what I did every day since, was to share the best information that we had at the time. The information I provided, which I explained to you was what we had at the moment, it could change, I commented that this was based on what we knew on that morning, was provided to me, and my colleagues, and indeed to Congress by the intelligence community. And that's been well-validated in many different ways since. And that information turned out in some respects not to be 100 percent correct. But the notion that somehow I, or anybody else in the administration, misled the American people is patently false, and I think that that's been amply demonstrated.
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/02/23/susan...
Ok....

Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1085727 Feb 24, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and that amendment was regulated when it was ratified...just like all our rights...
why are you such a shitty citizen?
Spoken like a true anti-American fascist libtard.

Why are you such a liar?
dem

United States

#1085728 Feb 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Thick smog is the best defence against US laser weapons, a Chinese military chief has declared on national television.

Zhang Zhaozhong, the Navy Major General for the People's Liberation Army drew massive criticism when he made the statement on CCTV's Haixia Liang'an (Cross-Straits) current affairs programme, adding that lasers were "most afraid of smog".

He said: "Under conditions where there is no smog, a laser weapon can fire [at a range of] 10 kilometres. When there's smog, it's only one kilometre. What's the point of making this kind of weapon?

"It only works when the weather is good. The enemy will target you when the weather is bad.

"Once your enemy knows your disadvantages you are dead. This is a laser weapons' fatal disadvantage."
There ya go azzhole. Another reason tea baggers won't believe in man made climate change. The Chinese told em it's good for them.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1085729 Feb 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
unlike you and Ghost, Carol did not change her name to deceive.....
Projecting yourself onto others as usual. I don't post under other screen names. That's your thing.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1085730 Feb 24, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and then it was shown to be a misreading of the report...
and fools like you bought it hook line, and sinker..
what else have those people that lied to you then told you that was untrue..f
from looking at your posts..just about everything you think and breathe, huh? that must suck to realize that your entire world view is based on lies...
"CBO’s estimate that the ACA will reduce aggregate labor compensation in the economy by about 1 percent over the 2017–2024 period—compared with what would have occurred in the absence of the act—is substantially larger than the estimate the agency issued in August 2010."

(It goes on...)

"CBO’s 2010 estimate did not include an effect on labor supply from the employer penalty and the resulting reduction in wages (as the costs of that penalty are passed on to workers), and it did not include an effect from encouraging part-year workers to delay returning to work in order to retain their insurance subsidies."

http://cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/a...

That's the actual report. What am I misreading? Sounds kind of ominous to me.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1085731 Feb 24, 2014
killtaker wrote:
Scientists conveniently forgot about Volcanoes....
'According to a study in the US, models for predicting the rate at which temperatures around the world would rise from 1998 onwards did not take into consideration the measurable impact volcanoes can have'
http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/clim...
"Erupting now: perhaps 20
Each year: 50-70
Each decade: about 160
Historical eruptions: about 550
Known Holocene eruptions (last 10,000 years): about 1300
Known (and possible) Holocene eruptions: about 1500
Note that these figures do not include the large number of eruptions (and undescribed volcanoes) on the deep sea floor. Estimates of global magma budgets suggest that roughly 3/4 of the lava reaching Earth's surface does so unnoticed at submarine midocean ridges (see below). "
http://www.volcano.si.edu/faq.cfm#q3
I love it when an article comes out & how the way right whiners misinterpret it reverberates through their masses.

The models would have included typical volcanic activity including release of greenhouse gases & particulates.

If we have amore than normal/larger than normal activity, then the increased particulates can offset some of the greenhouse effects. But it is temporary.

My God you people are dumber than sh*t.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 min Calvin_Coolish 239,598
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 2 min Lawrence Wolf 7,347
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 3 min Cordwainer Trout 234
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 6 min who cares 15,669
News If Donald Trump Was President, Here's What Woul... (Oct '15) 6 min Injudgement 10,974
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Leeward Outlier 222,233
News Semi-Literate Mayor Of Bankrupt City Denounces ... 6 min VN Vet 11
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Yeah 393,370
News Trump calls Obama 'the founder of ISIS,' claims... 2 hr sandra 612
More from around the web