Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Read more

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1070398 Jan 28, 2014
5 unmet promises of President Obama - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO ...
www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82429.html... ;
Politico
Oct 16, 2012 - President Barack Obama swept into office in 2009 with the strongest electoral ... Four years later, many pledges from his campaign and early ...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1070399 Jan 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
How did the rest of your fellow mental patients like it?
Lily is the dead worm at the bottom of the vodka bottle.

She mistakenly watched Arsenio Hall rubbing his crotch during his monologue and got excited about the Magic Negro instead.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1070400 Jan 28, 2014
Press Release - The Obama Record: Unmet Goals and Unfulfilled ...
www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/... ;
University of California, S...
President Obama, In February 2009: "Today I'm Pledging To Cut The Deficit We ... In 2008, Candidate Obama Promised To "Provide Economic Security For ...

Good old Mitt, we could have used him , maybe we'd all be doing as well as Wisconsin

I actually think it will be interesting to listen to the President tonight. What I'd like him to do is report on his promises, but there are forgotten promises and forgotten people. Over the last four years, the President has said that he was going to create jobs for the American people and that hasn't happened. He said he would cut the deficit in half and that hasn't happened. He said that incomes would rise and instead incomes have gone down. And I think this is a time not for him not to start restating new promises, but to report on the promises he made. I think he wants a promises reset. We want a report on the promises he made.

Where's the jobs, Barry?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1070401 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that Obama spent the last five years building a wall to divide Congress but can't figure out for the life of him why Congress is divided.
LCN probably knows why. We'll ask him. He'll probably say it's because the Democrats welcomed the Republicans input on writing a major health care reform that would affect all of us and made sure enough of them were on board without having to make back room deals with even moderate Democrats just to get it passed on a strict party line.
He'll think that's the right answer though. Maybe we should ask someone else.
really? t how did he build that wall? please give specific examples...

i do remember most of the republican members of the house signing a pledge to do everything they could to make Obama fail...and i suppose you don't call that building a wall of divisiveness?

reality is fun!

Lapeer, MI

#1070402 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
At least he's running out of steam. And didn't say much to reassure Democrats up for reelection they have a better chance.
That's a positive thing. The silver lining, as it were.
But he didn't mention killing small businesses and killing jobs and didn't have a thing to say about the number of college graduates who are working jobs they didn't need a college education for after spending all that money they can't pay back.
But ask any liberal...it's all good.
Confused American viewer: "The SOTU speech was a crock of sh it!"

Debbie Wasserman-Schultz: "But it was GOOD shit! That makes all the difference in the world!"

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1070403 Jan 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Once gone forward it's very hard to go back.
so what happened to all the talk in Congress of repealing the ACA?
But you're so wrong. It's very easy to go back. Or, even better, look ahead. We just have to get rid of Obama and the Senate Democrats first.

Are you old enough to remember the "malaise" that spread across the country during the Carter administration and an even worse recession?

Seemed like we could never go back then too. But Reagan managed to look ahead. We didn't have to go back or look back.

The Republicans had one shot to take a strong stand against the ACA. They took it. Now they can only stand back and watch its demise. And remind America they tried to warn us.
During an election year

St. Croix valley

#1070404 Jan 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just quoting the hypocrite Barry, blame him.
Bush never THREATENED America like Barry did.
Wise up.
how did Obama threaten the US?

you are getting way, way over your pay grade by parroting this obvious bullshit, dear...you are heading for making a total ass of yourself. it would be best if you just admitted now that you don't really know what you are talking about or just ran away...just a friendly warning...

Orlando, FL

#1070405 Jan 28, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Green. I envy your insight:>
Well...turquoise...but that's close enough.

But I was just going to say I envied YOUR insight...this is getting eerie.
Lcn

United States

#1070406 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
He could have read the same speech from 2009. You'd still be as pleased as punch. In fact, I think he DID read the same speech from 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
But tell shinning it's all good. I told him to ask any liberal. So go ahead. Tell him.
LOL You have been posting the same stuff since 2009 ;-)

St. Croix valley

#1070407 Jan 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Took 3 speakers to rebut all of his lies.
How many of his pledges from last year have been met?
Zero, zero. The boy blunder will do nothing.
if you hat least an elementary level understanding of the history of the SOTU speeches, you would know that very, very very little legislation comes from the talking points in the speeches.

why is it you know so little about your own nation? do you really care that little about your citizenship? are you just that stupid?

Lapeer, MI

#1070408 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that Obama spent the last five years building a wall to divide Congress but can't figure out for the life of him why Congress is divided.
LCN probably knows why. We'll ask him. He'll probably say it's because the Democrats welcomed the Republicans input on writing a major health care reform that would affect all of us and made sure enough of them were on board without having to make back room deals with even moderate Democrats just to get it passed on a strict party line.
He'll think that's the right answer though. Maybe we should ask someone else.
This all reminds me of that all-encompassing line in Cool Hand Luke where the prison warden says "What we have here is a failure to communicate".

...upon which Luke later on repeats mockingly from an open upstairs window to the surrounding squad cars, cops and that same warden. And then they shoot him dead.

I am mocking that White House SOB as I write this. Take you best shot, Azzhole.
Lcn

United States

#1070409 Jan 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Once gone forward it's very hard to go back.
so what happened to all the talk in Congress of repealing the ACA?
Republicans are divided again.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070410 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
He could have read the same speech from 2009. You'd still be as pleased as punch. In fact, I think he DID read the same speech from 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
But tell shinning it's all good. I told him to ask any liberal. So go ahead. Tell him.
i don't even think the right wing sites are going to make as much noise about Obama as they are the McMorris Rodgers response.

it was horrible.

Orlando, FL

#1070411 Jan 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just quoting the hypocrite Barry, blame him.
Bush never THREATENED America like Barry did.
Wise up.
It's not a stretch to believe Obama created the wall between Congress just to blame the gridlock on having no choice but to decree his will on us using his pen and phone. It's a pretty easy stretch for me personally. You too?
Lcn

United States

#1070412 Jan 28, 2014
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Phenomenal speech! Loved it
Excellent!
Surprised that Carol seems negative on this.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070413 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
But you're so wrong. It's very easy to go back. Or, even better, look ahead. We just have to get rid of Obama and the Senate Democrats first.
Are you old enough to remember the "malaise" that spread across the country during the Carter administration and an even worse recession?
Seemed like we could never go back then too. But Reagan managed to look ahead. We didn't have to go back or look back.
The Republicans had one shot to take a strong stand against the ACA. They took it. Now they can only stand back and watch its demise. And remind America they tried to warn us.
During an election year
get rid of Obama?

Hillary will be worse.

Orlando, FL

#1070414 Jan 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>really? t how did he build that wall? please give specific examples...
i do remember most of the republican members of the house signing a pledge to do everything they could to make Obama fail...and i suppose you don't call that building a wall of divisiveness?
reality is fun!
Well, he first announced that he won which meant being a leader to both sides was out of the question. He then told Republicans to be quiet and get out of the way. The Democrats did not want to hear any Republican input legislating a major health care overhaul and Obama seemed perfectly happy leaving them out too.

And then, of course, he wanted to "reward his friends" and "punish his enemies". He promptly began demonizing Republicans after politically posturing to find ways to blame them for his own policies that failed.

Let's see...he said "sic" to the IRS on tea party individuals and organizations.

Oh, and announced emphatically that he would NOT negotiate and then blamed Republicans for not negotiating.

Then there was the sequester that he came up with and signed and went all over the country proclaiming doom and gloom if those evil Republicans didn't give him what he wanted - and then blamed them for the sequester and shut down because they wouldn't.

I'm sure I left out a whole bunch of things. But you probably get the general idea.

Lapeer, MI

#1070415 Jan 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Top five things Republicans hated in the State of the Union speech
There's nothing like watching the applause lines in a State of the Union speech to see what brings members of Congress to their feet.
So, what made Democrats stand and cheer while Republicans sat on their hands? In no particular order:
Ending poverty.
Equal pay for equal work.
Affordable health care for all Americans.
Raising the minimum wage.
Ending war.
What else?
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/01/28/1273...
These are very similar statements and methods that Used Car Salesmen employ to sell defective junk to unsuspecting customers.

Ending poverty - by making hard working taxpayers poor - what ever happened to LBJ's War On Poverty? It became a War On The Middle Class. The Magic Negro wants to pick up where LBJ left off.

Equal pay for equal work - without defining what "equal" work is or pretending to know.

Affordable health care for all Americans - except for those subsidizing the bums getting it.

Raising the minimum wage - which then raises consumer prices, cheapens the paychecks of those being paid more for their talents and begins a dog-chasing-tail economic scenario while getting Marxists reelected.

Ending war - at what price? Ask "Peace In Our Time" azzhole Neville Chamberlain

The Magic Negro doesn't bother trying to convince older, wiser Americans of his foolhardy Marxism - he knows it's a lost cause. Instead, he zeroes in on young, inexperienced, naive, historically unknowledgeable newborns without street smarts.

Idealism is what Suckers are born with - one every minute.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070416 Jan 28, 2014
Lcn wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans are divided again.
i love watching GOP congressman 'warning' the tea party.

St. Croix valley

#1070417 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a stretch to believe Obama created the wall between Congress just to blame the gridlock on having no choice but to decree his will on us using his pen and phone. It's a pretty easy stretch for me personally. You too?
yet it wasn't Obama that built that wall, was it?

why do you repeat what you know to be a lie? are you really that dishonest of a person?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Guru 186,851
News Which presidential hopefuls would attend a gay ... 7 min Fa-Foxy 66
News Race motive seen in delay to vote in Loretta Ly... 8 min DRX 27
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min Cheech the Conser... 159,589
News Sharpton expected to preach, attend shooting vi... 9 min barefoot2626 20
News Bristol Palin to marry U.S. Medal of Honor winn... 14 min VN Vet 981
News Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions (Oct '14) 20 min WasteWater 6,380
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 22 min The Flying Dutchman 323,236
News Hillary Clinton has a new position on same-sex ... 34 min Bill Braske 171
News Ben Carson plans May 4 Detroit announcement 2 hr mjjcpa 127
More from around the web