Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1396589 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1053871 Jan 4, 2014
dem tea bagging new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
this racist nascar idiot actually thought he had me banned for a year. poor dumb bastard!
It's the culture...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1053872 Jan 4, 2014
Climate change logic-

"It's such a hot summer. Proof of global warming!"

"It's such a cold winter. Warming doesn't actually mean warming."

----------

"Global Warming" changed to "climate change" and soon to be renamed "weather".
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1053873 Jan 4, 2014
dem tea bagging new yawk wrote:
can you even imagine the chapter on the tea party that kids will read in schools in future decades
like talking about the caveman.
It's the culture...

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1053874 Jan 4, 2014
More Dangerous Times: The New York Times Goes the Full Pravda

Those old Pravda bolsheviki could teach the NYT a couple of lessons. Such as: if you're trying to hide the facts, don't keep Benghazi alive with two denial stories in a row. Some readers might actually wonder if the Gray Lady doth protest too much, as Shakespeare might have said. When the Ford Edsel became a punch line for late-night comedy, Ford wisely stopped advertising that crummy car. The NYT does the opposite -- reminding everybody about Obama's betrayal of our troops and diplomats at Benghazi.

This is PR suicide. But who ever thought the NYT editors had any brains? They're just Party apparatchiks.

Conservatives tend to think that our opposition is clever, when they are merely ruthless string puppets. Great power goes together with great stupidity.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/01/danger...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1053875 Jan 4, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
You DO understand this troll doesn't have the slightest clue what it's posting? Any sort of reply from you or others is its goal, period.
After what it posted yesterday, it's obvious it has never seen the inside of a church apart from a wedding, funeral, or to steal the money collected during services.
Speaking of Trolls, ya hypocrite, here's the biggest one on this thread, the one you pretend isn't a Troll:

----------

No Surprize
Largo, FL
Reply »|

<quoted text>
Whackjob nuc all the time bent over and punked by No Surprize someone, Galt, Caro, Ray or whatever, or something stuck up your deranged ass or big mouth, you eating someone elses shit tea bagger', you looking likethat ignorant idiot you dumbass....

knock.. knock..

It's the culture...
Whatever

Chicago, IL

#1053876 Jan 4, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't responding to Fletch's post I was pointing out that the argument you presented was fallacious.
Just because a patient has the right to be non-complaint-your fallacious argument- does not absolve the patient from consequences-my point.
Let's try this. Tell us how a patient having the right to be non-complaint could be used to protest -let's say a doctor dismissing them- successfully.
Sounds like a bunch of tea bag bullsh it to me.
Eman

Anonymous Proxy

#1053877 Jan 4, 2014
I'm back at home

Location hidden

#1053878 Jan 4, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't responding to Fletch's post I was pointing out that the argument you presented was fallacious.
Just because a patient has the right to be non-complaint-your fallacious argument- does not absolve the patient from consequences-my point.
Let's try this. Tell us how a patient having the right to be non-complaint could be used to protest -let's say a doctor dismissing them- successfully.
but......fallacious.....but I wasn't..........but..........I was pointing out..........but..but...but..b ut..

That's a vintage Whine!!

Watch her squirm!!

Watch her dodge!!

Watch her whine her way out of her own stupidity!!

This is more fun than watching the Repugnant Party implode!!

Not going well for the progressive from Scottsbluff.
Eman

Anonymous Proxy

#1053879 Jan 4, 2014
Whatever wrote:
Climate change logic-
"It's such a hot summer. Proof of global warming!"
"It's such a cold winter. Warming doesn't actually mean warming."
----------
"Global Warming" changed to "climate change" and soon to be renamed "weather".
Proving yet again that the typical tea bag terrorist is as simple-minded as a child.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1053880 Jan 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
racist Republicans trying to limit black voters to one vote each...
Provide proof that there was EVER any evidence of voter fraud in North Carolina. Tick Tock.

FACT: North Carolina was singled out as a state with a history of voter suppression.
Eman

Anonymous Proxy

#1053881 Jan 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of Trolls, ya hypocrite, here's the biggest one on this thread, the one you pretend isn't a Troll:
----------
No Surprize
Largo, FL
Reply »|
<quoted text>
Whackjob nuc all the time bent over and punked by No Surprize someone, Galt, Caro, Ray or whatever, or something stuck up your deranged ass or big mouth, you eating someone elses shit tea bagger', you looking likethat ignorant idiot you dumbass....
knock.. knock..
It's the culture...
I thought that was Whatever
Eman

Anonymous Proxy

#1053882 Jan 4, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
Those old Pravda bolsheviki could teach the NYT a couple of lessons. Such as: if you're trying to hide the facts, don't keep Benghazi alive with two denial stories in a row. Some readers might actually wonder if the Gray Lady doth protest too much, as Shakespeare might have said. When the Ford Edsel became a punch line for late-night comedy, Ford wisely stopped advertising that crummy car. The NYT does the opposite -- reminding everybody about Obama's betrayal of our troops and diplomats at Benghazi.
This is PR suicide. But who ever thought the NYT editors had any brains? They're just Party apparatchiks.
Conservatives tend to think that our opposition is clever, when they are merely ruthless string puppets. Great power goes together with great stupidity.
American thinker?
Sounds like something an idiot libertarian would read.
Eman

Anonymous Proxy

#1053883 Jan 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide proof that there was EVER any evidence of voter fraud in North Carolina. Tick Tock.
FACT: North Carolina was singled out as a state with a history of voter suppression.
With all due respect you might be better served to have him prove he's not a chimp first.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1053884 Jan 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
This nitwit shows up from time to time.
A dumb southern racist who thinks white supremacy is what America was created for.
One time he bragged about working at WalMart!!
After the thread erupted in laughter and disbelief, he left.
He will again, after making an even greater fool of himself.
Imagine, from WalMart to the US Senate!!
He's not too delusional, eh??
"Delusional". Yes, that is a perfect one word description for the little twerp.

Location hidden

#1053885 Jan 4, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
American Stinker.

It figures. A nitwit site for ancient nitwits like Gunner.

So far, the NYT Benghazi story prove your side to be liars and traitors.

Most Americans could care less about your obsession with it.

Funny how no years long investigation was made into the contractors killed and hung from bridges in Fallujah when Bush was around.

Didn't those American deaths count??

This is how the fascists fight back, by calling their opposition commies!!

It's be funny if it weren't so stupid.

----------

Horror at Fallujah / SAVAGE ATTACK: Bodies dragged through street, hung from bridge 4 U.S. contractors killed in ambush hours after 5 soldiers slain in Iraq
Colin Freeman, Chronicle Foreign Service
Published 4:00 am, Thursday, April 1, 2004

""For the occupants of the two gleaming sport utility vehicles cruising down the debris-strewn highway that passes for Fallujah's main drag, it would have seemed like just another trip through bandit country.

Like any foreign contractors working in Iraq's trouble spots, they would adhere to the usual rules: Keep your bulletproof vest on tight, the machine guns and side-arms ready, and think very carefully before pulling over -- even if you've just knocked a child off his bike.

None of that would save the Blackwater Security Consulting convoy from disaster around 10:30 a.m. Wednesday. The four Americans on board were ripped apart by withering gunfire practically before they knew what hit them, their grisly deaths the most dramatic episode on a day when a total of nine Americans were killed in Iraq's hostile Sunni triangle.

Exactly how the contractors' convoy was stopped probably never will be clear. Some reports suggested it had made the fatal mistake of hitting the brakes when armed men blocked the path, rather than flooring the accelerator in the hope of barging through. Others suggested the occupants already had been killed by gunshots before their cars even ground to a halt.""

----------

So where was the Congressional investigation?? Where was the outrage that 4 Americans were murdered and desecrated in a terrorist attack??

Didn't Bush care about their famillies??

Your ignorant hatred is so easy to impeach, it's hardly worth my time.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1053886 Jan 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure how this is going to hold up under Justice Department scrutiny but at least the requirement to show ID when voting doesn't go into effect until 2016. It could work.
What I find more disturbing is the change in North Carolina's voting laws that specifies any ballots cast at the wrong polling station will be thrown out. Now, THAT seems very unconstitutional.
No state allows you to vote if your name is not on the voter roll. Why it is important to know which precinct to vote at as that polling place will have your name on the rolls.

However NC does not forbid someone from voting due to this problem

"If the election officials can not find your name on the list of registered voters when you go to vote, or if you encounter any other problem, you have the right to receive what is called a “Provisional Ballot.” You will have to fill out a form in addition to your ballot; the form helps the officials research your registration history. If your eligibility to vote is verified, your ballot will count like a regular ballot. You will be given a phone number and PIN number or a website to use to check the status of your Provisional Ballot and learn if it has been approved or rejected."

http://ncelectionconnection.com/voting-in-nc/
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1053887 Jan 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
No Surprize
Largo, FL
Reply »|
<quoted text>
knock.. knock..
It's the culture...
You Tea Bagger are 99Percent all Mouth. The other 1% small dick nuc is anybody's guess ...

knock.. knock..

It's the culture...
ptbw forever

United States

#1053888 Jan 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
My son, who has a PhD, is a leader of his generation. By my observation, you don't even have a high school diploma. Good luck with that.
Anyone raised by trash like you would be easy pickings for a philosophical genius like myself in a debate. Your projection of your own ineptitude on to me is not working.

Btw, Democrats have a monopoly on high school dropouts. I am not a Democrat.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1053889 Jan 4, 2014
dem tea bagging Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought that was Whatever
It's the culture...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1053890 Jan 4, 2014
flack wrote:
America’s first slave owner was a black man.
Actual drawing of Anthony Johnson. America's first slave owner.
Actual drawing of Anthony Johnson. America’s first slave owner.
According to colonial records, the first slave owner in the United States was a black man.
Prior to 1655 there were no legal slaves in the colonies, only indentured servants. All masters were required to free their servants after their time was up. Seven years was the limit that an indentured servant could be held. Upon their release they were granted 50 acres of land. This included any Negro purchased from slave traders. Negros were also granted 50 acres upon their release.
Anthony Johnson was a Negro from modern-day Angola. He was brought to the US to work on a tobacco farm in 1619. In 1622 he was almost killed when Powhatan Indians attacked the farm. 52 out of 57 people on the farm perished in the attack. He married a female black servant while working on the farm.
When Anthony was released he was legally recognized as a “free Negro” and ran a successful farm. In 1651 he held 250 acres and five black indentured servants. In 1654, it was time for Anthony to release John Casor, a black indentured servant. Instead Anthony told Casor he was extending his time. Casor left and became employed by the free white man Robert Parker.
Anthony Johnson sued Robert Parker in the Northampton Court in 1654. In 1655, the court ruled that Anthony Johnson could hold John Casor indefinitely. The court gave judicial sanction for blacks to own slave of their own race. Thus Casor became the first permanent slave and Johnson the first slave owner.
Whites still could not legally hold a black servant as an indefinite slave until 1670. In that year, the colonial assembly passed legislation permitting free whites, blacks, and Indians the right to own blacks as slaves.
By 1699, the number of free blacks prompted fears of a “Negro insurrection.” Virginia Colonial ordered the repatriation of freed blacks back to Africa. Many blacks sold themselves to white masters so they would not have to go to Africa. This was the first effort to gently repatriate free blacks back to Africa. The modern nations of Sierra Leone and Liberia both originated as colonies of repatriated former black slaves.
However, black slave owners continued to thrive in the United States.
By 1830 there were 3,775 black families living in the South who owned black slaves. By 1860 there were about 3,000 slaves owned by black households in the city of New Orleans alone.
Sources:
John Casor
Anthony Johnson
One of the earliest__not the first, second or third__but among the earliest. It's an interesting story if you can find the untainted version.

Where did you get your tainted version? WND? Another right wing blog?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min Blitzking 199,565
News Al Gore's Daughter in Court After Arrest at Pip... 4 min Nu Wor Order 2
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min Quirky 388,492
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Calvin_Coolish 229,134
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Mothra 60,191
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 18 min 2all 3,672
Snapcash for nudes 28 min Pinoyprincess 5
News Boston Globe's front page: AR-15, 'Make It Stop' 3 hr Retired SOF 596
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 3 hr Quirky 426
More from around the web