Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1603524 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1042404 Dec 15, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I forgot about those consultations.
Probably because I wasn't as political as the reich wing idiots here!
Nice to see you.. Would never want to be like you dumbass..

It's the culture....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1042405 Dec 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't take sides. We do.
This is why it's funny cons can't separate church and stae son.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1042406 Dec 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't need a Chris Matthews type to tell you about Karl Rove or anyone else in the Bush administration.
If Beck hadn't pulled back the curtain, we still might not know who Jarrett was or the significant influence she has in this White House and this administration.
You don't see a problem not knowing who surrounds any president - much less a top advisor the Washington Post calls "mysterious"?
Rove may have been called a lot of things but never "mysterious".
Wasn't this presidency supposed to be the most transparent?
No previous presidency has faced the wrath of the internet and by proxy the "crazies" like this one has had to. GWB got hit, particularly in his second term but nothing like Obama.

It will get worse as time passes I suspect__due to the likes of entertainment cable news and the scumbags like you who provide echos for the lies.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1042407 Dec 15, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah.. we all know Hitler was a deranged democRAT ..
It's the culture..
Hmmmm..... so that's why he went after non cons?

History sort of defeats your dream doesn't it son?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1042408 Dec 15, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
really, can you provide some evidence of that???? or do you just make things up?
Obama: "I can’t fully imagine my life without Mandela’s example."

"For as long as I live, I will do what I can to learn from him."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-i-cant-full...

George W. Bush praised Mandela for forgiving his jailers and that being an example to us all.

Hope Al Sharpton and Jeremiah Wright were listening.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1042409 Dec 15, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Nice to see you.. Would never want to be like you dumbass..
It's the culture....
lol! Don't worry son. You work very hard at being your own special idiot in your own special world!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1042410 Dec 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>No previous presidency has faced the wrath of the internet and by proxy the "crazies" like this one has had to. GWB got hit, particularly in his second term but nothing like Obama.
It will get worse as time passes I suspect__due to the likes of entertainment cable news and the scumbags like you who provide echos for the lies.
Probably because Bush wasn't a radical liberal who promised to fundamentally transform the country into his own image and wasn't mentored by Marxists and whose policies follow the Marxist Manifesto.

Just guessing...but that's probably why Obama is facing more wrath than any other persident.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1042411 Dec 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>No previous presidency has faced the wrath of the internet and by proxy the "crazies" like this one has had to. GWB got hit, particularly in his second term but nothing like Obama.
Realtime has never proclaimed to be an internet expert.. Realtime did not know what was Y2K was until after Y2K.. 5 years later when Realtime got his first computer...
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, that's where you're wrong dummy for I can crank up a different laptop, subscribe to a proxy shield and come back here and lie myself silly or create a team of hats as some of you all have done. The Toshiba satellite L755-S5246 loaded with Windows Office 2010 is perfect for that mission and they are damn near free these days. But I don't have the time or desire to spend here in hopes of changing already damaged minds.
AND.. You still know nothing of or how the internet works... and your opinions Realtime on proxies are still worthless and illiterate.

It's the culture....

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1042412 Dec 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
George W. Bush praised Mandela for forgiving his jailers and that being an example to us all.
I was asking for evidence that Nelson Mandela "dreamed of Amrica reduced to nothing but smoking ash"

"No Surprize wrote:
"Much of who I am is because of Nelson Mandela." Barack Obama
That's a very telling comment considering Mandela dreamed of America reduced to nothing but smoking ash.
It's the culture...
"

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1042413 Dec 15, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, you're wrong, Ed.
The ACA has nothing to do with selection of practicioners. But you're too stupid to know that and too hateful to look into it. It is her health plan that chooses doctors. That decision is made by her insurance carrier.
It's much easier for a dumbass like you to blame everything on Obama.
This new Catholic Pope is going to rock your world. No more of pretending to be a Catholic, he's going to force you nitwits to follow the teachings of Jesus and love thy neighbors, or go over to the Repugnants and practice hatred and division.
We already know whose side you're on. You're a fake Catholic.
"nutsucker"
One more time you lie. No surprize. One more time you are wrong. No surprize. My daughter has been advised that her health care provider is not a member of a provider that is covered by the insurance they offer. The services were covered pror to nobamakare. The insurance carrier stated the reason was. ACA, or nobamakare. When president stated, "If you lie your doctor you can keep him. Period". A llie, he also said, "If you like your health insurance you can keep it. Period". Just a partial lie, you can keep the insurance if you do not expect/want them to pay.
You must love your cult, the cult of liars and deceivers, the cult of president nobama.
Peace
KMA
LCNLin

United States

#1042414 Dec 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably because Bush wasn't a radical liberal who promised to fundamentally transform the country into his own image and wasn't mentored by Marxists and whose policies follow the Marxist Manifesto.
Just guessing...but that's probably why Obama is facing more wrath than any other persident.
Bush seemed liberal enough on Medicare,
a topic on which you whine?

A C A is simply President Obama following President George W Bush's footsteps.
President George W Bush expanded Medicare to include Prescription drugs!

Monday, December 8, 2003 Posted: 1:23 PM EST

WASHINGTON (CNN)-- President Bush on Monday signed into law landmark Medicare reform legislation that includes prescription drug benefits and has sparked a bitter fight between opponents and supporters.
Speaking at DAR Constitution Hall in Washington,

Bush characterized the measure as "the greatest advance in health care coverage for America's seniors since the founding of Medicare."
Michael Gerwin

Lindenhurst, NY

#1042415 Dec 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Gibberish!
In other words, you have no intelligent reply because all I posted is accurate. Obama is as huge a fraud as the phony sign language interpreter.

We have a president with little management experience. And it's showing.

The health care reform mess has been spectacular. The troubles with the program's website and enrollment are ONLY THE BEGINNING.

The news last week that some insurance plans are charging subscribers exorbitant co-pay fees for drugs to help offset the cost of not being able to exclude people with prior conditions also signals poor management.

Would tighter management have spotted this trend earlier and avoided gaffes like the president's misstatement about everyone being able to keep their existing health plan? My guess is YES.

Presidents have come from a variety of backgrounds, and some had deep executive experience before assuming the job.

George Washington and Dwight Eisenhower were generals with challenging leadership jobs before the presidency.

The two Roosevelts were former governors well-prepared to manage domestic issues.

Barack Obama arrived in the White House with four years' experience in the U.S. Senate, a few years in the Illinois State Legislature, and no experience in line management or familiarity with the executive function.

He has never run anything successfully, except a campaign built on hope and change. And all we got was cope and cringe.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1042416 Dec 15, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I was asking for evidence that Nelson Mandela "dreamed of Amrica reduced to nothing but smoking ash"
"No Surprize wrote:
"Much of who I am is because of Nelson Mandela." Barack Obama
That's a very telling comment considering Mandela dreamed of America reduced to nothing but smoking ash.
It's the culture...
"
Go safely Umkhonto. Umkhonto we Sizwe. We the members of the Umkhonto have pledged ourselves to kill them — kill the whites.” These are lyrics from the anthem of Umkhonto we Sizwe, or “Spear of the Nation.” The organization is better known as the MK, the military wing of the Marxist African National Congress (ANC). The MK was established by its commander, Nelson Mandela, to prosecute a terrorist war against South Africa’s racist apartheid regime.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/366317/...

It's the culture....
LCNLin

United States

#1042417 Dec 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still with the anti President Obama Mantra 24/7
with no result other than discovering that Galt is pro abortion
and Shinny is a racist

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1042419 Dec 15, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
His posts assist the Democrats while damaging the republicans.
LOL
Your posts simply fulfill your psychiatrist's diagnosis.
LCNLin

United States

#1042420 Dec 15, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>

"
Right wing dribble now that they are off the ACA topic
Michael Gerwin

Lindenhurst, NY

#1042421 Dec 15, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"nutsucker"
One more time you lie. No surprize. One more time you are wrong. No surprize. My daughter has been advised that her health care provider is not a member of a provider that is covered by the insurance they offer. The services were covered pror to nobamakare. The insurance carrier stated the reason was. ACA, or nobamakare. When president stated, "If you lie your doctor you can keep him. Period". A llie, he also said, "If you like your health insurance you can keep it. Period". Just a partial lie, you can keep the insurance if you do not expect/want them to pay.
You must love your cult, the cult of liars and deceivers, the cult of president nobama.
Peace
KMA
Other Presidents without a lot of real world executive experience had the brains to fill that void with experienced advisors. Obama surrounds himself with the likes of Valerie Jarrett, an evil empty suit with slumlord as her major credential.

According to several stories reportedly leaked by White House staff, Obama wasn't told "directly" about the problems with health care reform implementation.

Can you imagine the screams from the left leaning media had we substituted GWB's name for all the "I didn't know, no one told me" coming from this non-leader?

It is part of his job as chief executive to direct staff to relay all information and to create a climate in which bad news is fully conveyed.

Look at how John F. Kennedy, who also had zero executive experience, handled the Cuban missile crisis.

He learned to probe the positions of his advisers, to make sure he received accurate information and independent advice, and to ensure decisions were carried out.

What might have happened if Kennedy's team had brought to the missile crisis the modus operandi that the Obama White House brought to health care reform? Can you imagine the Kennedy White House saying lamely the president wasn't "told directly" about the Soviet missiles in Cuba?

Listen to what Obama recently told MSNBC's Chris Matthews about health care reform implementation: "The challenge ... is not so much my personal management style or particular issues around White House organization ... it actually has to do with ... these big agencies, some of which are outdated, some of which are not designed properly."

Welcome to the presidency and the world of government, Mr. "President."

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1042422 Dec 15, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me something son.... if blacks are outproducing you and interracial offspring becomes more the norm, how would you expect any shift in any DNA to your way of thinking with proactive action on your part....
.... or the acceptance that your way of thinking is the one that will become... "insignificant"?
\

When we talk in terms of genetic material it's always...
Quality over quantity son...

Quality over quantity....

High birthrates don't equate to higher intelligence in homo sapiens...it means food stamps and sec 8 housing.

When a civilization has high numbers of mouths to feed those who control the resources win...
People living in Cabrini Green type projects don't own anything...

All I can hope for is that the crappy gene carriers kill themselves off...and if Chicago is any indication of that theory my future is looking good...
LCNLin

United States

#1042423 Dec 15, 2013
OBAMANATION wrote:
<quoted text>the ...son...
sock puppet
LCNLin

United States

#1042424 Dec 15, 2013
Thursday September 25, 2008

U.S. President George W. Bush, saying "our entire economy is in danger," urged Congress to approve his administration's $700 billion bailout proposal.
"We're in the midst of a serious financial crisis, and the federal government is responding with decisive actions," Bush said in a televised address Wednesday night from the White House.
Bush pointed out that the collapse of several major lenders was rooted in the subprime mortgage market that thrived over the past decade.
He said passage of the $700 billion bailout proposal was needed to restore confidence in the market.
"I'm a strong believer in free enterprise, so my natural instinct is to oppose government intervention," he said. But "these are not normal circumstances. The market is not functioning properly. There has been a widespread loss of confidence.
"Without immediate action by Congress, America can slip into a major panic." Watch Bush warn of the consequences »
If Congress fails to approve the rescue plan, the nation could face a "long and painful recession," Bush said.
"The plan is big enough to solve a serious problem," Bush said.

The plan calls for the government to buy from firms up to $700 billion in troubled assets -- mainly mortgage-backed securities -- whose values declined as the housing market imploded. The goal is to stabilize the companies and prompt them to lend again. iReport.com : How would you spend $700B?
"The government is the only institution patient enough to buy these assets at their current low prices and hold them until their prices return to normal," he said.
Federal Reserve chief Ben Bernanke warned Wednesday that the Wall Street crisis is the worst the nation has faced since the end of World War II and urged Congress to take action on a proposed bailout package.
Congress is considering whether to allow Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson to use federal funds to buy up to $700 billion in mortgage-related securities and other assets that have caused turbulence on Wall Street and have undermined credit markets worldwide.
But Paulson and Bernanke faced deeply skeptical lawmakers, including members of Bush's own party, when they pitched the plan before congressional committees Tuesday and Wednesday. Watch as lawmakers push back »
The White House had been taken a mostly hard line during the negotiations with Congress, but it is signaling a new spirit of cooperation that suggests the administration realizes the situation is so serious that it will have to compromise in order to get something done.
"This is not take-it-or-leave-it," a senior administration official said earlier Wednesday. "We'll accept changes."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min American Lady 289,327
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Gotti 31,529
News GOP health bill all but dead; McCain again deal... 4 min Pence of Tides 108
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 4 min cpeter1313 10,282
News Trump endorses boycott of NFL 5 min viking phaart 90
News Politics Roundup: Trump's Call To Fire NFL Play... 13 min Pence of Tides 44
News Trump, the 'America First' president, goes to t... 15 min GraspThe Obvious 494
News Congressman to flood victims: 'God is telling y... 1 hr See The Light 27
More from around the web