Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Seymour

Marion, OH

#1000609 Oct 10, 2013
So here is my take away from tonight... this is just a "bitch session" and place to call names. Not one of you have put forth one idea even comment such as:

"I don't like Obama because he has ????". All I hear is that I am a dumb%&**&, an idoit, clueless, etc.

Have you guys really thought this out... or are you just singing a song you heard on Fox News?

I REALLY wish there were people here who could actually discuss and debate real ideas and political policies.... guess I'm in the wrong place and will move along.

But you guy's need to understand that you are not contributing to anything substantial by trading insults. As long as the poor people are kept ignorant and arguing with each other ... the rich are safe and we will continue to be slaves to the corporations.

I sincerely hope things turn out well for you folks... but I fear they will not. The middle class is slowly being destroyed and you are being told that this is a good thing. Yet!!!... you believe it.... very sad.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1000610 Oct 10, 2013
Seymour wrote:
Folks... there are facts in this world. They are not that hard to find. Neither party is totally comprised of morons - although there are plenty to be found in both parties.
Obama is not the Anti-Christ that Limbaugh/Beck/Fox News tell you about every day. PLEASE>>> for once... think for yourself. Go outside your normal conservative outlets for information.
THEN.... make up your own mind!!!!!!
People like Thomas Jefferson, Madison, Washington, Hamilton, etc educate themselves. They did not listen to Fox and then "carry the message".
You need to ask yourself - are you a freethinking, informed American,,, or a pawn? And, think about it, how often do "pawns" know that they are pawns?
Gee, thanks. This is all news to me.

How 'bout the rest of you guys and gals? Don't know what we peons would have done had you not shown up to save the day.

Hey, let's all give a big round of applause to Seymour the Savior!

By the way...what's with the constant FOX reference? I've also watched MSNBC on occasion. They seem very slanted toward the left, but receive no scorn from you. Why is that?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1000611 Oct 10, 2013
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
You're screwed.
America hates you.
Lowest poll numbers....EVER
It IS the culture!
crawl back in your hole, you perverted child-molester teacher wannabe....
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1000612 Oct 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, only USA has such irrational ideas about Fox News.
You aren't really that free thinking.
If it's ghetto, illiterate, and loser... It's liberal, bent over, and punked by Fox News..

It's the culture...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1000613 Oct 10, 2013
Eman wrote:
"Report blasts US press freedom
October 10, 2013 | 11:33AM ET
Unprecedented report says Obama administration's tactics have brought 'chilling effect' on journalism"
The admin wants to shut down anything that maybe negative to them

http://cpj.org/reports/2013/10/obama-and-the-...
Seymour

Marion, OH

#1000614 Oct 10, 2013
To Eman,
I believe in 100% freedom of the press. I belong to no political party.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1000615 Oct 10, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
When something isn't working, the normal procedure is to shut down, fix the problem, do some testing, and then restart.
Obama chooses to drive the bus over the cliff with no oil in the engine and no brakes.
Nope. The solution is to keep it running and fix the problems as they arise. You don't just shut it down.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1000616 Oct 10, 2013
The WSJ/NBC Poll Is a Complete Republican Rout

To put the positive/negative ratings in perspective, the Republicans are at -29 compared to the Democrats’-1. Adding insult to injury, not only has the GOP’s negative rating jumped by nine points since last month, but Obama’s approval (47%) is up slightly from the previous poll, and the percentage of respondents saying that the ACA is a “good idea” rose by seven points over last month. It is still at an anemic 38%, but according to the arguments of those seeking to defund the ACA the law shouldn’t be getting more popular. The figure for those responding that the law is a “bad idea” has dropped by six points since June. Respondents also favored a Congress controlled by Democrats by a 47-39% margin. Like the Gallup result, it is just one poll, but the news is so thoroughly bad for the GOP that it is impossible at this point to ignore just how much damage this pointless standoff has done to the party.

Many Republican respondents were unsparing in their view of what their representatives have been doing:

More than a third of Republicans disapproved of how their party’s members in Congress are doing their job, while nearly 40% said congressional Republicans were putting the party’s agenda above the good of the country [bold mine-DL].

When that many people in your own party are against what you’ve been doing, it is absurd to believe that you are in a position to “win” anything.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1000617 Oct 10, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
Keith Olbermann now doing 30 second "Game Breaks" on TBS playoff baseball coverage.
Oh, how the (self-proclaimed) mighty have fallen.
Olberdork's contract forbids him from talking about politics....
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1000618 Oct 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. Here you are with egg on your face once again. When will you people learn to stop listening to reich wing bloggers and Faux Noise?
"President Barack Obama signed into law a bill providing benefits to the families of fallen troops during the government shutdown on Thursday.
The bill, which passed the House and Senate with unanimous approval, guarantees that family members of deceased soldiers continue to receive death gratuities and other survivor benefits from the Pentagon.
On Wednesday, the White House said Obama was "disturbed" to find that families of fallen troops weren't receiving death benefits during the shutdown.
The administration had worked out a temporary solution before the bill was signed, in which the Fischer House Foundation would make payments to the soldiers' families from its own funds. The Defense Department planned to reimburse the foundation at the end of the shutdown."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/10/obam...
Get a grip.

This has only crossed the news wires in the last hour.

Seymour doesn't like your name calling.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1000619 Oct 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious?
Do you think the debacle of the Obamacare website is all there is to the law?
obamacare is a joke. They won't get near enough people signing up. The folks who voted for Obama can't spell mandate, let alone know what it means.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1000620 Oct 10, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No....
.. but you keep believing what you want.
It's just one lie after another with them and they keep falling on their faces.

"The sky is falling", "The sky is falling"...."Obama shut down the Amber Alert System", "Obama won't authorize death benefits to families of fallen soldiers"..OOPS. Stupid twits. Funny to watch.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1000621 Oct 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The admin wants to shut down anything that maybe negative to them
http://cpj.org/reports/2013/10/obama-and-the-...
somewhat different from Bush paying reporters to push his agenda.

i can just imagine the uproar if Obama got caught doing the same. but as you point out, no worries there eh?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1000622 Oct 10, 2013
Seymour wrote:
So here is my take away from tonight... this is just a "bitch session" and place to call names. Not one of you have put forth one idea even comment such as:
"I don't like Obama because he has ????". All I hear is that I am a dumb%&**&, an idoit, clueless, etc.
Have you guys really thought this out... or are you just singing a song you heard on Fox News?
I REALLY wish there were people here who could actually discuss and debate real ideas and political policies.... guess I'm in the wrong place and will move along.
But you guy's need to understand that you are not contributing to anything substantial by trading insults. As long as the poor people are kept ignorant and arguing with each other ... the rich are safe and we will continue to be slaves to the corporations.
I sincerely hope things turn out well for you folks... but I fear they will not. The middle class is slowly being destroyed and you are being told that this is a good thing. Yet!!!... you believe it.... very sad.
Obama's government shutdown proves just how brownshirt the USA has become since comrade obama, denying people freedom, destroying the middle class, controlling peoples lives, and denying people their rights..

Marxism has only 2 classes.. The Elite and bourgeoisie... Mow more part time jobs thanks to obama spreading the wealth verses full time jobs destroying the middle clas...

Tear down this Wall Comrade obama...

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1000623 Oct 10, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The Republican Party has been "badly damaged" by the government shutdown, according to an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll released Thursday evening, which finds public opinion souring on the GOP and some of its core positions.
Americans blamed Republicans over President Barack Obama for the shutdown by a margin of 22 percentage points, with 53 percent saying the GOP deserved more blame, and 31 percent saying Obama did. Approval ratings for the Republican Party and the tea party were at 24 percent and 21 percent respectively -- both record lows as measured by NBC/WSJ.
Democrats aren't wildly popular either. Obama's approval rating is a marginally positive 47 percent, while the Democratic Party is at 39 percent, and congressional Democrats are at 36 percent.
A slim plurality of Americans say Obama should negotiate with Republicans, even before they agree to a deal that reopens the government or raises the debt ceiling. The president's approval has remained stable since the shutdown, and there are signs that Democrats may get a boost from the shutdown's political effects.
Voters were 8 points more likely to say they'd prefer a Democratic-controlled Congress over a Republican-controlled Congress, a 5-point shift toward the Democrats since last month. Support for the new health care law, the touchstone of the government shutdown, rose a net 8 points from September, while the belief that government should do more to solve problems was up 8 points from June.
“That is an ideological boomerang,” Bill McInturff, the GOP pollster who conducts the NBC/WSJ poll along with Democratic pollster Peter Hart, told NBC.“As the debate has been going on, if there is a break, there is a break against the Republican position.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/10/poll...
thank you GOP.
<spam>
Seymour

Marion, OH

#1000624 Oct 10, 2013
Ray Donovan,
I use Fox news because of the comments of the posters I was addressing at the time. Agree - MSNBC is a failed copy of Fox, but I think they are less likely to lie than Fox. But lie they do...

I am in favor of a third party. Financial conservatives. Socially moderate.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1000625 Oct 10, 2013
"Exchange agencies walk back high-traffic hype"
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1000626 Oct 10, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The WSJ/NBC Poll Is a Complete Republican Rout
To put the positive/negative ratings in perspective, the Republicans are at -29 compared to the Democrats’-1. Adding insult to injury, not only has the GOP’s negative rating jumped by nine points since last month, but Obama’s approval (47%) is up slightly from the previous poll, and the percentage of respondents saying that the ACA is a “good idea” rose by seven points over last month. It is still at an anemic 38%, but according to the arguments of those seeking to defund the ACA the law shouldn’t be getting more popular. The figure for those responding that the law is a “bad idea” has dropped by six points since June. Respondents also favored a Congress controlled by Democrats by a 47-39% margin. Like the Gallup result, it is just one poll, but the news is so thoroughly bad for the GOP that it is impossible at this point to ignore just how much damage this pointless standoff has done to the party.
Many Republican respondents were unsparing in their view of what their representatives have been doing:
More than a third of Republicans disapproved of how their party’s members in Congress are doing their job, while nearly 40% said congressional Republicans were putting the party’s agenda above the good of the country [bold mine-DL].
When that many people in your own party are against what you’ve been doing, it is absurd to believe that you are in a position to “win” anything.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
<spam>
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1000627 Oct 10, 2013
From the above cited report

" The Obama administration has notably used social media, videos, and its own sophisticated websites to provide the public with administration-generated information about its activities, along with considerable government data useful for consumers and businesses….

Instead of providing greater access for reporting by knowledgeable members of the press, Compton noted, the Obama White House produces its own short newscast,“West Wing Week,” which it posts on the White House website.“It’s five minutes of their own video and sound from events the press didn’t even know about,” she said.

“When you call the White House press office to ask a question or seek information, they refer us to White House websites,” said Chris Schlemon, Washington producer for Britain’s Channel 4 television news network.“We have to use White House website content, White House videos of the president’s interviews with local television stations and White House photographs of the president.”

The Obama administration is using social media “to end run the news media completely,” Sesno at George Washington University told me.“Open dialogue with the public without filters is good, but if used for propaganda and to avoid contact with journalists, it’s a slippery slope.”

http://networkedblogs.com/PVUfY

So when Progressives come in here with TPM,MMfA, OFA, Think Progress, etc all you are providing is the White House spin.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1000628 Oct 10, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
somewhat different from Bush paying reporters to push his agenda.
i can just imagine the uproar if Obama got caught doing the same. but as you point out, no worries there eh?
<spam>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Rogue Scholar 05 180,932
US judge strikes down Arkansas' gay marriage ba... 5 min Fa-Foxy 40
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Ooogah Boogah 127,885
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 6 min Swedenforeve 20
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 6 min Pops 8,648
Spain about to stab all Cubans in the back again 7 min castroHitlerAsesino 16
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Abe 163,188
White House veto threat shelves possible tax plan 21 min Wildcat 5
Immigrants Social Security eligible in Obama plan 41 min WeTheSheeple 11
Elizabeth Warren calls out Obama on nominee 46 min Butters 11
US Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg recovering af... 51 min WeTheSheeple 1

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE