Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1580758 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

OBAMA the GENIUS

Rocky Mount, NC

#942972 Jul 12, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>umm it case you didn't notice DETROIT is controlled by democrats--why aren't they hiring? they recieved millions uh billions in O'bamastimulus right? LOL.
Ummmmmm,

I did notice:

As soon as Obama won the first time:

Massive stock market sell off!

Who did that?

The poor!

No!

The old white republican frauds! The richest on earth!

Caused a great depression!

8 millions jobs lost.

The old white Republicans were so mad: how dare a black man win!

We will show the people what real power is!

The old white republican frauds ffffccckkkked the whole country.

And they refuse to hire now.

I say borrow till all that debt changes their minds.

8 years of Hillary on the way after this!

Get the debt to 30 TRILLION!

FIX THIS REPUBLICAN MESS!

job programs now: every red state: end the republican nightmare.

Those richest are still worth $47 TRILLION.

BORROW TILL IT HURTS!

They ruined the country for a lot less......
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#942973 Jul 12, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
As you apparently haven't done any research, the 911 transcript reveals Zimmerman told the dispatcher on the phone while he was still in his house the young man had seen him and was walking towards him before running away.
The question is why didn't he keep running and go home?
A totally innocent teenager would have. One who had his own anger issues and wanted to act out on that anger might not have.
This is where your inner racist kicks in. Fuck what Trayvon Martin didn't do, it ain't about that. What did George Zimmerman do, it's all about that! There could've been a thousand reasons as to why Trayvon didn't go straight home. He could've been waiting for a ride or, for a friend that didn't know where he lived. That has nothing to do with anything. He was minding his business &, the 2 would've never crossed paths hadn't Zimmerman played cop. He never would've gotten out that car if he didn't have that gun. Look at it in these terms. If it wasn't the murder of a young black man but, the rape of a young white girl &, all sequences happened exactly the same up until the altercation. The pervert stalked, followed, & raped the girl after she ran &, could've went home but, didn't! Are you saying she's at fault because she chose to not go home for whatever? Your argument is totally biased. You may have felt sympathy for Martin but, you read right wing articles &, was looking for a reason to discredit the black boy in the hoodie! What happened during the fight is obsolete. The beginning & end result tells the whole story! Trayvon didn't stalk or follow Zimmerman &, he didn't wind up shooting & killing him. The notion that you people think that, it's legal to follow & confront someone that tingles your suspicions is ludicrous! That's what initiated the confrontation. Tevin Martin ran, Zimmerman gave chase, enough said!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#942974 Jul 12, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have cable but no doubt according to you I should be entitled to it--can you send me a check for 120 dollars every month so I can see how Fox is? Thank you in advance--I know you want me to be as informed as a Foxbot like you.
What a loser ! Can't afford $120 a month? In any event, one need not have cable to realize that everything you Morans say stems from Fox. Radio? Limbaugh, Beck, or Worldnutdily, Breitbart, Drudge... All the same shyt.
Not one of you have an original thought or even a phrase!
Ditto head dummies, all of you.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#942975 Jul 12, 2013
WOW wrote:
The cognitive dissonance about the dollar never fails to amaze me. People know in their bones that their dollars will be worth a lot less in the future…yet they continue to trust and cling to the dollar as a store of value. They invest in things denominated in dollars that pay interest well below the rate of inflation. Or they go for all out gambling in the stock market to have a hope of outpacing inflation enough to build a tiny bit of wealth to leave to their grandkids.
Commodities like copper with an industrial demand may fall in price — even drastically — in the midst of a global depression. But the 30% or so drop in the price of something like copper will be running hard against the US government’s need to inflate away the value of the US dollar by having the Fed create new money to buy up more and more government debt. Inflation tends to outpace falling prices due to falling demand. The folks at Wells Fargo understand this and seem to be trying to help clear up some of the public confusion.
The irresponsible practices of the Obama-Bernanke Fed to create the illusion of economic growth will lead to ultimate disaster.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#942976 Jul 12, 2013
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text>You haven't mentioned the billions of dollars republicans pissed away on missile development programs that they insisted on not cutting from the budget that even the Pentagon did not want. The $100 million price of the trip to Africa was not a 'First Family vacation trip',but a foreign affairs trip to one of the poorest continents on the planet by the most powerful leader of the superpower United States of the Western World. Do you know the difference?
Yes.

National defense is a Constitutional function.

Gifts to African dictators are not.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#942977 Jul 12, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
As you apparently haven't done any research, the 911 transcript reveals Zimmerman told the dispatcher on the phone while he was still in his house the young man had seen him and was walking towards him before running away.
A totally innocent teenager would have. One who had his own anger issues and wanted to act out on that anger might not have.
If Trayvon was white, he'd be alive. Period.

I'm watching Mark O'Maras closing arguments; he's not very convincing. He is arrogant and snarky. Condescending.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#942978 Jul 12, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't take much, does it?
Well, it's pretty obvious to anyone that isn't batty, that she believes blacks don't BELONG in HER neighborhood...she has to go visit them in theirs (like an outing to the zoo) so she can comment on their cars and clothes and food stamps...

I tried to watch the defense closing arguments, but frankly, I think O'Mara is coming off as quite a yawn. You think even he's beginning to be tired of pretending Georgie Pudgy isn't a total loser wwho thought he could get away with killing a black kid to make himself feel better, bigger, more relevant. And why on earth did he allow Georgy to give that Hannity interview? Money?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#942979 Jul 12, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What a loser ! Can't afford $120 a month? In any event, one need not have cable to realize that everything you Morans say stems from Fox. Radio? Limbaugh, Beck, or Worldnutdily, Breitbart, Drudge... All the same shyt.
Not one of you have an original thought or even a phrase!
Ditto head dummies, all of you.
Typical response from people who can "afford" to spend $120 per month on a luxury, but claim inability to purchase their own medical insurance without taxpayer subsidies.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#942980 Jul 12, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>My father in law adopted one baby at the age of 2-we adopted a 15 year old. Any more stupid questions? I would sooner have my head submerged in corporate America than up O'bama's stinkly butt. All that said, the dumb whites are shooting up each other. The Negroes are.
From where?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#942981 Jul 12, 2013
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't get it...."You can't depend on your eyes and ears when your sense of reality is out of focus."
lol! Yes. And they do it by choice, no less!

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#942982 Jul 12, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Read it again, Batty...he's talking about the CLUBHOUSE that he's seen the A-hole apparently casing. You're a fool--glad you'd never be consider part of jury of my peers. "Dispatcher

Which entrance is that that he's heading towards?

Zimmerman

The back entrance…(expletive)(unclear)

Dispatcher

Are you following him?

Zimmerman

Yeah.

Dispatcher

Ok, we don't need you to do that."...Georgie Pudgy's calling from his SUV, trailing Trayvon.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#942983 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm watching Mark O'Maras closing arguments; he's not very convincing. He is arrogant and snarky. Condescending.
A white 17-year old in the Chicago hood wouldn't last five minutes.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#942984 Jul 12, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he said that because he wasn't the one who died that night and wasn't the one on top during the attack?
So have you figured out yet how Martin was supposed to know who Zimmerman was?

Or have you decided to make it a non issue after creating the bruhaha?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#942985 Jul 12, 2013
Leaving to go to J'ville for a few days to visit relatives.

Didn't want anyone to think I've been hauled away by Homeland Security. LOL.

Later.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#942986 Jul 12, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
In a show of support, I'm lately wearing a hoodie with a bullet hole in the front.
Across the chest is written "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon".
I love it.
Then you should post it on the web son.

Be a man for once in your life!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#942987 Jul 12, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I Agree McCain is a Left Winger Pseudo Liberal just like Bill Clinton Only difference is he is in the Republican Party and is classified as a RINO(Republican in Name Only) and proud of it but he isnt the only one either.
Republican in name only(Senators)
http://conservapedia.com/Republican_in_name_o...
So Mark Sanford taking off to see his mistress is acceptable on all levels then?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#942988 Jul 12, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>they can't track the O'bamaphones so the O'bama administration says.
.....and the Obamabots are stupid enough to believe that.

As good as implanting a chip in their earrings.
NJ raider 1

Newark, NJ

#942989 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text>
True but, this next prosecutor needs to hammer away at Zimmerman's inconsistencies & pick apart O'Mara's closing arguments in about an hour tops. He has to dehumanize Zimmerman & focus solely on the actions that sparked the altercation &, tie that to the end result. What happened during the fight is of no importance. It was a fight. Chances are, at some point & time, both of them were on top. He has to make the jury believe that Zimmerman shot Martin because he bit off more than he could chew!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#942990 Jul 12, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>another thing that is why I dont buy into the Party affiliation BS either.
So... do you vote outside the GOP?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#942991 Jul 12, 2013
<quoted text>
It wasn't 2 am liar
It was 2 AM when the kid was shot in Chicago after pulling a gun on a cop-His mom said he was going out for just a candy bar. The kid was 15.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Trumpler 25,559
News Why Hire More Border Patrol When Illegal Immigr... 7 min spytheweb 41
News Reactions to Trump's statement on violence in V... 7 min EMMETT TILL 317
News US court rules Arkansas can block Planned Paren... 7 min Red Crosse 11
News Tense days for business owners without legal st... 11 min spytheweb 13
A list of websites and apps that have banned, d... 13 min Quirky 3
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min Quirky 286,887
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 22 min Rico from East Lo... 1,260
News The Military Coup Against Donald Trump of 2018,... 1 hr Retribution 71
News Under fire - from GOP - Trump digs in on Confed... 2 hr Retribution 52
More from around the web