Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
discordia

Denver, CO

#847338 Jan 25, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO!!!
Thx, but Tenzing knows judge-its are meaningless.

Oddly it's the only thing we disagree on.
Proud Republican

Woodbridge, VA

#847339 Jan 25, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberalism is all about CONTROL!
Conservatism is about Freedom AND personal responsibility.
RIGHT ON!!
NotSurprizednucu lurOption

Pompano Beach, FL

#847341 Jan 25, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
WAXTURDS, for sure.
Friday's Rejected Woman #15 LMAO!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#847343 Jan 25, 2013
CNN Anchor Tricks Opponent Of Women In Combat To Endorse Racial Segregation

Conservatives are outraged over Defense Secretary Leon Panetta’s decision to lift the ban on women in combat, which opens up more than 200,000 frontline positions to women. Opponents of the move have called it “humiliating” and dangerous to unit cohesion. On CNN’s Starting Point, host Soledad O’Brien caught one such critic off guard by anonymously quoting a similar argument made during integration of African Americans into the military.

Professor Kingsley Browne, author of “Co-Ed Combat,” argued that the military’s physical standards would have to be lowered to accommodate women because there is “very little overlap in physical capacity between men and women.” O’Brien asked him if he agreed with a 1941 quote blasting military integration from Colonel Eugene Householder without revealing its context:

O’BRIEN: I’m going to read a little bit from this colonel who said this:‘The army is not a sociological laboratory; to be effective it must be organized and trained according to the principles which will ensure success…Experiments are a danger to efficiency, discipline and morale and would result in ultimate defeat.’

BROWNE: I think that that’s true. I don’t think it’s true with respect to ultimate defeat of the United States in a war. I think what’s likely to occur though is the defeat of the United States in small battles, which means people are going to die.[...]

O’BRIEN: That was from a guy in 1941. And that argument was about not allowing black people in the military. That was his exact argument of why blacks should not be allowed in the military, because it’s a danger to efficiency and discipline and morale and will result in ultimate defeat.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2013/01/25/...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#847344 Jan 25, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on, old Puff really was the magic dragon,we always counted our blessings that he was ours. I have very little knowledge of the newer version. Talk about lighting up the night. Maybe you should converse with old Eed he claims to have been a radio man. Bless you and all that served. There was no politics there. Other than what in the hell am I doing here and who in the hell sent me.
My blessing came from serving and like many vets of my age group, I didn't even realize that what I did had any meaning until long after I did it Hah.

I was a good, decent soldier and I won my little part of that misguided war.

Pompano Beach, FL

#847346 Jan 25, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Do bears shit in the woods??
Friday's Rejected Woman #Sweet 16 LMAO!

Pompano Beach, FL

#847347 Jan 25, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Turds. They mean everything to you. Anyone who spends as much time as you do using them makes you as meaningless as they are- WAXTURDS. Lol!
Friday's Rejected Woman #17 LMAO!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#847348 Jan 25, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Rush Limbaugh Calls For An "All-American First Cavalry Amazon Battalion" To Guarantee A Combat-Ready, No Pregnancy, Female Force All In PMS
http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/01/25/rush...
Limbaugh has been using that as one of his satire routines for at least 20 years. Media Matters is a little slow on the uptake.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#847350 Jan 25, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're dumb enough to smoke, you deserve to pay for it.
Why should I pay for others bad health habits??
You a smoker??
Nope. I feel the same way.

Pompano Beach, FL

#847351 Jan 25, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't think so Goober. Go play with your judgit cartoons, you're getting moldy around the edges right about now. Keep circling!!!
Friday's Rejected Woman #18 LMAO!
discordia

Denver, CO

#847352 Jan 25, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
SO you were in the artillery, but a "CLICK" as you call it is generally spelled "KLICK" hambone. I SERVED A BRIEF SPELL WITH A 105 UNIT. Are you familiar with Kentucky windage? My MOS was 11-B Went to OCS school at Fort Benning. Tell me more about your experiences in the military. So you were a Jarhead, that's ok I was a GRUNT, we all have names.
Click, klick, I never saw it in writing. Kentucky windage sounds vaguely familiar, it was a long time ago. I knew several army dogs who were 11 bravo, several got wounded in Nam and sent home, including a brother and a brother in law.
Knew 2 who were sent home in boxes. Made it a point to find their names on the wall in DC, took a picture for their mothers.

My over seas duty consisted of slogging my way thru the numerous cat houses of Okinawa.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#847353 Jan 25, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>My blessing came from serving and like many vets of my age group, I didn't even realize that what I did had any meaning until long after I did it Hah.
I was a good, decent soldier and I won my little part of that misguided war.
Wrong.

Everybody lost in Vietnam.
discordia

Denver, CO

#847354 Jan 25, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Incoming get the hell out of here.
fire for effect, did you ever carry a prick 25? be an FO?
discordia

Denver, CO

#847355 Jan 25, 2013
better use your PIN # when you use debit card, otherwise you'll get charged 4%, thx dodd, frank.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#847356 Jan 25, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
Your kind of folks. Have a show for sportsman, hunters, and then restrict what the vendors sell. It has to piss you off but gun and ammunition sales are booming across the nation. As a professional 'gunaphobe' why do you not start a movement to suspend the 2nd. amendment?
Peace
KMA
Got a big one here this weekend over in Norfolk at the Scope.
discordia

Denver, CO

#847357 Jan 25, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Drop 50 repeat Hotel Echo.
I finally threw my Log book away, seemed silly in this day and age. My kids would look at me like I was from Mars when I showed it to them. Right up there with an abacus and slide rule. But i was damned good at it.
discordia

Denver, CO

#847358 Jan 25, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Turds. They mean everything to you. Anyone who spends as much time as you do using them makes you as meaningless as they are- WAXTURDS. Lol!
Wrong, dingleberry, if they were meaningless you wouldn't be talking about them.
This waxy guy must really get get to a bunch of you commies, he's mentioned enough.
discordia

Denver, CO

#847359 Jan 25, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only is it stupid but evidence of a totally insecure shallow person.
Exactly what I'd say if all I got were bad ones. Maybe you should try harder and be nicer.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#847360 Jan 25, 2013
discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
Click, klick, I never saw it in writing. Kentucky windage sounds vaguely familiar, it was a long time ago. I knew several army dogs who were 11 bravo, several got wounded in Nam and sent home, including a brother and a brother in law.
Knew 2 who were sent home in boxes. Made it a point to find their names on the wall in DC, took a picture for their mothers.
My over seas duty consisted of slogging my way thru the numerous cat houses of Okinawa.
"Klick", from kilometer.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#847361 Jan 25, 2013
discordia wrote:
better use your PIN # when you use debit card, otherwise you'll get charged 4%, thx dodd, frank.
Debit cards are for suckers, exposing you to unnecessary risk.

Credit cards have much more legal protection and are ALWAYS better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 2 min Uncle Sam 2,353
Body cameras for cops could be the biggest chan... 4 min Le Jimbo 1,523
Obama's plan: 'Deport felons, not families' 7 min Le Jimbo 678
For Obama, a good December, but hard choices li... 8 min STFU 32
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min JM_Brazil 132,996
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Jacques Ottawa 181,876
Political figures clash after slaying of NYPD o... 10 min Grubercrats stupi... 18
Anti-Castro protesters in Miami say 'it's not t... 25 min WE JUST DONT CARE 6
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 27 min Coffee Party 293,464
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 1 hr mjjcpa 779
Obama: North Korea's hack 'cybervandalism,' not... 7 hr Hooogle It 6
More from around the web