Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#838897 Jan 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Then you'll have to explain why they went after the Social Democratic party son. Hitler plan and appeal was economic. This is how he motivated the conservatives and the population base.
Jews were just one of the ethnicity's that that he went after. You say liberals are a "collective?" Clearly Hitler did the same, making up what he felt the opposition was and assigning it to them.
No different than you right wing extremists.
The Social Democrats were allied with the conservative parties under Hindenburg in opposition to Hitler's National Socialists.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#838898 Jan 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Y
Yes, the west was hypocritical, especially Britain. But then, they were in no position to help militarily either.
.
Of course they could have done something. They could have stopped Hitler dead in 1938 even. Actually, they could have stopped him in 1935. Hitler succeeded due to a range of high-risk gambles that only worked due to the ineptitude of the Western democracies to do something. FIne enough, but then these same "freedom loving" nations cannot proclaim any moral high ground either. Likewise, how many raids did the allies launch upon concentration camps? They probably knew to a higher and more systematic extent what was going on than the average German civilian and even most of the armed forces.

The brits could have stopped it and so could the french. Well, in case of the french, could have TRIED may be more fitting, LOL.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#838899 Jan 13, 2013
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>
If you liberals don't now start to see how much you are hungry for blood and drooling over death nowadays, because you are too scared to have to face accusations of hypocrisy it is even worse. I have "spouted off" about your president killing hundreds of Pakistani kids, but where have YOU been? Same place as Cindy Sheehan, I guess, in hiding over the embarrassment that YOUR president is a much more deliberate and cold-blooded killer than Dick Cheney ever was. They act that he shot someone else in a hunting accident doesn't make him a bigger killer (except in the heads of empty liberals).
Really? If memory serves, the US is half way through withdrawing from Afghanistan and is also ahead of schedule. The new plans call for an even quicker withdrawal.

Pakistan is an enigma. They take US funds while covering for those who kill US troops.

You got a complaint? I suggest you demand to know from the Pakistani government why the heck they're so complacent! Don't you think they might have an interest in their people?

Or are you making Pakistan a satellite country of the US now?

Pick your poison. You can't sit on both sides of the same line.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#838900 Jan 13, 2013
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they could have done something. They could have stopped Hitler dead in 1938 even. Actually, they could have stopped him in 1935. Hitler succeeded due to a range of high-risk gambles that only worked due to the ineptitude of the Western democracies to do something. FIne enough, but then these same "freedom loving" nations cannot proclaim any moral high ground either. Likewise, how many raids did the allies launch upon concentration camps? They probably knew to a higher and more systematic extent what was going on than the average German civilian and even most of the armed forces.
The brits could have stopped it and so could the french. Well, in case of the french, could have TRIED may be more fitting, LOL.
Well. You must know something history doesn't about "stopping" Hitler prior to 1938.

Simply alluding to a date doesn't mean a thing.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#838901 Jan 13, 2013
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they could have done something. They could have stopped Hitler dead in 1938 even. Actually, they could have stopped him in 1935. Hitler succeeded due to a range of high-risk gambles that only worked due to the ineptitude of the Western democracies to do something. FIne enough, but then these same "freedom loving" nations cannot proclaim any moral high ground either. Likewise, how many raids did the allies launch upon concentration camps? They probably knew to a higher and more systematic extent what was going on than the average German civilian and even most of the armed forces.
The brits could have stopped it and so could the french. Well, in case of the french, could have TRIED may be more fitting, LOL.
Actually, the French had a better chance of "confining" Hitler if they weren't so damned complacent with their inept generals.

As for the concentration camps, you're assuming the allies had knowledge of what was taking place. You let me know when you have more information on that.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#838903 Jan 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not aware of nazis killing nazis, let alone in the thousands.
no surprise there. Do you want me to give you the time, place and number o killed also or can you google it yourself??

I think that statement disqualified you for further discussions with me about Germany in the 30's and 40's. We can still discuss other things, but I think with regards to this issue, there are too many gaps in your knowledge that you can retain anything I tell you without it simply leaking out through all holes. Or what else are you going to use to tell me that anyone not liberals are nazis? Were the poles nazis? They had a nationalist government and there are multiple documented episodes of Polish people assaulting the German minority BEFORE the war started. Finally, before you now rack up some false indignation trying to call me a nazi for "defending" germans invading poland try to check out if I am telling the truth first. THEN, just realize I am using a rare (but not particularly liberal) mode of thinking -> trying to see if it is possible a coin has two sides even if you don't flip it.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#838902 Jan 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No, I don't need to explain what history does well enough on it's own. I'm not aware of nazis killing nazis, let alone in the thousands.
In 1934, Hitler ordered the deaths of Ernst Rohm and other leaders of the Sturmabteilung (SA).
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#838904 Jan 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Social Democrats were allied with the conservative parties under Hindenburg in opposition to Hitler's National Socialists.
But the conservative industrialists were allied with Hitler because they didn't like Hindenburg.

You know? That sounds eerily familiar (in a reverse sense) to those companies in America that after the November 2012 election, said they would have to lay off people thanks to Obamacare and his "liberal" policies.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#838905 Jan 13, 2013
Navy Corpseman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing during hurricanes and RIOTS(civil unrest;laughable)Liberals run over to the Republican's hood because they can protect their families against the criminals looting,and hitting truck drivers in the head with a brick!
YOU LOOT, WE SHOOT!
I know son. In fact, you can take the "YOU LOOT" part out of your claim and you'd be even more accurate!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#838906 Jan 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
In 1934, Hitler ordered the deaths of Ernst Rohm and other leaders of the Sturmabteilung (SA).
AND????

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#838907 Jan 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well. You must know something history doesn't about "stopping" Hitler prior to 1938.
Simply alluding to a date doesn't mean a thing.
Google it. Or read a book. You can find FACTS about this even in a Barnes&NOble book store where the military history books are. Otherwise, you could google both French, Czech or British contingency invasion plans of Ruhr Gebiet in case of invasion of Czechoslovakia. OR you could read the German General staff's OWN evaluation of the risk of reoccupying Rheinland in 1935.

yaaaawn.. I am hitting the bed, Something tells me, I will wake up tomorrow morning having forgotten MORE European history overnight than you will ever be able to absorb. Let's stick to talking about how confiscating 180 million guns from law-abiding citizens is going to run absolutely smoothly with no risk of mass killings or civil war. If Obama can pull this one of without a shot fired, he truly IS more gifted than even Hitler with regards to subjugation.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#838908 Jan 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>But the conservative industrialists were allied with Hitler because they didn't like Hindenburg.
You know? That sounds eerily familiar (in a reverse sense) to those companies in America that after the November 2012 election, said they would have to lay off people thanks to Obamacare and his "liberal" policies.
Right, the Conservative were and did back Hitler and where Hitler got his support.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#838909 Jan 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>AND????

AND? What do you mean "AND"??

Here you were even given MORE leads to find soe facts. What's wrong with you??
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#838910 Jan 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Really? If memory serves, the US is half way through withdrawing from Afghanistan and is also ahead of schedule. The new plans call for an even quicker withdrawal.
Pakistan is an enigma. They take US funds while covering for those who kill US troops.
You got a complaint? I suggest you demand to know from the Pakistani government why the heck they're so complacent! Don't you think they might have an interest in their people?
Or are you making Pakistan a satellite country of the US now?
Pick your poison. You can't sit on both sides of the same line.
Why stay in Afghanistan one day longer if we announce that we will withdraw by a date certain? The Tol-E-Bon (Obama's emphasis) will just sit back until we leave, picking off American targets of opportunity just for the fun of it. There is no chance that the Afghan government will survive after we leave.

Get serious or get out NOW!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#838911 Jan 13, 2013
Hitler and Germany: 1928-35

Hitler found his greatest support in traditionally conservative small towns. He campaigned with attacks on Marxism, making it clear that by Marxism he meant the Social Democrats. Hitler appealed to morality, attacking free love and what he inferred was the immorality of Berlin and some other major cities. He promised to stamp out big city corruption. He called for a spiritual revolution, for a "positive Christianity" and a spirit of national pride. Hitler repeatedly called for national renewal. He and his National Socialists benefited from the recent upheaval in the Soviet Union and the rise in fear and disgust for Bolshevism. His party's posters read:

If you want your country to go Bolshevik, vote Communist. If you want to remain free Germans, vote for the National Socialists.

http://www.fsmitha.com/h2/ch16.htm

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#838912 Jan 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well. You must know something history doesn't about "stopping" Hitler prior to 1938.
Simply alluding to a date doesn't mean a thing.
The 1938 Munich Agreement permitting Nazi Germany's annexation of Czechoslovakia signaled that the West was unwilling to oppose Hitler's ambitions.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#838913 Jan 13, 2013
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>
no surprise there. Do you want me to give you the time, place and number o killed also or can you google it yourself??
I think that statement disqualified you for further discussions with me about Germany in the 30's and 40's. We can still discuss other things, but I think with regards to this issue, there are too many gaps in your knowledge that you can retain anything I tell you without it simply leaking out through all holes. Or what else are you going to use to tell me that anyone not liberals are nazis? Were the poles nazis? They had a nationalist government and there are multiple documented episodes of Polish people assaulting the German minority BEFORE the war started. Finally, before you now rack up some false indignation trying to call me a nazi for "defending" germans invading poland try to check out if I am telling the truth first. THEN, just realize I am using a rare (but not particularly liberal) mode of thinking -> trying to see if it is possible a coin has two sides even if you don't flip it.
Son, it's your claim. If you're not going to support your position and you don't know what you're talking about, I'm certainly not going to help you!

REGARDLESS of what the government was in Poland, it wasn't in the purview of the either Russia or Germany to take it over. Germany's claim to invade was under the pretense to "protect" their people. Russia as a buffer state.

You don't want to "discuss" it son? Fine. You're beginning to take the losers way out by tossing out questions in deference to facts. That's up to you. But like a right wing extremist, if I don't see things your way and you can't show me why you're right, you back out because you claim I'm limited.

Sheesh you people. You certainly are a curious bunch!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#838914 Jan 13, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Hitler and Germany: 1928-35
Hitler found his greatest support in traditionally conservative small towns. He campaigned with attacks on Marxism, making it clear that by Marxism he meant the Social Democrats. Hitler appealed to morality, attacking free love and what he inferred was the immorality of Berlin and some other major cities. He promised to stamp out big city corruption. He called for a spiritual revolution, for a "positive Christianity" and a spirit of national pride. Hitler repeatedly called for national renewal. He and his National Socialists benefited from the recent upheaval in the Soviet Union and the rise in fear and disgust for Bolshevism. His party's posters read:
If you want your country to go Bolshevik, vote Communist. If you want to remain free Germans, vote for the National Socialists.
http://www.fsmitha.com/h2/ch16.htm
YES!

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#838915 Jan 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why stay in Afghanistan one day longer if we announce that we will withdraw by a date certain? The Tol-E-Bon (Obama's emphasis) will just sit back until we leave, picking off American targets of opportunity just for the fun of it. There is no chance that the Afghan government will survive after we leave.
Get serious or get out NOW!
lol! in 2008, I recall bushie saying he wouldn't give a withdrawal date from iraq because it would tip off the enemey. Then presidential candidate Obama and Al Maliki of iraq announced a timetable for withdrawal.

Shortly thereafter, bushie also offer a general schedule of withdrawal.

You people and your political posturing. Sheesh!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#838916 Jan 13, 2013
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>
AND? What do you mean "AND"??
Here you were even given MORE leads to find soe facts. What's wrong with you??
I have no clue what his point is.

I'm hoping he does.

As I told you before, if you don't know your point, I'm not going to do your work for you!

About time you self proclaimed "independent" people start actually showing it instead of relying on others to do your work for you!

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama to broaden US effort to combat militants 3 min barefoot2626 313
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min NTRPRNR1 262,505
Bill Maher Takes Aim at Minnesota Congressman 4 min Obama Bad 72
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 5 min That Girl 53 2,819
Joint Chiefs chairman opens door to US boots on... 5 min Obama Bad 32
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min litesong 46,689
Kansas court: Remove Dem from Senate ballot - B... 7 min Le Jimbo 4
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min Chilli J 116,658
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min No Surprize 153,640
Hillary Clinton Faces Skeptical Iowa Voters 44 min woodtick57 280
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 52 min WARRIOR 4,191
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••