Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1251063 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Cardinal of the Kremlin

Bronx, NY

#825299 Dec 19, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Most NRA members are too stupid to properly operate a toaster.
AND still YOU couldn't PASS entrance WOW poorly edumacated
Cardinal of the Kremlin

Bronx, NY

#825300 Dec 19, 2012
BLACK LIB DEMOCRATS are so safe in their GUN FREE ZONES WHILE Ms. JOHNSON,Ms. BROWN Mrs. LEROY BUBBA JOHNSON GRANDSONS sell CRACK and DOPE MOLLY out of their homes kill the CHILD he grew up with and everyone knows who did it but won't SNITCH yea gun control YOU can't CONTROL your own HOOD and you want to control everyone else control your households

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#825301 Dec 19, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>They fear what they don't understand, Homer.
Women having sexual lives, in any context other than heterosexual marriage, threatens their sense of fairness: only men should be able to have sex, without the "responsibility" of getting 'knocked up'. Which is why they're against contraceptives, and abhor the idea, much less the reality, of abortion.
It has nothing to do with 'life'. It's all about control. Plus, they envy us because we have the ability to say "NO", and they....well, they live for that little tube between their legs, and can't imagine us being able to live without it.
Sad, really.
It was with welcome relief when I grew to an age in which my big head was able to get a thought in edgewise. A whole new world of experience and productivity opened up to me.

That was yesterday.

Location hidden

#825302 Dec 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The KKK had a reputation of lynching.
If Byrd didn't do it himself, he was associated with those who did.
Wouldn't that be called guilt by association?
Irrelevant.

You said Byrd was lynching blacks.

Put up or shut up.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

Bronx, NY

#825303 Dec 19, 2012
WHERE was THE OUT CRY FOR GUN CONTROL WHEN TRAVON GOT MURDERED where was the LIB DEMOCRAT they had to DRAG THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT from BEHIND HIS WHITE LIB DEM HANDLERS WEEKS LATER HE made a ONELINE BS STATEMENT IF I HAD A SON IT WOULD LOOK LIKE TRAVON NO TEARS NO NOTHING lololol maybe if he came out then we would have this TRAGEDY WOW LIKE THEY SAID IN THE GODFATHER awww hollywood loves BLACKS
carol

Orlando, FL

#825304 Dec 19, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
N.R.A. Proposes Sweeping Ban on Movies
Saying it was “high time to take action against the number one cause of violence in America,” the National Rifle Association issued a statement today urging a sweeping ban on movies.
Tracy Klugian, an official spokesperson for the gun-lobbying organization, said that the N.R.A. had taken this extraordinary step because it “could not stand idly by and watch movies tear apart the fabric of our civil society.”
To that end, Mr. Klugian said, the N.R.A. would use money from its PAC, the N.R.A. Political Victory Fund, to support politicians who favored a ban on filmed entertainment.
In the hours after the N.R.A.’s announcement, politicians on both sides of the aisle were quick to applaud the group for identifying what it called “a long overdue need for movie control.”
“It is time for us to stop the madness,” said Speaker of the House John Boehner.“As a first step, I am proposing legislation that would impose a two-year waiting period and background check before one is allowed to see a Hollywood release.”
Minutes later, the White House said that the Speaker’s proposal was “a good first step, but does not go far enough,” arguing that Congress had to “take a hard look at whether superhero costumes and masks should continue to be legal.”
All in all, the N.R.A.’s Klugian said he was “cautiously optimistic” that the organization’s call for new legislation would be heeded “because our message finally seems to be getting through: Guns don’t kill people. Movies kill people.”
Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit...
not a true story. just one to make certain people look the fools they are.
(I'm posting this again because I'm not sure it posted the first time and I have to go to work.)

It's not the guns. It's movies that glorify killing. It's movies that stylize killing for "artistic" purposes. It's sick and disturbing movies that depict gruesome killings as entertainment.

Cowboy movies and war movies depict history and reality. That's not what we're talking about.

The kind of movies young people see today, we couldn't have even imagined. The Dark Knight character was elevated to hero status. "Saw" was considered a cool movie. Neither movie was focused around guns.

Even if most children can process these movies without being outwardly affected by them, they are still becoming less sensitized by them. But for some, it intensifies the dark clouds already forming in their minds and they reenact the unemotional killings they see on the big screen.

It's the culture of bullying, child suicides and children killing children without even needing a gun.

Even if guns were banned, the shooters in the last three tragedies would have gotten their hands on a weapon somehow.

It's not about how they did it. But why they did it.

Location hidden

#825305 Dec 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
This sounds much like a design with intelligence behind it. You know, with physics and properties and principles being so logical and all.
Don't you think it odd, in light of all this intelligence with a logical design, that Intelligent Design is censored as free thought in the scientific world nowadays?
Even if the universe was intelligently designed it wasn't by the God portrayed by the Abrahamic religions. The universe is rational, it could not have been designed by the irrational, near schizophrenic being described in your sacred texts.(... and I'm being kind by inserting "near")
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#825306 Dec 19, 2012
The Secret History of Guns

In the 1920s and ’30s, the NRA was at the forefront of legislative efforts to enact gun control. The organization’s president at the time was Karl T. Frederick, a Princeton- and Harvard-educated lawyer known as “the best shot in America”—a title he earned by winning three gold medals in pistol-shooting at the 1920 Summer Olympic Games. As a special consultant to the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws, Frederick helped draft the Uniform Firearms Act, a model of state-level gun-control legislation.(Since the turn of the century, lawyers and public officials had increasingly sought to standardize the patchwork of state laws. The new measure imposed more order—and, in most cases, far more restrictions.)

Frederick’s model law had three basic elements. The first required that no one carry a concealed handgun in public without a permit from the local police. A permit would be granted only to a “suitable” person with a “proper reason for carrying” a firearm. Second, the law required gun dealers to report to law enforcement every sale of a handgun, in essence creating a registry of small arms. Finally, the law imposed a two-day waiting period on handgun sales.

The NRA today condemns every one of these provisions as a burdensome and ineffective infringement on the right to bear arms. Frederick, however, said in 1934 that he did “not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses.” The NRA’s executive vice president at the time, Milton A. Reckord, told a congressional committee that his organization was “absolutely favorable to reasonable legislation.” According to Frederick, the NRA “sponsored” the Uniform Firearms Act and promoted it nationwide. Highlighting the political strength of the NRA even back then, a 1932 Virginia Law Review article reported that laws requiring a license to carry a concealed weapon were already “in effect in practically every jurisdiction.”

When Congress was considering the first significant federal gun law of the 20th century—the National Firearms Act of 1934, which imposed a steep tax and registration requirements on “gangster guns” like machine guns and sawed-off shotguns—the NRA endorsed the law. Karl Frederick and the NRA did not blindly support gun control; indeed, they successfully pushed to have similar prohibitive taxes on handguns stripped from the final bill, arguing that people needed such weapons to protect their homes. Yet the organization stood firmly behind what Frederick called “reasonable, sensible, and fair legislation.”

One thing conspicuously missing from Frederick’s comments about gun control was the Second Amendment. When asked during his testimony on the National Firearms Act whether the proposed law violated “any constitutional provision,” he responded,“I have not given it any study from that point of view.” In other words, the president of the NRA hadn’t even considered whether the most far-reaching federal gun-control legislation in history conflicted with the Second Amendment. Preserving the ability of law-abiding people to have guns, Frederick would write elsewhere,“lies in an enlightened public sentiment and in intelligent legislative action. It is not to be found in the Constitution.”

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2...

Location hidden

#825307 Dec 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair, that really didn't happen. As different as Tenzing and I are politically, he was there for me when I was going through my empty nest syndrome.
He can be annoying as all get out - and I should know more than anyone - but I won't kick him when he's down.
We're all just a little on edge these days.
I'm not down but thanks anyway.

Eman's just a jealous little "man".
Forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#825308 Dec 19, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Most NRA members are too stupid to properly operate a toaster.
Legislate them dummy!

Get on down to the Capital and get it done...

what are you waiting for! while you are at it...

BAN trees!

They kill Liberals all the time...

"Dendrophobia is the fear of trees..."

http://common-phobias.com/Dendro/phobia.htm

Duma$$es like you need protection...ban it all!

get'em to repeal all the Amendments, Articles, and clauses in all founding documents...it racist anyway!
Forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#825309 Dec 19, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
what i can't figure out is how they ever got along without guns.
nice of the white man to provide the Indians with a way to more efficiently kill white men.
i think a squabble over a horse settled by a game of lacrosse is a bit different then starting a war because the company you used to work for needs to up the cash flow.
Small pox is my favorite way of killin' off the Native...

I love telling my kids that one!

Weapons have been found at nearly every archo dig/society...

as well as the penis...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/471...

Location hidden

#825310 Dec 19, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
President Barack Obama is due to announce that Vice-President Joe Biden will lead attempts to reform gun laws in the US.
There have been widespread calls for reform following the shooting of 26 children and teachers in Sandy Hook School, Connecticut, last week.
White House officials said Mr Obama would set out the process by which his administration will move forward.
NRA's holding a press conference Friday after total silence following the shootings. I expect this to be a pivotal moment for the organization that will determine their viability and relevance going forward.
TR Jones

Edison, NJ

#825311 Dec 19, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
More people were murdered by deadly guns in Newtown Conn. in 5 minutes than were murdered by deadly guns in an entire year in England. America needs to ban firearms so the 20 innocent children in Sandy Hook will not have died in vain.
Will Hollywierd stop producing how to movies that feature violence? Will politicans stop championing the rights of the insane to wander our streets and re-open institutions? Because right now it is extremely difficult to enact an involuntary committment until AFTER a crime? What about violent video games that train the crazies? And the media frenzy that gives future mass murderers the incentive to become "famous?"

"For hours on end, alone in his windowless basement den, Adam Lanza studied photos of guns and obliterated virtual victims in violent video games — until the virtual became a reality.

The unhinged Sandy Hook Elementary School gunman was enthralled by blood-splattering, shoot-’em-up electronic games, which he played in the basement of his mother’s spacious $1.6 million home in Newtown, Conn., according to a person familiar with the layout.

Lanza, 20, especially liked “Call of Duty”— a wartime role-playing game where participants use high-powered assault rifles, machine guns and other weapons to slaughter scores of people, according to a published report."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/playtim...
Forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#825312 Dec 19, 2012
Get some interns up at the DOJ on this...

Read OBAMACARE...

save Americans from...

CLOWNS!

Coulrophobia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coulrophobia

I feel safe already!

BAN clowns now!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#825313 Dec 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
(I'm posting this again because I'm not sure it posted the first time and I have to go to work.)
It's not the guns. It's movies that glorify killing. It's movies that stylize killing for "artistic" purposes. It's sick and disturbing movies that depict gruesome killings as entertainment.
Cowboy movies and war movies depict history and reality. That's not what we're talking about.
The kind of movies young people see today, we couldn't have even imagined. The Dark Knight character was elevated to hero status. "Saw" was considered a cool movie. Neither movie was focused around guns.
Even if most children can process these movies without being outwardly affected by them, they are still becoming less sensitized by them. But for some, it intensifies the dark clouds already forming in their minds and they reenact the unemotional killings they see on the big screen.
It's the culture of bullying, child suicides and children killing children without even needing a gun.
Even if guns were banned, the shooters in the last three tragedies would have gotten their hands on a weapon somehow.
Curator of the NRA museum....

"Guns make things happen. They change history. Without them, TV and action movies would be one endless car chase that ends with a crash."

http://www.nramuseum.org/news.aspx

they love movie guns....

Actor, NRA Board member and avid gun collector Tom Selleck has donated seven rifles and revolvers used in his films to the NRA National Firearms Museum.

Several of Mr. Selleck's guns have been displayed in the museum, most notably one of the Shiloh Sharps rifles used in the blockbuster movie Quigley Down Under. The gun was featured in "Real Guns of Reel Heroes," one of the museum's most popular exhibits ever.

http://www.nra.org/Article.aspx...

Real Guns of Reel Heroes. just don't take your kid to see it. elevated hero status and all that.
TR Jones

Edison, NJ

#825314 Dec 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% correct. Ironically, liberal Hollywierd promotes and enriches itself on violence while preaching against gun ownership. Usually while personally armed and/or with high priced armed security guards protecting themselves, their families and their homes 24/7.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

Bronx, NY

#825315 Dec 19, 2012
I DON't WANT MY CHILD TO BE STABBED BAN KNIVES AND ALLL SHARP OBJECTS Moment crazed Doomsday knifeman who stabbed 23 children attacks schoolgirl with machete

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22504...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#825316 Dec 19, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
if you once owned a country that was taken away from you by white men who were destined 'by God' to rape and pillage a society that makes our present one look like the dark ages, you might also pop a pill or 2 on a regular occasion.
Evil whitey...

"Archeologists have found thousands of artifacts at the Finch site on Highway 26 north of Milton (Wisconsin, USA). Archaeologists say a two-acre strip of wooded hills holds 160 identified pits where prehistoric Native American people dumped everything from deer bones to >>>>weapon shards<<<< to burnt and broken clay cookware. Experts believe this site may contain, at the very minimum, 100,000 Native American artifacts which scientists believe date from 5000 BCE to 1200 CE."

What were these Natives afraid of?

http://www.stonepages.com/news/archives/00401...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#825317 Dec 19, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's astonishing to me that some liberals just can't seem to get past point A to point B.
Gun sales are already going up. If this legislation even gets close to being passed, sales will go through the roof. The ban won't even matter. Everyone will already own one by then.
Can't they think that far ahead? I really don't understand their scope of vision.
Their plan is to seize the existing weapons, but only from us. They have no plans to seize the weapons creating the mountain of carnage in their loyal districts. If they had any plan of doing that, then they would be enforcing existing laws there.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

Bronx, NY

#825318 Dec 19, 2012
Man kills wife and then commits suicide with 8-inch kitchen knife as police find bodies in home after 911 call from concerned friend CHOPSTICKS FOR EVERYONE

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22503...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 9 dead in 'hate crime' shooting at S.C. church 9 min xxxrayted 392
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 10 min NotSoSmartMsM 2,118
News US same-sex marriage ruling likely to impact ot... 13 min xplode 30
News Religious liberty is rallying cry after gay mar... 13 min NorCal Native 120
News Kentucky couples sue clerk who won't issue gay ... 17 min xplode 10
News Donald Trump surges, and Democrats cheer 20 min LeDuped 45
News How Undocumented Immigrants Help Strengthen Our... 26 min Tortus and Hare 202
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 39 min Brian_G 332,664
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr New York Compost 192,126
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr ChristineM 168,733
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 hr IND 186,216
More from around the web