Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,889)

Showing posts 757,761 - 757,780 of1,034,754
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan had the tragedy of Alzheimer's later, maybe five years, difficult to determine exact date. A terrible disease. Pressure of the presidency may have been obvious in second term.
Pressures from the presidency are obvious in any term for any president. But for an older president, Reagan handled those pressures far better than most seniors.

Obama was also exhibiting this kind of pressure during the first debate. Some probably even thought he had early Alzheimer's.

Second terms are usually never good for any president. Obama has only just begun.
Fenris the Archangel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You get about as much respect as g.h.b when he flew over louisiana. Your a coward! I'm willing to bet you play this roll on topix , but in public you kiss the asses of blackmen. I can't speak for your state & how far it has come from slavery, but in New Jersey thoughts like your will surely get your head knocked off. Whats done in the dark shall be revealed by the light. Stay on the computer. I'd hate to hear some young black dude brought you back to the future Mcfly!
New Jersey = the armpit on a crackwhre, you burnt-toast, pusceeazz erkel....:-)
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>McCain got zero votes in 57 of those divisions Carol. The term divisions has your head jumping time hah it doesn't take much does it?
Your new pal, the short poster is putting up nonsense this morning and you appear more than happy to play piggyback.
If those 59 divisions (even if they only comprised 19,605 of the votes) had voted only for Romney, you don't honestly think the left wouldn't be freaking out and would still be screaming the election was rigged if Romney had won?

Surely, even you don't think that.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan had the tragedy of Alzheimer's later, maybe five years, difficult to determine exact date. A terrible disease. Pressure of the presidency may have been obvious in second term.
Reagan couldn't even answer any questions during the Iran Contra trial. He couldn't remember anything. By then his mind was completely gone.
Lincoln Duncan

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Popular vote

President Obama - 65,464,068

Governor Romney - 60,781,275
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Pressures from the presidency are obvious in any term for any president. But for an older president, Reagan handled those pressures far better than most seniors.
Obama was also exhibiting this kind of pressure during the first debate. Some probably even thought he had early Alzheimer's.
Second terms are usually never good for any president. Obama has only just begun.
His performance at the first debate was because of the high altitude. He will have a great, productive second term...and a great third term too!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG!! By 2016, possession of a firearm by a private citizen will be a FELONY!! And President Obama's new supreme court will repeal the 22nd amendment and he will be easily re-elected to a THIRD TERM of great leadership! Get used to it, racist jerk!
'and you are so full of sh**, your eyes are brown... I don't own a firearm, but if push came to shove, and it was put up, I would purchase one, and it it guarandamnteed, Barack's gestopo wouldn't find it. Third term.. you had better get your states lined up for a Constitutional amendment, because it won't happen another way.
Lincoln Duncan

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
In 59 divisions in Philadelphia, not one vote for Romney. Not even one.
A political scientist at the University of Virginia who studies African American precincts, Larry Sabato, said,
"I'd be surprised if there weren't a handful of precincts that didn't cast a vote for Romney," he said. But the number of zero precincts in Philadelphia deserves examination," and saying, "Not a single vote for Romney or even an error? That's worth looking into."
Worth looking into, indeed.
This one city wouldn't have changed the outcome but it spotlights, perhaps, a more widespread suspicion of corruption. Something we'll probably never know.
If Romney had won and this had happened in a predominantly conservative city, the left would be having a meltdown screaming republicans rigged every poll in the country.
At least we on the right have a little more self-control and composure if there's a suspicion of foul play.
Romney conceded

Romney received 47% of the popular vote.
Nj raider 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
In 59 divisions in Philadelphia, not one vote for Romney. Not even one.
A political scientist at the University of Virginia who studies African American precincts, Larry Sabato, said,
"I'd be surprised if there weren't a handful of precincts that didn't cast a vote for Romney," he said. But the number of zero precincts in Philadelphia deserves examination," and saying, "Not a single vote for Romney or even an error? That's worth looking into."
Worth looking into, indeed.
This one city wouldn't have changed the outcome but it spotlights, perhaps, a more widespread suspicion of corruption. Something we'll probably never know.
If Romney had won and this had happened in a predominantly conservative city, the left would be having a meltdown screaming republicans rigged every poll in the country.
At least we on the right have a little more self-control and composure if there's a suspicion of foul play.
What suspicion? Have you ever been to philly? There's areas where not 1 white person lives called the ghetto & after the 47% debacle & romney saying it's in his heritage to work with black people, my family were slave owners, how are you surprised or suspicious about anything? Those comments would make some white folks not vote for him even if they were undecided or leaning 1 way or another. It shows how far out of touch he is with the times? If it were a southern state I may be skeptical, but philly, far from it!

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

carol wrote:
Obama not only likes the status quo but he's making sure the burden of paying for the additional 30 million falls directly on the shoulders of taxpayers who have to work to support them.
And the relatively few people in the 1% category.
Hard to believe some people can't figure out everyone's taxes will go up.
Everyone's taxes are going up January 1, 2013, even before Obamacare kicks in on January 1, 2014.
Just simply hard to believe.
The largest portion by far of the revenue generated comes from this:

Additional 0.9 percent payroll tax on wages and self-employment income and new 3.8 percent tax on dividends, capital gains, and other investment income for taxpayers earning over $200,000 (singles)/$250,000 (married)

Unless you do not buy insurance & get fined, the middle class suffer few direct taxes.

Carol playing chicken little.
ole_47

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Evidently you don't know because you're talking about limiting your income to 58k to avoid new income tax rates.
What are you doing...expanding, opening a mutual fund?
ole_47

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>McCain got zero votes in 57 of those divisions Carol. The term divisions has your head jumping time hah it doesn't take much does it?
Your new pal, the short poster is putting up nonsense this morning and you appear more than happy to play piggyback.
I've got you and your 70 IQs full attention...
Fenris the Archangel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG!! By 2016, possession of a firearm by a private citizen will be a FELONY!! And President Obama's new supreme court will repeal the 22nd amendment and he will be easily re-elected to a THIRD TERM of great leadership! Get used to it, racist jerk!
Shining electron IS right about you: you really DO live in a fantasy world, Erkel!! I bet you spank the monkey (while watching reruns of "Shaft") on the late show....
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If those 59 divisions (even if they only comprised 19,605 of the votes) had voted only for Romney, you don't honestly think the left wouldn't be freaking out and would still be screaming the election was rigged if Romney had won?
Surely, even you don't think that.
It's not unusual in that section of Philly and parts of certain other large cities. As I said, in 57 of those same divisions, McCain got zero votes__not a single one.

You pal Sean Hannity was corrected on air about his story. and he sloughed off fact in favor of his fiction. Have you ever been to South Philadelphia Carol?

It's case closed for all but the insane.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

The script for a fiscal cliff deal was always supposed to be simple: Democrats would win on taxes. Republicans would win on entitlements.

But what kind of victory can Republicans really hope to win? They’re going to have to lower their sights — by a lot — from the big ideas they pushed in the presidential campaign.

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/12/on-enti...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
She's too fckn ugly to get elected in this pinup/posterboy age. No one wants to look at a dried-out old hag for 4 years, and you ought to know that better than anyone else....:-)
And may the peewee hermans and the elmo voices of this world, be ever in your shallow, ungrateful, sexist, brainless feral pig of a cavity that is supposed to hold brain cellsminduh--everytime you place an order of nutrition!!

SHAME on YOU-sexist, unconscionable feral pig!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Republicans may need to concede the current tax fight to President Barack Obama, who holds the "upper hand" in that battle, Sen. Bob Corker said Sunday.

"There is a growing group of folks looking at this and realizing that we don’t have a lot of cards as it relates to the tax issue," the Tennessee Republican told "Fox News Sunday." "I think [that notion] has merit.... I actually am beginning to believe that is the best route for us to take."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-live/2...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Good point, It sure is something that might work, One problem would be the increase in school breakfast, lunch, and dinner... servings... These people aren't going to take responsibility...
Cut 'em off in the fweeloader lines too...make 'em live like the rest of us have to.

Too bad on their slackerTIC, lazy ass selves.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>That's why President Obama's immigration policies provides them with health care, to prevents the spread of diseases idoit.
Oh no, that idiot disease is only INCREASING.

Just read your posts of proof!!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Fenris the Archangel wrote:
<quoted text>
New Jersey = the armpit on a crackwhre, you burnt-toast, pusceeazz erkel....:-)
Hey now-you'll piss the one half of New Yawk that holds lady Liberty off---lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 757,761 - 757,780 of1,034,754
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••