Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,691)

Showing posts 753,801 - 753,820 of1,033,100
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Sean says go over the cliff.
Sean Hannity Urges Republicans To "Refuse To Negotiate" On The Budget
http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/11/30/sean...
cool.
Now Obama wants unilateral authority to raise the debt ceiling. Who the hell does he think he is, Mohamed Morsi?

Obama in 2006: "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies.… Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

No doubt considering you're nothing more than a southern white trailer trash illiterate from Alabamma.

Still moving, J --- et?

Well cram it!!! Time is short.
And Alabama shackins have a high occupancy rate.
debils minge wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of my relatives still live in caves!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Impeach Obama wrote:
The folks on Staten Island sure are upset with Obama's FEMA. They still haven't done anything. No power, no heat, no water. Why won't CNN and MSNBC report about their incompetence?
No repairs allowed without union labor and government inspections.

On Long Island, the power company is a government agency, so lotsa luck.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The "humanitarian angle" was always part of the equation. During the Clinton administration and the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, the Act included a future need for War Crimes Tribunals in Iraq: "The Congress urges the President to call upon the United Nations to establish an international criminal tribunal for the purpose of indicting, prosecuting, and imprisoning Saddam Hussein and other Iraqi officials who are responsible for crimes against humanity, genocide, and other criminal violations of international law."
However, WMDs was always the primary focus - in 1998, during the UN resolutions and post 9/11. The entire world knew he had them and had used them.
He had plenty of time to get rid of them before and after the UN inspections and during the 14 resolutions by the UN, but he would have gotten them back.
The 260 mass graves were discovered after we went into Iraq, by the way.
lol! It doesn't matter. The AUMF specifically authorized the president the power to use force as he saw fit. It did NOT force the president to target Saddam or invade a sovereign country... it was at his discretion.

You people keep confusing what's open speech versus facts and legal authorization. And besides, if Saddam had gotten rid of the wmds as you claim, then Hans Blix, the French, Germans and Russians WERE CORRECT that Saddam had no wmds.... which make bushie an illegal liar.

What you believe and what actually occurred are clearly two different things.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Grampy will not tumble off the cliff. After Frido Biden's speach about putting y'all back in chains Grampy cleaned out the local True Value's chain rack to be prepared...
Now I'm chaining myself to a tree so I won't be going off the cliff. But, it'll be a hoot watching y'all freefall...
Go for it. Did you chain Fred and Gunner?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is a faith-based personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It is a philosophy of Christ's teachings.
That philosophy is expressed, practiced and interpreted by different religions all around the world - from Catholicism and its many sects to Protastantism and its many sects to Easteron Orthodox religions to Oriental Orthodoxy - and everything else in between.
So unless the government is forcing one specific "religion" on the people, it's not the same as tolerating the "philosophy" of Christianity which is basically "peace, good will to all men."
lol! Is that the Old Testament or the New Testament?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The Republicans are, reportedly, outraged by President Obama’s opening bid in the fiscal cliff talks. Republicans always seem to be outraged. It’s getting boring. They need to step up and make a counter-offer.
http://swampland.time.com/2012/11/30/how-to-n...
If I walk up to you on the street and say to you that I'm gonna shoot you in the head no matter what you, what is your counter-offer?

Obama's "opening bid" was a joke.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>You are 'the pot calling the kettle black, and believe 'in your own mind' that you think reasonably. BUT... You voted Barack Hussein Obama, which means you voted to have the Usurper in Chief not only pick you pocket. But clean out your welfare account? But as Spanky in the 'Our Gang Comedies' shook the monkey by tail. "Got any money monkey"? Does the shaking, ring a bell Yeahoo?? It ought too??
lol! Then find me the declaration of war for iraq you claim exists for the iraqi invasion son! Find me the Congressional records you claim exist that support and show the passage of such a declaration.

We can talk about the dow's you brought up for Korea and Vietnam later.

I'd just like to see you accomplish the small stuff first since you already have problems with facts, chica!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If I walk up to you on the street and say to you that I'm gonna shoot you in the head no matter what you, what is your counter-offer?
lol! Cons are the ones who put this cliff in place son.

Now they want political help to get out of it from Obama.

It's interesting to see them take a subservient position!
GhostofRaygun

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
SO are yew lol
Still, in an otherwise highly polarized political climate, access to affordable energy has become a rare issue with bipartisan appeal.
"It's just a no-brainer," Sen. Mary Landrieu, D-La., told The Associated Press. "Canada is going to export this oil. It's either going to come to the U.S. or it's going to go to Russia or China. Even Democrats that aren't really excited about oil and gas development generally can figure that out."
Many Democrats from states whose economies depend on oil, like Landrieu, support the pipeline. So do some trade unions, whose workers stand to gain thousands of new construction jobs. And while environmentalists make up an important part of their base, Democratic lawmakers are under intense pressure to create jobs and reduce American reliance on Mideast oil.
Can the Repub talking point of Drill Baby Drill ever die?
Here's where the US is right now.
1. Oil Production at the highest level since 2003.
2. Oil IMPORTS at the LOWEST levels in 20 years.
3. Wait for it,,,, Wait for it,,,, US Oil EXPORTS (oil sent away) is at the HIGHEST level since 1949.
You fricken Repubs have been played by big oil. They are shipping US oil 24/7 to China. So much for Drill Baby Drill to lower gas prices.

Footnote: In Aug. 2012 Exxon filed for a permit to build a NEW faucility in the Gulf to load LPG. You know all that new found natural gas that was suppose to make America energy independent? Exxon is going to ship it to China just like they do our oil. Repubs are suckers.
http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/c...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Obama economy has killed the Stage Deli.

R.I.P.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Tell that to Obama. He throws taxpayer dollars around like they are his to do with as he pleases. The jerk promised that he wouldn't pass out corporate welfare if we just voted for him and not the other guy. One of the first things he did as president was dole out corporate bail outs to the wealthy. He is a liar who sees himself as sublimely above the law, and not to be held to his "word", i.e., royalty.
His arrogance is unfathomable. Part of his "plan" was not only increasing spending again but avoiding the checks and balances of power giving himself carte blanche over the debt ceiling and avoiding Congress altogether.

Seriously, this is a very dangerous president. Some of us knew that from the very beginning, but the majority just made him feel even more invicibile - if that was even possible.
ZCs

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Some reasons why McCain should shut up, sit down and be grateful he still alowed to work in politics. He is no position to judge anybody.

McCain crashed 5 jets, plus he was responsible for the horrible USS Forrestal fire In 1967.

Surviving crewmen and those who investigated the Forrestal fire case reported that McCain deliberately 'wet-started' his A-4E Skyhawk to shake up the guy in the F-4 Phantom behind his A-4.

'Wet-starts', done either deliberately (the starter motor switch allowed kerosene to pool in the engine and give a wet start) or accidentally, shoot a large flame from the tail of the aircraft. In McCain's case, the 'wet-start''cooked off' and launched the M34 Zuni rocket from the rear F-4 that punctured the Skyhawk's fuel tank, knocked the M-65 1000 lb. bomb off it's 500 lb. rated mount, and touched off the explosions and massive fire.

The F-4 pilot was reportedly killed in the conflagration, along with 167 of his fellow Forrestal shipmates (including those who died later from wounds suffered).

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Then find me the declaration of war for iraq you claim exists for the iraqi invasion son! Find me the Congressional records you claim exist that support and show the passage of such a declaration.
We can talk about the dow's you brought up for Korea and Vietnam later.
I'd just like to see you accomplish the small stuff first since you already have problems with facts, chica!
Give it a rest... That horse has been dead for a long while. Yeahoo.. You hold your mouth funny, is that a Demorat thing, or an Asian thing??
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Go for it. Did you chain Fred and Gunner?
No, they are on their own. Have they been around Topix? How about Grey Ghost, did he die yet? Are y'all still counting votes in Florida?
GhostofRaygun

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
His arrogance is unfathomable. Part of his "plan" was not only increasing spending again but avoiding the checks and balances of power giving himself carte blanche over the debt ceiling and avoiding Congress altogether.
Seriously, this is a very dangerous president. Some of us knew that from the very beginning, but the majority just made him feel even more invicibile - if that was even possible.
Great post other than NONE of it is true.
Barack Obama has lowest spending record of any recent president at 1.4% increase.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Yep! They sure did. Based on the information provided by the bushie.
Heck, even I supported bushie for the first 6 months. Until it became apparent he didn't know what he was talking about and all he had left was to spread fud.
You just fell for the hype.

Remember Pelosi's song and dance about the CIA lying to her? And the press converging on her like a pack of wolves and her near nervous breakdown?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

She's lying just as sure as her bizarre gestures, stuttering and jumping around like a scared rabbit proved she was lying.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

USA Debt increases for the three weeks in November following election days:

2009:+38 billion
2010:+73 billion
2011:+62 billion
2012:+103 billion

45 billion more in 2012 than the previous 3 year average? Obama buying the election with our money?

Note: Bush's re-election in 2004 was only 18 billion more than the three previous year's average.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they are on their own. Have they been around Topix? How about Grey Ghost, did he die yet? Are y'all still counting votes in Florida?
Nope, they disappeared after the election, just like you. I thought you moved into Shady Pines. Ghost gone too.
Yes, they're done counting in Florida; Florida now a blue state!
Allen West finally conceded. And I happily have Lois Frankel as the congresswoman in my district. All is well in the world.
Balmy weather in in sunny Florida, it's just perfect.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
so funny to watch you wingnuts insinuate that the person who you were so sure the American people would reject in the election, is some sort of arrogant asshole.

arrogance is what lost the election.....

Every person who talks and writes about politics gets stuff wrong. I’ve gotten my fair share wrong. But what I think I got most wrong in Campaign 2012 was the damage Mitt Romney’s “47%” remark would do to him.

It may seem obvious, but bear with me.

Mitt Romney was talking off the cuff to a supposedly off the record group of donors and muddled several data points together, ultimately telling the tale of the 47% who won’t vote for him for any reason. He was referencing the 47% who don’t pay taxes and interwove it with a 47% of locked in Obama support. The statement was a mess.

I didn’t think Mitt Romney would be as hurt by the statement as he was because I assumed Romney had misspoken in an off the cuff way. I assumed Romney would clarify that he knew many of those who have government assistance did not actually want the assistance, but needed it. I assumed he’d make the case that he’d help those people get off the government dole and back into work.

In other words, I assumed Romney believed what I believe — many of those people are good people who fell on hard times and are not of the same class of people who will vote for Barack Obama for free stuff. I was absolutely wrong. Romney not only believes completely what he said as he said it, he reinforced it with his post election analysis of his defeat blaming gifts to various classes of people. If that was true, as Newt Gingrich pointed out, Romney had plenty to gift to plenty strapped to the back of marching elephants.

Note to Mitt Romney: really, it’s you, not them. Seriously.

http://www.redstate.com/2012/11/20/ronald-rea...

and we can tag that arrogance to most of conservatives in this country, and conversely, on this thread. so if you all want to continue with your hypocrisy parade, you can expect us who actually deal with reality to keep shoving right wing pundits who agree down your throats.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 753,801 - 753,820 of1,033,100
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••