Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 34,851)

Showing posts 697,001 - 697,020 of1,073,281
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Palin Advises Romney:‘Go Rogue’
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/p...
lmao
Going Rogue

a British idiom for unprotected anal sex.

Bob: What does Sarah Palin say when her and Todd are having anal sex?
Ted: What?
Bob: Drill, baby, Drill!
Ted: I guess she's going rogue.
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Leap of faith required.
You could have just sent me to Limbaugh's site.
That is called DENIAL.

I provided you with lists of dozens news sites including CNN, CBS, NBC, WaPo, etc and you were too cowardly(not leap of faith) to enlighten yourself about what the WH originally claimed.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
This is my new favorite:
“Most important is you can’t change Washington from inside, only from the outside. That’s how some of our biggest accomplishments like health care got done — mobilizing the American people.”
In other words he's blaming us. It's OUR fault his hope and change BS failed, not HIS.
lol

Mitt Romney Hoisted With His Own Contextless Petard

Of course, the Romney campaign and its allies won't mention the context of Obama's remarks. Context is a pesky thing. Get rid of it, and you can make it appear that a candidate believes anything. Take this line for example:

"I don't think you change Washington from the inside. I think you change it from the outside."

That was Mitt Romney, in December of 2007, almost perfectly echoing Obama today. Romney was making an altogether different point: That changing Washington required an outsider like Mitt Romney, not an insider like John McCain. But that's context. Romney has no use for context.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/09/mitt-rom...
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Messina saying to ignore the polls now?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. Putin prefers the person-Obama- who will be more flexible after the election. Open mic shows the train wreck of Obama's foreign policies.
I don't buy into leap of faith BS.

Unlike all you FOXbots, I know what 'context' means.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

@sonicfilter, "Just think of all the conservatives who will be writing in Ron Paul. " Latest polls show conservatives on the fence and indies are running away from Romney as fast as they can- the majority of them are choosing the centrist Dem incumbent President Obama with the rest split between Gary Johnson, Herman Cain, and Russell Means(Libertarian Presidential candidate runner-up to Ron Paul) A possible Russell Means/Gary Johnson independent ticket could be in the making.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Left wing nuts voted for incompetency.
lol

So who did you vote for during the Bush years? The other guy?

LMAO
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a fundamental difference between alternate parties and the big two and with that most of America. The alternate parties still understand the proper role of legitimate government as revealed by the Enlightenment and expressed in the Declaration of Independence and implemented by the Constitution, both parties and most americans have lost that. Government is regarded now as all powerful except within the specific restraints we put on it. We limit government to keep its propensity for total authority at bay through instruments like the Magna Carta. This conflicts with the founder's proposition that we have inalienable natural rights and as such are free to form societies and to choose representative governments which only have the authorities we expressly grant them. We don't restrict their omnipotence, we bestow this limited authority and any government that reaches beyond what we grant them is illegitimate.
Then again, maybe this herd state is our natural state and we just need someone to tell us what to do so we can get back to watching Idol.
I am not adverse to a third party candidate and have mentioned that I like many of the things that your candidate stands for; however it will be even harder for a strong third party to emerge from the sidelines since the Supreme Court sold our country to the corporations. This ruling must be overturned and true campaign finance reforms created. The obscene amounts of money that must be raised is beyond sickening.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
That is called DENIAL.
I provided you with lists of dozens news sites including CNN, CBS, NBC, WaPo, etc and you were too cowardly(not leap of faith) to enlighten yourself about what the WH originally claimed.
So I'm just supposed to take it all as some proof of what the right wing media have been saying?

Pretty weak dude. If that's all you can offer than you need to just keep the BS amongst you conservatives and keep acting the same way you all act when I post something from TAC that you can't come up with a reply too that won't make you look like a FOXbot.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

And so it goes, and Gunner, "It's OUR fault his hope and change BS failed, not HIS.

More interesting he laid it at the feet of those who voted for him in his tweet. " Of course, the truth is the whole hopey-changey thing was limited in its success by a Republican Congress that blocked Obama's full economic recovery policy that ,according to Moody's would have lowered unemployment to 6%-- it was renegade Republicans who swore to do anything to make Obama fail ,even collapsing the U S economy into another recession that provoked Moody's to downgrade the U S credit rating for the first time ever .
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

frontporchreactionary wrote:
@sonicfilter, "Just think of all the conservatives who will be writing in Ron Paul. " Latest polls show conservatives on the fence and indies are running away from Romney as fast as they can- the majority of them are choosing the centrist Dem incumbent President Obama with the rest split between Gary Johnson, Herman Cain, and Russell Means(Libertarian Presidential candidate runner-up to Ron Paul) A possible Russell Means/Gary Johnson independent ticket could be in the making.
Oh lord the TPs will be yelling RINO as loud as they can.

All that whining about splitting the ticket and such. Talk about clueless.
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Anderson Cooper admits CNN found Christopher Steven's journal inside U.S. consulate and used it in reporting but took 3 days to admit. Cooper referenced 'someone who was familiar with the ambassador's thinking' when interviewing about Libya attack.

That someone was Stevens who was deeply concern about security, being at one time on the Al Qaeda #1 hit list and increasing unrest in the region.

CNN did notify the family they had the journal and returned it to them.

I think it would have been best if he identified the source.
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh lord the TPs will be yelling RINO as loud as they can.
All that whining about splitting the ticket and such. Talk about clueless.
You guys do know that petitions for inclusion on a ballot takes months to do and the dead line has passed. Early voting has already began.
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
So I'm just supposed to take it all as some proof of what the right wing media have been saying?
Pretty weak dude. If that's all you can offer than you need to just keep the BS amongst you conservatives and keep acting the same way you all act when I post something from TAC that you can't come up with a reply too that won't make you look like a FOXbot.
No, your failure to even choose from any of the news sources shows your own extreme weakness. There is NO way you can you can call news source such as CNN, NYT, WaPo, NBC as right wing news.

Your insult was weak and childish as your are being a MMbot who is refusing to look at any news source.
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
So who did you vote for during the Bush years? The other guy?
LMAO
IN the past.

Obama is in office now and YOU were the one who voted for his incompetency.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Fox Conspiracy Theory: Obama Admin. Is Engaged In "Cover-Up" Of Libya Consulate Attacks
http://mediamatters.org/research/2012/09/21/f...
That's the bone they've been chewing on all week.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Mitt Romney packed the audience for a Univision forum earlier this week, BuzzFeed’s McKay Coppins reports, busing in local supporters “after exhausting the few conservative groups on campus.” The campaign threatened to “reschedule” the event if organizers did not allow the “rowdy activists from around southern Florida in order to fill the extra seats at their town hall.”

Romney also refused to come out on stage after the hosts introduced him by noting that he “had agreed to give the network 35 minutes, and that Obama had agreed to a full hour the next night.” Univision re-taped the introduction after Romney allegedly “threw a tantrum.”

During the event, Romney dodged four questions about whether he would maintain President Obama’s directive allowing young undocumented immigrants to stay in the United States on a temporary basis and said that he is happy to be known as “the grandfather of Obamacare.”

Romney has a history of padding the audience. During a speech before National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO) in June, the GOP presidential candidate also brought in his supporters to the address.
http://thinkprogress.org/
dixxi

Bluefield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

Kay From NN wrote:
<quoted text>You do know that some people didn't vote for Barrack because his is black? Just like I know some voted for him because he is. Some of us have to be "man" enough to admitt that they actually thought Barrack plan was good or somewhat better then McCain's but because he was black they didn't vote for him.

His plan was good, but in reality all he's done the past four years is make America worse. He hasn't done any of the things he said he was gonna do
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

No, no, to militias,” the giant crowd chanted as it marched along a lake in the center of Benghazi, filling a broad boulevard. They carried banners and signs demanding that militias disband and that the government build up police to take their place in keeping security.“Benghazi is in a trap,” signs read.“Where is the army, where is the police?”

Al-Jazeera also reported that rally organizer Muhammed Abujanah said the protestors were demonstrating against extremism, as it was “part of the [militia] problem.” Libyans soundly rejected Islamist parties at the ballot box and Libyan public opinion is strongly pro-American after a U.S.-led intervention toppled dictator Moammer Qaddafi last year.
http://thinkprogress.org/

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Judged:

The conservative dilemma.

1)vote for Romney. If he wins, they're stuck with him for 8 years. You know Romney is not a true conservative.

2) Vote for Obama, & get your true conservative in 4 years. You know Biden won't run.

3) Vote third party to send a message to the Republican Party bosses.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 697,001 - 697,020 of1,073,281
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the US News Forum right now

Search the US News Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Charles Idemi 112,024
Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 7 min fubar 21,180
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min brad 144,997
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 15 min Quirky 240,565
Court favors disclosing anti-gay marriage donors 15 min KiMare 1,583
US condemns 'heinous murder' of Palestinian teen 25 min Mandela 473
Global warming 'undeniable,' scientists say (Jul '10) 44 min Brian_G 31,871
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 50,854
•••