Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1644224 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#747179 Sep 20, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Kind of sounds like Ghostie but I'm not sure. OldRaider would be a Ghostie name for sure. If it is he will slip up. A skunk can't hide his strips for long.
All you have to do is watch the time he arrives and leaves.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#747180 Sep 20, 2012
LOL wrote:
Bank of America (BAC: 9.18,-0.10,-1.13%) is reportedly aiming to axe 16,000 jobs by the end of the year as part of a stepped-up effort to shrink what had been until recently the largest U.S. bank by assets.
If it reaches the job-cut targets, BofA would hit a previously-announced goal to cut 30,000 jobs a year early and give the Charlotte-based bank a workforce of about 260,000 – its lowest since 2008.
... and shutter 200 branches.
Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/industries/2012/09...
Bammy Boy, Bammy Boy, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when the voters come fo' you? LOL
Look ... it's a bird; it's a plane ... it's the economy, stooooopid.
LOL
Guess where most of them that close will be? That's right low income areas.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#747181 Sep 20, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
Holder Still Doesn't Believe He Should Have Been Notified About "Fast And Furious"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UhN2ogIASk4XX&feature=you tu.be
How incompetent can you be to say it is a good thing that you don't know what your employees directly under you is doing?
Perhaps he forgot that he met with his Mexican counterparts in Mexico in 2009 and specifically discussed this plan.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#747182 Sep 20, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
According to a study from the University of Minnesota, Florida will lose $44,395,960,000 in Medicare payments between 2013-2022 due to President Obama’s Medicare Cuts found in the ObamaTaxCare.
Saving 716 billion without cutting benefits.

I know its really difficult for you right wingers but when you save money, less gets paid out.

44billion less in Florida.

716 billion less in the country.

I guess you right wingers are all for the government spending more money.

Obama offered 4 trillion in cuts. If enacted I guess right wingers would b*tch about less spending in their states.

You people actually get dumber every day.

Yep, Seniors will actually get more benefits in Florida while less is paid out.

Imagine that, a right winger complaining about that.
mr owl II

Montgomery, AL

#747183 Sep 20, 2012
Pres Obama the great teacher...

stuff finally coming out.....

"In 1999, only 23 percent of the students said they would repeat Obama's racism class. He was the third-lowest-ranked lecturer at the law school that year. And in 2003, only a third of the student evaluators recommended his classes."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/chapter-ii-the-...
Nobama

United States

#747184 Sep 20, 2012
Homer wrote:
If I were Romney I'd get off the campaign trail now before he can do any more damage, get behind closed doors and practice debating.
It's come down to that and he better smoke Obama not just 'do well' or he's done.
Homer just trying to help.
Homer sounds like the Soviet propagandists that proclaimed the economic wonders of Communism...just keep telling the big lie and assume the peasants will believe.....
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#747185 Sep 20, 2012
still the same wrote:
Well, we shall see if Mitt Romney is wrong about the 47% of Americans who feels they are entitled to government benefits.
Well, Mitt Romney as a member of the 47% and a tax payer paying an average of $40,000 in annual taxes, you bet I am entitled to every benefit this government offer, and I have no sense of shame or regret. I do pay for these benefits, not you nor your rich friends who fleece the treasury and corporation are doing me a favor, it is my money and I am entitled to it.
'Still the same' is a mole.

Tries to play both sides and keeps slipping up and making obvious his affiliation.

Probably re-birth of Indy.
mr owl II

Montgomery, AL

#747186 Sep 20, 2012
Obama the teacher...

"...Twenty-two of 40 faculty members ranked higher than Obama."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/chapter-ii-the-...
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#747188 Sep 20, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Saving 716 billion without cutting benefits.
I know its really difficult for you right wingers but when you save money, less gets paid out.
44billion less in Florida.
716 billion less in the country.
I guess you right wingers are all for the government spending more money.
Obama offered 4 trillion in cuts. If enacted I guess right wingers would b*tch about less spending in their states.
You people actually get dumber every day.
Yep, Seniors will actually get more benefits in Florida while less is paid out.
Imagine that, a right winger complaining about that.
Yea, uh huh, we all know how you can cut 1/3 of your budget and not have changes in your life style?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#747189 Sep 20, 2012
hay dumb butt obama supporters ask ur self why did obama reduce the military spending? ask ur self why has he desided to reduce all nukes in the usa? do u realy have a clue i dont think ur smart enough to see the real truth here . he is going to open the door for all of the jehids and china and russia to come on in and take us over we will have not one dam missele to shoot back when thay attack us . u people better get real . u come to my bunker wanting food and shelter and i ll make shure u wont surive at all . be wise dont vote him in if u plan on suriveing 2016

“Good breeding”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#747194 Sep 20, 2012
Lets see a show of hands for those who think President Obama is doing a good job and has improved the economy and the lives of Americans.

Anyone?
Jane Says

Jamaica, NY

#747195 Sep 20, 2012
still the same wrote:
To see what I am talking about, we all should take a short drive or even a walk in our cities and towns and see the two America’s I am talking about, America that is separate and unequal. Separate and unequal in housing, in public schools, schools, in jobs, in opportunities, certainly in education, more troubling is the two party system that is taking the country to ruins.
Just look at the neighborhoods and see the difference. Just look at the schools and see the bigger difference, just look at the bus lines and see the difference, look at the housings in the suburb and in the rundown downtown and in the old neighborhood.
We are a nation of have and have not. A nation where the 1% think that the 99% are there to serve their interests, with CEO earning more than the entire payroll of the hundreds if not thousands who do the work and are at the production line.
I could never forget the shock of seeing the two America as I rode the train from Chicago to Ft. Polk, Louisiana on my way to basic training. I thought Gary, Indiana was bad but I could never imagined that America of “Payton Place” could be so run down with tin roof shacks doting the landscape in Mississippi and Louisiana. Not much change as I traveled today to South and North Carolina, to Tennessee and Georgia even West Virginian and Florida. Not much change in these small towns and in big cities. In fact they became much worst place to live with no jobs and no factories only hamburger joints, KFC and the ever-present Wall Mart.
Here in the Washington DC, the nation capital, things are changing, with rich developers buying Black owned run down properties and homes replacing them with high end condos selling and renting them to highly paid white kids and chasing these poor Blacks out into the wilderness looking for a place they hardly could afford.
Washington is a city with Black majority does not offer its citizens highly paid jobs with most working in food service industries at a minimum wage and as security guard even if a Black is sitting in the Oval Office. Nothing has changed for the majority of Americans, Blacks, White and Hispanic. The gab between the have and the have not has widened over the years and it is unlikely it will ever become narrower.
This election is very important not only for this nation but for the world. Even though I am very disappointed with Barack Obama as a president, he failed to deliver the CHANGE he promised and he failed to take on a Republican Party and administration that delivered the country in financial and economic ruins and he failed to bring the useless worthless, financially corrupting wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to a quick end. True he did inherit a nation in ruins, but he should and could have with some courage delivered a fatal blow to the Republicans and he failed to do that. I guess he did not have what it takes to take the Republicans on.
to summarize, they are all "VICTIMS." so, let's have a pity party.

but how is it that so many (legal) immigrants can come here maybe not even speaking English, start out with nothing, live in the same poor neighborhoods but build businesses and have their kids excel in the schools that are also located in those poor neighborhoods?

maybe it is because they appreciate and grasp opportunities, work very hard, pay attention to their childrens' education regardless of whether a classroom is fancy. and maybe because their families are intact and they weren't raised to expect the government to give them handouts for generation after generation.

“Good breeding”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#747196 Sep 20, 2012
Anyone?
Nobama

United States

#747197 Sep 20, 2012
still the same wrote:
Just look at the neighborhoods and see the difference. Just look at the schools and see the bigger difference, just look at the bus lines and see the difference, look at the housings in the suburb and in the rundown downtown and in the old neighborhood.
most of those suburban folks maintain their homes themselves, paint when necessary, mow the lawn, pick up the trash, etc.....

try motivating your neighbors in the city to get off their asses, out of the crack houses, and get to work....instead of waiting for the obama money.....

our schools are better than yours even though we spend less on the schools....think about the reasons why.....

P.S.... we don't have or want bus lines, which cause pollution and attract crime....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#747198 Sep 20, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You people get dumber everyday.
If you purchase E15 from a pump that also offers E10, there is likely enough E15 already in the pipe that if you buy E10 after E15 in a small quantity, that E10 is not all E10 but you will end up somewhere between E10 & E15. If you put that in an older engine, you could damage it.
Either stations had to offer the E15 with its own nozzle or install the 4 gal minimum.
You right wingers are sooooooooooo dense & easily duped.
My truck, driving driveway to driveway, with the old real gasoline used 3/4 of a tank to go 375 miles. With the new (crap) gas it takes 1 1/4 tanks for the exact same miles. That is 14 extra gallons at $3.64 to travel the exact same mileage. Talk about a hidden tax. Get rid of ethanol and quit burning our/the world's food supply. People of the future will look back at us and remark just how stupid we were.
mr owl II

Montgomery, AL

#747199 Sep 20, 2012
Obama the Constitutional lawyer....

{"From 1992 until 2004, Obama taught three courses: "Current Issues in Racism and the Law," "Voting Rights and the Democratic Process," and "Equal Protection and Substantive Due Process."}

http://ace.mu.nu/
FundamentalChang e

Alto, NM

#747200 Sep 20, 2012
My name is Barry soetoro Obama, and I am running for president, I would make a great president, here is my resume.....

I am A Great President, after all still I torture people in Gitmo;
and I closed it right after my first election becuase I Promised

I always knew this country was Great, even as far back as when I was A foreign born student in college!

I even reward criminal invaders by giving their kids as old as 30, free 2 years stays in America !

I knew this country was the greatest of all, I told my Marxist KGB buddy Frank that this was the place!

My Wife does not give head as good as a homosexual, but thats OK

I am so Great, I promise to put fundamental change in your pocket

Vote Obama 2012 I promise I will end the war in Afghanistan, again

and I will close GITMO a second time

and even though I now have the ability to arrest and detain Americans indefinitely with out any charges, I promise I wont do that either!

VOTE OBAMA 2012

you will have a great 2016 if you do (I Promise)
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#747201 Sep 20, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps he forgot that he met with his Mexican counterparts in Mexico in 2009 and specifically discussed this plan.
That is the problem with the IG they still are part of the DOJ.
Nobama

United States

#747202 Sep 20, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
Topix is having major problems so no one take it personally.
Getting warnings for inappropriate language in my last post where there is obviously none.
the ghetto trash is apparently exempt from this problem......
dem

Chicago, IL

#747203 Sep 20, 2012
olddogs1964 wrote:
hay dumb butt obama supporters ask ur self why did obama reduce the military spending? ask ur self why has he desided to reduce all nukes in the usa? do u realy have a clue i dont think ur smart enough to see the real truth here . he is going to open the door for all of the jehids and china and russia to come on in and take us over we will have not one dam missele to shoot back when thay attack us . u people better get real . u come to my bunker wanting food and shelter and i ll make shure u wont surive at all . be wise dont vote him in if u plan on suriveing 2016
Fk you, illiterate Texas retard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sen. Al Franken accused of inappropriate behavi... 5 min Brad 170
News NYPD cops 'bullied rape victim out of bringing ... 6 min Geezer 4
News Judge permanently blocks Trump sanctuary cities... 11 min Brad 51
News Boeing wins contract for two 747s that will bec... 11 min Geezer 5
News Roy Moore accuser says she was not paid to tell... 27 min Brad 118
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 48 min Aura Mytha 42,609
News 10 African Americans named Rhodes scholars, mos... 49 min Ronald 65
News Many Christian conservatives are backing Alabam... 1 hr Newt G s Next Wife 252
News White House will override Obama's climate plan 3 hr Into The Night 1,239
More from around the web