Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1275357 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

carol

Windermere, FL

#708776 Aug 12, 2012
Vote for Obama wrote:
Yes we can
Of, for heaven's sakes...yes you can WHAT? Destroy the free market and capitalism? Expand bigger government? Bankrupt the country? WHAT?

You sound like a parrot or a myna bird or something. "Yes we can...<squawk>...yes we can...<squawk>...yes we can...<squawk>."

Please....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#708777 Aug 12, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that Paul Ryan was in Congress voting yes yes yes to big government, unfunded programs, record earmarks, and doubling the debt.
You're just bragging on what a good Republican Ryan is.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#708778 Aug 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Though I've repeatedly said this over and over again...sounding like a broken record...casualities of war are inevitable when innocents are caught in the crossfire...any war...any color of innocents...any religion of innocents...but apparently you continually want to hear the same broken record.
What happened in Germany and Japan had nothing to do with innocents getting caught in crossfire.
Now would you please change YOUR broken record?
Yes, you wept for the Germans and told the brown people it was their own fault for getting in the way of our invasion.

I get it, you don't have to keep repeating it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“We doing better...”

Since: Jul 08

we've got to do more

#708780 Aug 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
All I needed to know about Grayson is that he stood up on the senate floor and said "Republicans want you to die!". At that precise moment, I dismissed him as even being relevent - no matter where he came from. He was never "my" congressman.
And I'm quite sure a lot of people never heard about the fire bombings. If you hadn't been forced to read Slaughterhouse Five in high school, I'm betting neither would you.
Truth is truth, not to be totally confused with thruthiness, IOW, Republicans do want you (not the Richy Riches) to die.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“We doing better...”

we've got to do more

#708781 Aug 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Of, for heaven's sakes...yes you can WHAT? Destroy the free market and capitalism? Expand bigger government? Bankrupt the country? WHAT?
You sound like a parrot or a myna bird or something. "Yes we can...<squawk>...yes we can...<squawk>...yes we can...<squawk>."
Please....
Please? As Ryan Eddie Munster Cleaver voted for the unfunded Medicare Part D now wants to scrap the whole safety net? No you can't...no you won't...no, we won't let you...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#708782 Aug 12, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Grampy and Fretard are older than Carol. At least 5 years older. Haven't you been following?? They've all said how old they are.
Carol is not yet Medicare eligible.
Can you believe that at 61, Carol did not know we firebombed German and Japanese cities in WWII??
Or who her Congressman was??
And she offers advice based on her 'common sense'??
Ya can't make this stuff up!!!
I've given her ample opportunity to shed a tear for the thousands of innocents killed in our "war" on terror but her bigotry runs so deep it won't allow her to do it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Windermere, FL

#708783 Aug 12, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>From your lips to God's ear...he should have been in prison for war crimes five years ago.
Doesn't concern you that his men might have been dead if he had been the good little progressive liberal and followed the political correctness protocol though, does it?

He shot a bullet over a terrorist's head in an effort to keep his men alive.

He should be in prison? Are you kidding me?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Shavon

Orange Park, FL

#708784 Aug 12, 2012
I have friends that are homeless, living in cars and cheap motels.

What has Obama done for the homeless. I didn't know peopl that were homeless until Obama became president. I mean, these are real people, not bums or somrthing.

Under Obamathings are worse then ever.
carol

Windermere, FL

#708785 Aug 12, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Ryan's plan for Carol? http://youtu.be/UnnaeOHXFyI
It's not the "Ryan Plan" anymore. It's the "Wyden-Ryan Plan" now...a bipartisan plan.

You're on the wrong page. Everyone else is now ahead of you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#708786 Aug 12, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Which Obama signed. Really, this is desperation on your part. And Ryan didn't vote for ALL the dems big spending ideas -ACA, Cash for Clunkers, etc.
He's obviously referring to the years Ryan spent in Congress with Bush at the helm and the GOP in charge of both houses. Remember, the ones who set the stage for the return to massive deficits, entitlement expansion, new government agencies and so on ...

All the crap your Party "says" they're against.

Ringing any bells yet?

Why in the 90's was a balanced budget reached in 4 years as opposed to Ryan's 40 years?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Windermere, FL

#708787 Aug 12, 2012
loulee rat mouth fl wrote:
<quoted text> Romney pays taxes, you fool. And Ryan has a plan to save us from the future bankruptcy Obama is leaving as part of his legacy. Sober up!
Ryan and a democrat who is a senior citizens advocate, Wyden.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“We doing better...”

we've got to do more

#708788 Aug 12, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
yet you were oddly quiet while the baggers talked about Obama death panels.
Hmmmmmmm
All those Type 2 diabetics just love them some Ryan/R'Money eff the pre-existing conditions guys. Richie Rich says, "Don't get sick, but if you do, die quickly." "The Republicans latest claim is that Obama's medical plan took $700 billion from Medicare (from reduced payments to hospitals, discounts on prescription drugs and cuts to private insurers under Medicare Advantage). They conveniently leave out the FACT that that $700 billion is a mere pittance when compared to the Romney/Ryan cut. What a joke!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#708789 Aug 12, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting how willing you are to throw your children and grandchildren under the bus, Gramps.
What will you say when your son jacks you up and asks 'why did you allow them to take our Medicare away??'
And Grampy will weep with guilt.
He won't weep, he'll say "Tough luck, I got mine and YOU paid for it."

Carol has said the same to me, its the entitlement mentality they claim not to have.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“We doing better...”

we've got to do more

#708790 Aug 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the "Ryan Plan" anymore. It's the "Wyden-Ryan Plan" now...a bipartisan plan.
You're on the wrong page. Everyone else is now ahead of you.
It is was it is, and what it always has been...die quickly.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#708791 Aug 12, 2012
glennm69 wrote:
The real Obama plan:
Concentration camps in the United States:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/01/...
He MUST be defeated in 2012.
Romney needs to add this one to the list of laws to repeal after he is elected in November.
Which should eliminate any doubt that Obama really is a Republican at heart.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Clermont, FL

#708792 Aug 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
All I needed to know about Grayson is that he stood up on the senate floor and said "Republicans want you to die!". At that precise moment, I dismissed him as even being relevent - no matter where he came from. He was never "my" congressman.
And I'm quite sure a lot of people never heard about the fire bombings. If you hadn't been forced to read Slaughterhouse Five in high school, I'm betting neither would you.
Grayson did a very good job for your district Carol and with any luck he'll be back in congress next year although representing a newly gerrymandered district. The TeaParty mutt who replaced Grayson, Webster, has done zero for your district.

If I'm understanding you correctly, then Obama has never been your President either?

Your ongoing diatribe re: the atrocities of WWII, demonstrates your lack of curiosity and poor memory. There have been dozens of documentaries and too many books on those subjects to mention.

Tenzing (demos) and I have both discussed our visits to the Hiroshima war museums right here on this thread __are you one of those persons who doesn't care about what others have to say but only what you have to say?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Shavon

Orange Park, FL

#708793 Aug 12, 2012
Mr. Obama

I'm unemployed.How do i apply to get a "green job" ? Where are the "green jobs" ?

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#708794 Aug 12, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
At least he's not a Catholic Priest, trying to get into boys pants.
"jimmy"
Whether you post as "jimmy" or as "poop" you still post stoopidly. It is your nature.
Peace
KMA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#708795 Aug 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I told Lily, it's the part of the war no one wants to talk about.
We came very close to being accused of committing war crimes.
"Was this last mass killing necessary? We rarely hear about it at all, perhaps because it throws into question the entire morality of U.S. strategic bombing in the Pacific War."
http://blog.independent.org/2012/08/06/terror...
The documentary series, War, left nothing out - quite graphically I might add - even the part no one wants to talk about.
Not too surprising a lot of people didn't know about it.
There you go again, assuming Fox "News" is everybody.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“We doing better...”

we've got to do more

#708796 Aug 12, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't concern you that his men might have been dead if he had been the good little progressive liberal and followed the political correctness protocol though, does it?
He shot a bullet over a terrorist's head in an effort to keep his men alive.
He should be in prison? Are you kidding me?
He should be in prison. The CIVILIAN was not a terrorist. The fact that you and West don't respect the difference says maybe you both should be charged with hate crimes...oh, sob, sob, for those poor innocent white Dresden residents...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 min Agents of Corruption 12,550
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 5 min VorenusI 340,799
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min Blitzking 173,442
News Trump: 'I have to do right thing' 9 min My name is Nobody 222
News Jindal: Louisiana stronger since Katrina 12 min Sterkfontein Swar... 9
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min Jay 193,606
News Kentucky clerk defies order, refuses to issue s... 21 min My name is Nobody 286
News Cheneys liken Iran nuclear deal to Munich pact 49 min Ditat Deus 33
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Agents of Corruption 196,959
News Donald Trump: Jorge Ramos 'like a madman' 2 hr Donut Manic 157
More from around the web