Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1276842 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

New Bloomfield, PA

#706876 Aug 10, 2012
On my way to the bank, I tuned into the right wing's number two information source, Glenn Beck. Glenn wasn't on but his replacement was for ending all entitlements.

If you receive an entitlement, its a hand out.

Great right wing thinking.

Did the dumbass even know what entitlements are? Doubtful.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#706877 Aug 10, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
This one is one of my faves:
In a long-forgotten tape from the 2002 Massachusetts governor’s race obtained by ABC News, Mitt Romney is seen touting his Washington connections and his ability to get millions of taxpayer dollars from the federal government.
“I am big believer in getting money where the money is,” Romney says on the video,“The money is in Washington.”
The video, which was surreptitiously shot by Democratic opponents of Romney on Oct. 16, 2002, shows him addressing a group called the New Bedford Industrial Foundation. The Power Point presentation he uses lists ways to improve economic development in Massachusetts, including “boost federal involvement.”
“I want to go after every grant, every project, every department in Washington to assure that we are taking advantage of economic development opportunities,” Romney tells the group.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/03/...
In other words, he was doing his job as governor.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#706878 Aug 10, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer doesn't click on links to known domestic terrorism websites.
LOL! Did I tell you that I finally hired a beekeeper to deal with the growing bee population underneath the shed. There were about a million of them and at least 15 huge combs! Quite an interesting business, he makes $1000 a barrel of honey!
SHOOT_YOURSELF

Alto, NM

#706879 Aug 10, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>Detzing is definition of Sell Out: Detzing who betrays a cause, to protect his ass for his own personal advancement and selfish gain..
-
With a dash of racism, a pinch of bigotry and a gallon of stupid....
-
Detzing IS Far More Likely To Unfriend Opposing Views...
-
And... there are more hate crimes against Jews in America per capita than there are Muslims. The fact that Detzing thinks attacking Jews, whites and Mormons is now magically not racism and bigotry explains some of his unconscious4life unfriended confusion...
-
The Fruit of Islam... Or... The Fruit of Loon... Detzing??
-
It's the culture..
You are right DEM/Tenzing/detzing/cway/nucul uroption/the guy from "switzerland/sonicfilter, or whatever screen name he uses is one of THE BIGGEST DEMORAT ASS CLOWNS on TOPIX

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#706880 Aug 10, 2012
<quoted text>
Dear Mitt,
Please follow the advice of Anne Coulter and fire Andrea Saul, and replace her with Coulter!!
Love,
Seamus
Ann Coulter on the Romney campaign..........

“There is no point to us going to a convention and pushing for this man if he is employing morons like this.”
dem

Chicago, IL

#706881 Aug 10, 2012
Not Obama wrote:
Birth certificate?
just concern yourself with growing a dk and brain
dem

Chicago, IL

#706882 Aug 10, 2012
SHOOT_YOURSELF wrote:
<quoted text>You are right DEM/Tenzing/detzing/cway/nucul uroption/the guy from "switzerland/sonicfilter, or whatever screen name he uses is one of THE BIGGEST DEMORAT ASS CLOWNS on TOPIX
nostrilfuckface for sure
mr owl II

Oklahoma City, OK

#706883 Aug 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it.
If you lived a row home & the guy next door was an idiot that grilled hamburgers on his front porch & caught his house on fire, you would say, "What a dumbass" & not help put it out. The end result would be your home burning down.
The bailouts were to save this country's financial system & prevent a depression.
This was not rewarding anyone. It about saving our country.
Why did you ramp up the language?
What did I say that prompted that?

You, like most un-educated folks, talk to me like you know me...
In public speaking rule 1 is know your audience...

How do you know that I have not been the victim of say "Katrina" or some other disaster? So the burning house scenario you chose to present shows poor judgement on your part.

Would you help me dave, if my row house was on fire dave?

You don't sound very compassionate...
you sound envious and angry...

I know alot about natural disasters dave...
dem

Chicago, IL

#706884 Aug 10, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>In other words, he was doing his job as governor.
another tea bagger auditioning for romneys head dk pleaser.
dem

Chicago, IL

#706885 Aug 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
On my way to the bank, I tuned into the right wing's number two information source, Glenn Beck. Glenn wasn't on but his replacement was for ending all entitlements.

Somewhere

Gunner is sweating.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#706886 Aug 10, 2012
SHOOT_YOURSELF wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right DEM/Tenzing/detzing/cway/nucul uroption/the guy from "switzerland/sonicfilter, or whatever screen name he uses is one of THE BIGGEST DEMORAT ASS CLOWNS on TOPIX
Oh, hi, it's you again. Tell us which physics books you read when you were five.
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#706887 Aug 10, 2012
Well, I'll be ... LOL! Nice Pull!

Think of the implications of THAT phrase ...

And it all fits. After all, he was just TEMPORARY.

And it was "their" Armory.

O Gawd, now they'll really lose their minds, Fetch A'Mightie!!
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>armory pet
Florida

Lithia, FL

#706888 Aug 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
Evidently to Baba Yaga, if I go onto Mitt Romney's site & watch one of his videos & then use my own money to make an ad based on the video, it means the Romney campaign made that ad.
I like this advanced far right thinking.
Perhaps next time you think of cultural malware or idiot4life, don't forget to count yourself in RealDave...
-
It's the culture...
dem

Chicago, IL

#706889 Aug 10, 2012
<quoted text>Which crazy on here called Bill Ayers a white supremacist?
might be easier if we lost the ones that didn't.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#706890 Aug 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I debunk your post yet again.
Joe never said any of those things.
If Joe still had his job, he could have added his wife to his policy.
In fact, Joe never said any of the things you claim were lies.
And furthermore, how exactly does this ad make me a liar?
This ad shows how Mitt Romneys changed people lives to the worse while making millions & not caring what happened to them.
Without Romnewy, this guy would have likely kept is better paying job, been able to add his wife to his policy, had money enough that his wife could have gone to the doctor earlier & who knows that outcome.
But hey, keep defending the man that sent thousands of people from secure employment down the path to despair while pocketing millions. Great for Mitt & his business, not so great for those left in the wake.
That is obviously your kind of guy - not giving a sh*t who he tramples to grab fists full of dollars.
You are one serious drama queen that bases alot of what you believe on "what ifs"
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#706891 Aug 10, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, he was doing his job as governor.
In other words, he is a liar and a hypocrite. And you are still the dumbest dolt on here.
You're so dumb, that you don't even realize you're dumb.
dem

Chicago, IL

#706892 Aug 10, 2012
Lost=list
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#706893 Aug 10, 2012
And let's take a look at the record specifically of Bain Capital, which Romney owned from 1992 to 2001.

• 1988: Bain put $10 million down to buy Stage Stores, and in the mid-'90s took it public, collecting $184 million from stock offerings. Stage filed for bankruptcy in 2000.
• 1992: Bain bought American Pad & Paper, investing $5 million, and collected $107 million from dividends. The business filed for bankruptcy in 2000.
• 1993: Bain invested $25 million when buying GS Industries, and received $58 million from dividends. GS filed for bankruptcy in 2001.
• 1994: Bain put $27 million down to buy medical equipment maker Dade Behring. Dade borrowed $230 million to buy some of its shares. Dade went bankrupt in 2002.
• 1997: Bain invested $41 million when buying Details, and collected at least $70 million from stock offerings. The company filed for bankruptcy in 2003.

Romney owned 100 percent of Bain Capital making him involved in all these deals, which represented more than 20 percent of the money Bain made from its investment funds between 1987 and 1995. Bain’s focus during all this time was leveraged buyouts, and it had not made venture investments since its earliest days.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/na...

Since: May 11

New Bloomfield, PA

#706894 Aug 10, 2012
Under the last Republican President this country lost 27% of our manufacturing jobs.

Since Obama ended the decline, we have gained 5% back.

Can we afford another Republican in the White House?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#706895 Aug 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
I am big believer in getting money where the money is,” Romney says on the video,“The money is in Washington.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suspect in Houston-area shooting of deputy appe... 3 min Walkin Boss 4
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min Sharrp Shooter 341,091
News 4 GOP candidates sign anti-gay marriage pledge 4 min Just Think 307
News Obama Alaska trip aims for 'punctuation mark' o... 4 min Sneaky Pete 17
News Our view: Erie needs to reverse overweight trend 6 min Mrs Jive Turkey 6
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min HILLARY 2016 193,914
News Christie says he might 'go nuclear' at next GOP... 6 min swedenforever 8
News White House says Mount McKinley to be renamed D... 8 min Denny CranesPlace 80
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 9 min Lawrence Wolf 319
News GOP establishment plans Trump takedown 30 min positronium 101
More from around the web