Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1405041 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#707008 Aug 10, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone please put this woman in an ad:
I didn’t have a clue what Bain was before this happened,” said Cheryl Randecker, 52.“Now when I hear Romney speak it makes me sick to my stomach.”
funny...the tards have a book coming out that suggests caroline kennedy said the exact same thing about obama...

you know, the caroline kennedy that both admires and campaigns for obama...that one

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#707009 Aug 10, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
We could have what we have now AND be at war with Iran, China, and/or Russia.
Bingo.
dem

United States

#707010 Aug 10, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>My take: tough shit. Now what?

I guess you're a union suckass, right? You have destroyed American industry with your greed. You have made American schools a mediocrity. You have caused higher prices for manufactured junk all across the board. You have made America non-competitive in the world market. Shall I continue?

America as we know it deserves to fail.

Now what?
time to go fk yourself imbecile.
Realtime

Cocoa Beach, FL

#707011 Aug 10, 2012
diogenes wrote:
<quoted text>
"You will find that looking for intelligence on a blog while using the name of a Fox cartoon character ensures that anything remotely intelligent will stay as far away from you as possible"
Diogenes
That screen name "diogenes" has forever been used by a right wing loon whose true IP location always reflected Central Florida__ Orlando, Melbourne. Palm Bay etc. Oklahoma, would require TOR or a similar program.

You will find too that some folks have 20/20 memories__mutt.
LOL

Stroudsburg, PA

#707012 Aug 10, 2012
Put these people in ads:
Turner too finds it hard to hear Romney talk of creating jobs when the post she has worked at for four decades – and which paid for three children to go to college – has just been sent overseas by a firm majority-controlled by Bain.“When Romney talks about creating jobs, it is just a big fairy tale,” she said.
There is little chance of a happy ending for Freeport. The workers collect petitions and hold demonstrations. But they know they are likely doomed.“We are not stupid. We know we are unlikely to save our jobs. But if we get the next company that tries it to think twice, then maybe we save our neighbour’s job. Or our children’s,” said Tom Gaulrapp.
Meanwhile, bit by bit, the machines inside the Freeport plant are being packed up, beginning their long journey to China. By the end of the year it will be over.“It is kind of like part of your family being shipped out – I worked with that stuff for years. Now there’s nothing left but a discoloration on the floor where the equipment used to sit,” Gaulrapp said.
Thanks a lot Mitt, gfy.
Ah yes, the story of American industry ... ask the union guy and the tax collectors why.
loulee rat mouth fl

Stratford, CT

#707013 Aug 10, 2012
<quoted text>
You're a perfect example of someone who should have been aborted.
You really are, lily.
Florida

Tampa, FL

#707014 Aug 10, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The outcome of this election means nothing to me. So, I kinda want Romney to win so I can spend the next four years rubbing yours and your friends' noses in it.
Then... Put-up or shut-up Detzing... Vote for the bastard...
-
It's the culture...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#707015 Aug 10, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo.
Damnit! I needed one more number!
loulee rat mouth fl

Stratford, CT

#707016 Aug 10, 2012
A city councilman in Sterling Heights, Michigan says he was questioned by the U.S. Secret Service after video emerged of him at a tea party rally holding signs that depicted violence against President Barack Obama, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and former Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm (D).
The Sterling Heights City Council on Wednesday called for the resignation of Councilman Paul Smith after Mayor Pro Tem Michael Taylor discovered a YouTube video of him at a 2009 tea party rally holding signs that showed Obama’s head on a spike, Pelosi’s head riddled with bullet holes and Granholm’s head in noose. The resolution was passed 6-1, with Smith being the only “no” vote, according to The Detroit News.
In the video, Smith says the signs are to “show our governor, our president, Speaker of the House what we really think of them.”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/08/10/michiga...
rawstory.com ... Bwhahahahahahaha...
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

#707017 Aug 10, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
My take: tough shit. Now what?
I guess you're a union suckass, right? You have destroyed American industry with your greed. You have made American schools a mediocrity. You have caused higher prices for manufactured junk all across the board. You have made America non-competitive in the world market. Shall I continue?
America as we know it deserves to fail.
Now what?
What nonsense!! Germany is 80% union, their economy puts ours to shame, their workers make more and get more benefits and time off. Yet they've outperformed the USA for decades. Seen all the VW's, Audi's, Beemers, and Benz's on the road?? All made by high paid German union workers. Germany is the high cost producer of the world, yet their products are in great demand. Germany has a shortage of skilled labor!! DUH

Kinda puts all your stupidity in perspective, doesn't it??

A well placed bullet can end your misery. Try it!!
loulee rat mouth fl

Stratford, CT

#707018 Aug 10, 2012
<quoted text>
Sen. Scott Brown (R-MA) on Friday accused the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of favoring his Democratic rival, Elizabeth Warren, because they complied with a 1993 bipartisan federal law that requires states to provide voter registrations to people seeking public assistance like welfare
Oh boo effing hoo Scott; complying with a federal law is a problem with you?
LOL
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/08/10/scott-b...
More rawstory.com ... Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha...
LOL

Stroudsburg, PA

#707019 Aug 10, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>from your own source and more to the point:
It’s fair to argue that Romney bears some responsibility for the plant’s closing — Bain Capital bought it and loaded it with debt while he was in charge of Bain.
... much like what da Bammy has done to America, right? Debt: 15 trillion and climbing. LOL Burn, baby, burn.
loulee rat mouth fl

Stratford, CT

#707020 Aug 10, 2012
<quoted text>
Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus on Friday refused to explain why presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney would not release his tax returns, calling the request a “distraction” that was bad as so-called “birthers” who believe that President Barack Obama is not a U.S. citizen.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/08/10/rnc-cha...
Even additional rawstory.com ... Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha...
Florida

Tampa, FL

#707021 Aug 10, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL... More content aggregate, Parrot feed from an unconscious ghetto queer...
-
keyedup Post#563235:- SEE WE NEED MORE ABORTIONS
-
It's the culture...
LOL

Stroudsburg, PA

#707022 Aug 10, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know you toilet rim lickers had a union. LOL

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#707023 Aug 10, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>from your own source and more to the point:
It’s fair to argue that Romney bears some responsibility for the plant’s closing — Bain Capital bought it and loaded it with debt while he was in charge of Bain.
And your source is?
The fact is that the plant was going to close and Bain bought it out, tried to save it, but with the influx of cheap foreign steel flooding into the country, they could not keep throwing money away.
Romney wasn't even with Bain when bain bought the plant.
I'll wait for that source of yours that proves otherwise.
loulee rat mouth fl

Stratford, CT

#707024 Aug 10, 2012
<quoted text>
The shock of losing a precious job in a town afflicted by high unemployment is always hard. A foundation for a stable family life and secure home instantly disappears, replaced with a future filled with fears over health insurance, missed mortgage payments and the potential for a slip below the breadline.
But for Bonnie Borman – and 170 other men and women in Freeport,Illinois – there is a brutal twist to the torture. Borman, 52, and the other workers of a soon-to-be-shuttered car parts plant are personally training the Chinese workers who will replace them.
It’s a surreal experience, they say. For months they have watched their plant being dismantled and shipped to China, piece by piece, as they show teams of Chinese workers how to do the jobs they have dedicated their lives to.
It’s not easy to get up in the morning, training them to do your job so that you can be made unemployed,” said Borman, pictured, a mother of three who has worked for 23 years at the Sensata auto sensors plant.
Borman knows her eventual fate in the stricken economy that surrounds Freeport.“I am going to be competing for minimum wage jobs with my own daughter,” she said.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/08/10/bain-ca...
Why don't you just email the entire comic book?

“Stuffs gettin better ”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#707025 Aug 10, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>RealDave: Winston tastes good like a cigarette should..
-
It's the culture...
He smokes KOOL
oshmakooshi

Jakarta, Indonesia

#707026 Aug 10, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>funny...the tards have a book coming out
huh-huh he said tards!
loulee rat mouth fl

Stratford, CT

#707027 Aug 10, 2012
<quoted text>
What is wrong with these people?
They voted for Obama in 2008.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Democratic National Convention Takeaways: Obama... 2 min Cordwainer Trout 1
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Quirky 391,441
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Cornelius Scudmister 233,371
News Madeleine Albright on Donald Trump: 'He has und... 8 min Cordwainer Trout 10
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Dr Guru 219,609
News Illegal Immigration Figures in Montana (Sep '15) 17 min nailmopork 25
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 23 min replaytime 201,480
News Trump bounces into the lead 3 hr The pros and cons 223
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 4 hr Trumping On 300
News Despite her many roles, Hillary Clinton still h... 5 hr Trumping On 306
More from around the web