Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263790 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

And so it goes

Gering, NE

#668892 Jun 24, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Got news for you, "Skippy".
Recessions don't stop when someone new takes office.
Get a grip.
There you go again, Skippy. The Obama administration does not include the job losses accrued during the whole year of 2009 in the job created claims and somehow this dishonesty is the fault of the previous administration?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#668893 Jun 24, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>You just just blame the last lifeguard... Got it...sonicmoron...
-
It's the srllout culture...
I copied that one. Just in case Romney wins and you all start whining about how Obama screwed the corporate shill.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#668894 Jun 24, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
No generalizations in my post whatsoever.
From January, 1981 to January, 2009, the national debt went up from .9 trillion to 11.4 trillion. An increase of 10.5 trillion.
Where's the generalization?
During that period, we had one Democratic president, Clinton, who contributed only 1.6 trillion to that 10.5 trillion expansion.
Where's the generalization?
Yes, Congress controls the pursestrings. And Republicans have had their share of control over Congress.
So please. No obfuscating of the hard facts.
The era of big spending came in with Reagan and his GOP successors.
Keep up with the wH spin. According to Obama he is dealing with the economical failures of 30 years. Poor Clinton apparently was a failure too.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
cway

United States

#668895 Jun 24, 2012
Nia_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What heck are you smokin??
You must be on the same psychotropic drugs that "LOL" & "And so it goes" have overdosed on.
Idiots!!!!!!!!
I think we can add Florida to the list.

:)
Florida

Lithia, FL

#668896 Jun 24, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Total dumbass.
But at least I'm not a faux-conservative trying to convince others that real conservatives are actually liberals.
Talk about not so smart.
It's the culture...
-
Still clueless and wandering lame in the desert of stupidity and idiot...
-
You need to move to a new hillbilly trailer park sonicmoron...
-
That's your culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#668897 Jun 24, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Total dumbass.
But at least I'm not a faux-conservative trying to convince others that real conservatives are actually liberals.
Talk about not so smart.
No, you're a far left liberal trying to convince others you are actually a moderate liberal.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#668898 Jun 24, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Drowning? Not any longer. Bush is gone baby!
The boys at TAC also seem quite happy with Bush helping Obama get elected. The original 'anyone but' sure did a good job of it. Didn't have anything to do with all of that neo-conservatism did it?
Yep, you are still drowning in your self imposed ideologue kool-aid. Who is president really doesn't change the fact.

Notice how you avoided addressing my questions about your new found favorite website of neoconservative phobics -unchallenged my claim remains- and your love of it shows you buy into the ideology.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Roger Edgar

AOL

#668899 Jun 24, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. I began the finger-pointing, making the case with history on my side, that Republicans are far worse when it comes to interference in the affairs of other nations.
Congratulations on catching me in my finger-pointing.
Let's take a look at who Democrats overthrow.
Dictators like Gadhafi and Mubarek. The military junta which drove out democratically elected Jean Aristide.
Compare this to the manner in which your side overthrows democracy and replaces it with military dictatorships. Examples:
1. Iran 1953
2. Guatamala 1954
3. Chile 1973
You Republicans can spout from now until doomsday how much you "love democracy". But your actions speak otherwise.
This is no surprise. Most Democrats who still support Obama want to see America diminished at home and abroad. There just couldn't be any other explanation for contiuning to support him now.
cway

United States

#668900 Jun 24, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again, Skippy. The Obama administration does not include the job losses accrued during the whole year of 2009 in the job created claims and somehow this dishonesty is the fault of the previous administration?
Uhh, Skippy.

Recessions last for years. Got it?

This particular recession was in full swing before Obama took office.

500,000 jobs lost per month during Bush's final 3 months in office.

What part of this do you fail to understand?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#668901 Jun 24, 2012
What A Big Government Conservative Looks Like

"Suddenly we’re all forgetting what a big government conservatism is. The term was coined by Fred Barnes in defense of George W. Bush’s “compassionate conservative” agenda. Bush intended to use domestic social welfare policy for conservative ends. In the process, he expanded the welfare state to do so through No Child Left Behind, the prescription drug benefit, etc....."

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2012/01/06/what...

Oh, my bad. According to Topix historians that's not how it happened.

I'll try to stay away from truthful right wing assessments of the Reign Of Bush. It must be highly disconcerting to see FOXbot fantasies blown up by one of your own.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
cway

United States

#668902 Jun 24, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep up with the wH spin. According to Obama he is dealing with the economical failures of 30 years. Poor Clinton apparently was a failure too.
Regardless of anything Obama may say, this is a Bush Recession. 500,000 jobs lost per month in the final three months of his second term.

Or are you making the case that the day before Obama took the oath of office, the economy was healthy and vibrant?

You can't be this stupid.

Since: Feb 11

Reality

#668903 Jun 24, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>I think we can add Florida to the list.

:)
yes Florida and that fossil, "nobama"

lol
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#668904 Jun 24, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Total dumbass.
Talk about not so smart.
LOL, so sontificator is a total dumbass who claims only he KNOWS who is real conservatives and who are faux.

Okay, I say Joe Scarbough is a true Liberal and I will not allow you-a faux Liberal- to convince others he is not.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#668905 Jun 24, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
I recall how Republicans accused Clinton of allowing Bin Laden to slip from his fingers.
Was that a "broad generalization", too?
I am waiting for the movie. A lone figure crawling across the sand inching closer and closer to the compound with a knife in his teeth. Yes, it is the so call leader of the free world himself coming to kill bin Laden

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
cway

United States

#668906 Jun 24, 2012
Roger Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
This is no surprise. Most Democrats who still support Obama want to see America diminished at home and abroad. There just couldn't be any other explanation for contiuning to support him now.
By "diminished", no more wars-by-lies for Haliburton profit.

No more CIA overthrows of democracy and replacing them with dictatorships.

That's a good thing.

And an excellent reason to keep Obama in, and the GOP out.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
cway

United States

#668907 Jun 24, 2012
Nia_ wrote:
<quoted text>
yes Florida and that fossil, "nobama"
lol
There's also Fred, Easyeed, Gunner, DBwriter, Eman, Tourneforte, etc.

Eman used to be normal, but the GOP dark side got him.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#668908 Jun 24, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of anything Obama may say, this is a Bush Recession. 500,000 jobs lost per month in the final three months of his second term.
Or are you making the case that the day before Obama took the oath of office, the economy was healthy and vibrant?
You can't be this stupid.
You can't be sooo stupid to claim the stimulus bill and many of the other efforts by Obama actually played a huge part in a very sluggish and now stagnating recovery? If that is what you are bragging about -your problem; not mine.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#668909 Jun 24, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
By "diminished", no more wars-by-lies for Haliburton profit.
No more CIA overthrows of democracy and replacing them with dictatorships.
That's a good thing.
And an excellent reason to keep Obama in, and the GOP out.
You have fallen off the cliff, now you sound like a full fledged troll. Congrats

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nobama

Bethlehem, PA

#668910 Jun 24, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
the Obama pukes also attribute Porkulus and 2009 supplemental spending to Bush, not Obama....

then, using this inflated base, claim they haven't had huge spending increase...

liars, cheats, and thieves...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Florida

Lithia, FL

#668911 Jun 24, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhh, Skippy.
Recessions last for years. Got it?
This particular recession was in full swing before Obama took office.
500,000 jobs lost per month during Bush's final 3 months in office.
What part of this do you fail to understand?
You too serve as a constant, gracious, joyfully reminder as to the extreme difficulty your sellout obama has in getting re-elected... you idiot...
-
Majority leaders crooks and liars Pelosi and Reid were the chief cooks in the kitchens of Congress you idiot when W left office..
-
The crooks and liars Pelosi and Reid cooked up and produced nothing but poison for America when W was in office, something even you and obama still can't recover still this day you moron...
-
AND... Still you are clueless and wandering lame in the desert of unconscious stupidity and idiot... you fool..
-
Trust me .. It's your culture...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Disgruntled GOP voters provide the Trump bump 3 min Your Ex 92
News End of Boy Scouts' ban on gays prompts elation ... 3 min MORMON HUMAN RIGH... 81
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 min Shizle 10,771
News Bush calls courtship of minority voters integra... 8 min Lawrence Wolf 36
News Planned Parenthood seeks fed study of fetal tis... 9 min Responsibility 68
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 10 min NTR1 336,639
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min voter 190,074
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Coffee Party 194,519
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr messianic114 171,787
News Donald Trump blasts John McCain over 'crazies' ... 1 hr LeDuped 646
More from around the web