Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1433608 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere, Tennessee

#650995 May 26, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
The Kenyan is going to regret the cheap shot on President Romney's high school days.
America demands the lizard take a drug test.
Revealed: Obama Thanked Drug Dealer, not Mother, in High School Yearbook
Friday, May 25, 2012
Pundit Press ^| 5/25/12 | Aurelius
It has been well known for years that President Obama was an avid user of cocaine and marijuana in both his high school and college years. However, the rabbit hole appears to be much deeper than previously thought. Over the last few days, Mr. Obama's "rules" for taking drugs has been widely publicized. The fact that President Obama took so many drugs that he needed specific guidelines should speak for itself. Additionally, and possibly most shocking, we have learned that in his high school year book, Mr. Obama thanked his drug dealer by name
LOL !!
carol

Orlando, FL

#650996 May 26, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was briefly disrupted. Yes, we had a relatively mild recession. In '08 we experienced the worst global financial crisis of our lifetimes. So:
Why do you give Bush a pass for going from a budget surplus on a debt elimination trajectory to DOUBLING the debt but think Obama adding 40% to it is a communist coup leading to the ultimate destruction of America?
Who's blindly one sided?
Who votes for these criminals?
It's actually quite simple.

Obama has ties to communist sympathizers. Anita Dunn and Van Jones being the two most obvious. But I wouldn't call George Soros, Bill Ayers or Valerie Jarrett American patriots either.

Secondly, Obama despises capitalism. There aren't too many other systems left to choose from.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#650997 May 26, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you complicate this for me?
Government can't control its own spending but wants to take more taxpayer money.
Congress can't pass a budget in two years and kicks that can down the road to blame the other side.
Too many people out of work and Obamacare scaring the phooey out of those who would otherwise be hiring.
That is a gross oversimplification but I don't see any reason to complicate it. Your problem is that you think Republicans are going to fix it when they're just as guilty of breaking it. That's foolish.

Your last sentence which is just partisan propaganda and a reflection of how mired in the party's propaganda you are.

Somewhere, Tennessee

#650998 May 26, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the "fred, carol and Chicagoan by Birth" thread now?
That's the beauty of being gone for a while - I get to hog the posts catching up.
But are we just early risers and everyone else late sleepers or did someone say something yesterday that ran everyone off after I left?
It's kind of creepy...like coming back to a Twilight Zone thread.
And who keeps writing a bunch of posts that are being "deleted"???

Can people not post without being vulgar & obscene? I realize that's a true characteristic of a LIBERAL, but geeze !

LOL

Somewhere, Tennessee

#650999 May 26, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I did know that.
Ha!

You just THINK you know a lot.

I've got your number, Tenzing.
carol

Orlando, FL

#651000 May 26, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
It took us 235 years to get here, won't be fixed overnight. However, the fixing needs to start because your Demopublican party just continues to make it worse.
Here's how you start fixing it:
http://www.lp.org/platform
Well, you lost me on the second paragraph.

"We believe that respect for individual rights is the essential precondition for a free and prosperous world, that force and fraud must be banished from human relationships, and that only through freedom can peace and prosperity be realized."

Since when is big government, presidential mandates and taking other people's money by force respecting individual rights and freedom?

And if this is really where you stand, how come you've never EVER criticized Obama for all of the above?
sonicfilter

Alexandria, IN

#651001 May 26, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
The kenyan lizard is going to have to answer for his days as a doper as well as being a dope.
Happy Memorial Day! The lizard is taking the weekend off.
Answer??

lol

To whom? Those who aren't going to vote for him anyway?

lol

Who do you think the pot smokers voted for in 2008? The old fart or the black dude?

lol

You wingnuts aren't very smart. Why do you think it's 'coming out' now? You think his personal approval rating will drop? lol

Did ya see where Mitt seems to be against austerity?....Today. Wonder how that will poll?.....Tomorrow.

How can you even poll an issue that Romney has a stated position on...today.
carol

Orlando, FL

#651002 May 26, 2012
Lily Boca Raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my word, did you see who you were posting to ? You won what?
Lighten' up. It's too early.
carol

Orlando, FL

#651003 May 26, 2012
ImRight59 wrote:
<quoted text>
And who keeps writing a bunch of posts that are being "deleted"???
Can people not post without being vulgar & obscene? I realize that's a true characteristic of a LIBERAL, but geeze !
LOL
At least they're being deleted.

Good morning, ImRight59.
sonicfilter

Alexandria, IN

#651004 May 26, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's actually quite simple.
Obama has ties to communist sympathizers. Anita Dunn and Van Jones being the two most obvious. But I wouldn't call George Soros, Bill Ayers or Valerie Jarrett American patriots either.
Secondly, Obama despises capitalism. There aren't too many other systems left to choose from.
Fact as opinion! Opinion as fact!

Though you still have some work to do on your emphatic assertion[foxbot]. I'm still not buying in[foxbot].
loulee rat mouth fl

Stratford, CT

#651005 May 26, 2012
Lily Boca Raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my word, did you see who you were posting to ? You won what?
It's very unattractive for you to be drunk so early in the morning. Please seek help immediately before ObamaSCARE kicks in and you will be left homeless and without adequate healthcare, once again.
loulee rat mouth fl

Stratford, CT

#651006 May 26, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Lighten' up. It's too early.
The inebriated lily finds it difficult to focus in the world of Obamaism.

Somewhere, Tennessee

#651007 May 26, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
The kenyan lizard is going to have to answer for his days as a doper as well as being a dope.
Happy Memorial Day! The lizard is taking the weekend off.
Not surprised about the Kenyan phoney taking the weekend off.....no different than any other day to him.

Remember this on Memorial Day Weekend:

America is home of the FREE, because of the BRAVE.
carol

Orlando, FL

#651008 May 26, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a gross oversimplification but I don't see any reason to complicate it. Your problem is that you think Republicans are going to fix it when they're just as guilty of breaking it. That's foolish.
Your last sentence which is just partisan propaganda and a reflection of how mired in the party's propaganda you are.
Only those who want to complicate what is really quite simple would say something like that.

We only have two electable choices. That's the reality.

Republicans simply deserve another chance to prove they mean to walk the walk and talk the talk now that the landscape has drastically changed and because the vast majority of Americans believe we are going down the wrong path.

You can't be as shallow as Homer (God bless him) and truly believe the Republicans - and only the Republicans - are solely responsible for this nation's entire economic collapse.

It's much more complicated than that. Surely, you more than anyone, can appreciate something as complicated as the causes behind this nation's economic collapse.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#651010 May 26, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Never really cared for the beatles either way. And i really couldn't care less about j.l., but the way these libturds react is priceless.
Kinda pathetic, isn't it.

(aisle 12 year olds, fwee box of phat crayons with an OLD, PSYCHOdelic yellow submarine, yellow submairne Beatles cd!!)

Somewhere, Tennessee

#651011 May 26, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
At least they're being deleted.
Good morning, ImRight59.
Good Morning, Carol !

It's a gorgeous sunny day here .........

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to you!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#651013 May 26, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>

Since when is big government, presidential mandates and taking other people's money by force respecting individual rights and freedom?
It's not.

It is:
CommunisTIC, greedy and dark age psychoTIC.
fred

Bronx, NY

#651014 May 26, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer??
lol
To whom? Those who aren't going to vote for him anyway?
lol
Who do you think the pot smokers voted for in 2008? The old fart or the black dude?
lol
You wingnuts aren't very smart. Why do you think it's 'coming out' now? You think his personal approval rating will drop? lol
Did ya see where Mitt seems to be against austerity?....Today. Wonder how that will poll?.....Tomorrow.
How can you even poll an issue that Romney has a stated position on...today.
The MSM suppressed thew Kenyan's bio in 2008. To many voters, it is news that the Kenyan is a drug addict. duh

Somewhere, Tennessee

#651016 May 26, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact as opinion! Opinion as fact!
Though you still have some work to do on your emphatic assertion[foxbot]. I'm still not buying in[foxbot].
Yeah, it's just our OPINION that the Kenyan phoney has communist ties and friends & "mentors" who are deep into the communist ideology.

That's just our OPINION. Aren't you embarassed to even say that?

P.S. Put the kool-aid down. Why do you keep drinking that stuff, anyway?

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#651018 May 26, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Snarkiness? Moi?
Like the lyrics say in that Animals' song...
I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood.
Probably just comes across that way to liberals such as yourself.
I'm actually as sweet as pie.
Right...wing. Did you ever read "Thinner"? I bet you never saw any irony in Polonius's know thyself speech either?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min HILLARY 2016 244,173
News 5 Words Trump Forgot to Say in First Debate 6 min bottlecap 53
News Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 7 min Defiant1 23,544
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min freebird 395,965
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 8 min onemale 249
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min Hypocrite Hillary 61,520
News Tuesday: Donald Trump to hold rally in Prescott 13 min MAGA2016 1
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 54 min renee 10,538
News Post-debate poll: Clinton takes round one 1 hr deplorable spud 303
More from around the web