Towns, States Rally to Reopen Nationa...

Towns, States Rally to Reopen National Parks

There are 18 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Oct 5, 2013, titled Towns, States Rally to Reopen National Parks. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

The Arizona town of Tusayan, on the southern rim of the Grand Canyon, has 558 residents and 1,000 hotel rooms.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Gary

Bellingham, WA

#1 Oct 5, 2013
Arizona is a Republican state, so I would
think that the citizens of Arizona would be
delighted that the Grand Canyon is shut down.
And any other federal parks.

Smaller government. Less spending.

What's not to like?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#2 Oct 5, 2013
After this the republican Party is done… the GOP jumped off the cliff without a plan and now the American people are pissed… President Obama is just sitting back laughing at the tea-baggers…

Thank you Ted Cruz for pushing the tea-baggers in the House into traffic and then wondering away, LOL!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 07

Palestine, TX

#3 Oct 5, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
After this the republican Party is done… the GOP jumped off the cliff without a plan and now the American people are pissed… President Obama is just sitting back laughing at the tea-baggers…
Thank you Ted Cruz for pushing the tea-baggers in the House into traffic and then wondering away, LOL!
Yo, stupid..........the Department of the Interior is under the Executive Branch of the Government.......your messiah is stopping vets from seeing their memorials and caused park personnel to be furloughed.......

Go by a brain, dumbass.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 07

Palestine, TX

#4 Oct 5, 2013
Gary wrote:
What's not to like?
Not really screwball........they're pissed at oblumber...the national parks are under the executive office domain.....LMAO you lefties are so fkn clueless.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Yogi Bear Jellystone NP

Bohemia, NY

#5 Oct 6, 2013
They're so crowded that nobody goes there anyway.
Hmmm

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Oct 6, 2013
Just another example of why we don't need a huge bloated federal government.
I know that the stinking pile in the White House pretending to be president knows nothing about economics, but the Grand Canyon Park MAKES MONEY.
There are very few federal park employees, most are private business people with contracts, unless you count the obscene number and levels of overpaid management whose primary job is to collect a paycheck.
It would be an easy takeover.
Pay the workers from the gate receipts and fire the feds. Who knows, it could start a trend..
No deficit budget required.
Hmmm

Phoenix, AZ

#7 Oct 6, 2013
Yogi Bear Jellystone NP wrote:
They're so crowded that nobody goes there anyway.
I think you hit "inane" right on the head with that one.
Ralph

Coleman, MI

#8 Oct 6, 2013
obiongo has instructed the forest and park service to make the shut down as painfull as they can for the American people. Sounds like something a spioled little child would do in order to get their way. What a bunch of low life scum.

“Life is Good”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#9 Oct 6, 2013
Gary wrote:
What's not to like?
Shutdown: 83% of Federal Gov't Still Operating... Like the sequester, it only has impact where Obama wants it to have impact.

“Life is Good”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#10 Oct 6, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Fort Hood trial cost government about $5 million, or about one Obama golf outing with Tiger.
fatbacks x

Saint Helens, OR

#11 Oct 6, 2013
Whether your sucking the gov teat,in private business,or on welfare, both parties are all about sodomizing you. Makes no difference since polls are created outa thin air. It's all about what this country set up for, and that is about the market place of farts and air. Some buy and some sell.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#12 Oct 7, 2013
Arizona's Republican leaders, known for picking fights with the federal government, are seething again now that the Grand Canyon is closed because of the budget crisis in Washington.

Gov. Jan Brewer wants the state's signature national park reopened and has offered to pay for it with state money, but her proposal was rejected Thursday by a park official who said that as long as the federal government remains shut down, such a plan isn't an option.

"I appreciate the support and I thanked them for the offer, but it's not an offer we can accept," said park superintendent Dave Uberuaga....

Nationally, at least one other governor also has been turned back in a similar effort. South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard had offered to use state employees to keep Mount Rushmore open.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/ariz-g...
fatbacks x

Saint Helens, OR

#13 Oct 7, 2013
Eminent domain anyone? Well its a start,is'nt it? Just like a one failed lawyer politician at the bottom of the ocean.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#15 Oct 8, 2013
Gary wrote:
What's not to like?
What an idiotic statement!
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#16 Oct 8, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
You are way off base and so wrong. The president don't know what to do, he is used to getting whatever he throws a fit over, he knows nothing about negotiating, a spoiled brat for sure.

Thanks to Cruz, more people have had their own thoughts and positions heard!

That's what's really happening here!
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#17 Oct 8, 2013
Ralph wrote:
obiongo has instructed the forest and park service to make the shut down as painfull as they can for the American people. Sounds like something a spioled little child would do in order to get their way. What a bunch of low life scum.
Yep, he is thowing a hissy fit!!

Purposely making things to be worse and trying to portray it due to shutdown, while it is his own doing. Pathetic
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#18 Oct 8, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Fort Hood trial cost government about $5 million, or about one Obama golf outing with Tiger.
Oh yes, and that dude still get a salary I believe? I think they need to a mental illness check on our president.
Canon

Texarkana, TX

#19 Oct 8, 2013
Mothra wrote:
Arizona's Republican leaders, known for picking fights with the federal government,
AKA standing up for what's right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,263,031
News Planned Parenthood chief apologizes after video 3 min goonsquad 333
News Bush calls courtship of minority voters integra... 3 min xxxrayted 6
News Hillary Clinton on emails: 'The facts are prett... 4 min Le Jimbo 139
News Planned Parenthood seeks fed study of fetal tis... 5 min goonsquad 29
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min dirtclod 171,672
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Le Jimbo 189,982
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min -Dont Panic- 336,459
News House to vote on 'sanctuary cities' bill 9 min goonsquad 212
News Donald Trump blasts John McCain over 'crazies' ... 20 min Le Jimbo 630
More from around the web