Snowden's nightmare comes true

Snowden's nightmare comes true

There are 225 comments on the Politico story from Jul 5, 2013, titled Snowden's nightmare comes true. In it, Politico reports that:

"People will see in the media all these disclosures, they'll know the lengths the government is going to grant themselves powers, unilaterally, to create greater control over American society and global society," he told The Guardian last month after he'd asked it to identify him as its source.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Politico.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1 Jul 5, 2013
He needs to use Lois Lerners defense, because of the SEQUESTER, he deserves IMMUNITY.
This pretty much describes the current king's reign.
Cat74

United States

#3 Jul 5, 2013
Snowden needs to be given immunity. Since when can you not make a public statement about government spying? Snowden didn't create the spying, he told about it. This government is worse then Nixon's, and he resigned for the good of the country. The Republicans had better do whatever must be done to rein in this government when they know what I ordered on my pizza, and cannot find one guy with 4 laptops of high security secrets.

United States

#4 Jul 5, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Snowden needs to be given immunity. Since when can you not make a public statement about government spying? Snowden didn't create the spying, he told about it. This government is worse then Nixon's, and he resigned for the good of the country. The Republicans had better do whatever must be done to rein in this government when they know what I ordered on my pizza, and cannot find one guy with 4 laptops of high security secrets.
The Republicans helped create the NSA mess. Ask Cheney.
Look, they keep saying he is in the transit area but no reporters can find him. The Russians have him, he will be lucky to get out alive.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#5 Jul 5, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Snowden needs to be given immunity. Since when can you not make a public statement about government spying?
Since 1776.

Johnathon Pollard needs a cellmate.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#6 Jul 5, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Republicans supported and defended the policy for over a decade and teabaggers followed suit for the last five years.

Now teabaggers whine.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#7 Jul 5, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
You really are a complete idiot!

1 - he did not make a public statement - he stole NSA secrets, left the country, and blabbed about it from Hong Kong you idiot!

2 - Bush/Cheney CREATED Homeland Security - as well as the Patriot Act!

3 - please, go find something else to do - like drinking anti freeze! And no one gives a shit about your pizza - but I hope they spit in it just the same!

Location hidden

#8 Jul 5, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
3 - please, go find something else to do - like drinking anti freeze! And no one gives a shit about your pizza - but I hope they spit in it just the same!
Dominoes takes food stamps?
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Richmond, IN

#9 Jul 5, 2013
Personally I'm glad he informed the public about the spying. It was wrong when bush did it and it's just as wrong when obama does it. I hope Snowden can find a country that respects the privacy rights of its citizens. This one sure doesn't!

“Leonardo Di Vinci died here”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#10 Jul 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since 1776.
Obama urges Americans to live up to Declaration
President Obama is urging Americans on the Fourth of July to live up to the words of the Declaration of Independence by securing liberty and opportunity for their own children as well as for..

.....Securing Liberty while the Border is left wide open with a revolving door.
Fire the GOP

San Jose, CA

#11 Jul 5, 2013
Thank you Snowden for exposing the NSA for their right-wing conservative spying that we feared would happen under the Patriot Act. You are a true American hero!

“Leonardo Di Vinci died here”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#12 Jul 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since 1776.
Yep, Obama would be perfect and we could make a bust of Obama and Benedict Arnold and put it in the prison entry way.

Location hidden

#13 Jul 5, 2013
Sterkfontein Swartkrans wrote:
I hope Snowden can find a country that respects the privacy rights of its citizens.
It looks like Cuba is his last hope.

Over here in the USA, we have a saying: do the crime, do the time.
fatbacks x

Pinedale, WY

#14 Jul 5, 2013
Hell of a country where you need a spy to tell you what the elected cockroaches are doing to you.
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#15 Jul 5, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republicans helped create the NSA mess. Ask Cheney.
Look, they keep saying he is in the transit area but no reporters can find him. The Russians have him, he will be lucky to get out alive.
The Russians don't intend on doing any harm to Snowden.

It he doesn't come out alive, look to Obama and his out-of-control droning, spying and extra-ordinary renditions.
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#16 Jul 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
'do the crime, do the time.'

Except if you are a big banker or a 'too big to fail' industrialist.

<LOL>
radiofreeamerica

Holiday, FL

#17 Jul 5, 2013
He deserves his nightmare.

Location hidden

#18 Jul 5, 2013
With Snowden out and on the loose, the senate special committee will never have time to Investigate the
BenghaziDECEPTION.

Location hidden

#19 Jul 5, 2013
Fire the GOP wrote:
Thank you Snowden for exposing the NSA for their right-wing conservative spying that we feared would happen under the Patriot Act. You are a true American hero!
The 4th Amendment -'Rit du Warrant' was never to be read.
The judge should be disBarred and lose his 'bar license'.
Cat74

United States

#20 Jul 5, 2013
President Bush spied on our suspected enemies. Obama is so paranoid he spies on everyone. Nixon had to resign for less.
davy

Spring, TX

#21 Jul 5, 2013
National Intelligence Director James Clapper committed perjury. How much time do you think he will do?
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Christie on Trumpa s plan to fire feds faster a... 2 min Ralph from Michigan 43
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Cornelius Scudmister 232,701
News Poll: Trump supporters unfazed by reversal on s... 5 min Mite Be 165
News The Republican Party is dead 6 min Synque 2,212
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Carl 219,195
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min The Donald_ 1,402,904
News RNC Day 3: Cruz booed, Pence nominated 10 min Synque 190
News Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as vice preside... 24 min Nopal 83
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Prince Bush Bin Lyin 390,965
More from around the web