Why 'illegal immigrant' is a slur

Why 'illegal immigrant' is a slur

There are 832 comments on the CNN story from Jul 5, 2012, titled Why 'illegal immigrant' is a slur. In it, CNN reports that:

Editor's note: Charles Garcia, who has served in the administrations of four presidents, of both parties, is the CEO of Garcia Trujillo, a business focused on the Hispanic market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

El Cid

Austin, TX

#185 Jul 14, 2012
Juan wrote:
I won't lbe around for a week, I leave for New Orleans tomorrow on a special assignment for my boss. See ya'll on the 22nd.
Liar liar pants of fire, probably from a faulty electrical Juan wire.
see the light

United States

#186 Jul 14, 2012
Juan wrote:
I won't lbe around for a week, I leave for New Orleans tomorrow on a special assignment for my boss. See ya'll on the 22nd.
You gonna steal some cars or what?
Replace the Disgrace

Wappingers Falls, NY

#188 Jul 14, 2012
I got a great idea. Let me write up a brand new immigration bill to deal with the border burglars.
Trust me. It will be great. The only thing is you will have to pass the bill to see whats in it. Sound familiar?
Tricia

Chicago, IL

#189 Jul 15, 2012
Right On wrote:
<quoted text>Personally I prefer illegal alien border jumping thieves!
Personally I call them illegal alien scumbags/scumhags! and that's the polite stuff.
Gstspkr

Buskirk, NY

#190 Jul 16, 2012
Since Mexico has broken their side of the treaty, we should reinforce the border with 2 divisions plus support. Any cartels get vaporized and job seekers get referred to the border patrol for green card applications.
really

Charlotte, NC

#193 Jul 27, 2012
and we wonder why Democrats are opposed to voter ID's.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#195 Jul 27, 2012
Taco Bell is cheaper than Chick-Filet, and taste better as well.
ima

United States

#196 Jul 27, 2012
Juan wrote:
??? So this explains why (illegal immigrant) is considered a slur?? taco bell, chick-filet? makes alot of sense.

“Land of Entrapment”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#197 Jul 27, 2012
They don't like to be called Mexican either. But yet are so proud of Mexihell. Go Figure.

Since: Feb 09

Downtown LA

#198 Jul 27, 2012
Long live Mexicans viva hard working undocumented workers doing the jobs that fat lazy American will not do...

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#199 Jul 27, 2012
Perhaps leeches is the PC term. OR baby mongers. WHat is PC for living off ones offspring?

Better stay inside LA Joedog or your fantasies may be broken, like your teeth.

They(you) couldn't possibly work so hard, they are way too busy breeding for USD.

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#200 Jul 27, 2012
Oh yeah, Mexico's biggest export is her babies. Gotta love those Familia values. They abondon their kids in Mexihell and by the droves here in this land. They are so wound around their so called family values, they are so racist, yet with their kids, anyone can care for them. Long as it lets them off the hook.

“Land of Entrapment”

Location hidden

#201 Jul 27, 2012
Oh, and don't forgt to call all AMericans gringo and Craker racists as we pick up your peices and support your offsrping and breeding habits. No doubt your Country would do the same for us, eh?

Bite the hands that care for yours in your greed for what will never be yours.

It is obvious you are grand Takers. Makers and givers, not so much. ALl about how many uncared for kids you can make to dump on all other races. You are known across the Globe, hell, the Galaxy for these abominable acts of desertion and abandonment. Times get rough and the first thing you dump are your children.
Probaly JoeDogs story. He was dumped here and too stupid to hold his parents accountable, so hate on the Charitable Americans. While boasting of some takeover from the SOuth.
If arms are taken up, who will flee first to the SOuth? Or attempt to flee North, but won't find themselves so welcome.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#202 Jul 28, 2012
joebluedog wrote:
Long live Mexicans viva hard working undocumented workers doing the jobs that fat lazy American will not do...
What a foolish comment...they are doing the jobs Americans once worked and would work again. They are working harder at depleting our free social services systems...I'll give you that.
ima

El Paso, TX

#203 Jul 28, 2012
Nijoni wrote:
Oh, and don't forgt to call all AMericans gringo and Craker racists as we pick up your peices and support your offsrping and breeding habits. No doubt your Country would do the same for us, eh?
Bite the hands that care for yours in your greed for what will never be yours.
It is obvious you are grand Takers. Makers and givers, not so much. ALl about how many uncared for kids you can make to dump on all other races. You are known across the Globe, hell, the Galaxy for these abominable acts of desertion and abandonment. Times get rough and the first thing you dump are your children.
Probaly JoeDogs story. He was dumped here and too stupid to hold his parents accountable, so hate on the Charitable Americans. While boasting of some takeover from the SOuth.
If arms are taken up, who will flee first to the SOuth? Or attempt to flee North, but won't find themselves so welcome.
So true, so true!
El Cid

Austin, TX

#204 Jul 28, 2012
Juan wrote:
Taco Bell is nasty, besides I thought Taco Bell was the Mexican phone company. Did you used to run wires and sweep floors there too before you illegally came to America?
ima

El Paso, TX

#205 Jul 28, 2012
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Taco Bell is nasty, besides I thought Taco Bell was the Mexican phone company. Did you used to run wires and sweep floors there too before you illegally came to America?
can't stand Taco Bell, nothing they have is worth stopping in for.
Bob

De Soto, KS

#206 Jul 28, 2012
ima wrote:
<quoted text> can't stand Taco Bell, nothing they have is worth stopping in for.
I stopped eating there when it was thought they were using dog meat. No thanks!
Fitus T Bluster

Apopka, FL

#207 Jul 28, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>I stopped eating there when it was thought they were using dog meat. No thanks!
they should start using illegals.
Juan

Pearland, TX

#208 Jul 29, 2012
Nijoni wrote:
They don't like to be called Mexican either. But yet are so proud of Mexihell. Go Figure.
Whatever you think "Chief Scratch Ya Balls".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min USAsince1680 1,568,133
News Dear Trump Voters: The 1950's Aren't Coming Back 4 min Red Crosse 639
News Trump mistreats native son Jeff Sessions, Alaba... 6 min Dirty Rotten Trump 60
News The Latest: Duckworth says transgender ban disc... 7 min Red Crosse 52
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Julia 242,147
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min Buck Crick 18,283
News Senate rejects changes to 'Obamacare' in stiff ... 9 min Lawrence Wolf 29
News Trump bars transgender individuals from US arme... 22 min Lawrence Wolf 233
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 45 min Trump To Resign 280,389
More from around the web