Woman in 'fountain falling' video con...

Woman in 'fountain falling' video considers legal action, but facing her own

There are 96 comments on the www.examiner.com story from Jan 20, 2011, titled Woman in 'fountain falling' video considers legal action, but facing her own. In it, www.examiner.com reports that:

The woman whose pratfall into a mall fountain was captured on security footage, and then uploaded to YouTube is considering legal action, saying she was humiliated. Cathy Cruz Marrero, 49, was texting, and fell into a fountain at the Berkshire mall in Pennsylvania.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.examiner.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Schadenfreude

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Jan 20, 2011
What an idiot! I'm sure she feels humiliated. Who wouldn't after doing something so STUPID??

She obviously wasn't hurt since she walked away with only a bruised ego and wet clothes.
And if she hadn't gone on TV to seek her 15 minutes of fame, no one would have ever known who she was.

Naturally, she isn't talking about her five felony charges....

“I am male.”

Since: Apr 09

Bloomsburg, PA

#2 Jan 20, 2011
One of her complaints is that nobody from security came to see if she was ok. The video shows she was fine. As a follow up, the security guard that uploaded the video has been fired. I think that will be all the satisfaction she is gonna get from this. She wants to file a suit against the mall. I hope the judge throws the case out. Maybe the owners of the mall should make a public apology for having the fountain in a bad spot for those that don't look where they are going.
Robert

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Jan 20, 2011
What a joke, how would she know they did not help her, she immediately gout out and walked away because he was so humiliated at what he had done to herself. She must be a Dumbocrat. Does something stupid to herself and gets a lawyer trying to blame something on someone else.

It is probably Sarah Palin and Fox News fault that she walked into the pool in the mall while texting.
Jack Mehoff

Richmond, IN

#4 Jan 20, 2011
Sounds like the ultimate gibs me dat!

“It's pronounced DAG-uth.”

Since: Jun 07

Windsor, CO

#5 Jan 20, 2011
I've seen so many people do something completely stupid while texting because they can't take their eyes off of their stupid phone.

I had to save a dog from getting run over by a car the other day while some stupid teeny-bopper was walking it and not paying attention because she was too busy texting. AAAARRGGHHHH! I just want to shoot all these stupid people in the head!

If texting is more important to you than life, then you don't deserve to live.

“It's pronounced DAG-uth.”

Since: Jun 07

Windsor, CO

#6 Jan 20, 2011
Now that I've read the article in full - this is even more annoying! She not only was stupid enough to fall into a fountain while texting, she brought attention to herself by going public about it! If she would have never said anything, no one would have known who it was.

All she wants is money. If it goes that far, it will be a completely frivolous lawsuit. And - she just appeared in court on five felony counts, including theft! It's obvious she's just trying to take advantage of the situation. She doesn't deserve to sue. She doesn't deserve anything but her phone getting shoved up her ass.

“Where the beer flows like wine”

Since: Jun 08

Bizarro World

#7 Jan 20, 2011
This lady is an idiot and is what's wrong with this country today. Her lawyer said something to the like of, "we're going to find the ones responsible." Are you shitting me? The "one" responsible is YOUR CLIENT. Was the phone not in her hand? Was she not the one navigating her OWN body through space??? Whose responsibility was it exactly to direct her to "look up" and watch where she was going? ROFL- why is there this "poor me, blame-game, entitlement mentality" out there?

She even mentioned in an interview that "unfortunately, there was nothing for me to grab onto to catch my balance." Well no shit! They don't put grabrails INSIDE fountains for texting fools. What an accurate educational video for what life was like in the early 21st century. This is comedy and tragedy in motion.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#8 Jan 20, 2011
The Shyster who took on and is pressing this case needs to be disbarred,made to stand in a public square wearing a sign saying "WILL SUE FOR STUPIDITY". The woman who fell in the cement pond while texting should be used as an example of what happens when "walking while distracted". This stoopid bltch could have walked in front of a car.
bronck burger

Fair Lawn, NJ

#9 Jan 20, 2011
I BLAME RUSH LIBURGER CHEESE MEAT MILK PIE and SARAH CHEESE CAKE for this.
bronck burger

Fair Lawn, NJ

#10 Jan 20, 2011
correction>>> RUSH LIMBURGER CHEESE MEAT MILK PIE<<<

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#11 Jan 20, 2011
Here's an idea the courts should consider. If there is a frivolous lawsuit and its thrown out of court, the plaintiff should pay a fine for wasting the judge's time and taxpayers money.
no sympathy

Dry Prong, LA

#12 Jan 20, 2011
It was reported that she also WORKS in the mall so she had to know that there was a fountain there. What an idiot. She should feel humiliated for being such a moron for walking into a fountain and then going PUBLIC and letting everyone know what an even BIGGER IDIOT she is.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#13 Jan 20, 2011
bronck burger wrote:
I BLAME RUSH LIBURGER CHEESE MEAT MILK PIE and SARAH CHEESE CAKE for this.
So refreshing.... Idoicy still lives.....
hater of loud phones

Westminster, MD

#14 Jan 20, 2011
Hello she was in a public place-fair game for the rest of us to witness what she did!
Should of been a nice fresh pile of #
NW Hominid

Auburn, WA

#15 Jan 20, 2011
Sounds like Palingradis textitus...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#16 Jan 20, 2011
I saw the video. The fountain was open and obvious. I cannot see this person collecting any damages.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#17 Jan 20, 2011
She was probably sexting at the mall.

bf: Are you wet?

dumb broad: I am now who put this GD fountain in the way here I didn't even see it.

Or maybe she just didn't see it because she's friggin blind.

“Tea parties R 4 little girls.”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#18 Jan 20, 2011
The funny part of this is that if she didn't go on tv complaining how she was gonna sue because security didn't make sure she was o.k, her 15 minutes of fame would already be up. Embarassed my ass. The only thing she deserves is a cut of the money the video makes from Youtube if the video goes viral enough.

“Keeping It Real”

Since: Sep 10

Whittier, California

#19 Jan 20, 2011
This time: Walking into a fountain while texting.

Next time: Running someone over in her car while texting.

“LIVE TO HUNT”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#20 Jan 20, 2011
when i saw the video i thought it was hillary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Ghost No Life 1,382,465
News House takes action against Confederate flag, a ... 4 min kuda 106
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min Into The Night 59,453
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 6 min Memo From Turner 5,953
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 6 min Three Rounds 379
News Man undressing in women's locker room fuels dri... 7 min PauldenZangpo0521 4
News Freddie Gray case: Judge to issue verdict Monday 10 min PauldenZangpo0521 11
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 12 min Three Rounds 816
News Government to stop using 'negro' and 'oriental' 16 min Jaimie 217
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Agents of Corruption 383,845
More from around the web