Lama Admits that Sex in Tantric Pract...

Lama Admits that Sex in Tantric Practices is for Pleasure

Posted in the US News Forum

Since: Jul 13

Beijing, China

#1 Jul 25, 2013
url link:

http://www.xzmzjiemi.com/en/...

Down the crooked Path

I found this statement by a Western lama on another forum:

"The reason why the conduct of a Tibetan monk is kept secret from lay people is so that lay people will not criticize monks.... part of the reason for this is that all Tibetan monks are Vajrayana monks, and so if their conduct seems to be not in keeping with Hinayana [sic] vows, they might get into trouble. Vajrayana monks are not under the same restrictions as Hinayana monks. When one understands the fundamental principle of Vajrayana conduct is to engage sense objects and enjoy them for one's own pleasure, it changes the game of how one understands a Vajrayana monastic's conduct. The monastic thing is merely an outer show. It's not the essence of the practice."

-from Dharma Wheel This seems to be saying that Vajrayana monks all take vows to indulge in sense pleasures, and the "monastic thing", the robes, etc. are some sort of cover for an indulgent tradition. Is this for real? If so, this would explain a lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Coffee Party 1,563,354
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Trump Failed Again 279,065
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min Clearwater 15,288
News Trump's critique of Sessions reflects long-held... 10 min Retribution 6
News Trump stops hundreds of planned regulations 14 min Retribution 50
News Democrats aim to blast Trump for favoring wealthy 16 min inbred Genius 1,077
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min Dr Guru 242,222
News By a 2-to-1 margin, Americans prefer Obamacare ... 5 hr PPstuff 245
More from around the web